Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

26.5 hours but it's immediately archived on New Japan World, so you can watch whenever and don't need to worry about staying up

This is probably a dumb question but is this true of the English Commentary broadcast as well? I'm going to sign up for NJPW world to watch tomorrow after work and I'd prefer to understand the commentary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
It is. The English commentary broadcast is archived in a separate video.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

ThePariah posted:

It is. The English commentary broadcast is archived in a separate video.

That's fantastic, thank you!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Do I want to quit my job for three months and learn how to be a Pro Wrestler at Bad Luck Fales new Dojo? (Its NJPW Affiliated too) I think I could do well as the white version of Ishii

Solus fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 3, 2017

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Regarding music edits do they initially just cut the audio for live events and dub in different music at a later point? I've seen messages about music being altered and new music dubbed in, but other times its just the audio deleted. Is there any hard and fast rule, like no redubbing for house shows, but big events will get them later on?

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Regarding music edits do they initially just cut the audio for live events and dub in different music at a later point? I've seen messages about music being altered and new music dubbed in, but other times its just the audio deleted. Is there any hard and fast rule, like no redubbing for house shows, but big events will get them later on?

Depends. Likely they'll have it ready to dub over during the stream at a volume so you can hear the commentators. I think that happened at some point.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

what is the expected runtime this year? i have a shift at 1 pm pst tomorrow and i've watched every wk live since 2012... but if i have to be up til 5 am, may just have to wait til the following afternoon.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Why is NJPW airing a PPV in the middle of the Week on a day where I go back to work and won't be able to watch it live?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

cams posted:

what is the expected runtime this year? i have a shift at 1 pm pst tomorrow and i've watched every wk live since 2012... but if i have to be up til 5 am, may just have to wait til the following afternoon.

There's no intermission this year apparently. Probably 4 and a half hours?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Solus posted:

There's no intermission this year apparently. Probably 4 and a half hours?
ooh, no intermission can help. and op is a bit confusing, main show starts at 11 pst tonight, correct? so it could totally wrap up by 4 am if all this is accurate.

time to go buy some caffeine

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Solus posted:

Do I want to quit my job for three months and learn how to be a Pro Wrestler at Bad Luck Fales new Dojo? (Its NJPW Affiliated too) I think I could do well as the white version of Ishii

unless you're learning his one match with tanahashi move for move, i don't think fale's going to be the best wrestler to train you

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so wait, is this starting in seven hours then? oh, poo poo.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

cams posted:

ooh, no intermission can help. and op is a bit confusing, main show starts at 11 pst tonight, correct? so it could totally wrap up by 4 am if all this is accurate.

time to go buy some caffeine

Preshow starts at 11 PM PST, Rumble should be at about 11:30, main show at midnight your time

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Oka vs. Nagata is leader in the clubhouse at the moment for New Japon MOTY

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

ch3cooh posted:

Oka vs. Nagata is leader in the clubhouse at the moment for New Japon MOTY

Oka's in the Rumble then? Sweet, he has a ton of potential.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Why is NJPW airing a PPV in the middle of the Week on a day where I go back to work and won't be able to watch it live?

Because it's a holiday in Japan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's tradition to do it on January 4

Much like a lot of people don't remember Xmas and New Years being on Sundays, a lot of people don't remember January 4 being in the middle of a week

Next year it's on a Thursday, which is slightly better

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Much like a lot of people don't remember Xmas and New Years being on Sundays, a lot of people don't remember January 4 being in the middle of a week

no that's not at all cause I actually have to be at work on time on thursdays. I can at least be late tomorrow

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Why January 4?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

January 4 is one of the top 10 days of the month easily

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why January 4?

they did it once in 1992 and they thought 'hey, that was good' so they did it again. and again. and again. and

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/816275471495098369

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
One of you Japan boys buy me a Los Ingobernables hat like Naito's and send it to me. I will pay for it and shipping. This is an honest request because I really want that hat.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why January 4?

It's usually the last or one of the last days off of the New Years holiday period. I've heard from coworkers that it's the first day since Dec 31 that husbands can get away from family ;)

NJPW tl;dr if there's an event on a weird day it's probably a Japanese holiday.

[Edit] forgot what I'd wanted to post, which is that Minoru Suzuki is sure tweeting like a man strapping on his boots at the Dome. Could be a surprise in the Rumble, or more.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I know everyone is down on Cody, but his intro video and the first 5 seconds of his theme are pretty badass. And despite the fact that he's wrestling a random match against Juice, he manages to feel like a more important BC member than the rest of the American B-team.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

harperdc posted:

It's usually the last or one of the last days off of the New Years holiday period. I've heard from coworkers that it's the first day since Dec 31 that husbands can get away from family ;)

NJPW tl;dr if there's an event on a weird day it's probably a Japanese holiday.

[Edit] forgot what I'd wanted to post, which is that Minoru Suzuki is sure tweeting like a man strapping on his boots at the Dome. Could be a surprise in the Rumble, or more.

I was thinking he'd show up at New Year's Dash since in recent years they've finished up storylines at the Dome and waited until Korakuen the next day to really develop new ones. A Rumble appearance would own tho

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

checksin posted:

unless you're learning his one match with tanahashi move for move, i don't think fale's going to be the best wrestler to train you

Counterpoint: Sometimes wrestlers who aren't that great in terms of match quality do just fine as trainers. Larry Sharpe, Johnny Rodz, etc. Plus a lot of veterans have a younger, more technically sound guy walk you through the physical teaching part. He might have a deal with like, YOSHI-HASHI or KUSHIDA or something to come in when they can.

Solus, if it's something you really want, and you can actually afford to uproot your life, I say do it. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering, y'know?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Solus, if it's something you really want, and you can actually afford to uproot your life, I say do it. Don't spend the rest of your life wondering, y'know?

I live in the same city, He's opening it in New Zealand. My current job can be done in the evenings at the same time as training. It'll be great because NZ has got a tonne of Maori Boys who are all massive hosses with huge athletecism, even if they fat.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
My bet for WK11:

no matter who wins the Tag Belt match, Yano is going to run away with the belts anyway

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Solus posted:

I live in the same city, He's opening it in New Zealand. My current job can be done in the evenings at the same time as training. It'll be great because NZ has got a tonne of Maori Boys who are all massive hosses with huge athletecism, even if they fat.

Do it, and learn how to do a killer piledriver.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Do it, and learn how to do a killer piledriver.

poo poo I saw King Haku give Juice Robinson a piledriver earlier this year and I was loving terrified.
Sidepoint: Haku can still sorta go.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Solus posted:

poo poo I saw King Haku give Juice Robinson a piledriver earlier this year and I was loving terrified.
Sidepoint: Haku can still sorta go.

Before they started running with the savage thing, it was his finish for a while.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

I was thinking he'd show up at New Year's Dash since in recent years they've finished up storylines at the Dome and waited until Korakuen the next day to really develop new ones. A Rumble appearance would own tho

My fantasy booking: he blows through the Rumble and shows up to Korakuen all pissed off and still able to go.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/816449669739884544

Personally I have a piss jug ready

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
WATCH a ring being built.

http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00412_1_1

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Solus posted:

do it my dude, don't let me drag your dreams down

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
As much as I want Okada to win because he's the best and I love seeing the anti-Okada cult cry, I hope Kenny wins by 7:20 Eastern so I don't miss it for work!

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

the coffee is brewing, and I'm psyched to watch my third wrestle kingdom live

I'm very excited to see Scott Norton

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Once again, someone who has the capacity to do so, hit me up with a price for that LI hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'm not gonna be able to watch live, but it's cool to see how much buzz there is for the show this year compared to the putrid loving gate they did a decade ago with about as stacked a card as they could've put on (IWGP title match and a Triple Crown title match, Kawada vs beta-Nakamura, and Mutoh/Chono tagging in the main event).

Being hospitalized for a week in November and having to go back multiple times a week since then isn't the most fun. :smith:

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 4, 2017

• Locked thread