Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Casimir Radon posted:

The whole Rat King thing seems to be that they mostly seem to go after people who use their tran identity to manipulate others. Shmorky, Fire, and that weird commie Naruto person all apparently have a history of duping naive people, moving in with them, and getting abusive, rinse and repeat.

No, it doesn't actually sound like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
In fact, it sounds a lot like the average anti-LGBT hate groups with a thin veneer of justification, on a forum dedicated to stalking and harassing a mentally ill manchild.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

In fact, it sounds a lot like the average anti-LGBT hate groups with a thin veneer of justification, on a forum dedicated to stalking and harassing a mentally ill manchild.
I doubt the main driving factor here is anti-LGBT hate and more along the lines of "We found someone who is completely insane and responds when we egg them on!"

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Casimir Radon posted:

I doubt the main driving factor here is anti-LGBT hate and more along the lines of "We found someone who is completely insane and responds when we egg them on!"

they're perfectly happy to throw the regular style of anti-LGBT hate onto it very very liberally, though, so the distinction's kinda pointless in actual effect

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What's the deal with Fire? I'm only slightly aware of them

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Casimir Radon posted:

I mean, that's not at all how it's described as but whatever helps? It's just straight up 'them drat minorities living high on the hog because being a minority is so great!!!!'

It's almost like this forum of crazy people obsessively detailing every poster they can in a forum they claim to not care about may be full of loving dregs or something.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

It really can not be overstated: People have been tormenting him since 2007. Literally 10 loving years.

That is genuinely depressing.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av
I was going to say there's probably a CWC thread around on these forums somewhere if ya'll wanna post in that (not that i'm going to look for it) but then I realized such a thread would probably get gassed in short order, thank god. At any rate not that i'm one to backseat mod and all, but CWC's not really a goon thing.

How up to date is the SAclopedia anyway? Always found it slightly odd that we even have one.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Casimir Radon posted:

Then why would they need their own subforum for harassing minorities in particular for
?

Seems like if it was just another crazy person it would fit into their "lolcow" (holy poo poo do I hate the internet) subforum.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean, that's not at all how it's described as but whatever helps? It's just straight up 'them drat minorities living high on the hog because being a minority is so great!!!!'
I don't think anyone sane thinks they're rolling in money but at least a few are certainly taking advantage of naive well-meaning people for room and board. See below v

Heath posted:

What's the deal with Fire? I'm only slightly aware of them
Fire is a pedophile that got chased off SA for the last time a few years ago. His first real brush with negative attention was in 2003 when he made a thread where he threw a fit about a Zach Parsons review of the game Princess Maker II. His vicious defense of what every sane person deemed as a game for pedophiles gained him notoriety that would follow him into the present. He was a big LF poster of the type to be slamming "FULL COMMUNISM NOW!" into his keyboard at the drop of a hat, but most other LF posters were not fans of him. Though I guess he got let into at least one of their offsite boards. He eventual exit was preceded by a fit he threw in a GBS thread about Chelsea Manning leaking a bunch of poo poo to noted Russian agent Julian Assange. A group of mostly GIP posters were mocking his simplistic beliefs and eventually Princess Maker II came up and he had a meltdown that got him "banned". In actuality Ozma comped him a new account because she hated GIP. Fire bragged about this and it wasn't hard to figure out who this new account was and he was chased off again. There were at least a couple more account made, the most notable of which was him raving in an e/n trans megathread about how he was going to sue a battered women's shelter for not letting him stay there and being condemned by every single person in the thread.

Midway through all of this SS dug through his internet history and found a bunch more pedophile stuff. An account name he'd used before had been used on TV Tropes to edit an article about a movie titled Child Bride, in addition to some other creepy media. There were posts on other message boards about masturbating while driving, and buying alcohol for minors. Allegedly they passed this information to whatever school district he worked for in Florida and got him fired, but there doesn't seem to be any proof of this. Around this time Elliot Rodgers went and murdered some people and this somehow convinced Fire that he was trans. His fiance wasn't especially happy about this and tried counseling but that amounted to nothing. In Fire's mind the fiance was mean because she wasn't comfortable with any of this despite thanklessly supporting his loser rear end after the job loss, so they split up. His behavior got whacky enough that he was dis-invited to a family Thanksgiving at his parent's house while he was living there.

Fire then packed up and moved to Chicago to be with some other internet crazy person. This didn't last either and they started flinging allegations of abuse against each other. Fire had a temp job with some foundation tutoring kids (guess they didn't do a very good background check) but the temporary nature of the job was strictly enforced. The Chicago ex or somebody else sent all of Fire's coworkers naked pictures, and also put them on his LinkedIn. Fire claimed this got him fired from the position but that seems to be a lie since it was only a temp job and it was the end of the period. Since then Fire has exploited the kindness of some naive people for free room and board, and not held down any sort of job. His degree is in teaching but obviously there's a lot of evidence that he shouldn't be allowed near children, which is especially creepy since he was a special ed teacher who was in charge of vulnerable children. There's apparently some issue with transferring his teaching license to Illinois so that could mean that he lost it for creepy reasons, or just be an excuse. He thinks more menial work is beneath him so he's just completely stagnated at this point.

Casimir Radon has a new favorite as of 11:01 on Jan 3, 2017

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Casimir Radon posted:

I don't think anyone sane thinks they're rolling in money but at least a few are certainly taking advantage of naive well-meaning people for room and board. See below v

It seems odd to single them out for internet vigilante justice, considering that furries, religious people, MRAs, PUAs, Neo-Nazis and most internet social groups have their own fair share of scammers and bad roommates.

Almost like they're being targeted because they're LGBT.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

STop talking about that weird offsite please

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Casimir Radon posted:

Fire is a pedophile that got chased off SA for the last time a few years ago. His first real brush with negative attention was in 2003 when he made a thread where he threw a fit about a Zach Parsons review of the game Princess Maker II. His vicious defense of what every sane person deemed as a game for pedophiles gained him notoriety that would follow him into the present. He was a big LF poster of the type to be slamming "FULL COMMUNISM NOW!" into his keyboard at the drop of a hat, but most other LF posters were not fans of him. Though I guess he got let into at least one of their offsite boards. He eventual exit was preceded by a fit he threw in a GBS thread about Chelsea Manning leaking a bunch of poo poo to noted Russian agent Julian Assange. A group of mostly GIP posters were mocking his simplistic beliefs and eventually Princess Maker II came up and he had a meltdown that got him "banned". In actuality Ozma comped him a new account because she hated GIP. Fire bragged about this and it wasn't hard to figure out who this new account was and he was chased off again. There were at least a couple more account made, the most notable of which was him raving in an e/n trans megathread about how he was going to sue a battered women's shelter for not letting him stay there and being condemned by every single person in the thread.

Midway through all of this SS dug through his internet history and found a bunch more pedophile stuff. An account name he'd used before had been used on TV Tropes to edit an article about a movie titled Child Bride, in addition to some other creepy media. There were posts on other message boards about masturbating while driving, and buying alcohol for minors. Allegedly they passed this information to whatever school district he worked for in Florida and got him fired, but there doesn't seem to be any proof of this. Around this time Elliot Rodgers went and murdered some people and this somehow convinced Fire that he was trans. His fiance wasn't especially happy about this and tried counseling but that amounted to nothing. In Fire's mind the fiance was mean because she wasn't comfortable with any of this despite thanklessly supporting his loser rear end after the job loss, so they split up. His behavior got whacky enough that he was dis-invited to a family Thanksgiving at his parent's house while he was living there.

Fire then packed up and moved to Chicago to be with some other internet crazy person. This didn't last either and they started flinging allegations of abuse against each other. Fire had a temp job with some foundation tutoring kids (guess they didn't do a very good background check) but the temporary nature of the job was strictly enforced. The Chicago ex or somebody else sent all of Fire's coworkers naked pictures, and also put them on his LinkedIn. Fire claimed this got him fired from the position but that seems to be a lie since it was only a temp job and it was the end of the period. Since then Fire has exploited the kindness of some naive people for free room and board, and not held down any sort of job. His degree is in teaching but obviously there's a lot of evidence that he shouldn't be allowed near children, which is especially creepy since he was a special ed teacher who was in charge of vulnerable children. There's apparently some issue with transferring his teaching license to Illinois so that could mean that he lost it for creepy reasons, or just be an excuse. He thinks more menial work is beneath him so he's just completely stagnated at this point.

Why on earth would you know all this

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Casimir Radon posted:

The whole Rat King thing seems to be that they mostly seem to go after people who use their tran identity to manipulate others. Shmorky, Fire, and that weird commie Naruto person all apparently have a history of duping naive people, moving in with them, and getting abusive, rinse and repeat.

Nah they literally drove one of my ex's friends to suicide because she's trans and....talked about it I guess? Was easy to rile up? No idea.

then they made memes out of the suicide note.

So uh, yeah, that website sucks. So does shmorky, but still.

Also I couldn't find it browsing thru the thread but who's that one trans goon that also turned out to be a rapist? I stopped following the trans thread forever ago but remembered seeing something about it.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well surely they also have a subforum where they call out straight people who manipulate others for personal gain

surely

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I think the rapist was transgender, but the goon was drumming up support for better treatment in jail. Then they let slip this person was in jail for raping a kid, and welp.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Casimir Radon posted:

We-WebDog? Is that you?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Casimir Radon posted:

Truth is stranger than fiction

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

poptart_fairy posted:

I think the rapist was transgender, but the goon was drumming up support for better treatment in jail. Then they let slip this person was in jail for raping a kid, and welp.

It was for raping their kid to produce child pornography online.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Skarsnik posted:

Why on earth would you know all this
Hated him when he still posted here. SS started had a thread about him not long after the Aatrek one so I stumbled upon it. Then at some point I found out the Kiwifar.ms people were stalking him so I looked at that.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Do not gaze too long into the abyss, my friend.

Tofu Terry
Oct 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Pick posted:

It was for raping their kid to produce child pornography online.

:gonk: jesus loving christ I'm sorry I asked

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Tofu Terry posted:

:gonk: jesus loving christ I'm sorry I asked

That was the thread that led to the "spends hours weaving a heartfelt plea about the treatment of a prisoner who turns out to be Adolf Hitler" type quote right? Because that was a pretty funny quote.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Yall have been gazing way too deep into the abyss
I've been ignoring most of whatever this new schmorky drama is just cuz well...TMI baby man, but just like every other moment in goon drama there are some choice FYAD posts to be enshrined imo

Triticum Guzzler posted:

NEO: I know tongue poo

MORPHEUS: ...Show me

[Smash cut to Morpheus and Neo in their computer chairs engaging in 90 pages of pedo scat roleplay]

I.N.R.I posted:

MORPHEUS: What is real? How do you define 'real'? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then 'real' is simply electrical signals interpreted by your MSN messenger program.

Skylark posted:

Lots of information is pouring in... What is most striking to me when I read these logs is how ADORABle this Shmorky person is! "Fank you" and stuff like that, its just like talking to a cute little baby. D'aww

tumor looking batty posted:

Young Shmorky, thinking: I wonder which famous character I'll be for the rest of my life. There's Captain Ahab, Hamlet, Tony Soprano,

[overhears Baby Dinosaur say "Not the momma!" in the other room]

YOung Shmorky: Oh my god.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

Then why would they need their own subforum for harassing minorities in particular for
?

Seems like if it was just another crazy person it would fit into their "lolcow" (holy poo poo do I hate the internet) subforum.

Shmorky and Fire and whoever are pretty gross but loving :laffo: at anybody who's trying to claim that this is a "well they just chose these people to troll because they respond well" when the name of the loving subforum is basically "let's gently caress with LGBTQ people who don't meet our nebulous standards"

and of course by :laffo: I mean :smithicide: because jfc you guys

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Actually it's about ethics in organized harassment and doxxing.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010
On the other hand SA has the Star Citizen thread so thin ice.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

slinkimalinki posted:

On the other hand SA has the Star Citizen thread so thin ice.

I love stupid MMO drama and people being comedically bad at business but that thread has become really really weird.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It's had some good laughs but it's run its course. They were good for exposing the entirety of the Star Citizen scam and getting a refund subreddit setup so dumb people could get their money back. Also Pgabz videos are amazing.

I mean, you could argue that anyone dumb enough to spend hundreds to thousands on a a game don't deserve that money ANYway, I suppose. But there will be at a minimum lawsuits, and more than likely charges filed in a few countries for deceptive business practices.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

A Spider Covets posted:

I love stupid MMO drama and people being comedically bad at business but that thread has become really really weird.

That thread gets more posts in a day than like all my bookmarked threads put together, how can anybody even follow what they are talking about.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

That thread gets more posts in a day than like all my bookmarked threads put together, how can anybody even follow what they are talking about.

I generally didn't tbh, I would just check in every ten pages to see if something funny happened with the actual company, or to follow INRI and co.'s antics. I don't know how anyone follows it on a page-by-page basis.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You could literally check it once every hundred pages or so, and it's likely something funny would be going on. It's a nightmare thread for sure, but there's definitely source material for miles.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

EL BROMANCE posted:

You could literally check it once every hundred pages or so, and it's likely something funny would be going on.

Wrong.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well the last time I read it was everyone laughing at that stupid Star Trek sliding door at least. You just can't read more than a few posts and it's best to let the source material do the talking, rather than everyone giving their opinion.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what if star citizens actually release

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

What's the current status of star citizen anyway? First i have heard about a refund subreddit.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

RFC2324 posted:

What's the current status of star citizen anyway? First i have heard about a refund subreddit.

They've switched to a different engine a month ago. The game is slightly delayed again because of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Paladinus posted:

They've switched to a different engine a month ago. The game is slightly delayed again because of that.

uhrmmmmmmmmm is that a shmorky avatar who gave u that