Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Duke Igthorn posted:

See the problem is one of phrasing, it seems like a "gotcha" question so you just give the answer that more closely matches your views. I know Russia didn't literally "hack the vote" but if you asked me a question like this, one that doesn't include context or what I believe to be the correct answer, I'm going to pick the answer that more closely matches my beliefs. There is no room for "No, but..." so, gently caress it: yes.

I do not follow this logic in the slightest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
He's saying that if asked, "did the russians literally hack the vote," he would say yes

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
He does not agree that the russians literally hacked the vote. but if asked, he'd agree with that statement.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

We all realize that Russia stealing private correspondence in order to influence an election is bad, right? Just checking.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
TRUE/FALSE:
Trump is the reincarnation of grigori rasputin converted to the religion of venture capitalism, resurrected by a foul voodoo ritual headed by necromancer vladmir putin to sap the strength of undying neoliberal lich Hillary Rodham Clinton and defeat her in the election with the help from sinister kgb operatives

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Shangri-Law School posted:

We all realize that Russia stealing private correspondence in order to influence an election is bad, right? Just checking.

Yes, that is in fact not the issue in question at this moment

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Control Volume posted:

TRUE/FALSE:
Trump is the reincarnation of grigori rasputin converted to the religion of venture capitalism, resurrected by a foul voodoo ritual headed by necromancer vladmir putin to sap the strength of undying neoliberal lich Hillary Rodham Clinton and defeat her in the election with the help from sinister kgb operatives

Well I don't believe that, but there isn't an option that represents my exact beliefs (trump is a money golem made by a wizard as a graduate project) so I'm gonna say true.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Control Volume posted:

TRUE/FALSE:

TRUE

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Control Volume posted:

TRUE/FALSE:

*scans question carefully* Well, I don't think necromancy is real, but there isn't an option for "false, but Trump is in fact a venture capitalist", so gently caress it: TRUE

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
THAT'S all I'm saying

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Im glad a majority of you see things my way

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
Hmm . . . I can only say "true" or "false"? Not "extremely true, the only truth"? Weeellllll, then false I guess

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Duke Igthorn posted:

I shared this comic with brother mine:

"blow it out your rear end. Have you been to any political group meetings since the election? The left is in big big danger, and if they don't accept reality we're screwed. But they're all delusional, holding onto identity politics. Do me a favor and name one conservative author/thinker that you respect. We won't beat this new form of cultural nationalism unless we understand the other side because obviously screaming that they're racist misogynist pigs doesn't work anymore.
Tulsi Gabbard should run in 2020
Also watch Adam Curtis
And that comic is funny how it's punchline is basically "look fox news! Remember to keep being a partisan hack!"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...m=.162c13ace30e "

I'm sorry your brother is a dumb. This election brought out the aggressive belittling stupid in a lot of people.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Duke Igthorn posted:

Also watch Adam Curtis

Is your brother McDowell?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Congress is a bunch of gay cruisers what?

edit: or just that ethics office?

Arstan
May 30, 2012

Thanks Cinco

Samurai Sanders posted:

Congress is a bunch of gay cruisers what?

edit: or just that ethics office?

He's hollerin' about all the hush money he's saved now that his child molestation will stay under wraps.

BlackWidowCult
Apr 8, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How on Heaven & Earth could it be anything other than 4-8 years of "this is Obama's fault!"?

Or just this poo poo forever.
https://twitter.com/Quindel1plex/status/816111601308864512

Nice choice of image; that "red pill" is a laxative.

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Wealthy and pervy people in power keep pissing on and deriding the Office of Ethics.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Doesn't this guy normally have lovely opinions I really like this comic.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

KillerQueen posted:

Wealthy and pervy people in power keep pissing on and deriding the Office of Ethics.

Accurate, considering what nearly happened.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

Doesn't this guy normally have lovely opinions I really like this comic.

Marlette is a tepid liberal (for Pensacola, Florida, anyway) who nevertheless drew about a thousand Ed Asner-looking Crooked Hillarys last year

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Hey guys I just got done cooking this batch of HACKING OUR ELECTION, want to have some before they cool?

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
Who took the Hacking Our Election from the Hacking Our Election jar?
Putin took the Hacking Our Election from the Hacking Our Election jar!
Shto?
Yes, you!
Suka blyat
Then who??

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Hey guys I just got done cooking this batch of HACKING OUR ELECTION, want to have some before they cool?

Hacking Our Election brand cookies, "Just like Mother Russia's cooking!" (TM)

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Potato Salad posted:

Pseudoliberal aging white male hipster Bernouts wealthy enough to own a bigass TV and cable (holy poo poo the first panel) think:
--identity politics constitutes a major problem as opposed to something to advance
-- it's totally a case of overblown "political correctness" that ails the USA, not literal neo-nazism and self-identifying white nationalists
-- it's the liberal elites, not the president elect that is installing the richest administration comprised of ex-lobbyists, bankers, and party family dons any democratic nation has ever on this Earth seen, that don't care about the working class.

I get where there's points to be made where the Dem candidate was a pistol shot in the party's own foot but and that discussion has been done and re-done and re-done here and elsewhere to death, but Lord Jesus this is AGC :suicide:

edit: sp

Wait, is that not the actual message of the cartoon? I literally can't see any other reading.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Duke Igthorn posted:

I shared this comic with brother mine:

"blow it out your rear end. Have you been to any political group meetings since the election? The left is in big big danger, and if they don't accept reality we're screwed. But they're all delusional, holding onto identity politics. Do me a favor and name one conservative author/thinker that you respect. We won't beat this new form of cultural nationalism unless we understand the other side because obviously screaming that they're racist misogynist pigs doesn't work anymore.
Also watch Adam Curtis
And that comic is funny how it's punchline is basically "look fox news! Remember to keep being a partisan hack!"

We absolutely need to understand the plight of people on the other side of the aisle, but saying we need to pick our favorite conservative intellectual is stupid. The Republican party has been drumming intellectuals (and not-so-intellectuals) out as RINOs since they needed to somehow say Bush wasn't a republican after Katrina in 2006. I would have been happy to say someone like Andrew Sullivan before he needed to start calling himself independent because they just couldn't shut up about how badwrong gay marriage was.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

twerking on the railroad posted:

We absolutely need to understand the plight of people on the other side of the aisle, but saying we need to pick our favorite conservative intellectual is stupid. The Republican party has been drumming intellectuals (and not-so-intellectuals) out as RINOs since they needed to somehow say Bush wasn't a republican after Katrina in 2006. I would have been happy to say someone like Andrew Sullivan before he needed to start calling himself independent because they just couldn't shut up about how badwrong gay marriage was.
I read several conservative commentators, but I don't think I could name a favorite because I think they are completely wrong 99% of the time. I will say I have newfound respect for a couple who haven't yet fallen in line behind Trump though.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Conservative's slavish devotion to talking points means that 99% of them will be saying/believing the exact same things at any given time

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Shouldn't this be Mallard's first prediction for 2020?

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Duke Igthorn posted:

Also watch Adam Curtis

All of this is true though. Except respecting a conservative thinker because they are all subhuman slime, all the way down to William F. Buckley. Maybe Edmund Burke deserves some credit. Probably not.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That's some real weird-looking shading.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Shouldn't this be Mallard's first prediction for 2020?
I remember lots of anonymous internet people saying they would do it but I can't remember what celebrities did.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Republicans posted:

That's some real weird-looking shading.

No foolin, I thought it was Rall for a second.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Like all the conservatives who swore they'd emigrate if same-sex marriage ever became legal? :wave:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Samurai Sanders posted:

I remember lots of anonymous internet people saying they would do it but I can't remember what celebrities did.

There were a few. Lena Dunham did, and so did Amy Schumer, who I assume is the lumpy mass Tinsley tried to draw there.

Drinky sure does seem pretty confident the party that - as it's first act this session - tried to poison the ethics watchdog will be cruising to victory again in four years.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

There were a few. Lena Dunham did, and so did Amy Schumer, who I assume is the lumpy mass Tinsley tried to draw there.

Drinky sure does seem pretty confident the party that - as it's first act this session - tried to poison the ethics watchdog will be cruising to victory again in four years.

Depends on exactly how illegal voting while black becomes

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Forget about loving your country. It isn't a necessary part of being a good citizen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

King Possum III posted:

Like all the conservatives who swore they'd emigrate if same-sex marriage ever became legal? :wave:

Rush Limbaugh: I'll Leave Country Over Health Bill

• Locked thread