Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Have Bronze wepon give more weapon xp. Not only will it get people out of E-rank hell faster but it will give a reason to use them over iron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I thought there was a weapon type in awakening that gives more weapon exp. The joke weapons?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

If they do, Serenes doesn't record it. I mean, it's a possibility but I figured the Awakening hackers would've told people if the joke weapons gave extra XP.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought there was a weapon type in awakening that gives more weapon exp. The joke weapons?

I think older games had variable XP by weapon type, but I can't remember the details. I do know Awakening had a skill the doubled weapon XP on cavs, which Fates is missing.

I've said it before, but Awakening had weapon XP as a bad system that didn't much matter because other systems made it easy to ignore, while Fates fixes enough of the distractions to shove how awful the game's weapon XP system is right in your face. Then they made it worse.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

In 7, Devil Axes gave 8 WXP, Steel Axes gave 2 WXP, Iron Blades gave 2 WEXP and Steel Lances gave 2 WXP as well. A few swings of the Devil Axe and your Paladin would suddenly be able to use Hand/Killer Axes.

It was also pretty good in 9 because Paladins could pick any extra weapon type on promotion. For some reason, Steel Axes were E-rank and gave 2 WXP.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I paired Mozu with Benny cause I'd thought it be funny to pair up a gentle giant with a country bumpkin but I wasn't expecting their dialogue to be so insanely cute.

Even moreso with Ignatius. :3:

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
The only problem with the reclassing system is the E-rank hell. I honestly like the fact you can't mindlessly reclass and have to treat seals as an important resource like in older games (at least for conquest). They should just start reclassed units at D and I think it would be fine. Losing some weapon availability when you recalls is I think a good idea to make class changing a strategic decision where you have to put some thought into whether putting a unit in a class better for them is worth the tradeoff of working out of low weapon ranks.

Willninho
Aug 14, 2007
Is there a big tip for the conquest ninja level?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

pair xander up with someone that gives him defense and sit him in a chokepoint. if you have effie or benny leveled up, you can do the same with them. the ninjas won't attack you if they can't hurt you so you can just pick them off at your leisure. you can have someone sit behind your meat wall and have them plink away at a ninja, then have azura dance them to safety. it's really easy to get experience to the characters that are harder to feed in a real combat scenario. this will take ages but you can easily get a few people promoted if you feel like doing that. if not, just oneshot all the ninjas with xander or w/e (tho be careful because the ninjas will start attacking you if they debuff your defense enough to let them do damage and poison strike will let them whittle down even your beefiest of tanks eventually)

also try and keep that idiot saizo trapped in the back somewhere so he doesn't steal your kills or die (keeping him alive gets you a prize but I forget what it is)

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

You get a Speedwing if he survives.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

just got this game (conquest ver) and it's super fun so far. a good sequel to awakening. pairing up seems different though

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

just got this game (conquest ver) and it's super fun so far. a good sequel to awakening. pairing up seems different though

It is. Your partner will only attack if they're adjacent rather than paired. If you pair them up, they will always defend against an enemy's dual strike, and will defend against the primary attacking enemy when the little shield bar is filled up, which it does by you attacking or being attacked while paired.

One good feature is that before you do an attack, you can choose who you would like to have supporting you if there are multiple units adjacent to your attacking unit.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Hmm. Do tankier chars guard better than damage dealers?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Pair up based guarding just nulls damage.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Alright, thanks.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
also dual attacks deal half their normal damage now.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what are some good pairings on conquest lunatic with a femc? i came up with some ages ago when i first started this playthrough but then i shelved it for months and completely forgot what i was planning and don't want to bother thinking about it myself again. i'm not gonna do minmax stuff or grinding, just what pairings give kids with good growths and maybe classes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i think she's a defense boon luck bane cause that's what i would do if i were to start it right now, but i don't recall and don't think there's a way to check

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you'll be able to check through yours and kana's statues eventually

anyway, I'd go with keaton or benny. xander would make kana average and seigbert pretty good but then you're marrying your brother and using seigbert. silas is kinda like a worse xander and sophie's kinda like a worse seigbert so you could do that instead but I wouldn't expect great things from your kids. laslow would also be pretty decent I think

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
so my 3ds is finally fixed which means i get to enjoy my weird mix of the gay fates hack and the revelations buff.

Now all I need is the best gay pairings because this is going to be my "no straights" run I think

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is it possible to reclass someone so they can learn a specific skill?

I like Charlotte but her hit % is poo poo, was wondering if it was possible to teach her some archer skills.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Units learn skills in any class you reclass them to, yeah. You'd have to marry/A+ Charlotte to an Archer, though, which... I'm not sure if it's possible? Maybe there's a castle out there somewhere with a Certain Blow Charlotte you can buy the skill off.

E: Oh, duh, of course, Corrin. So it's hypothetically possible, so if you find someone's castle online somewhere you don't need to worry about cheating. Awakening is pretty great and I forgot about it, but you don't get it until level 35 and DLC skills can't be bought so if you want it as an immediate bandaid for her poor hit it won't fill that niche.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 16, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

only way to marry an archer to charlotte is to pick that as the avatar's boon class since mozu's the only archer in conquest

you could make her a great lord or w/e the lucina class is called for awakening tho in a pinch, that boosts hit/avoid/crit by 30% when you're at less than half health

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The other alternative would be S/A+ with Leo/Odin/Nyx to get Heartseeker via Dark Mage. She doesn't get anything outside of that from them though, other than maybe Lifetaker.

I dunno, I've never really used Charlotte other than as a pair-up bot. If she could at least dodge like Hana maybe, but most of the time she's basically Arthur with a huge risk-reward component.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
So basically Arthur then? :v: but yeah, she kind of has a poo poo start and her direct competition is a dude that can offset his terrible gimmick with Goddess Statues that aren't in huge demand.

Dirty Deeds Done
Apr 8, 2009

OI OI OI OI OI OI
I tossed a dual club and swordbreaker on Charlotte and used her to devour everything with a sword

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

So, seeing as the EU DLC sale is ending tomorrow morning, what is worth getting, if anything? The Awakening thread OP had this big guide explaining what was worth DLC-wise, which is sorely missing here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's all skippable and most of it is honestly kinda bad. I like the vanguard map tho; it's fun

you can get the money grinding one for support grinding in conquest as well. the other grinding maps are pretty bad

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Welp, guess I'll look into the Vanguard map at least. Maybe the Anna DLC, too. Thanks.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Saoshyant posted:

So, seeing as the EU DLC sale is ending tomorrow morning, what is worth getting, if anything? The Awakening thread OP had this big guide explaining what was worth DLC-wise, which is sorely missing here.

I put as much effort into the DLC as IntSys did.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Saoshyant posted:

I don't know what these people are talking about, I enjoyed the DLC maps.

You can skip Boo Camp/Beach Brawl/Ghostly Gold/Museum Melee. Royal Royale is good for getting Dread Fighters and Dark Fliers if you want those, but it's kinda annoying so don't worry if you don't think you'll need them. The Hidden Truths maps are backstory for the Awakening Kids (explaining how they got there). It'll also unlock the Robin class and allow units to become Dragon Vein users, so it's useful for that too. Ballistician Blitz and Witches' Trial are useful if you want those classes, and they're useful for Takumi and your little sisters respectively so I'd recommend them. (the Anna map is obviously a recommended purchase)

The second map pack is a giant pre-made unit storyline and I really liked them. I recommend it, and it comes with useful skills, the -taker skills (kill an enemy, gain +2 to a stat, up to +10) and Point Blank for the Finale, if you keep your entire army alive. The finale provides a little more insight into the final boss, and I like the Matt Mercer performance of Lost in Thoughts All Alone.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Dec 29, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hey.

How do I change Kana's class?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey.

How do I change Kana's class?

Uh, the same way as anyone else's? Master Seal to promote, Heart Seal to change base class.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Uh, the same way as anyone else's? Master Seal to promote, Heart Seal to change base class.

Ahhh, thanks.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Ahhh, thanks.

Just as a note, Kanna plays by normal character rules, unlike Corrin who can reclass to match anyone of the same gender he or she has an A rank with. It's not something the game goes out of its way to clarify, but it gives Corrin a bit more generalist utility.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chiasaur11 posted:

Just as a note, Kanna plays by normal character rules, unlike Corrin who can reclass to match anyone of the same gender he or she has an A rank with. It's not something the game goes out of its way to clarify, but it gives Corrin a bit more generalist utility.

WHAT?

gently caress me I had no idea.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alteisen posted:

WHAT?

gently caress me I had no idea.

That's normal. I only found out by going online. It's not something the game explains, and it's not exactly something most people would fiddle with on their own, since it means giving Corrin a friendship seal when they have no A+ ranks to use it with. Just one of the game's weird little corners.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So what would be a good class to reclass her to? I find her royal one to be pretty awful.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Alteisen posted:

So what would be a good class to reclass her to? I find her royal one to be pretty awful.

I've heard good things about wyvern rider and paladin. Wyvern rider costs you the use of the Yato, though, and paladin isn't so good for the damned kitsune mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chiasaur11 posted:

I've heard good things about wyvern rider and paladin. Wyvern rider costs you the use of the Yato, though, and paladin isn't so good for the damned kitsune mission.

Is that in conquest?

• Locked thread