Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm not sure what is worse...N64 or GC controller. Probably N64, but GC is the preferred controller of rapists.

One of them is a three-pronged vibrating dildo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I didn't like how smash 4 didn't have a neat story mode thing to go through with cute cutscenes and poo poo of the characters interacting with each other

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

nice thumb

Thanks

Made it myself

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Don't do preorders. Especially for products that aren't even announced.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Actually tho do you think preorders might be kind of necessary for the Switch?

Nintendo is weirdly horrible about keeping their physical games in stock. I remember not being able to track down a cart for the 3DS Liuigi's Mansion on release, which was surprising because it's still technically a Mario game so.... you'd think....???

Yeah you can buy digital but the Switch has like no storage.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm probably gonna preorder a Switch

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Holy poo poo

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm probably gonna preorder a Switch

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
"don't pre order something you want that will be sold out for some indeterminate amount of time after release"

nah

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'll probably preorder if the reveal turns out well and it seems like something that might sell out.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rexroom posted:

Don't do preorders. Especially for products that aren't even announced.

Stores do this super weird thing where if a game isn't coming out on release you can cancel your preorder and get your money back.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This thread are idiots, they seem to think that a store keeps your money if you accidentally preorder something that later doesn't come out, because some reason and also consumer laws don't exist????

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hedrigall posted:

This thread are idiots, they seem to think that a store keeps your money if you accidentally preorder something that later doesn't come out, because some reason and also consumer laws don't exist????

TBF in that case you are technically giving the store an interest free loan. But yeah who loving cares, if the money is that big of an issue you probably shouldn't be preordering luxury products anyway.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hedrigall posted:

It's more like you probably shouldn't spend any amount of money on things which might not even exist*, and pre-ordering video games is usually not a good idea because the chance you won't be able to buy it at release is low and the chance it will turn out to be bad is high

*cue "just lol if you even notice ten dollars as money, you loving poor"

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

I think it's more like "don't buy things blindly on release" but obviously it is your life adventure and your choice to make

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's more like you probably shouldn't spend any amount of money on things which might not even exist*, and pre-ordering video games is usually not a good idea because the chance you won't be able to buy it at release is low and the chance it will turn out to be bad is high

*cue "just lol if you even notice ten dollars as money, you loving poor"

The switch is real and you will be able to play Zelda and more importantly Splatoon on it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
(gamestop employee hands you a launch xbone with kinect)

:smuggo:: You said you wanted

a switch

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
They should ship the Switch with a bag of amiibos

get it?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
It's so they could label it the Bait & Switch

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I'll be here all night oh and please check out my Patreon

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hey is Zero Mission good? I feel like I've asked that before, and it's for sale on the eShop.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey is Zero Mission good? I feel like I've asked that before, and it's for sale on the eShop.

Yes.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Jonas Albrecht posted:

yes very fun

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Bass Bottles posted:

I think it's more like "don't buy things blindly on release" but obviously it is your life adventure and your choice to make

It was a gift card from Christmas, and I didn't really want or need anything else

If some games don't come out on release, I'll just move that money onto the console.
One less thing to worry about.

May as well reserve my spot in the line just incase they are super popular items. :shrug:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Zero Mission is real real good.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

zero mission is tied with fusion for best metroid in my opinion

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

How accurate is the idea that it's a remake of Metroid 1? I really like that game, and would be extra down to play a GBA remake.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jonas Albrecht posted:

How accurate is the idea that it's a remake of Metroid 1? I really like that game, and would be extra down to play a GBA remake.

Very. It's really good.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Extremely. It's the first Metroid but better. There's some weird developer...oversights? Decisions? There's some bizarre changes but most everything is for the better. It also uses the same engine as Fusion, so if you liked Fusion minus the things like (over-)linearity and a babbling plot character, you'll like Zero Mission.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

There's some weird developer...oversights? Decisions?

Interesting. Go on.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Interesting. Go on.

When I played it, I remember a bunch of stuff was moved around and there's a lot of things that were walled off that weren't before, some of which I blocked a couple of power ups you could get early in the original.

Although it's most likely to just stop you from getting lost, which I did a lot in the original.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Theta Zero posted:

Although it's most likely to just stop you from getting lost, which I did a lot in the original.

That's not quite a shame, but when I was young, getting lost was always the best part. You'd stumble upon some area you simply weren't ready for and it would be like you turned a corner into hell.

I'm fine with the designers trying to breed out those traits though.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Folks, just dropping in to wish you a happy new year. We've got a lot in store to share with you soon, so be sure to "Direct" your attention to the listed Switch information schedules... you won't be disappointed. ;)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

You can 'Direct' some leaks into my inbox

I'm super trustworthy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i can direct you to the morgue

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My Uncle works for Nintendo and he told me that Sonic will appear in a Mario game

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
What was supposed to be a PS4 exclusive, Rime is now a multi-platform release that's also coming to the Switch in May. Be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIdDAllGMM

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rexroom posted:

What was supposed to be a PS4 exclusive, Rime is now a multi-platform release that's also coming to the Switch in May. Be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMIdDAllGMM

I'd be surprised if it turns out good, usually getting dropped by your publisher isnt a sign of a project on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

is there going to be a Switch port of Mario Party 2 HD with online multiplayer

• Locked thread