Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Top 5 pick for the Titans :getin:

They had one last year, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

MrLogan posted:

They had one last year, too.

A 9 win season and having one is a little diff than a 3 win season and having one, my dude

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Seems like a bunch of mocks have Fournette going to the Jets and I really don't like that. I'm sure he'll be great, but I feel like Powell can be a good to very-good feature back if given a chance to be. I think at this point I'd love to see them trade down since they have such an absolute dearth of talent.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Im still on the Deshaun Watson train but I'd accept LT, CB, or edge rusher.

RB, even if its Fournette, is such a meh pick near the top of the draft.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Im still on the Deshaun Watson train but I'd accept LT, CB, or edge rusher.

RB, even if its Fournette, is such a meh pick near the top of the draft.

Instead of taking Fournette at 6, I'd be more open to trading down and getting a Dalvin Cook and then going CB & offensive line in the second with the extra pick. A Teddy Bridgewater-like situation with Watson would also be great if the Jets trade down, since they could probably flip the (likely) extra 2nd rounder to jump back into the end of the first round.

The fact that the Jets have so many holes at so many positions mean that a ton of different draft strategies make sense!

Edit: This is a tangent, but the Hackenberg pick really does obscure the fact that last year's draft class is pretty good. Lee is going to be a good player (maybe not special, but good), Jenkins & Burris appear to be at least solid depth guys, and Peake is going to contribute at WR. That doesn't even include Anderson who seems like he could be a fun player. This year was a disaster, but I do have SOME faith in Maccagnan from a scouting standpoint.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jan 2, 2017

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Seems like a bunch of mocks have Fournette going to the Jets and I really don't like that. I'm sure he'll be great, but I feel like Powell can be a good to very-good feature back if given a chance to be. I think at this point I'd love to see them trade down since they have such an absolute dearth of talent.

I don't think Powell is an every down feature back and you can never get good value for trading down from 6. I'm fine with any impact player and Fournette is that.

As far as their drafting goes, they are 0 for 2 in the second round and I'm nowhere near sold on Lee yet.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP to the guy who gets picked by the bears

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mcmagic posted:

As far as their drafting goes, they are 0 for 2 in the second round and I'm nowhere near sold on Lee yet.

Yeah, obviously the second round performance is terrible going back to...jesus, 2007?

I'm not totally sold on Lee (maybe saying he was "good" was an exaggeration). He was inconsistent and he struggled in coverage something crazy. But, I think he looked solid enough at a lot of points that it's fine to be optimistic about him.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

FizFashizzle posted:

Cam won MVP last year and basically destroyed the NFL.

He's struggling this year because referees are letting defenses tee off on his head because they don't treat him like other quarterbacks, and half his offense has gotten injured/fallen off a cliff.

Yeah he really broke the league with those multiple sack-fumbles in the biggest football game in the known universe. That's like saying Vick "basically destroyed the NFL" in 2010. Cam had a single good season (in which he literally only had ONE good game before Week 9) against the weakest slate of defenses in the league and then dutifully resumed his rightful role as the worst QB in a dumpster division.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, obviously the second round performance is terrible going back to...jesus, 2007?

I'm not totally sold on Lee (maybe saying he was "good" was an exaggeration). He was inconsistent and he struggled in coverage something crazy. But, I think he looked solid enough at a lot of points that it's fine to be optimistic about him.

They have 1 impact player from 2 drafts and he literally fell in their lap.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

mcmagic posted:

They have 1 impact player from 2 drafts and he literally fell in their lap.

Whatever happened with Dee Milliner?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

fartknocker posted:

Mitch Trubinsky is a backup QB name if I ever saw one.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

fartknocker posted:

Mitch Trubinsky is a backup QB name if I ever saw one.

Bears fans calling to draft him after watching tape and determining his name ends in "sky"

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Why did the Eagles have to win the last two games dammit

Sorry ignore this if you are a browns fan. But from an Eagles perspective it didn't affect our pick at all

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Whatever happened with Dee Milliner?

He was bad and got hurt a lot.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Malik Hooker declared. Some team's getting a beaut.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

DNS posted:

Yeah he really broke the league with those multiple sack-fumbles in the biggest football game in the known universe. That's like saying Vick "basically destroyed the NFL" in 2010. Cam had a single good season (in which he literally only had ONE good game before Week 9) against the weakest slate of defenses in the league and then dutifully resumed his rightful role as the worst QB in a dumpster division.

lol quoting a post from 2 months

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
I'm catching up!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/816009857388032000

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Someone give me the Chris Godwin scouting report

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Godwin is a strong name, perhaps too strong.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Which guy falls ridiculously because of weed

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Brad Kaaya declared.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ZenVulgarity posted:

Which guy falls ridiculously because of weed

Myles Garrett, scared of being drafted by the Browns, makes a video of himself smoking weed in the limo ride to the Draft and tweets it out. Browns take him anyway.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

DC Murderverse posted:

Myles Garrett, scared of being drafted by the Browns, makes a video of himself smoking weed in the limo ride to the Draft and tweets it out. Browns take him anyway.

Only with the 12th pick instead of the first.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Daltos...

I'm someone that follows college football and the NFL draft very well, and I came across something this evening that shocked me.

Bleacher Report (yes, yes, but read on)'s Matt Miller has QB Josh Allen, of Wyoming, going third overall to the Bears. I...admittedly have watched zero of him. At all. Mind giving me some thoughts as to why he's justified to go within the top 3?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kirios posted:

Daltos...

I'm someone that follows college football and the NFL draft very well, and I came across something this evening that shocked me.

Bleacher Report (yes, yes, but read on)'s Matt Miller has QB Josh Allen, of Wyoming, going third overall to the Bears. I...admittedly have watched zero of him. At all. Mind giving me some thoughts as to why he's justified to go within the top 3?

He's a really good athlete but throws wobbly dart passes. Has a diagonal delivery like Rivers. Footworks there and I know Wyoming was running a mix of spread, designed runs, and roll outs to take advantage of his arm and legs.

Hype machine has been rising since he almost led that comeback against BYU. I imagine he'll test well at the combine.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Fins interviewer #1: "So, Malik, was your mother also-"
Fins interviewer #2: "Goddammit Brad we've been over this."

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i just watched a trubisky highlight video that had a worrying amount of clips from read option plays and throws where the receiver either had to completely stop to make the catch or at the very least lose a couple steps on their route. is he really the #1 QB for this year? i don't care for the skins sake, but he looks like a project at the least.

e: one year starter at unc of all places seems a little busty too.

double e: i want this malik hooker...

shiksa fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 3, 2017

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I watched half a trubinsky highlights video and my takeaway is that there's a WR on unc named Bug Howard

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Daltos...

each sentence in this post is funnier than the last

they are so desperate to put a white dude at the front of the qb class it's staggering

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

Brad Kaaya declared.

I feel like Kaaya is the most likely to declare in the same way Michael Scott declared bankruptcy. Just standing outside on US 1 shouting "NFL Draft! I declare for the NFL draft!!!"

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Alaois posted:

each sentence in this post is funnier than the last

they are so desperate to put a white dude at the front of the qb class it's staggering

Its also after Wentz and to some extent albeit older, Flacco making people look at smaller programs for guys they can coach up.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

DNS posted:

He had a terrible season because of a lot of things, some of which were his fault (his footwork was poor and he simply got away with less; last year he had a lot of dropped interceptions for example).

However a lot of things weren't Cam's fault. He didn't get enough penalties on late hits, his OL was devastated by injuries and guys had to be shifted out-of-position and the running game was awful. Teams also seemed to figure out the read-option gimmick too.

He is never going to be a top-tier passer, but he has an amazing arm and is one of the top QBs in the league throwing the deep ball. He just needs more consistency up front and from his running game, and he needs someone to work on his footwork.

e: That's why I hope we end up going against the grain and drafting for need instead of best-player-available. If we end up with another DT/LB I will be pissed. There will be a top tier RB, LT, CB or S available. Even one of the top DEs would be better than BPA.

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 3, 2017

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
OSU DB Gareon Conley declared for the draft. He improved a lot in the last year.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Who is the best cornerback coming out with weak salivary glands?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Who's the best name? I'm thinking Weston Steelhammer or Corn Elder.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Shangri-Law School posted:

I think you can guess which parents were awesome and which were terrible

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Shangri-Law School posted:

Jake Butt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Taco.

• Locked thread