Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Revol posted:

I'm using a display case from Michaels.

I like that micro scale Nebulon B! I bet it would look great with a stand, though making anything trans-clear look nice is kind of a challenge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Zodack posted:

I like that micro scale Nebulon B! I bet it would look great with a stand, though making anything trans-clear look nice is kind of a challenge

Here are the instructions. When I first saw it, I knew I had to build it. And yeah, I used a clear stand with it. It's been build for a long time now, though, and has come into disrepair (along with my Millennium Falcon).

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Here's my minifig display solution.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Revol posted:

I'm using a display case from Michaels.

While I'm at it, here is my entire display.

Do you know what this is called? I went today and didn't see anything like it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Ebay scumbag reseller alert.

The FREE kids polybag batsignal kit is selling for $30+

I'm sure the price will drop but that's some hosed up poo poo.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

obi_ant posted:

Do you know what this is called? I went today and didn't see anything like it.

https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-keepsake-display-case/10227067.html

Hrm, hope it goes back in stock, I need to get another one.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Revol posted:

https://www.michaels.com/studio-decor-keepsake-display-case/10227067.html

Hrm, hope it goes back in stock, I need to get another one.

drat, when did they go out of stock? Is there a way to get notified when they come back in stock?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Grabbed 20 of the Batman CMFs at the Tukwila store today, and got 20/20. Helped another guy find the few he was looking for, too. Tukwila sold out of Assembly Squares within an hour yesterday, so I'm glad I decided to wait for 2x points to buy it. I did pick up the Adventure Time set, Robo Explorer, and the closest thing to a first-party spaceship they've had since Benny's, the new Nexo Knights Clay's Falcon Fighter Blaster. And the really drat cute-looking Valentine's Day seasonal.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Good job 20/20 brother!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Picked up the Helicarrier tonight, into storage it goes!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Quoting my post in case it got lost in minifigure display chat:

Lizard Combatant posted:

Hey brainstrust, is the hose piece labeled "pneumatic 4mm diameter" on bricklink the flexible kind that a minifigure wrist joint can fit into? Need some piping for a ww2 train I'm working on.

Specifically, this
https://www.bricklink.com/catalogList.asp?catType=P&catString=530

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If you click along, you can find sets that use those parts and see if they work.

If it is the part I think you mean, then I don't think so. But I may be misunderstanding.

Are you asking if you took the hand out of a minifig arm, could you then stick the arm into the hose? Or do you mean the hand part?

E: Well, the 3mm one fits into a hand. So a 4 mm will be a little bigger.

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 3, 2017

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Yeah I mean the pin that goes into the arm, will it fit in the end if these hoses. I've seen a bunch of MOCs use the technique, it's definitely a soft hose.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't think I have a 4mm hose around. I do have a 3mm and it isn't something I considered. I'll see if I can find it and see.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol yeah that's why they are in a box right now. I currently have a bunch of sets boxed up because I want to display everything, but I don't have a lot of space and I also don't want to look like a crazy person.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't think I have a 4mm hose around. I do have a 3mm and it isn't something I considered. I'll see if I can find it and see.

Thanks. I know they won't for into the rigid 3mm hose, pretty sure it's the 3mm soft hose I need but that stuff is expensive and only comes in short lengths of brown. The 4mm stuff is cheap and can be bought to length, plus I think those T joint pieces will fit in them if the hands are too small.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

veni veni veni posted:

Lol yeah that's why they are in a box right now. I currently have a bunch of sets boxed up because I want to display everything, but I don't have a lot of space and I also don't want to look like a crazy person.
embrace the crazy

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Spent the holiday break cleaning up and redoing my display shelves. It was ridiculously cluttered. I put some stuff in storage and have room for a few more sets now.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
People are loving retarded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-W...~IAAOSw5cNYaAVE

It's going to be everywhere in less than a month for $3.99.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Still though, it's a cool set.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Changed up my displays again tonight after seeing this on another site and finding the backgrounds

Wife and I both agreed they look so much better now. Can't wait to finish the rest of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

People are loving retarded.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-W...~IAAOSw5cNYaAVE

It's going to be everywhere in less than a month for $3.99.

That's the worst investment I've seen since the guy who bought No Mans Sky a week early for $1300.

E: Oh hey the last one sold for almost $500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-R2-D2-Polybag-30611-New-Sealed-Rogue-One-Rare-/252706420489

Holy poo poo

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 4, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

That's the worst investment I've seen since the guy who bought No Mans Sky a week early for $1300.

E: Oh hey the last one sold for almost $500

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Star-Wars-R2-D2-Polybag-30611-New-Sealed-Rogue-One-Rare-/252706420489

Holy poo poo

:barf:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Who the gently caress is dumb enough to pay that without googleing it first?!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

tomapot posted:

Spent the holiday break cleaning up and redoing my display shelves. It was ridiculously cluttered. I put some stuff in storage and have room for a few more sets now.

Yellowing is real

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yellowing is real

If you mean the larger Falcon, I think that's one of the last sets that would have been made in the old, warmer grey tone. It's supposed to be that colour.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yellowing is -not- real?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Do you think that poly bag will be sold or a giveaway? I reckon giveaway which means I won't get one as I don't plan to buy what will probably be 50€ of lego star wars.
drat shame

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

With it not being the February give away I'd guess it's gonna be the Target Valentine's Day bag or something.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
My understanding is that white pieces go sort of tan-yellow, and other colours fade a bit. Also there was a big change in the grey paint they used around ten years ago; the greys before then look kinda greenish, and the more recent ones are kinda bluish. It's only really noticeable when they're side by side.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Also in the realm of greedy people, some guy's been hitting up a bunch of Lego stores in our area asking if any of the employees want to sell him their employee Christmas gift (that through-the-years trains thing). Last I heard, nobody's taken him up on his offer. Please don't be like this guy. It's weird and creepy.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

With it not being the February give away I'd guess it's gonna be the Target Valentine's Day bag or something.

Targets valentine day poly is the batman movie phantom zone. I grabbed one yesterday.

Got a two part question, for those that may have both, is the current Millennium Falcon 75105 the best version of it? Not including UCS though. Also is it going away soon? Targets and Walmarts around me have not had it in stock for a while. Most likely Christmas/post Christmas purchases, just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the boat on it.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
I think the midi-scale Falcon from five or six years ago is probably the best proportioned. The newest one is good, but the cockpit and the mandibles at the front feel really off.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The most recent system scale one is very similar to the previous one. It has a few design upgrades and is dressed to match the beat up look of the ship in Ep VII.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Anyone who watched the Channel 4 Lego documentary over Christmas - the spiky haired slightly camp manager has already quit, apparently.

He's upset how corporate are making people queue for ages outside when the store itself is pretty empty, purely to build hype/publicity.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The_Doctor posted:

Anyone who watched the Channel 4 Lego documentary over Christmas - the spiky haired slightly camp manager has already quit, apparently.

He's upset how corporate are making people queue for ages outside when the store itself is pretty empty, purely to build hype/publicity.

This is a legitimately terrible practice, but he was also a legitimately terrible manager so it's really 50/50.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

The_Doctor posted:

Care to elaborate for those of us who didn't see it and are very curious as to what's going on?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Neurion posted:

Care to elaborate for those of us who didn't see it and are very curious as to what's going on?

It was all about the opening of the new flagship Lego store in London. Huge shop, 2 stories, and with big lines outside.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yellowing is -not- real?

Yellowing is sort-of real, this is the #7190 circa 2000 Falcon, http://brickset.com/sets/7190-1. I bought it used and had to replace a few parts, getting the color match to the old grays with the combined ageing was a pain in the rear end. Figure I am close enough at this point and can't drive myself too nuts about it. The set is also missing Princess Leia but I can't pull the trigger on a $25 minifig. Bad enough this set has some weirdly expensive parts like $3 tan hinge bases and $15 ribbed hose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I have a few white bricks from the 80's that are so sun-damaged that they're tan bricks now. A couple of them even have "shadows" where another brick was sitting on top of it.

If you want to keep your lego for a lifetime, don't display it anywhere it will sit in sunlight.

All my old grey bricks are in good condition though. They only get that "dirty" look when mixed with new grey bricks (which you can actually exploit in builds to add some cool detail).