Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Shredder posted:

You'll probably need 2x the price of the ship or more to outfit it, plus don't forget to save up for some rebuys.

I'm looking at the ship builder to figure out the prices, this is what I have so far without any weapons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

In semi-related news, Frontier is suing Atari over unpaid royalties for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pesticide20 posted:

I'm looking at the ship builder to figure out the prices, this is what I have so far without any weapons

You can safely D-rate both your life support and sensors. If you aren't fitting shield cell banks then toss your shield into that size 5 slot and upgrade your scanner to advanced.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

DancingShade posted:

You can safely D-rate both your life support and sensors. If you aren't fitting shield cell banks then toss your shield into that size 5 slot and upgrade your scanner to advanced.

Going that route with the shield generator, what's the difference between biweave, prismatic, and standard shields? The different types are new to me

Chrysophylax
Dec 28, 2006
._.
Each type is a tradeoff between passive regeneration and total energy, with bi-weaves being the weakest with the fastest regen and prismatics the opposite.

On that note, use this version of coriolis which is more stat heavy, up to date and supports engineering mods. It is operating under beta statistics however, some figures are bound to be slightly off from live.

Chrysophylax fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 3, 2017

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Emnity posted:

So how does the 17 Draconis thing work with the bounties you accrue? How do you dock back up at the station to turn in?

Also is there only 1 faction massacre missions to pick up or will any do?

You should not be incurring any bounties at all while killing skimmers during a civil war in 17 Draconis. If you are, then you are most definitely doing something wrong.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
He's not doing anything wrong.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Zigmidge posted:

He's not doing anything wrong.

What the gently caress is he doing that's getting a bounty then? Because I've been doing this for 2 days straight and haven't gotten as much as a trespassing fine.

Turmoil
Jun 27, 2000

Forum Veteran

Young Urchin

Pharnakes posted:

How are you getting such good missions? I am now allied with the jets but it takes me maybe half an hour to get 20 missions most of which are 2-4 million with a handful up to 6. I've never seen any over 7. I'd say maybe 1/4 of the times I relog I get offered missions over 2m in payout, sometimes 2 or 3 from one session. The biggest bottleneck for me is the loading screen from the main menu to loading the station, will lowering settings reduce that at all?

It may be because my combat rank is at Dangerous. The missions I'm getting for large amounts are for Deadly and Elite ranked.

I made 140 million in that one run of missions last night.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Veotax posted:

In semi-related news, Frontier is suing Atari over unpaid royalties for Roller Coaster Tycoon 3.

Atari still isn't dead yet?

But this news doesn't surprise me, we're talking about "let's spy on Nintendo and try to extort them on game cartridge copy right issues"-Atari here.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Turmoil posted:

It may be because my combat rank is at Dangerous. The missions I'm getting for large amounts are for Deadly and Elite ranked.

I made 140 million in that one run of missions last night.

ahh, yeah that would probably be it. Still, not complaining I'm easily netting 70m an hour.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Astroniomix posted:

What the gently caress is he doing that's getting a bounty then? Because I've been doing this for 2 days straight and haven't gotten as much as a trespassing fine.

It sounds like they haven't actually started doing it yet, and just assumed you would get bounties for blowing up skimmers like you would in a non-civil-war state.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Libluini posted:

Atari still isn't dead yet?

But this news doesn't surprise me, we're talking about "let's spy on Nintendo and try to extort them on game cartridge copy right issues"-Atari here.

I think that's a different Atari. Atari has been brought and sold god knows how many times now. I think the current Atari is Infogrames, they brought the rights to the name and re-named themselves to Atari.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Veotax posted:

I think that's a different Atari. Atari has been brought and sold god knows how many times now. I think the current Atari is Infogrames, they brought the rights to the name and re-named themselves to Atari.

According to my installation directory, Infogrames were the guys publishing Master of Orion III. Man, even the new Atari has "quality" written all over it :shepface:

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Libluini posted:

That's not really bad either, since it's still beta. Technically, we haven't ever gotten military slots, so one less is still one more then we have.

I'd check the math on that, because when they were saying this, they were still talking about military slots replacing one of the regular slots, so that would be a netloss since you could only use one of the slots for "military" equipment.

The corvette, for instance, was originally going to get an extra size 5 military slot, then it was going to have the same number but one would be military and the other normal, then they were going to remove one slot and add two military slots so you would have had 1 normal and 2 mil, and now I have no idea what the actual plan is for the live server when the patch actually drops because (as is a theme I've been harping on) FDev constantly talks out of both sides of their mouth and hates clarity.

In other news: the DFS Senatorial Pork finally got >25ly range, so we are off to Jacques. I will have to beeline like a mofo, because I don't even have time to stop and scan: just stellar parkour all the way to Colonia.

White paint, purple lasers...

Neutron stars really do a number on the paint job, but...

Suck my jump range, nerds.

Seriously neutron stars are sicknasty fun.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Tell me you're taking at least 10 books with you :)

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Angrymog posted:

Tell me you're taking at least 10 books with you :)

At least 10, yup! :patriot:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I'd check the math on that, because when they were saying this, they were still talking about military slots replacing one of the regular slots, so that would be a netloss since you could only use one of the slots for "military" equipment.

The corvette, for instance, was originally going to get an extra size 5 military slot, then it was going to have the same number but one would be military and the other normal, then they were going to remove one slot and add two military slots so you would have had 1 normal and 2 mil, and now I have no idea what the actual plan is for the live server when the patch actually drops because (as is a theme I've been harping on) FDev constantly talks out of both sides of their mouth and hates clarity.

In other news: the DFS Senatorial Pork finally got >25ly range, so we are off to Jacques. I will have to beeline like a mofo, because I don't even have time to stop and scan: just stellar parkour all the way to Colonia.

White paint, purple lasers...

Neutron stars really do a number on the paint job, but...

Suck my jump range, nerds.

Seriously neutron stars are sicknasty fun.

I assume that's stripped down?

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

I want to do some Powerplay so I can buy some prismatic shields.

From what I can tell one way to get merits is to find a system an enemy power is trying to expand into, then go there, enter combat zones, and blow up ships, then turn in in a system controlled by my power.

How do I determine which systems to go hunting in? Do I need to find a system contested between my power and theirs in the galaxy map?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I assume that's stripped down?

Fully loaded. Power windows and locks, FM radio, full weapons compliments, 6D fighter bay, 4G srv, exploration package, 4 x PDC, two heat sinks, and a bunch of other garbage I forget.

Edit: more or less like this: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=90z0,...NcC6D232jw02UI0

I left the FSDI and Wake Scanner in the bubble, I'll just transfer them when I get to Jacques...

Toxic Fart Syndrome fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 4, 2017

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Fully loaded. Power windows and locks, FM radio, full weapons compliments, 6D fighter bay, 4G srv, exploration package, 4 x PDC, two heat sinks, and a bunch of other garbage I forget.

h-how :catstare:

mine tops out at 18ly

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

h-how :catstare:

mine tops out at 18ly

Lots and lots of mat grinding. My weapons combined weight is about the same as my shield booster. I got close to a max roll on the FSD, with a bit of extra fuel to push it. Lightweight mods on everything (utilities, weapons) and grinded secondary weight-savings mods for everything else.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
To add to that, lightweight military armor is seriously impressive. A month or two ago I put grade 1 on my FDL and that nudged my jump range to a bit over 16 LY and it only has a class 4 jump drive mod.
(got the parts for class 5s but I'm saving those rolls for another ship later)

Once I finish my mining grind for the current engineer - which I'm dragging out because I hate mining - I'm probably going to upgrade the hell out of a DBS and go back to basics.

Plek
Jul 30, 2009
I finally got to 17 Drac to give this run a try and it only ever spawns dangerous+ NPC ships at the base. Weeee.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Plek posted:

I finally got to 17 Drac to give this run a try and it only ever spawns dangerous+ NPC ships at the base. Weeee.

Focus on the skimmers, which appear when you get closer than 250m. Kill them quickly, then log out before the ship can kill you. Alternately, use a precision weapon and avoid hitting the base structures (the ones with red lights in the corners). AFAICT the guard ships don't care if you're only hitting the skimmers.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Astroniomix posted:

Whoa, cool your jets nerd. He's doing nothing wrong because it doesn't matter. You're going to throw yourself into the face of that planet and clear them.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Zigmidge posted:

Whoa, cool your jets nerd. He's doing nothing wrong because it doesn't matter. You're going to throw yourself into the face of that planet and clear them.

No he's definitely doing something wrong, you should not be getting a bounty at all.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I thought they were rolling a fix for it on Tuesday anyway is that not out?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Astroniomix posted:

No he's definitely doing something wrong, you should not be getting a bounty at all.

jesus christ

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Zigmidge posted:

jesus christ

:nallears:

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland

Astroniomix posted:

To prevent all the nerdgasms going on, I haven't actually done this yet but I saw a video feed of someone doing it and they were picking up numerous bounties, either from damaging the structures and also hitting the ship landed at the site. So it was a curiousity on how my fellow goons were overcoming that particular issue.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
So, what the hell

My game is crashing just as I pull onto a landing pad. Every single time. I tried 4 times (I thought it was disconnects before but it's a straight up freezing of the game, so it's a crash)

Is this a known issue? I'm running a file verification in Steam.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Emnity posted:

To prevent all the nerdgasms going on, I haven't actually done this yet but I saw a video feed of someone doing it and they were picking up numerous bounties, either from damaging the structures and also hitting the ship landed at the site. So it was a curiousity on how my fellow goons were overcoming that particular issue.

You only get bounties posted on you if the system isn't at war. Since everyone is milking Draconis the wars tend to end really quickly.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Rectus posted:

You only get bounties posted on you if the system isn't at war. Since everyone is milking Draconis the wars tend to end really quickly.

Don't the massacre missions only spawn during a war?

Alzion
Dec 31, 2006
Technically a '06
So having already ground out a billion credits at 17 Dracs I decided to try the mine launcher strategy for kicks.

:stare:... Why didn't I try this sooner. You only need 1 mine in the vague vicinity of the skimmers and it kills the entire base. No muss no fuss, they're all just dead.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Astroniomix posted:

It think they still spawn some, but far less of them.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Astroniomix posted:

There is a delay between war ending and when the mission board stops giving massacre missions. So there is a window of time to grab some last minute missions but you'll get a bounty when you kill the skimmers.

Shining Wit
Nov 27, 2000

Alzion posted:

:stare:... Why didn't I try this sooner. You only need 1 mine in the vague vicinity of the skimmers and it kills the entire base. No muss no fuss, they're all just dead.

Deffo. Park 100m up, drop mine, start quitting before it hits the ground, boom, quit.

Also, 17 Draconis is on lockdown now, out of civil war.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Shining Wit posted:

Deffo. Park 100m up, drop mine, start quitting before it hits the ground, boom, quit.

Also, 17 Draconis is on lockdown now, out of civil war.

Whew, I was feeling pressure to grind tonight, but now I can do fun things instead. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
One last round of missions should push me over three billion cash with another billion in assets, which is pretty loving ridiculous all things considered.

• Locked thread