Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I assume we're all hearing Cosmo's dialogue in a heavy caricatured Russian accent, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gaz-L posted:

I assume we're all hearing Cosmo's dialogue in a heavy caricatured Russian accent, right?

He's a good dog. :3:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Gaz-L posted:

Well, that's how he's voiced in the Guardians cartoon show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Who wins in a Bozhe Moi-off between Colossus, Black Widow and Cosmo?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

zoux posted:

Who wins in a Bozhe Moi-off between Colossus, Black Widow and Cosmo?

Cosmo, because despite the depth of their stereotypical accents neither Colossus nor Black Widow is a Good Dog.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

He's like the space-dog Batman to Dmitri-9's space-chimp Joker.

Well, that's a bit much. Dmitri may not map cleanly to any Batman villain. Does he fight any aged alcoholic science-mutant assassins?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Doc Hawkins posted:

He's like the space-dog Batman to Dmitri-9's space-chimp Joker.

Well, that's a bit much. Dmitri may not map cleanly to any Batman villain. Does he fight any aged alcoholic science-mutant assassins?

KGBeast seems like the closest match

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Lurdiak posted:

I like that whenever Hellboy has a team-up the other guy gets the impression he's a completely useless fuckup.

The one exception, of course, being Jack Knight.

Also, that Nova stuff is gold.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Justice League vs Suicide Squad has some surprisingly pretty good gags.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Roth posted:

Oh god, when even loving Batman is smirking, you know you done hosed up somewhere.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Captain America #17.

It's silly, but I chuckled.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Roth posted:

I kind of want to take the laughing Suicide Squad members and animate them so I can use them in a recut version in the title sequence to "Paranoia Agent."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

As opposed to Nova classic here, I loved everything about this exchange.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

It's two sentences. Immersion ruined.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's two sentences. Immersion ruined.

He only hates the part where Cyclops is still alive.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

ImpAtom posted:

He only hates the part where Cyclops is still alive.

Everyone should hate the part where Cyclops is alive.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Unstoppable Wasp #1

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The Unstoppable Wasp #1

I had been planning to trade or Unlimited wait on Wasp, but the comixology preview of her and Kamala at the Pakistani bakery broke my resolve.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Captain America #17.

It's silly, but I chuckled.

The fetid cherry on top of that particular turd sundae of an issue is Sam Wilson wanting to apologise to Steve Rogers in case he'd ever aggravated his white person feelings by talking too much about civil rights in his presence.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Fuego Fish posted:

The fetid cherry on top of that particular turd sundae of an issue is Sam Wilson wanting to apologise to Steve Rogers in case he'd ever aggravated his white person feelings by talking too much about civil rights in his presence.

...Because if there's anything Captain friggin' America has heard enough of, it's civil rights.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fuego Fish posted:

Wait. Seriously?

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

ImpAtom posted:

Wait. Seriously?

Slight bit of context: that "racist nutjob" is some sort of Tomi Lahren stand-in who was making the usual talking points of "deport them all" on the previous pages.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Fuego Fish posted:

Slight bit of context: that "racist nutjob" is some sort of Tomi Lahren stand-in who was making the usual talking points of "deport them all" on the previous pages.

"What? Dude I called you 'negro' for the first six months, we're cool."~Steve Rogers. Probably.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I don't know, that reads more like he's embarrassed by the gung ho super-speak than anything else.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I'd be embarrassed if my partner chanted "I'll show them what's what! (My name) style! TO ME MY BIRD!" in public like that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SilverSupernova posted:

I'd be embarrassed if my partner chanted "I'll show them what's what! (My name) style! TO ME MY BIRD!" in public like that.

Retro Futurist posted:

I don't know, that reads more like he's embarrassed by the gung ho super-speak than anything else.

Exactly my thoughts. If you look at that panel and get this out of it:

Fuego Fish posted:

You're either really misreading it or just desperately looking too deep for something to make a stink about.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I think it's possibly also a riff on TO ME, MY GALACTUS

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Probably closer to "To me, my X-men!"

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

X-O posted:

Exactly my thoughts. If you look at that panel and get this out of it:

You're either really misreading it or just desperately looking too deep for something to make a stink about.

In a vacuum I'd say it was about a dude saying "TO ME, MY BIRD". In the context of this being the same guy who wrote this:

I'd say it's a 50/50 whether it's about bird puns or Captain Falcon apologizing for not being 'one of the good ones'.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Cabbit posted:

I'd say it's a 50/50 whether it's about bird puns or Captain Falcon apologizing for not being 'one of the good ones'.

I dunno, I think if you're looking at panels that are clearly meant to be jokes and you even think for a second there's some kind of meaning like that behind it then the problem might just be you and not the writing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Didn't Silver Surfer used to say "To me, my board"? That's probably what they're referencing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

purple death ray posted:

Didn't Silver Surfer used to say "To me, my board"? That's probably what they're referencing.

"To me, my X" is basically a comic cliche at this point. Tons of people have said it. Most notably Professor X though.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I get the feeling that he's embarrassed about him saying stuff like "TO ME, MY BIRD!", but the overall context makes it look like he's embarrassed about not being one of the good ones.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

purple death ray posted:

He still does, that's why Dawn thinks the boards name is Toomee

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

X-O posted:

"To me, my X" is basically a comic cliche at this point. Tons of people have said it. Most notably Professor X though.

It was cooler when Cyclops said it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roth posted:

I get the feeling that he's embarrassed about him saying stuff like "TO ME, MY BIRD!", but the overall context makes it look like he's embarrassed about not being one of the good ones.

Yeah, without context this just comes across to me as "Oh, he's embarrassed that he's acting so goofy" but I don't have the rest of the issue for context.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Fuego Fish posted:

Ann Coulter stand-in, and I think Sam's more referring to New Falcon's impulsiveness than anything else.

Also, it's clearly not completely serious.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

This would not surprise me irl in the least.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The "trigger warning" and "you should be an ally" jokes, and those characters I really can't defend though. I get what he's going for, showing leftist ideology going too far, but it comes across as jokes about social justice I see people who think all social justice is just that make.

I also don't think that portraying the right negatively makes it any better, that might as well just be that dril tweet about there being zero difference between good and evil to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

This would not surprise me irl in the least.

I assume he's not really a crook, just Groot wants to find out why he failed the audition.