Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Bushiz posted:

This is the weirdest loving dystopia.

Anthroponuclear Interpretation bro

vvv I look forward to all coverage of Congress being disallowed, save for readings of the record after it's physically published 180 days later. vvv

Gynocentric Regime has issued a correction as of 21:22 on Jan 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

congresspersons and senators bringing in printed stuff for cspan cameras rules and I'll be pissed if Ryan kills it

furthermore bernie would have won

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Main Paineframe posted:

the cuomo plan only covers the difference between existing financial aid and total tuition

the biggest beneficiaries of his plan aren't poor students, who already get federal and state grants covering much of their tuition, but rather upper-middle-class students who don't get any aid and have to bear the full cost of tuition

lol if you think praise from Hillary makes anyone look good, especially now

literally no one is going to make "well, Hillary Clinton said Andrew Cuomo was a progressive just like Bernie" part of their decision process in 2020

Nobody cares except for y'all that Hillary tweeted something

Bernie actually being there, well that makes for good political ads

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
McConnell: Americans 'Will Not Tolerate' Dems Blocking SCOTUS Nom

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

logikv9 posted:

Nobody cares except for y'all that Hillary tweeted something

Bernie actually being there, well that makes for good political ads

Bernie actively campaigned for hillary and she still lost

I don't see how Cuomo is going to get any real benefit out of being photographed with Bernie, since everyone who gives a poo poo about the Bern is a true progressive who only supports people with impeccable progressive credentials and won't be swayed by a photo-op

perhaps the left should spend more time preparing candidates for 2020 and less time preparing excuses

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

Well this is rather humorous, I'll admit. And then I wonder if he's right.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
bernies pretty well regarded by most democrats iirc, its not like hes some underground sensation

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

I don't see how Cuomo is going to get any real benefit out of being photographed with Bernie, since everyone who gives a poo poo about the Bern is a true progressive who only supports people with impeccable progressive credentials and won't be swayed by a photo-op

perhaps the left should spend more time preparing candidates for 2020 and less time preparing excuses

To clarify a bit, Bernie campaigned mostly on his own for Hillary. They didn't really coordinate with him at all. I can't imagine they wanted to. Much like how Obama only went on the stump in November, because that's when she asked. What I'm saying is Hillary ran a bad campaign.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

It's amazing she didn't have Obama go everywhere and campaign in her stead.

turtle_07
Jun 13, 2003

Hear, hear!

Out of everything the past few weeks, this has made me the angriest.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Aurubin posted:

To clarify a bit, Bernie campaigned mostly on his own for Hillary. They didn't really coordinate with him at all. I can't imagine they wanted to. Much like how Obama only went on the stump in November, because that's when she asked. What I'm saying is Hillary ran a bad campaign.

Hillary actively hates people who dare to oppose her and when Bernie offered to campaign for her she went "sure, if you want, whatever" and never spoke to him again when she should have had him on stages with her holding each other's hand in the air

Hell, at the time of the Kaine pick my reaction was "I don't really care who the VP is" because I was in full-on don't-step-on-any-toes mode, but she probably should have at least asked Bernie if he wanted the spot and she did not

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Der Meister posted:

but that would have made obama look partisan—the worst thing on earth—even worse than having donald j trump become president

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Cuomo - Emmanuel ticket 2020

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Hillary would have won, if she ran Bernie as VP, unfortunately Bernie has committed the grievous sin of opposing her, forever exiling him from the sacred circle.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Lol what are they going to do, hand all three branches to Republicans?

Edit: like lol if they were obstructionist as gently caress and blocked every nominee for the next four years I'd cheer them on. I loving hate the idea of obstructing government in this way but the Republicans did it when they had no right, may as well continue the tradition.

Who am I kidding? They are spineless and will cave

Hail Mr. Satan! has issued a correction as of 22:28 on Jan 4, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

-quote from party that handed all three branches to the Republicans

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Did somebody say... Bernie Sanders!?

Who's doing a town hall on CNN!:psyboom:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/04/politics/bernie-sanders-cnn-town-hall/

I thought the election was over!
:ironicat:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Serf posted:

-quote from party that handed all three branches to the Republicans

:thejoke:

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Edit: like lol if they were obstructionist as gently caress and blocked every nominee for the next four years I'd cheer them on. I loving hate the idea of obstructing government in this way but the Republicans did it when they had no right, may as well continue the tradition.

Who am I kidding? They are spineless and will cave

"maybe THIS time they won't take our compromise and then turbofuck us anyway"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ThndrShk2k posted:

Did somebody say... Bernie Sanders!?

Who's doing a town hall on CNN!:psyboom:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/04/politics/bernie-sanders-cnn-town-hall/

I thought the election was over!
:ironicat:

Gotta show the centrists who is in charge now. Ram sanders down their throat 24/7

Chokeeed onnn ittttt

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Der Meister posted:

Hillary Clinton's two biggest failings: being the "status quo" candidate, and failing to have the president who has been the status quo for the past eight years come out to campaign for her

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Main Paineframe posted:

Hillary Clinton's two biggest failings: being the "status quo" candidate, and failing to have the president who has been the status quo for the past eight years come out to campaign for her
Yeah but more people liked him than her.

The same people who didn't vote this time around but did vote the previous two times.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Der Meister posted:

Der Meister posted:

It's amazing she didn't campaign in several rust belt states

Der Meister posted:

It's amazing she listened to an untested computer program over her people in the ground

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Main Paineframe posted:

actually I think you'll find that most people are morons

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd wager Trump is going to tweet something about the Podesta "Password" thing proving that the Dems being dumb as poo poo had more of an influence on the election results than anything Russia did and he will be right.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I'd wager Trump is going to tweet something about the Podesta "Password" thing proving that the Dems being dumb as poo poo had more of an influence on the election results than anything Russia did and he will be right.

God I hope he does.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

the computer thing probably makes me the most mad because what the gently caress was the point of assembling what was supposed to some big dream team of campaign experts?????

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

wait this was real

I thought it was a shitpost :psyduck:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

trump's Twitter password is "TRUMP!"

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

someone grew a brain on the democratic side that can focus on something other then yelling about russia

https://twitter.com/rubinations/status/816656281830309888

furthermore bernie would have won

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
Playbook for a Democratic Comeback

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/646260?unlock=Q8M2CSUSXNLYBHGC

quote:

The res­ults from the At­lanta sub­urbs of­fer Demo­crats a play­book for how to com­pete in the fu­ture—win over so­cially lib­er­al, fisc­ally con­ser­vat­ive voters who tra­di­tion­ally lined up with Re­pub­lic­ans. This would pair the di­verse Obama co­ali­tion with voters who have favored free mar­kets and a tough-minded for­eign policy. It would be a throw­back to the cent­rist policies of Bill Clin­ton, along with a full-throated em­brace of a di­ver­si­fy­ing Amer­ica. It would con­cede some of the white work­ing-class gains to Trump, while mak­ing an ag­gress­ive push to bring col­lege-edu­cated sub­urb­an­ites in­to the Demo­crat­ic fold.

Hmmmm that sounds familiar, I swear I've heard of that strategy before!

Luckily this guy is OK with arguing with Pepe avatars.

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/816767939064037376

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/816769753226366976

https://twitter.com/MaxxBot/status/816770010635010048

Curiously, that was the end of the exchange.

MaxxBot has issued a correction as of 23:28 on Jan 4, 2017

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Dem influencers need to be purged. Hard

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

MaxxBot posted:

Playbook for a Democratic Comeback

https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/646260?unlock=Q8M2CSUSXNLYBHGC

Hmmmm that sounds familiar, I swear I've heard of that strategy before!

Luckily this guy is OK with arguing with Pepe avatars.

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/816767939064037376

https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/816769753226366976

https://twitter.com/MaxxBot/status/816770010635010048

Curiously, that was the end of the exchange.

yes what a shocker, national journal thinks the democrats should be more conservative

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
wait

he thinks the upper middle class centrists were the defectors from hillary?????

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i have to be reading that wrong

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Nonsense posted:

Dem influencers need to be purged. Hard

HOTLINE JOSH is a republican pundit

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Al! posted:

wait

he thinks the upper middle class centrists were the defectors from hillary?????

Some people are still stuck in a Carter presidency mindset. The middle class is our natural base! We can abandon labor and still win! The strategy didn't work then either.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/derekthewolf/status/815195531794186240

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
without looking im gonna guess this guy is a big time deficit hawk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

HOTLINE JOSH is a republican pundit

seriously I don't know why he keeps being used as the BAD DEM example, he's a very very very very very slightly left leaning republican

• Locked thread