Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cartoonists like Branco are so dim that they think just quasi-repeating a Democratic quote FOX bitched about constitutes a sick burn. If you want to keep your you didn't build that, you can 57 states your arugula.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've been living in a happy healthy spider-free household my entire life and I assure you I am not constantly being invaded by thick clouds of mosquitoes or horseflies

and even the time I lived in a horrible apartment building and got cockroaches, oddly enough, the super's response was "ok let me set you some poison traps" rather than "here's your new roommate, twenty huntsman spiders" because we live in a golden age of wonder where pesticides exist

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Agreed with the "gently caress spiders" take. I don't care if they're vaguely useful, God/natural selection is a dick for making them at the same time serial-killer-clown levels of sinister.

"Ahh, see you just need to tighten the bolts on this. Here, let me get you the blood-and-pus/microwaved-doll-head-covered wrench that was brought into mutilated creation by a band of Satanists. It's useful."

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

This spider derail is stupid, and you are an enormous pussy if you are afraid of them (assuming you live in the continental USA... or Boston).

First off, I don't get the joke.

Second, that doesn't look anything like a real ski lift.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Squashy Nipples posted:

First off, I don't get the joke.

Second, that doesn't look anything like a real ski lift.

The guy on the right is Merrick Garland, who's going back down having never even gotten a chance to do what he went up to do.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haveblue posted:

The guy on the right is Merrick Garland, who's going back down having never even gotten a chance to do what he went up to do.

ah, ok, that helps. I didn't recognize him at all.

Still, terrible metaphor, as Obama is ALSO riding the lift down. It doesn't matter if you have your skis on or not, if you are riding down then you didn't ski.
I guess I was a little confused because in real life they don't let you wear skis or a board to ride down (in fact, usually only lift operators ride them down).

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

loquacius posted:

I've been living in a happy healthy spider-free household my entire life

hmmm bad news

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Spiders are good and they are my friends. I once saw one jump on a thin mosquito-like creature and was like hell yeah, a fellow traveler in insect killing. I nestled it gently in my hands and put it under my bed just on the off-chance my sweet insect-eating buddy could grab one of these loving rear end in a top hat bedbugs I had at the time. I don't know if it actually worked but I have not seen bedbugs in months. Coincidence??? No. Spiders are perfect home companions.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
God, who the hell gets scared of spiders go see a shrink or something.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

How you idiots see a distinction between insects and spiders apart from one of them being an abomination that Should Not Be I will never understand

"this gross bug ate this other gross bug, so now it is my valued friend and I will let it sleep in my bed with me"

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Starshark posted:

God, who the hell gets scared of spiders go see a shrink or something.

it's literally the most common phobia in existance

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

loquacius posted:

How you idiots see a distinction between insects and spiders apart from one of them being an abomination that Should Not Be I will never understand

"this gross bug ate this other gross bug, so now it is my valued friend and I will let it sleep in my bed with me"

One bites me and drinks my blood from my veins, which is where my blood lives. This isn't hard.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I released a box of spiders in my house to get rid of the flys. Then I had to release a whole bunch of rats to get rid of the spiders.

Long story short, my house is now full of feral wolves (had to get rid of the snake eating wildcats somehow) and I'm afraid to enter it. Should have stuck with the flys.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost
I sleep with spiders in my mouth on a bed made of political cartoons, which until just now I thought was commonplace itt. Looks like you folks have some adjustments to make.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

World Famous W posted:

I released a box of spiders in my house to get rid of the flys. Then I had to release a whole bunch of rats to get rid of the spiders.

Long story short, my house is now full of feral wolves (had to get rid of the snake eating wildcats somehow) and I'm afraid to enter it. Should have stuck with the flys.

Googled "What eats wolves?" for a solution but apparently they're the apex predator in whichever environment they inhabit. Bears might at least scare them off, though.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

"What eats wolves?"
Wolf spiders.

Bill Leak:

I don't think this Leak from late December on the same topic was posted in the 2016 thread:

(That's "bushies" as in people from the bush, not supporters of either George Bush.)

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bro they went under in 2008. I can take you to Best Buy or something, or the Radio Shack that still inexplicably operates

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
The West is empty as gently caress and Palestine deserves to be a country. A Just Cartoon.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Eight years of an Obama presidency and the worst scandal cartoonists stick to him is "he plays golf".

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Trapezium Dave posted:

Eight years of an Obama presidency and the worst scandal cartoonists stick to him is "he plays golf".

Hey, some of the real diehards still harp on the fact that he used to smoke too!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Trapezium Dave posted:

also he goes on vacation to a vineyard what a loving pompous rear end (who vacationed less than most presidents in recent history also "now watch this drive" -GWB)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Begemot posted:

Hey, some of the real diehards still harp on the fact that he used to smoke too!

I dunno, I think that makes him cooler

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

One bites me and drinks my blood from my veins, which is where my blood lives. This isn't hard.

you can kill that kind of bug with your hand pretty easily by hitting it, that isn't hard either. You don't need to infest your home with the other one or be eternally bitten. This isn't an either-or scenario. :geno:

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

loquacius posted:

you can kill that kind of bug with your hand pretty easily by hitting it, that isn't hard either. You don't need to infest your home with the other one or be eternally bitten. This isn't an either-or scenario. :geno:

What if the spider is a welcomed guest? Is it still an infestation?

This is a dumb derail.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
Loquacius squashes spiders, tolerates mice, hates Mondays, and sends kittens to Abu Dhabi. Coincidence??

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey loquacis I know you hate spiders but how about house centipedes???

Helpful and harmless! :)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

oh god these fuckers, it's like, hey let's take a spider, give it five times as many legs, and make it super fast so you can't kill it, thanks a lot earth

They at least don't make webs, so that's one less element from Every Nightmare I've Had Since Age 3 they've got going for them than spiders do, but still I can't even enjoy shoveling lasagna into my mouth with both hands or eating someone else's steak dinner in one bite when I think about them

it's enough to make me kick the dog right off the table

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

Nap Ghost
But mostly he spends a lot of time in bed, frustrating johns.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

loquacius posted:

I've been living in a happy healthy spider-free household my entire life and I assure you I am not constantly being invaded by thick clouds of mosquitoes or horseflies

Thick clouds of mosquitoes are an actual hazard here in Florida.

loquacius posted:

Maybe I'm weird but I think spiders are pretty. Cockroaches look like RedPanels' ideas if they took physical form.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Begemot posted:

I'll have you know the biggest tragedy is that he once wore a tan suit. Never quite recovered from that one.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Internet Kraken posted:

Unlike most North American spiders, the house centipede can give a painful sting.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011
I'm glad I live in a place where I don't have to decide which type of vermin I would prefer to allow in my home.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Spiders rool, pest insects drool, QED.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Googled "What eats wolves?" for a solution but apparently they're the apex predator in whichever environment they inhabit. Bears might at least scare them off, though.

Rednecks. Release a bunch of gun-toting rednecks.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Thick clouds of mosquitoes are an actual hazard here in Florida.

luckily the modern age of wonders also includes things like "screen windows"

Necroskowitz posted:

I'm glad I live in a place where I don't have to decide which type of vermin I would prefer to allow in my home.

:same:

who needs that kind of stress when you already have to deal with things like your owner always hitting on the veterinarian

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Arglebargle III posted:

Unlike most North American spiders, the house centipede can give a painful sting.

Yeah but they are massive cowards so the odds of getting bite by one are super low.

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Maybe I'm weird but I think spiders are pretty.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Easily her worst gif, timing-wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I've been told house centipedes can be bad for larger pets like cats and do-OH GOD I'M BEING SUCKED IN

I know that Conservative cartoonists like to draw Obama as being stuck up, but when did that start exactly? Half of these fuckers just draw him with his eyes closed all the drat time.

• Locked thread