Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm glad this knee jerk reaction was defused rather quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I dunno I'm still not convinced that this popular visual novel isn't nazi propaganda

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

lets hang out posted:

I dunno I'm still not convinced that this popular visual novel isn't nazi propaganda

Anime too

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Higurashi Chapter 3 spoilers/thoughts/questions (sorry for the huge wall of black):

First off, a question: what the hell is Tatarigoroshi? The other chapters have defined their titles but if this one did I missed it.

This is the first time in the entire series I think I've genuinely rooted for Keiichi - he still makes a bunch of dumb mistakes but far, far less than Chapter 2. I guess he was pretty cautious in Chapter 1 as well - after all, he finds the needle, sets up a deadman's drop for his parents, and manages to kill !Rena and !Mion and escape his house before finally getting subdued. But man, Chapter 2 Keiichi is dumb as a loving rock.

There's definitely some kind of (major spoilers) time-shifting shenanigans going on - once someone is "cursed" they seem to fall out of step with normal time. That's why in Chapter 2, Shion and Takano (or was it Tomitake? I forget) hear the banging in the storehouse - I'm convinced that's the echo of the police battering ram breaking down the door of the Sonozaki stronghold. It also explains how Mion, Shion, Takano, and now Teppei Houjou have all shown up alive after they've been killed, and probably explains something about the footsteps, too.

I know from the spoiler that I've complained about quite a bit that (MAJOR spoiler? idk) Rika, at least, knows about the time loops...and from the way she continually asks for beer, I think she might have been in one for a while. Rena and Mion probably do too - it explains a lot of their weird cryptic behavior that leads to !Mion and !Rena. In the other chapters, the town's loop resets after Keiichi dies, but in this one the timeline keeps going until at least 2003. Maybe I'm reading too much into that, since the 2003 part isn't actually in Hinamizawa and it doesn't seem quite like it's the real world anyway. Obviously the cycles are related, somehow, and it seems like a part of the curse might involve a past-cycle "you" showing up to take your place - it can't be an accident that !Keiichi does the Watanagashi exactly like Chapter 2. It's said that he didn't break into the storehouse, which is different, but there's gotta be some significance there. On that note, I think Keiichi himself is an amnesiac Satoshi, just due to the idea that he starts acting exactly like him in TWO cycles now - and it kind of fits with the cryptic stuff Rena says in Chapter 1 and Mion and Satoko say in this chapter. "But how can he be Satoshi? He has parents!" Yeah, his "parents" are definitely, 110% heavily involved with whatever the hell is going on in Hinamizawa. Between always being gone at the perfect time, the fact that the syringe and all references to it were removed from the deadman's drop in Ch1, and the part about his mom explicitly giving him advice on how to murder, I don't think that leaves any room for doubt there - and that means that they can't be trusted at all. I don't think they're his parents.

Keiichi definitely killed Teppei. Only people seem to be affected by the time "curse" so objects like the bat and the motorbike were gone for this "cycle" after the Watanagashi. But seriously, we shouldn't be surprised that it "doesn't take", since of everyone that we've seen die so far in the series the only ones that HAVEN'T shown up later are Tomitake, Rena, Satoko and Rika. Mion, Shion and Takano all had times of death before major taking actions in Chapter 2. On the other hand, we never actually see Teppei again after Watanagashi, but who knows. It seems very odd that he's not there when Keiichi rescues Satoko from the bath, but I can't recall if anyone else's time-ghost lasted longer than a day, either. There might be some significance to the TIPS "Intent of Malice" which is where Satoko gets the scalding bath punishment - it doesn't actually mention her uncle, and ends with the "someone is apologizing, over and over" that seems crazy significant for curse victims. Hell, the very first scene of Chapter 1 has Keiichi getting annoyed with someone he can't see apologizing over and over and over on a light rail back to Hinamizawa.

Rika is apparently Oyashiro-sama? I can't tell if this is a red herring, but considering the major spoilers above I'd guess that it's not, and that we also don't have any idea what this actually means yet. From that same TIPS entry, it really seems like the true nature of Oyashiro-sama isn't nearly as locked-down and well-understood as the village makes it seem. The other possible red-herring I thought was when Irie mentions the superstition that everyone has two people that look exactly like them. That could resolve some of the time-weirdness I was proposing above, but honestly I much prefer the idea of some kind of Weird Supernatural Sciencey Thing to the idea that everyone has goddamn triplets that go around switching places with each other just to make things difficult.

I have no idea whatsoever what was up with Keiichi's mental Death Note powers after the Watanagashi.

Guesses as to who killed whom:
Teppei's girlfriend - Mion
Teppei - Keiichi (this is literally the only one I have any semblance of a motive for)
Tomitake - Takano
Rika - Mion
Takano, Irie, Ooishi, Hinamizawa, Keiichi - ???? Keiichi? Oyashiro-sama?

Hinamizawa is hosed up.

e: VVVV That's very fitting, then.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 5, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Tatarigoroshi is "curse killing"

Appreciate you posting your thoughts :)

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Out of all the reveals in Higurashi I like the explanation of the apologizing best.

Tatarigoroshi is fun because it has the highest concentration of red herrings

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The entire post-watanagashi portion of the ch.3 is one of the most memorable parts of higurashi for me. It just felt like the world was ending.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

With how slow all the other stories started and how much I got sick of it, Chapter 4's intro is a bit refreshing.

Random question - there's a lot of places in the games where there's big text with some subtext under it, and the subtext is usually kind of mangled with spaces in the wrong spot, etc. that make it goddamn impossible to read in the short time the stuff is on screen. An example would be the list of Hinamizawa casualties from the disaster in Ch 3 - you'd see things like:

Mion Sonozaki
Thi stex ti sreall yhar dt orea dwhil
eit sscrollin gb yquickl y.

Uh....I know it's a weird question and from what I know of VN engines the answer is probably "hell no" but is there any patch to fix that? Is there any key information in those blurbs I should be trying to glean?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maybe try the PS3 patch? Might fix it. I can't remember if that looked off with the patch applied but at least the original original MangaGamer release years ago was fine...I think.

There is arguably some information to glean from the casualty lists if you read between the lines and compare them against the same ones from previous chapters so it might be worth seeing if it can get resolved.

E: I think those are just stylish gibberish from other languages. Putting in a few phrases says it might be Filipino?

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Jan 7, 2017

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Finished up all of Steins;Gate. Is 0 a worthy successor?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

It's not quite as good but yeah

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

0 is a strange game that is worth playing IMO.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is world end economica 3 going to end up being The Big Short because its starting to seem that way

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Finished up all of Steins;Gate. Is 0 a worthy successor?
What did you think of the ending? S;G IMO has one of the best, if not the best, VN endings I've seen. Which is a major reason why I had major reservations about 0 since why even go there after that ending? I have some words to say about 0 but I'm going to hold off until I'm finished (I'm in the final route).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

What did you think of the ending? S;G IMO has one of the best, if not the best, VN endings I've seen. Which is a major reason why I had major reservations about 0 since why even go there after that ending? I have some words to say about 0 but I'm going to hold off until I'm finished (I'm in the final route).

I feel complicated about the true end. I'm glad Okabe stopped both the SERN dystopia and World War 3, but there isn't much of any loss for him, so I like pretty much every other ending more. You know, the ones where he's forced to accept some pretty major losses in his life. Except the former two things kind of completely sour all of the rest of them, doesn't it?

At the very least, I could see some wiggle room for a sequel game to exist and not annoy me.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Don't you think Okabe has suffered enough? The guy absolutely went through the ringer. Anything other than the true end would've felt almost nihilistic IMO.

But if you want more Okabe suffering, then 0 is the game for you.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

He also has to live with knowing that he basically stole some happiness from his friends just to bring Mayuri and later Kurisu back, after being the one to tempt them with it to begin with. Luka still being a guy and Faris' father staying dead are the two big things here, I think.

The movie also plays up the idea that Okabe never quite got over watching people get killed so many times and has some form of PTSD as a result, but that's the movie.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 7, 2017

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

On top of all that the bit about how "everyone has Reading Steiner" (or whatever it was called) means that he has at best avoided drawing attention to himself.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
And on cue I finished Steins;Gate 0. Going in I had apprehensions because S;G is such a perfectly contained story with an amazing ending so the premise of 0 felt unnecessary, while playing I felt I was coming around on it a bit and was enjoying it quite a bit, and by the end I was back to thinking the whole thing was not really needed.

The main positive it has going for it is that it's still the same basic cast of characters and seeing them interact and further develop is very nice. I loved Faris being a much more active person in terms of getting involved with the "serious" plot elements. Some of the new characters are kind of boring but they're not really bad either. So all in all if you liked that group you'll probably enjoy 0 if only to see them again. Also Mayuri has several nice hats.

However the story is just not as tight as the original, and while the original still had plenty of handwaving or things you had to take at face value for why they happened or why the characters would do XYZ, such elements often make even less sense in 0. Part of the problem is simply agency; in S;G the characters have the ability to directly control the world line changes, while they are mostly passive participants in 0. This has the effect of just having them all go with the flow and therefore there's hardly any of the "make right what went wrong" that was to be found in the original. There's of course an undercurrent of "I know how this is going to end, so it's up to you to keep this interesting until we get there" and perhaps more often than not it's honestly not that engaging on the way to that end.

A lot of plot twists upon reflection don't really make sense, either. Why was it necessary to have Kagari in one world line physically look like Yuki? It's weird because Okabe only suspects Yuki in world lines where Kagari doesn't look like her (the ones where they attacked the lab to kidnap her). I suppose it's meant to be a thing where you learn something in one route and that's supposed to color your expectations in the other and thus make it a twist? Either way it's not handled well and feels completely unnecessary. Cutting it out would change virtually nothing.

They also didn't do much of anything in the end with Amadeus Kurisu. One route implied that she could remember things across other world lines, so my assumption is that the finale would somehow involve Okabe leaping with Amadeus' help but that never happened. The random other people also having Reading Steiner was sort of unceremoniously dropped as well. The game in general just seemed to have a lot of trouble following through on certain plot threads. Finally, the final final chapter itself is also a bit of a wet fart of "well I guess we might as well end it right now."

If Steins;Gate was a A+ I would give 0 a solid B. Now, time to finish Fata Morgana.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 9, 2017

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

After VLR and ZTD, I knew exactly what was coming in the "What's in the box?" TIPS from Higurashi ch 4, but it was still a little unnerving.

I really like the protagonist of chapter 4 but by god, he's not very smart either, is he.

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
I'm finally playing through ZTD, and after dicking around for a while I really have to ask for (spoiler-free) tips on how to move the story along because I'm completely stuck. Here's what I've done and what seems to be open to me:

-In D's paths, there's only one opening: after using the Transporter, there's a code prompt to open a locked door.

-In Q's paths, there are two openings: one is the part where you're asked "who killed Mira?," (I have an idea what it was, but I can't figure out how to say it and I'm done going through that cutscene over and over) the other is a curious fourth choice in the "who do you want to kill" situation.

-In C's paths, I've done everything up to the point where Carlos sends Gab to give Q-Team a note saying "check the family portrait," but I can't figure out where Q-Team is supposed to get that note.

-The three Force Quit boxes are open. Maybe I should know the answer to Diana's but drat if I've been keeping track, and if it's anything like VLR, the answer should have been told with obvious "REMEMBER THIS DUMBASS IT"S GOING TO BE NEEDED" context.

I'm fairly sure that's everything that's open to me right now. I've seen every single bad ending I can access, none of them had any information.

Here's a picture of my flowchart (everything above is fully cleared):

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

this gets everyone but you don't know who killed mira. You literally choose that

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Wow, god drat it.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

also make sure you've seen the execution scene for all 3 teams, it matters

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

also make sure you've seen the execution scene for all 3 teams, it matters

This had me blocked for a while - press the button with every team in the shower.

But to really win, skip the true ending and save yourself the despair.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Big wall of black here about Higurashi Chapter 4. Most of this is pretty wild but major stuff and incorporates the spoiler I saw earlier, but at this point the VN itself has finally made it pretty obvious:

First off, again, what's Himatsubushi? Google said "wasting/killing time", but that seems kinda cynical. And wow, what a short chapter.

Rika's time loop has been going on for a loooooong time, and possibly goes back all the way to her birth? I thought it started with the curse, but she clearly has been through the loop already, probably several times (due to her not knowing the exact date of her death, compared to all the others). Her mom hates her because she's aloof and bored, having seen this all play out over and over again, and waiting for the small changes that make life interesting for her like rainy days. She also apparently doesn't much like the idea of choice - it's clearly her in the "Whats in the Box" TIPS, which indicates with it's choice-fuckery that she knows the past/other versions of events, just like the reader. I would think every novel was her story, just different ways the loops play out, ending when she dies, but I don't recall her dying in Onikakushi at all (correct me if I'm wrong there) and Chapter 2 seemed to go on for days after she was killed. I don't know why we're told that Rika's mom is an abusive jerk - I thought it was maybe just to elaborate on the incarnation of Oyashiro-sama thing, but there were THREE whole TIPS about it. Maybe to just kill any reader sympathy that she gets offed in a few years? It's weird that she only has a few lines regardless.

Chapter 3 seems like the final loop, since Chapter 4 takes place both before and after it and everything seems to have happened as it did in that arc with the exception of Ooishi being alive.

Mion is way more hosed up and less trustworthy than I thought possible, which is kind of impressive. I kinda liked Granny Oryou during our sneak peek at the council meeting.

Akasaka's idea of the gas being caused by a faraway pressure changing device on an interconnected swamp is absurd, except we already know the Sonozakis have a network of secret compound tunnels through the mountain, and I'm pretty sure Keiichi described at least one of them as looking rather clean/sciencey. In fact, this presumption is almost enough to make me question the true aim of the Onigafuchi Defense Alliance - it might not be so concerned with cancelling the dam project as much as preventing some secret from being found/destroyed.

It was really annoying in the Mothers Diary TIPS how they kept trying to avoid identifying the child as female, despite it being incredibly obvious who they're talking about....and then confirming it within the very next TIPS from the same chapter. Who are you trying to fool?

Those bastards absolutely killed Yukie and it actually dropped me out of the story a bit when Akasaka kept talking about how he accepted it as an accident. Jesus Christ, dude, you've seen what the Defense Alliance can do firsthand.

Despite the focus on the foreman's murder in Chapter 1, it seems like the kidnapping should have more of an emphasis to the overall plot? I mean I haven't seen much narratively to support that other than the fact that we got an entire (short) novel about it.

This chapter raises weird questions about who knew what and when. Rika, obviously, knows everything about the curse events until her death. The village elders know Rika is Oyashiro-sama, which means Mion almost certainly does as well, but she likely doesn't believe it until after 78 or 79, either when the kidnapping incident is over or when the foreman is dismembered. Something happens during that time (and I don't think it's just the dam being canceled, although that's a factor and what Hinamizawa tells the outside world) that makes them revere Oyashiro-sama and revive the festival from a group of bozos drinking on a porch into the grandiose affair we see in the first chapters. Since Mion knows, Rena probably knows by the time Keiichi moves there, because Rena seems like Mion's second-in-command to form the Queens of Creepy. Rika obviously knows, but I don't know whether Satoko does. I don't know how much any of them know about what being the reincarnation actually means, but it's obvious that nobody underestimates her (Mion kills her at the first whiff of suspicion in Chapter 2, although to be fair Rika was trying to kill her at the time so that's pretty much fair play).

Wild guess timeline of all murders with absurd guesses as to motives:

???? - The curse begins in earnest
1978 - Inugai is kidnapped, possibly by Shion. While this starts the wheels in motion that kill the dam project, more importantly due to the incident "bribery and scandals were brought to light", per Tomitake in a couple other chapters.
1979 - The foreman is killed and dismembered, supposedly by the man who disappears that year, but probably ordered by Mion/the S-Group
???? - The villagers gain a healthy respect for the curse, reviving the Watanagashi festivities - possibly pushed by the S-Group to give them a superstitious cover for their more violent activities
1980-81 - hell if I can remember the order. Satoko's parents, then the Furudes?
???? - Rena gets sent back to Hinamizawa after busting up some people at her new school with a bat and talking about Oyashiro-sama. This is important to remember - she's creepy and violent even before the summer of '83 starts, just like Mion.
1982 - Satoko's aunt gets offed by Satoshi. I don't think the S-Group planned for this, I think it was Satoshi reaching the same conclusion Keiichi had about taking matters into his own hands and wearing the mantle of Oyashiro-sama. Satoshi gets forcibly disappeared by Rena at Mion's behest - I think that's why in Onikakushi she gets so obsessed with Keiichi when he starts inadvertently emulating him. It also might explain why she thought the curse had chosen her in '83? The important question here could be who the sacrifices were MEANT to be.
1983 - this one obviously gets weird as gently caress. Shion, Tomitake and Takano break into the shrine's storage and are cursed. Takano kills Tomitake for some reason - after confirming what she sees in the shrine, she doesn't want any witnesses, and gets rid of him. Shion is untouchable as a member of the S-Group but also doesn't want to be cursed so Takano thinks her secret is safe with her - except I am not convinced that was Shion at all. Judging by the end of Chapter 2, Mion is responsible for the sacrifices to Oyashiro-sama and seems to occasionally have an audience of town elders there, presumably Kimiyoshi. It's very possible Mion switched places with Shion the night of the festival to get close to her victims - so Mion kills Takano.
During the festival, if Keiichi doesn't go to the storage warehouse he's doomed by asking too many questions about the curse, which Mion and Rena obviously want to cover up. If he goes to the storehouse, he's killed for not telling the truth to Mion and thus betraying the village, after he hurt her feelings with a bunch of dolls or some absurd crap like that. If he skips the festival altogether, the entire world apparently goes ~~loving crazy~~ and the village all dies within the week. Mion kills Irie, I don't think Ooishi actually died (he couldn't have, if Chapter 4 and Chapter 3 are on the same timeline), and I'm going to say in this timeline Kimiyoshi kills Rika because gently caress if I have the slightest idea at all. If the gas disaster was human-caused (regardless of whether it was actually gas at all), the question is whether the person who killed Rika also hit the button, or if hitting the button was in retaliation...and I'm leaning pretty heavily toward the latter, which means Satoko probably did it if only because Rika was her best friend and the timeline works.

I think the biggest mysteries I haven't touched on above all deal with Keiichi and his parents, who are seriously just the most insanely suspicious people on the planet.

Edit: Also gently caress the author for the slap in the face at the end about the book and, "Please solve this, reader". YOU BASTARD, STOP TAUNTING ME.

Rockman Reserve fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jan 10, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The name is right. IIRC writing the next chapter took longer than anticipated so this one was knocked out in a hurry to give people something to think about while they waited. I think in ch.3's review sesh they spoke a little about what the next chapter would be, but what they were discussing actually ended up being ch.5.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
In Higurashi Ch. 1, it can be inferred that Rika is killed at some point of time later, though you are correct in that it is not explicitly stated in the text.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Humble Bundle has a pretty great bundle featuring the fantastic cyberpunk bartending sim/visual novel "VA-11 Hall-A" https://www.humblebundle.com/overwhelmingly-positive-bundle

The other games range from mediocre to great. VA-11 Hall-A alone seems worth $10. I actually worry a little for the devs, it seems like it was an ill advised move to put it in this bundle. The thing just came out a few months ago, and they'll likely get a super low cut per sale. It was still doing really good on Steam according to SteamSpy. I don't know why they did this, but oh well, their loss is our gain? Maybe I'll also finally play Day of the Tentacle.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

getting in a humble bundle is like the opposite of a worrying thing for any dev

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Humble Bundle has a pretty great bundle featuring the fantastic cyberpunk bartending sim/visual novel "VA-11 Hall-A" https://www.humblebundle.com/overwhelmingly-positive-bundle

The other games range from mediocre to great. VA-11 Hall-A alone seems worth $10. I actually worry a little for the devs, it seems like it was an ill advised move to put it in this bundle. The thing just came out a few months ago, and they'll likely get a super low cut per sale. It was still doing really good on Steam according to SteamSpy. I don't know why they did this, but oh well, their loss is our gain? Maybe I'll also finally play Day of the Tentacle.

It came out last summer. It's a fun game, I recommend it highly.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

The past couple of days, I got into trying Steins;Gate for the first time. Not knowing what the story really was going, I've overall enjoyed what I have seen. I got pretty nervous when I got my first ending (Suzuha's) and thought that was the for-real actual ending with nothing else left. Thankfully I was wrong and there's a lot more left to go through it seems.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The past couple of days, I got into trying Steins;Gate for the first time. Not knowing what the story really was going, I've overall enjoyed what I have seen. I got pretty nervous when I got my first ending (Suzuha's) and thought that was the for-real actual ending with nothing else left. Thankfully I was wrong and there's a lot more left to go through it seems.

you're going to want to look up how to get the true ending at some point since its not especially obvious

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

The thing that confused me the most about Steins;Gate are phone triggers not being selectable sometimes, but as it turns out some of them have a very short window for you to reply and you may have to learn when some of them come, and turn off autoskip in advance.

Just FYI.

Asperity
Jun 7, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I got pretty nervous when I got my first ending (Suzuha's) and thought that was the for-real actual ending with nothing else left.

Oh hell, I sobbed my eyes out for that one. I'm not sure what I would have done if that were all that were there.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Sea Sponge Run posted:

The thing that confused me the most about Steins;Gate are phone triggers not being selectable sometimes, but as it turns out some of them have a very short window for you to reply and you may have to learn when some of them come, and turn off autoskip in advance.

Just FYI.

I think the game pauses on each of the subsequent ones except for the first ending. I looked very specifically when my wife played it to see if I missed an obvious cue to do the thing but I didn't, it just goes right past it on your first try (no icon or anything) so I think people would have to generally be pretty astute to not get the first ending. I would be surprised if 90%+ people don't get that ending first.

Fru Fru
Sep 14, 2007
We're gonna need a bigger boat...and some water.

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think the game pauses on each of the subsequent ones except for the first ending. I looked very specifically when my wife played it to see if I missed an obvious cue to do the thing but I didn't, it just goes right past it on your first try (no icon or anything) so I think people would have to generally be pretty astute to not get the first ending. I would be surprised if 90%+ people don't get that ending first.

The first ending I got was for Faris but it's been so long that I don't remember how it happened.

I finished SG0 a few days ago and I didn't really like it as much. The stories were ok, but I think someone else here said that they had no idea why certain things were happening on certain worldlines and that's exactly how I felt. I also don't know why answering certain calls changed the worldline. Also the true ending was...not much of an ending? I assume it's a setup for another sequel (which I would obviously still play) but I just thought it was weird.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think the game pauses on each of the subsequent ones except for the first ending. I looked very specifically when my wife played it to see if I missed an obvious cue to do the thing but I didn't, it just goes right past it on your first try (no icon or anything) so I think people would have to generally be pretty astute to not get the first ending.

Your "click to continue to the next line" cursor changes when you have the option to do something with your phone (call/send a message).

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Tamba posted:

Your "click to continue to the next line" cursor changes when you have the option to do something with your phone (call/send a message).

Yeah but does it on the very first ending trigger? I'm fairly sure it at least doesn't pause like the other ones do when you are skipping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yeah but does it on the very first ending trigger? I'm fairly sure it at least doesn't pause like the other ones do when you are skipping

We're talking about the point where it splits off to Suzuha's ending, right?

It has that icon and it dropped me out of skip mode. Maybe it's a bug in the english and/or Vita version? (Saves for the PC version don't work across languages, so I can't easily check).