Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Cat Mattress posted:

Nope. MWE, MWSE, MGE, MGEXE, FPSOpt, and MCP are all things that do not and will never work with OpenMW.

The hope is that OpenMW makes it easier to make mods that fundamentally change the game, but when we reach that blessed day, they will have to be rewritten in whole or in part.

e: quote for new page

Mister Adequate posted:

So what's the current status of the big Telvanni mods? I remember last time I was playing MW there were some rumblings about updates and/or new versions but in the absence of the old kind of centralized sites it's hard to be sure if what I'm coming across is up to date or what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Cubey posted:

we all have our weapons we love despite their shittiness, we can still admit they are lovely tho

like spears, which are fuckin cool as hell but also kinda bad compared to most other weapons. but i still love them anyway.

for that matter i also love chitin armor just for its appearance. sucks poo poo through a straw but idgaf.

Trollbone Eye for the Chitin Guy

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Mister Adequate posted:

So what's the current status of the big Telvanni mods? I remember last time I was playing MW there were some rumblings about updates and/or new versions but in the absence of the old kind of centralized sites it's hard to be sure if what I'm coming across is up to date or what.

I think the current hotness is

Uvirith's Legacy 3.5 by our own Stuporstar
Building Up Uvirith's Legacy (a modification of Building Up Uvirith's Grave meant to be compatible with UL)
Rise of House Telvanni 1.52 plus UL compatibility patch.

Do let me know if there's anything else because I love my Telvanni mods.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I always thought it was kinda weird that there are so many House Telvanni mods and nothing at all for the other great houses. I mean Telvanni are the bestand all, but still. I'd kinda be down with a Redoran mod just because I really like their architecture, even though IMO they are the weakest great house quest line.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cubey posted:

I always thought it was kinda weird that there are so many House Telvanni mods and nothing at all for the other great houses. I mean Telvanni are the bestand all, but still. I'd kinda be down with a Redoran mod just because I really like their architecture, even though IMO they are the weakest great house quest line.

If anything you would think the dearth of content in the Redoran line would inspire people to make their own terrible fanfiction mods.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Where are my terrible fanfiction Hlaalu mods, aka The Fantastical Adventures of Cassius Curio

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

Where are my terrible fanfiction Hlaalu mods, aka The Fantastical Adventures of Cassius Curio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmeCru4n0yg

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
There was one mod that made some fairly major additions to the Redoran quests, I think it might have been part of Less Generic NPCs? Nothing to the length of the Telvanni ones though.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

There was one mod that made some fairly major additions to the Redoran quests, I think it might have been part of Less Generic NPCs? Nothing to the length of the Telvanni ones though.

LGNPC Pax Redoran

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I like Hlaalu; Rethan is my favorite vanilla mansion.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Is it Bal Isra Rising?

oh I read you're question wrong.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 2, 2017

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Cantorsdust posted:

LGNPC Pax Redoran

Yeah that's the one I'm thinking of.

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

Cubey posted:

I think Grandmaster of House Hlaalu is the only thing that comes close to the level of any of the Telvanni mods. That at least has a long quest line and comprehensive expansions to Rethan Manor. Redoran has Bal Isra Rising and a few other minor building addition mods, but as far as quest support I guess you have Pax Redoran. Not sure if that one has the same problems as some of the others in the LGNPC series.

Ultimately I think it comes down to the fact that the thought of mad wizard lords and their elaborate mystical towers inspires stronghold ideas more readily than "collaborationist mafia" or "hidebound desert bug-samurai."

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Necroskowitz posted:

"hidebound desert bug-samurai."

why is this not a mod for total war shogun 2

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I've always given some thought to attempting a new Uvirith's Grave build-up-your-town mod, with a different spin, and even started on it a few times. Like you start building an egg mine and strike ebony and all of a sudden poo poo's on as what most people thought was a pointless bit of ash in the middle of nowhere becomes a direct threat to the Hlaalu and Imperial ebony trade and a gigantic source of interest for the rest of the Telvanni council who want to start benefiting from its wonderful, wonderful cash.

Politics clashing and you having multiple ways to take it- go with the Empire, make House Telvanni strong, or say 'gently caress it' and go into business strictly for yourself.

It's always developed out of some dissatisfaction with Building Up Uvirith's Grave, where it's just 'build buildings, and oh, you have to join these factions if you want to build the buildings, and if you don't the space just sits there, unused.'

But my vision for it is a bit much for one person, especially given that I don't have much time for making mods and want to play Morrowind.

Hmm... this might be a good project to have on the backburner, though- work on it when I feel like it, step back when I don't.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Someone asked in the other thread and I thought I'd echo it here because I also want to know:

Is there a house mod that has some museum of artifacts collectathon function?

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Not sure if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I made a Museum House mod a while back. The house is in Balmora (near the temple). You can select each of the racks/pedestals and change sizes, then drop whatever items from your inventory on them manually. It doesn't have any quests, just places to put stuff.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't think there's any way of getting around the fact that hlaalu are just kind of ... poo poo? They even killed them off for TESV.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Private Speech posted:

I haven't played Morrowind in years now, but IMO people should try Morrowind Enhanced w/ combat and blocking enhanced (get ACE subtitles too). It lets you do combos that chop off limbs and disarm people and apply stuns and do area attacks and whatnot else, and it really helps to balance out using long/slow blows and different kinds of blows (the combos are weapon-type dependent and gradually unlock with skill level). Makes combat much more interesting.

e: As a word of warning MWE does cause a little bit of instability IIRC, and there's an issue with very long-term savegames getting bloated (can be fixed with a tool). It does do some things that MWSE alone can't, so I always end up using it anyway when I replay the game.

I have always hated mods like this. Every game these days needs to have 100000 cinematic killmoves, dismemberment, all this stuff. I'm not particularly a fan of that and don't really want it wedged into every game. Morrowind has a fairly grim setting while not going to 11 on the ultraviolence and I like that. It doesn't need the ability to chop off people's arms.

Like, there's a time and a place. Doom was my first game and I'm all for exploding corpses and whatever in a context where that's the attitude the game is selling, but when every drat generic fantasy RPG has you like ripping spines out of elves and beating them with their leg bones it's just too much.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

So you wouldn't want to rip the spine out of Fargoth?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Upmarket Mango posted:

So you wouldn't want to rip the spine out of Fargoth?

Nah, I'd rather cast Command Humanoid and Water Walking on him and then lead him out into the middle of the ocean.

This game provides a lot of room for creativity and chopping folks up into pieces is the least creative thing possible.

My friend has a save file where he's killed every NPC and placed their shoes where their bodies were so when the bodies despawn the shoes are still there. There's piles and piles of boots where respawning guards are.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I like Combat Enhanced, some of the moves are a little OTT but it's mostly simple stuff like disarming and causing bleeding damage

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?

Cantorsdust posted:

I think the current hotness is

Uvirith's Legacy 3.5 by our own Stuporstar
Building Up Uvirith's Legacy (a modification of Building Up Uvirith's Grave meant to be compatible with UL)
Rise of House Telvanni 1.52 plus UL compatibility patch.

Do let me know if there's anything else because I love my Telvanni mods.

There's a new version of LGNPC Tel Uvirith as well, which I trust is much better since I helped point out the worst aspects of the old version to Cyran0 while he was overhauling it. He took out a lot of stupid poo poo. I also recommended my own best beta tester, who's not only thorough but has the best ideas, and he helped Cyran0 bring the update to completion. So even though I haven't had time to play it yet, I'm comfortable recommending it again.

Sky Shadowing posted:

I've always given some thought to attempting a new Uvirith's Grave build-up-your-town mod, with a different spin, and even started on it a few times. Like you start building an egg mine and strike ebony and all of a sudden poo poo's on as what most people thought was a pointless bit of ash in the middle of nowhere becomes a direct threat to the Hlaalu and Imperial ebony trade and a gigantic source of interest for the rest of the Telvanni council who want to start benefiting from its wonderful, wonderful cash.

Politics clashing and you having multiple ways to take it- go with the Empire, make House Telvanni strong, or say 'gently caress it' and go into business strictly for yourself.

It's always developed out of some dissatisfaction with Building Up Uvirith's Grave, where it's just 'build buildings, and oh, you have to join these factions if you want to build the buildings, and if you don't the space just sits there, unused.'

But my vision for it is a bit much for one person, especially given that I don't have much time for making mods and want to play Morrowind.

Hmm... this might be a good project to have on the backburner, though- work on it when I feel like it, step back when I don't.

I actually started one because I don't like BuUL for exactly the same reasons. I don't have time to work on it while overhauling UL, so I never announced the project. The beta tester I mentioned is also helping me build it, but hasn't touched it in a while. All the big exterior elements are done (we still need lots of house pods and some walkways need adjusting). I've also done some of the interiors/NPCs for the docks. If you ever want in on the project, hit me up. I've designed it from the ground up to be built as smaller modules so multiple people can handle it. I'm still working on the resource esm (data only, so updates to it don't screw anything up) as I clean up IDs in Uvirith's Legacy, but once that's done it will be easy to hand over interiors or quests to other modders.

We pretty much designed it to be a proper quest mod with a ton of new buildings/NPCs that spring up due to your actions, and have little to do with your faction status. It starts with your retainers asking for better protection due to high daedra and vampire activity in the area, so you build a wall and hire some guards to man the guard towers. Some egg miners also come to you asking to develop the egg mine in your territory. Both end up attracting Ashlander caravans, and from there a town starts to grow around you. How fast is determined by an economy modifier, affected by things like like what you decide to sponsor and how much you decide to skim off the top of the taxes.

So the Ashlander caravans form a little tent city outside the wall, and we wanted to write some quests involving rivalries between Ashlander tribes and the presence of a Mabrigash who decided to come in from the wilderness and settle there. The egg miners build a small dock warehouse on the coast, and once you build a lighthouse to help them get around the rocks to other Telvanni towns, a small fishing village springs up there. You can sponsor an inn as trade increases, and an open market springs up around a general store. All sorts of shops get built as the town grows. And the town hall/barracks/jail end up growing into a monstrosity that beaurocrats (well, at least one) get lost in forever. The nearby dwemer ruins can be turned into research centers, eventually leading to building a massive weather control station and experimental agricultural complex. The Temple will show up regardless as the town grows, but you can choose to sponsor them to turn it into more than a hovel where people only pay lip service, as well as a connected gardens and healing hot-springs/bath house (will increase economy and attract more people to the Noble Quarter). And last of all you'll be able to build a sky port, rather than a siltstrider—it's currently filled with Spelljammer-style ships because they're the most Telvanni-like I could find, but some kind of giant flying insect would work as well. Once that's in place, you can buy your own private sky ship, which you can fly manually anywhere you like.

The Imperial quarter is actually a seperate town/fort on the hill closest to the coast, which springs up once you sponsor development of that abandoned glass mine near the passage to the Grazelands. They're designed to be a thorn in your side, which you can handle diplomatically or not—the only thing affected by your faction status with them. The Imperial guilds, including the EEC, show up along with them regardless, unless you destroy the Mages Guild in RoHT, in which case their building becomes a clock tower instead. RoHT will affect more than the Mages Guild, come to think of it—we still have to work the rest out. With Uvirith's Legacy 4 loaded the Zenarbael Deep Tunnels (formerly Shushan) can be turned into an ebony mine, which you can try to hide under the Imperial's noses, or cede control of it to the EEC (each having their own pros/cons that we haven't figured out yet).

We'll also have quests involving smuggling and slavery, which you can either support or crack down on. You can choose to rush the beggars out of town or help them into Temple housing. You'll be able to pass laws in the town hall that will either increase or reduce the amount of people in your jail cells or the money you take in from fines. And so on. It's going to be massive, and also designed to interact with all the major Tel Uvirith mods. It's why I'm working on a base resource esm for UL, this mod, and all their add-ons.

And last of all we'll have a few optional add-ons, including one called Bloody Stupid Builds, where we'll quarantine all our most ridiculous ideas. I've got a ton of planning docs, which I'm not ready yet to post openly, but I can send you links in a PM.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Thank you for all the input on Telvanni mods! I'd love to see some Redoran ones as well because hidebound desert bug-samurai and they are Entirely My Guys, but Pax Redoran is pretty good at least. That's just the way the modding scene shook out I guess.

Stuporstar your ideas there sound like the poo poo and I'm real eager to see what you do with it :allears:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Stuporstar posted:

And last of all we'll have a few optional add-ons, including one called Bloody Stupid Builds, where we'll quarantine all our most ridiculous ideas. I've got a ton of planning docs, which I'm not ready yet to post openly, but I can send you links in a PM.

On one hand, I'm disappointed that your mod will come out and do whatever paltry idea I have 10x better. On the other, you're one of the gold standards of Morrowind modders, let alone Telvanni modders, so gently caress yes, make it!

No need to PM me, I'm fine to wait. No need to spoil the surprise.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Addamere posted:

why is this not a mod for total war shogun 2

'Cause it's a mod for Medieval 2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-total-war

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my god its full of guars

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
The Elder Scrolls: Total War mod absolutely owns and I'd 100% recommend it: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-elder-scrolls-total-war

It's got the Nerevarine plot and the Oblivion Crisis. Last time I played it I actually hosed up my game because Martin dropped the ball on the Oblivion crisis, so while I was busy conquering all of the houses of Morrowind for the glory of house Redoran the whole of Tamriel actually got conquered by Daedra :(

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
What sort of lovely Dunmer isn't happy about that state of affairs?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Redoran (the loser nerd house)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Dagon is a bad daedra. The good daedra are about sex, murder, conspiracy, deceit, and vanity. Dagon's focus on rampant mass destruction just lacks style and distinction. Dagon is an undignified daedra, more in-tune with brute Orcish sensibilities than with the refined, civilized Dunmer way of life.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cat Mattress posted:

The good daedra are about sex, murder, conspiracy, deceit, and vanity.
And whatever the gently caress Azura is about. "Being a petty rear end in a top hat"?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spite seems like a pretty dunmer trait to me.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

RBA Starblade posted:

Spite seems like a pretty dunmer trait to me.

Also exactly why any Dunmer worth their salt would be happy with the Daedric invasion of Tamriel whether it was a good or bad Daedra.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

And whatever the gently caress Azura is about. "Being a petty rear end in a top hat"?

I think it's overwhelming beauty which blinds you to distinctions.

As I've understood it, the Daedra mirror aspects of human existence and experience which are prior to civilization, or maybe even to culture. Azura isn't a "goddess of nature" because she likes trees and rides a moose or anything, but she's the incarnation (or source) of the quality of the world which sometimes arrests or hypnotizes us, when we look out into a garden, or watch a sunset (she is associated with dawn and dusk).

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

now that i am playing a lot of morrowind again, i take back what i said earlier about spears. they are still real cool, but also they are straight-up the best weapon. they take a little more effort to use, but i am killing enemies from far enough away that they never even hit me. i'm level 25 still rockin' chitin armor with no plan to upgrade because i only really get hit if i am not giving a gently caress about what i'm fighting. anything that poses a real threat i can just kite them out of range of me.

spears fuckin own.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Especially with levitation.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cubey posted:

now that i am playing a lot of morrowind again, i take back what i said earlier about spears. they are still real cool, but also they are straight-up the best weapon. they take a little more effort to use, but i am killing enemies from far enough away that they never even hit me. i'm level 25 still rockin' chitin armor with no plan to upgrade because i only really get hit if i am not giving a gently caress about what i'm fighting. anything that poses a real threat i can just kite them out of range of me.

spears fuckin own.
serious: i totally want to play morrowind again so i can play with spears. the overlooked master weapon.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

I'm trying to install MGSO and when I get to the MGSO Options part after I hit apply it says "I'm done bro" and when I hit OK it just does nothing, anyone have a fix?
Edit: Never mind, I left it for a few minutes and it moved on.

Too Poetic fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 7, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

"I encountered this bug during my burst from level 620 to 1019."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

he's playing on the xbox version in tyyol 2017 :stonk:

e: wait isn't nick smith ulililia's real name? that'd explain everything about that video including why he is on xbox.