Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Yeah we get a decent amount of premium currency, and the returns from them if spent on hero tickets is pretty low but there is still plenty of opportunity to whale. Every maintenance adds a fresh set of packs you can buy for awakened raid items or similar, and if you whale hard on rubies you get plenty of topaz as well (which you don't get from farming level 30s) to turn into special heroes.

If only normal heroes can get to 46 that is good imo

I play PAD a lot less than i play this game and i have a stronger team there, relatively speaking, than i do in 7k.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

Yeah we get a decent amount of premium currency, and the returns from them if spent on hero tickets is pretty low but there is still plenty of opportunity to whale. Every maintenance adds a fresh set of packs you can buy for awakened raid items or similar, and if you whale hard on rubies you get plenty of topaz as well (which you don't get from farming level 30s) to turn into special heroes.

If only normal heroes can get to 46 that is good imo

I play PAD a lot less than i play this game and i have a stronger team there, relatively speaking, than i do in 7k.

Initially Reg hero to 46 and then Specials to 46.

Basically on average on F2P will get 2-4 special units a month from Login/Event/RNG. Biggest spike in terms of power comes from 30->32 which is manageable for 99% of F2P players so it's not bad imo. Topaz are mostly a luxury thing and not really a big power spike (I'm sitting on 900 while doing 3x chess puzzles every month.

Only real P2W stuff is from OP collabs and the Super Dragon Weapon stuff we just had a week or so back. People literally spent 10k+ rubies trying to get 1+ more speed than normal on a weapon (29 vs 28). But generally when you reach the peak of end game things become super inefficient and honestly +1 speed isnt that big of a deal cause you can just run alternative characters with more speed (which people do in KR arenas).

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Alright well there it is.

quote:

Now, Awakened Hero can be Powered-up from +6 to +10.
- Awakened Hero should be Lv.40 and +5 Powered-up to proceed Awakening Power-up.
- 6★ rank heroes can only be used as a material.
- The different Power-up rate will be applied depending on the material.
- There will be no Power-up failures, but awakening shards and gold will be consumed per each Power-up attempt.

6★ Hero 100%
6★ Rice Cake 100%
6★ Power-up Crystal 50%

Awakening Shards x 2 + 30,000 Gold
(Per each power-up attempt)

Also everyone got a 6* Teo for free. No, seriously.

The CR Normal chests have been improved a fair bit (4-6* heroes now is pretty signficant), but the Hard mode ones have a chance of dropping accessories as well as a seperate roll for a chance at a 7K it seems, so we should definitely switch to Hard ASAP. Hard also gives 20 7K Points instead of 15 from Normal.

Also good news, the previous Awakening dungeons are still around! They're just limited to 5 entries per day. Good news because you need them to power them up!

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jan 5, 2017

Sonictic
Sep 11, 2003

marquise bossyfangs mcsekret
Hello friends I have applied to the guild as Adatre so please accept me post haste that I might rush some castles.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
They also changed the guild buff from the inn to be selectable, but it looks like the leader has to choose it first before the rest of us can benefit.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Double Chloe chest. Have A-Rank right now, just got 2k rubies back from refund. To spend the 3k rubies to get to S-Rank double chest ... wish there was some kind of useful pull going on right now. Might be worth it, but both of them will probably be LuBus or something :regd09:

The jump from +5 to +10 stat-wise looks like it's worth about ~3 levels (so 1.5 transcendences worth), so not gigantic, but still that's another 150 defense and 800 HP for Evan.

E: Skill queue is broken again :regd09:

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 5, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Power-Up Crystals are broken. Mine are only offering 1% of a rank..

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
According to redit this is only a visual bug, and they give the normal 100% when used.

Would it be possible for you to make some people officers now that we need them to give out the guild buff before anyone else can get it each day?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Yes, sure! I need officer volunteers. How do I set a buff? I've tried tapping it a bunch but now I'm all out of ideas.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Something you did worked, The buff is up now.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

Yes, sure! I need officer volunteers. How do I set a buff? I've tried tapping it a bunch but now I'm all out of ideas.

I can do officer stuff. Ingame name "Kallenavn"
I play daily and am in EU timezone, for increased timezone coverage. (i am assuming most of you are americans?)

Pretty interesting, albeit random, that we all got a 6* Teo. Will that devalue him from the arena meta? I don't really know how metagame selection works but it is a bit based on using strong heroes that most players do not have/use isn't it?
He looks like an interesting character to use for farming. How does he compare to Klahan and Hellenia? (and which one of K and H are best for farming?)

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 5, 2017

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
I don't know about farming, but as a new player I'm trying things out for the first time. I fought the dragon on the lowest difficulty level with a team of 32s and 30s. 2nd run though he had about 250k to start and Hellenia solo'd the last 32k by herself and probably could have done 30k more.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Awakened Klahan is currently the strongest farm unit in the game, he can solo 7-9 and do it quickly, with no deaths. Helenia just happens to work for a few levels because she has a taunt and a 5 target ae, but she is very slow for farming. Her awakened form is likely up soonish, and could be very strong though.

As for Teo and his place in the arena meta, his strength is against tank units, which are popular and we have been getting a lot of lstely, but his weakness is agains dispelled units which we have also been getting a lot of and are even more popular than tank units. He will likely be seen slightly more in arena just because everyone just got a free copy, but he isn't going to be meta changing.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I thought Teo already was meta, and was more wondering if everyone getting him for free would see him removed from the meta. Certainly before Pascal and Sera all the top dogs had Rin and Teo on their teams?

I have been really neglecting farming rubies, as i mentioned last page. Today i noticed that i can do 1-10 on normal difficulty with Velika, on full auto and get 4 fodders to 30 in 8 runs. It takes 7 runs but there is always 1 or 2 fodders that gets killed when they are low level which requires 1 more run to cap them out. I realize it is not as optimal as the standard 2-10 7 runs method, nor is it optimal gold per key either, but at least i DO it.

Until now i have done Easy 1-1 twice, then Easy x-10 (with x being whichever worlds i need bosses for for my current puzzle) 2-3 times, then Normal x-10 until all heroes are 30. This has required a lot of babysitting and i only did it whenever i had a hero i wanted to level up to rank up and i would bring 3 fodders along for the ride.
Today alone i have ground out 150 rubies so far. Should be able to afford the last mastery right before i hit the daily ruby cap which will hopefully make Klahan Hard much more manageable. (i also noticed that i can fully automate Klahan normal but that will require 1200 keys to get enough shards.) (It says it drops 1-2 shards but my experience shows that you get 2 shards no more than once every 5 runs)

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

I thought Teo already was meta, and was more wondering if everyone getting him for free would see him removed from the meta. Certainly before Pascal and Sera all the top dogs had Rin and Teo on their teams?

I have been really neglecting farming rubies, as i mentioned last page. Today i noticed that i can do 1-10 on normal difficulty with Velika, on full auto and get 4 fodders to 30 in 8 runs. It takes 7 runs but there is always 1 or 2 fodders that gets killed when they are low level which requires 1 more run to cap them out. I realize it is not as optimal as the standard 2-10 7 runs method, nor is it optimal gold per key either, but at least i DO it.

Until now i have done Easy 1-1 twice, then Easy x-10 (with x being whichever worlds i need bosses for for my current puzzle) 2-3 times, then Normal x-10 until all heroes are 30. This has required a lot of babysitting and i only did it whenever i had a hero i wanted to level up to rank up and i would bring 3 fodders along for the ride.
Today alone i have ground out 150 rubies so far. Should be able to afford the last mastery right before i hit the daily ruby cap which will hopefully make Klahan Hard much more manageable. (i also noticed that i can fully automate Klahan normal but that will require 1200 keys to get enough shards.) (It says it drops 1-2 shards but my experience shows that you get 2 shards no more than once every 5 runs)

Teos is semi-unstable in the meta cause of Khalan. Khalan seems pretty much designed to kill Teo and Rins so after everyone gets a free 32 Khalan he might just bump Teo out, Rin is most likely staying since she's the only realistic way for a speed team to kill a tank team. But people might decide a Teo is just better than a Khalan, no one knows yet!

Ruby farming wise, the "best" would probably be Khalan in 7-9 or 2-10 with 4 fodder but this will run you out of fodder. 3 fodder farming 2-10 will keep you going forever in terms of fodder variety/quantity. Strict auto-farm wise 7-9 is the easiest cause stuff there won't cast offensive spells and you will rarely have fodder die.

Now that we know awaken dungeons aren't time limited (beyond infinite entry) there is zero reason for people to grind out awakening dungeons till they get burned out imo. Just wait till you can do Hard without it being agony and just do it then.

In other news got 800 rubies back and a free Teo. I had completely forgotten about guild buffs until today :v: so that uh free +15% dmg is nice.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor
A question about Synthesis of items. Why is armor not accepted for any of the synthesis catagories? What should I do with all my 6* block armor?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Aenslaed posted:

A question about Synthesis of items. Why is armor not accepted for any of the synthesis catagories? What should I do with all my 6* block armor?

Only certain Tiers of gear are counted for each synthesis type. Tiers are things like: 7 Knight, 4 Lord, Raid, Radiant Dragon, etc.
So for example to make a 4L Tier item you need 7K tier items specifically, others won't work. You can use weapons or armor no matter what you are making though. Raid gear can't be used to synth at all.

Use your trash gear to power up your good gear. Then you can Awaken it, and power it up again. This goes especially for HP gear since the jump there is huge, 1050 -> 1950, or 990 -> 1800, etc, plus the Defense bonus is significant on top of that.

Pulled in a cool 5.8m on WB Easy, that's in the top 10 at the moment :eyepop:
Too bad there's no bonuses for scoring well in Easy mode, Normal score was only something like 370k.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I need to send my phone in for repairs and am going through my apps and getting personal data backed up. I cannot backup the phone but need to do a full manual install of everything.
This made me realise that i don't actually remember my login information to this game. I was not expecting to stick with the game at all when i registered so i just put some "random" stuff in. It would have been a real email address if that is what we used to register, but i don't remember which and none of my email addresses have received any emails from Netmarble or anything. I registered inside the app.
Do i log in with an email address or with my ingame nickname? Or some other ID? I am logged in through EveryNetmarble, not Facebook.
How can i retrieve my login info? Can that long rear end "user code" in the Info tab under settings be used for something?
Is there a webpage i can access with my browser where i can log in with the same info used to log in to the game, so i can keep trying email addresses and passwords? Or even recover my password?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

What's the best formation? I know it was defensive a while back, but has the meta changed any?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

The man called M posted:

What's the best formation? I know it was defensive a while back, but has the meta changed any?

They're all useful for different stuff. Defensive is the best DPS formation for most PvE modes like CR/WB/Raid.

I think Offensive is used for 4 fodder farming sometimes? Since your front line guy is more likely to take hits than your backliners, but if you are farming 7-9 it doesn't really matter so using Defensive lets you hit the damage numbers easier.

All four of them can be used for PvP depending on what team comp you are running with, and you want them formations maxed out anyway because of Rin.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Ineptitude posted:

I need to send my phone in for repairs and am going through my apps and getting personal data backed up. I cannot backup the phone but need to do a full manual install of everything.
This made me realise that i don't actually remember my login information to this game. I was not expecting to stick with the game at all when i registered so i just put some "random" stuff in. It would have been a real email address if that is what we used to register, but i don't remember which and none of my email addresses have received any emails from Netmarble or anything. I registered inside the app.
Do i log in with an email address or with my ingame nickname? Or some other ID? I am logged in through EveryNetmarble, not Facebook.
How can i retrieve my login info? Can that long rear end "user code" in the Info tab under settings be used for something?
Is there a webpage i can access with my browser where i can log in with the same info used to log in to the game, so i can keep trying email addresses and passwords? Or even recover my password?

If you haven't linked it to FB or Google see if you can now. Once you've done that you can login from those sources on the new phone.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Oh hey nice, I just realized if you BFFed someone and they quit playing, you can delete them and resend the gift to someone else. I'm only like 150 friendship points away from a freebie 7K now.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Dear daily quests complete,

you're all right in my books

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

drat, nice. Don't forget to bump us up to Hard CR! It's time to Get Serious (and get more free stuff).

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I got a 6* +HP Rachel's Hat today from the S Rank Chest. Just gotta decide who wants it the most.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

drat, nice. Don't forget to bump us up to Hard CR! It's time to Get Serious (and get more free stuff).

I tried earlier, actually. We have to clear them on normal at S again before I can bump them up. So, yesterday's is hard, but the rest are gonna be normal for a week

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Senerio posted:

I got a 6* +HP Rachel's Hat today from the S Rank Chest. Just gotta decide who wants it the most.

Dunno where your teams are, but probably a good idea to keep in mind that the 7K tier of HP armor isn't really worth awakening since the HP dropoff is pretty bad. So it works best as filler for your guys who aren't quite as critical, I tend to throw mine onto Raid/CR supports or very situational heroes. My Karon/Lina/Velika still all have the 7K HP Armor they've had for months since they really don't need anything better, even against Lv99 dragons.

Also worth a check, remember you can synth 3x 7K items into a 4L item, if you happen to have a bunch of junk ones sitting around.

On the other hand, this next floor of CT looks like it needs both a healer and someone serious with Stun resistance so I'm tempted to throw some real armor on Karon finally...

Clawtopsy posted:

I tried earlier, actually. We have to clear them on normal at S again before I can bump them up. So, yesterday's is hard, but the rest are gonna be normal for a week

Ah gotcha, I was suspicious they might do something like that.

Yeah that's the ticket

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 6, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

For Kallenavn if uguu's reply in chat wasn't clear:

- Buffs/Debuffs with a turn duration will continue to stick around even if the person who provided them dies (regardless of from a Passive or Active skill)
- Buffs/Debuffs with no turn duration will disappear immediately as soon as the person who provided them dies.

(the in-game chat system in this game is so bad)

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Dunno where your teams are, but probably a good idea to keep in mind that the 7K tier of HP armor isn't really worth awakening since the HP dropoff is pretty bad. So it works best as filler for your guys who aren't quite as critical, I tend to throw mine onto Raid/CR supports or very situational heroes. My Karon/Lina/Velika still all have the 7K HP Armor they've had for months since they really don't need anything better, even against Lv99 dragons.

Also worth a check, remember you can synth 3x 7K items into a 4L item, if you happen to have a bunch of junk ones sitting around.

On the other hand, this next floor of CT looks like it needs both a healer and someone serious with Stun resistance so I'm tempted to throw some real armor on Karon finally...

Ah gotcha, I was suspicious they might do something like that.

Yeah that's the ticket

drat nice work, I think I got 8k on that Raid. I'm wondering if its lack of Rachael but I get wrecked on ID.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Rachel is just such solid pick because of everything she brings to the table ... but on ID getting counters can actually be pretty detrimental to your score.

Have you tried a setup something like, Shane/Feng | May, Ace, BJ, Asura ? It should be pretty comparable in terms of survival if you open up with Bratatat, that'll give you 50% reduced damage received + 40% less damage + 40% less physical. I think with just the Ace+BJ buffs alone that should put you at about the same damage output as Rachel+Karma+BJ. I'm working towards a setup like this for myself, but I need to finish gearing up FY, Ace, and May first.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

SlovenKnights! Please don't forget to check in. The guild icon no longer tells you you need to do it, but the past few days we've only reached the 20 key reward tier.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
How should I be gearing/gemming my shiny new A. Evan?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

SlovenKnights is full. Any other Goon Guilds?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Wassbix posted:

If you haven't linked it to FB or Google see if you can now. Once you've done that you can login from those sources on the new phone.

I suppose that is an option. I don't really want to link games to my facebook though, not link my real name to the game. Will people/friends in 7K be able to see my facebook info if i link it to the game? Can i unlink it again after i get my phone back up?

I did find a webpage for everynetmarble, which it says i am connected to in the game. They have a login page there but no amount of emails or passwords i type in lets me log in. Could someone else see if they can log in to everynetmarble with the login info they use for the game?

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

The man called M posted:

Since silence usually means "no", I went and made a Guild called SevenWhales.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

The man called M posted:

Think we have a few inactives to get replaced but I'm not sure

Ineptitude posted:

I suppose that is an option. I don't really want to link games to my facebook though, not link my real name to the game. Will people/friends in 7K be able to see my facebook info if i link it to the game? Can i unlink it again after i get my phone back up?

I did find a webpage for everynetmarble, which it says i am connected to in the game. They have a login page there but no amount of emails or passwords i type in lets me log in. Could someone else see if they can log in to everynetmarble with the login info they use for the game?

I connected it by my google play and I haven't noticed anything intrusive no. Had no issues switching devices either.

On another note, Awk Khalan is such a good farmer, 2-10 with 4 fodder and takes around 55 seconds on average with almost no fodder loss. Worth the grind just for that, now 8 keys = 8 rubies.

Wassbix fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 9, 2017

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's better to just join a random existing guild rather than make one yourself, unless you're really dedicated to making it work (and have a bunch of others to do the same).

Wassbix posted:

On another note, Awk Khalan is such a good farmer, 2-10 with 4 fodder and takes around 55 seconds on average with almost no fodder loss. Worth the grind just for that, now 8 keys = 8 rubies.

Need to finish grinding his dungeon soon but the skill system bug is just making doing anything in the game a drag right now. 8 for 8 means you could technically turn a profit buying keys from rubies, get you some extra Unknowns and fodder for your effort no less.

Can't decide what to do with selectors right now ... thinking I might want to pick up a few spare Seras, could always use her for PvP with enough gear, but also need her for NMW anyway ...

Russian Remoulade posted:

How should I be gearing/gemming my shiny new A. Evan?

Spd/Spd, Hp/Hp, Lifesteal/Counter/Flex (typically Block but others are okay)

For Accessory, HP is the best and safest, but if he's high leveled then ailments or reduce buffs aren't too bad either.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jan 9, 2017

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
ever since the patch that made the guild icon stop lighting up to tell you to go check in, my guild has had 4-6 people check in daily lol

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Fair enough. I disbanded the Guild I made and joined a pubie one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hello goons, it's been awhile how's the game. i miss y'all but i can't play at work until i get my phone fixed and really don't have the time to play at home :(

• Locked thread