Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

ultrabindu posted:

Jakub Jugas be with you, brother.

*bowed head emoji*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ScreamingLlama posted:

1. Because Avunsea (my Dunmer) hasn't met her yet. Also Serana is stuck physically and emotionally a teenager after she not-entirely-consensually had vampirism screwed into her; she is not yours, my, or anyone else's goddamn waifu. :colbert: I'm pretty sure Bethesda made her unmarriageable for exactly that reason.* I did Meridia's quest early in the game. while I was mopping up side quests from Whiterun because sidequests are my jam and stop looking at me like that.

2. HE NEVER EVER loving USES ANYTHING OTHER THAN ICE SPELLS. THAT'S WHY I'M COMPLAINING, YOU NINCOMPOOP.

*if a 'Dragonborn and Serana, sitting in a tree' mod exists (and my experience with modding communities tells me it probably does), does it use dummied out dialogue recorded just for modders, like the dying children thing? If it does, I feel so, so sorry for Laura Bailey right now.
1. Fair enough. I started calling her a waifu to annoy people on youtube comments and it just sort of became a habit. But my dragonborn is probably almost as screwed up as her so can we travel across Skyrim killing everything and raising their bodies in a happy dysfunctional manner. Spot an old tomb haunted by vengeful dead? Loot it. A dragon swoops down? Hit it in the face with a sledgehammer until it dies and eat it's soul. Overhear someone wanting to eat carrots? Trek across the lands and head deep inside an underground cave system to return with a moldy old carrot and demand a hundred septims for it. There's a cursed demonic artifact lying around? Yoink! A crazy old hermit living way out in the ice fields says he wants blood from all the different kinds of elves? Nothing for it but to grab a big knife and go murdering.

Anyway. I get your point.

2. He's killed me with fire spells. :saddowns: Could be from SPERG maybe? :supaburn:

*There is dialog in the game files and the mod(s) use that. It's not terrible, by Skyrim standards. At least it's not long winded.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Are y'all implying that her name isn't actually Vampire Waifu?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

UZworm posted:

Are y'all implying that her name isn't actually Vampire Waifu?

Is that not what everyone else has been calling Mercurio?

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Poil posted:

He's killed me with fire spells. :saddowns: Could be from SPERG maybe? :supaburn:

Rikke: I'm telling you, General, the necromancer can use fire spells.
Tullius: He'd be insane to try. The character's a dark elf.
Rikke: That's not what the Goons report, sir. SPERG can have unexpected effects on a custom virtual environment.
Tullius: It's not a virtual environment. It's a game.
Rikke: Call it what you like, General, they made something happen down in that ruin.
Tullius: The Steam Workshop...
Rikke: The Steam Workshop doesn't take any responsibility for any character behaviour changes in Skyrim.
Tullius: You people and your drat mods.
Rikke: Sir? You can't force a seasoned player to be content with a vanilla game.
Tullius: You modders and your bloody creativity.
Rikke: Sir.

Poil posted:

*There is dialog in the game files and the mod(s) use that. It's not terrible, by Skyrim standards. At least it's not long winded.

:gonk:

RareAcumen posted:

Is that not what everyone else has been calling Mercurio?

Mercurio is neither vampire nor waifu, so no.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

ScreamingLlama posted:

Mage Husbando?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

ScreamingLlama posted:

Speaking of mods.

Eh, there's nothing :gonk: about the lines.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Lazy Bear posted:

Mage Husbando?

It's completely possible to make him vampire husbando!

It's not gonna happen for multiple reasons, but still

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

I fully accept that the reason I love the game so much is that I thrive on tedium.

I probably have 2000 hours total invested into Football Manager over the years, for god's sake.

I have around 1000 hours, give or take, in Skyrim because I just listened to podcasts and lets plays while I played instead of the game. The gameplay is so repetitive that I wouldn't miss out on anything being said because of divided concentration.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

UZworm posted:

It's completely possible to make him vampire husbando!

It's not gonna happen for multiple reasons, but still

I thought I was your waifu :ohdear:

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.

Tiggum posted:

Every time I watch one of these episodes it makes me want to play Skyrim and I have to remind myself how tedious and repetitive playing the game actually is.

You could get Enderal (the Skyrim conversion mod) which makes it similar but the story and quests are very different. It's a newer fresher Skyrim with different husbandos and waifus. Also loot. Loot for days. And sidequests. Sidequests for days. Did I mention a huge-rear end city that has 5 different districts that are, themselves, the size of a normal town in Skyrim?

(I love me some exploration and loots and quests.)

I need to draw more fan 'art' of Mr Puffles not hitting things.

silversatyr fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Dec 30, 2016

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I don't see how Skyrim is repetitive unless you're constantly spelunking or doing bandit raids. I'm in Solstheim at the moment (went there after giving the Horn to Arngeir, just to shake things up a bit) and things have just been crazy story wise.

edit: unless you think mowing down waves of monsters is boring, in which case just turn up the difficulty

GrandTheftAutism fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Dec 30, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

silversatyr posted:

You could get Enderal (the Skyrim conversion mod) which makes it similar but the story and quests are very different. It's a newer fresher Skyrim with different husbandos and waifus. Also loot. Loot for days. And sidequests. Sidequests for days. Did I mention a huge-rear end city that has 5 different districts that are, themselves, the size of a normal town in Skyrim?
I tried that out and it did not work for me at all. I think I was still in the tutorial when I encountered a monster that regained health faster than I could damage it. And that after the prologue that goes on way too long.

ScreamingLlama posted:

I don't see how Skyrim is repetitive unless you're constantly spelunking or doing bandit raids. I'm in Solstheim at the moment (went there after giving the Horn to Arngeir, just to shake things up a bit) and things have just been crazy story wise.
I don't even know what the story is most of the time. I know the broad strokes, but it all boils down to "go to a place, kill a bunch of dudes, take a thing" and there's not really any variety to any of it. It really doesn't matter which particular quest you're doing, it's just more of the same. It's OK when you're still getting new spells and stuff, but that's just a tiny fraction of how long it would take to actually do everything.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tiggum posted:

I don't even know what the story is most of the time. I know the broad strokes, but it all boils down to "go to a place, kill a bunch of dudes, take a thing" and there's not really any variety to any of it. It really doesn't matter which particular quest you're doing, it's just more of the same. It's OK when you're still getting new spells and stuff, but that's just a tiny fraction of how long it would take to actually do everything.

It seems to me like RPGs aren't your speed, then. If you can't be bothered to listen to the dialogue, read the in-game books and solicit background information from NPCs or even just find other stuff to do in the open world (sometimes I eschew fast travel for long horse rides that allow me to admire the scenery) maybe you should just toss your copy of Skyrim and go play a linear FPS or simulator instead.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Tiggum posted:

That may be true for a lot of the quests in the game but both Dawnguard and Dragonborn have pretty clear stories going in them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ScreamingLlama posted:

It seems to me like RPGs aren't your speed, then. If you can't be bothered to listen to the dialogue, read the in-game books and solicit background information from NPCs or even just find other stuff to do in the open world (sometimes I eschew fast travel for long horse rides that allow me to admire the scenery) maybe you should just toss your copy of Skyrim and go play a linear FPS or simulator instead.

Or just toss Skyrim in the trash and pick up an RPG with combat that doesn't feel like it gets extremely tedious.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ScreamingLlama posted:

It seems to me like RPGs aren't your speed, then.

You're right, I clearly hate RPGs, especially Skyrim.

Like I said, it's fun at the start, it's just that after a while you've seen everything but the game isn't even close to finished and you just find yourself doing the same stuff over and over. You can like something and still criticise it, you know.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Tiggum posted:

You're right, I clearly hate RPGs, especially Skyrim.

Like I said, it's fun at the start, it's just that after a while you've seen everything but the game isn't even close to finished and you just find yourself doing the same stuff over and over. You can like something and still criticise it, you know.

"You can like something and still criticise it: Let's Play Skyrim!" would be a drat good thread title.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

UZworm posted:

"You can like something and still criticise it: Let's Play Skyrim!" would be a drat good thread title.

With Skyrim you have to criticize it. You'll lose your LP cred otherwise.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Skyrim though since it's the first open world RPG I played.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

White Coke posted:

With Skyrim you have to criticize it. You'll lose your LP cred otherwise.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Skyrim though since it's the first open world RPG I played.

I never had any LP Cred to begin with.

Also, 17 was rendering and was going to be released today but Adobe has decided that will not be the case! It should be out tomorrow.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
:siren: NEW UPDATE :siren:

Episode 17 - Mr. Puffles' Very Long Day

The excitement was so high in this video that loving Loco fell asleep halfway through. In other news, the dragons near the endgame are a lot smarter than the earlier ones, draugr are bad at fire and I am bad at puzzles.

At least we get one of my favorite (useless as it may be) shouts in the game! And we're only a video away from the end of the Main Quest too!

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You're also really bad at cover-based combat.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Oh, by the way, right after the main quest ends (next video) I'll be doing Hearthfire and building Mr. Puffles a house. Y'all need to tell me which plot of land you want me to get. Here's a quick rundown of the three plots of land we can grab to build a house on and the quests we have to complete to get access to them.

Windstad Manor

Nearby Major City: Morthal

Quests: Murder mystery involving ghost of young child and vampires and poo poo.

Interesting Fact: Adopted children hate this house. There's trolls and other critters around.

Lakeview Manor

Nearby Major City: Falkreath

Quests: A bunch of random poo poo for the Jarl of Falkreath.

Interesting Fact: Enemies spawn at this house all the time for some reason. Giants, vampires, bandits, you name it.

Heljarchen Hall

Nearby Major City: Dawnstar

Quests: Solve an entire city having unending nightmares. Also kill a giant at some point.

Interesting Fact: This house is right next to the Tower of Mzark, which means easy access to Blackreach.

Tell me which one you want me to buy!

UZworm fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 5, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm terrible at directions and remember none of the places in Skyrim beyond Whiterun, please post pictures of these houses.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Buy Heljarchen Hall, because we want the kiddos to be happy.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

RareAcumen posted:

I'm terrible at directions and remember none of the places in Skyrim beyond Whiterun, please post pictures of these houses.

I mean, depending on how you build it, they all look exactly the same. Windstad and Lakeview are both to the south and cold, Heljarchen is cold and in the north.

Edit: Got that backwards the first time :downsrim:

UZworm fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 5, 2017

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I guess the Dawnstar one sounds least terrible

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Morthal is my favorite minor hold. Please show off as much of it as possible and give us Windstad Manor.

Growing up in a spooky swamp will be a character building experience for the kids and they'll grow up to be successful writers of sci-fi/horror fiction.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
I want Lakeview Manor because it's the only house that lets you build a little hut full of BEES.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
As much as I'd love to see Mr. Puffles take up the nearly useless hobby of baking with easier access to home ground flour (Garlic bread curse disease :pseudo:)?

Lakeview because it's not near a loving swarmp, and it's also the least freezing all the time. Also I forget offhand exactly, but I think Lakeview also comes with the coolest House butler?

Mister Perky
Aug 2, 2010
Where Lakeview Manor has the bee hive, Windstad Manor has the fish hatchery.

Mr. Puffles has been a good kitty. Let him have easy access to tasty fish.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Heljarchen Hall because it is in a convenient central location :geno:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Windstad because Mr. Puffles needs to show off his detective skills.

Ben Carsons Ghost
Oct 27, 2007

Lakeview has a beautiful view of some lake. I mean it's right there in the name. But it really is gorgeous.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
Probably the first close vote we've had so far, every one is tied at three so far! :ohdear:

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Windstad because Mr. Puffles needs a house infested with monsters to keep those drat kids off his swamp-lawn!

silversatyr
Jul 29, 2014

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay! I'll grab my stuff!

-->Eh.
Windstad because Mr. Puffles deserves tasty treats. And fishing is a good hobby. And what others have said about building character and detectiving. Yeah.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Whichever house will confuse Loco the most

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Dragonrend, a powerful shout that comes from the pure hatred of dragons and is said to force dragons to know what it's like to be mortal. What it actually does is "Excuse me, would you please land for a moment where it's convenient for you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015
It would have been more appropriate for the dragon to do that crash animation they do when the get damaged too much or just fall out of the sky and die or something. Anything really.

• Locked thread