Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

i am the bird posted:

I'm rewatching Season 11 now and the court episode is still fantastic. The shrieking "nobody look! nobody look!" is so so good.

I think its my 2nd favorite episode after the one where they get trapped and just about beating the wedding with the spiked milk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

willie_dee posted:

the one where they get trapped

The one literally called "The Gang Gets Trapped"?

I guess you could theoretically mean The World Series defense where they find all those corpses in that torture dungeon.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

PittTheElder posted:

I guess you could theoretically mean The World Series defense where they find all those corpses in that torture dungeon.

The torture dungeon at the 'Oliday Inn? (that's my favorite running joke in that episode, that and the Philly Frenetic)

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

PittTheElder posted:

The one with the artifact/vase, where they are trapped in the house with the Southerners and fat Mac is a Swedish plumber here to fix pipes.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

willie_dee posted:

The one with the artifact/vase, where they are trapped in the house with the Southerners and fat Mac is a Swedish plumber here to fix pipes.

This vill verk, Dennis, this vill verk!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That episode has some of the best line deliveries in the entire show.

"I hope they hogtie you. And then I hope they rape you. In their basement. For ten years!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

This vill verk, Dennis, this vill verk!

That's good.

That's a good accent.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Do not do a Swedish accent, you don't know how to do one. And you don't need to. These people don't know who you are!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Agronox posted:

I haven't gone through the list or anything but I suspect Alanna Ubach is a top 3 guest star in IASIP. A real shame they killed her off.

The way she died would be pretty simple to undo if they wanted to bring her back, though. I mean, Cricket has survived way worse than an apparent OD, Roxy getting in the same lane would be hilarious.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
He wants chips, and I asked him in the store, Dennis, you were there. I said, "Charlie, do you want a bag of chips?" He said, "No, I don't want chips." If you wanted the goddamn chips, you should have gotten the goddamn chips at the hamburger shop!

A leather shop in Arizona? Well, they'd be out of business in a week's time.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

The way she died would be pretty simple to undo if they wanted to bring her back, though. I mean, Cricket has survived way worse than an apparent OD, Roxy getting in the same lane would be hilarious.

And let's not forget Agent Jack Bauer, or Poppins.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

willie_dee posted:

A leather shop in Arizona? Well, they'd be out of business in a week's time.

That's what I said.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Gail the Snail

but really Cricket is the best

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I am ready for tomorrow

http://i.imgur.com/JMpzett.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/hXggrZf.gifv

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/M4mxRR5.gifv

landgrabber
Sep 13, 2015

I think my favorite is actually The Gang Group Dates.

"Hi ladies, I'm Frak!"
"poo poo! -blows whistle"

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Was checking episode titles (I won't spoil any) and Glenn, Rob, and Charlie wrote the new episode for tonight, should be fun.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Holy poo poo, the new season starts today? I knew it was going to start in January, but had no idea it would be this early :swoon:

EDIT:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jan 4, 2017

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Forgot how much I liked the way they played with the format for The Gang Hits the Slopes and integrated all the 80s tropes.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I just read an article describing the first episode and holy gently caress. Can't wait.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

aBagorn posted:

Forgot how much I liked the way they played with the format for The Gang Hits the Slopes and integrated all the 80s tropes.

Charlie learned communism. And sex. Lots of sex.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I have charlie making the happy face somewhere, lemme check

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/hYZE4A7.gifv

and the scene

http://imgur.com/i41fLVn

linking it because reasons

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

i am the bird posted:

I just read an article describing the first episode and holy gently caress. Can't wait.

Post with spoilers please

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

QuasiQuack posted:

That episode has some of the best line deliveries in the entire show.

"I hope they hogtie you. And then I hope they rape you. In their basement. For ten years!"

I caught that episode like a week after this happened. I'm a terrible person for laughing in horror when he delivered that line.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

RC Cola posted:

Post with spoilers please

It's a musical where the gang -- played by black actors -- imagine themselves as black.

commentary on that spoiler:
It's going to get a lot of heat. The Root has denounced it, for instance. I imagine some of the critiques will be knee jerk reactions that don't acknowledge IAS as intentionally transgressive social commentary (although, being transgressive doesn't mean being immune to harsh criticism). But I'm also already envisioning sensitive baby responses from white people on the internet who can't believe why a white show with a history of blackface might garner a poor reception to its attempt at racial commentary. I think the writers are usually in the right frame of mind but we have to acknowledge that some viewers will absolutely be laughing with the presented racism, which is something critics should discuss, especially in the era of Trump.

i am the bird fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 4, 2017

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have like 10 hours to power through season 11 again because I didn't prepare my rewatch and it snuck up on me.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Agronox posted:

I haven't gone through the list or anything but I suspect Alanna Ubach is a top 3 guest star in IASIP. A real shame they killed her off.

The Gang agrees (e: spoilers for the premiere premise in here):
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/jan/04/its-always-sunny-philadelphia-season-12-glenn-howerton

Glenn Howerton posted:

I kind of regret killing Alanna Ubach’s character Roxie in season seven. She was just so funny, and it was such a funny character. I know the fans responded to her too, but just from our perspective there’s a part of me that wishes we hadn’t killed her. I’m sure we could discover that she’s alive, and it wouldn’t be that far outside the realm of possibility. There’s also a lot of times I actually regret killing Dennis and Dee’s mom in season two, because that was a really funny character. And I find the longer we go on, the more we have a desire to do at least a few episodes here and there that feel grounded in the emotional reality of the characters, and when you want to do that it’s nice to have family members to draw on.

e: Also I'd like to see this:

quote:

Another episode that’s been on the writer’s board every single year, and this is another thing we get a lot of requests for, is a lot of people are like, “You should do an episode where we see how you guys got the bar.” And I would really like to do an episode – and we’ve pitched or broken an episode that showed them at 21 years old and how they bought the bar. But the thing that’s prevented us from doing that is that we tend to bristle a little bit at things where we have to ... I’m 40 years old now, so for me to play 21 would just kind of be weird. You can do it, but we’re just like, “Are we really going to do a whole episode where we try to make ourselves look 21 years old?” I would actually personally be OK with it, but I think Rob and Charlie don’t like the idea of us trying to play 21.

Ignoring the age gap worked pretty well for Wet Hot American Summer, but I suppose that's more absurdist.

Electromax fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 4, 2017

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I mean they had Danny DeVito play Young Frank. :haw:

Millions of Crows
Mar 31, 2010

take a look overhead
Should we use this thread to talk about the Mick? So far it can accurately be described as Sweet Dee Babysits Rich Kids. Like it's an IASP side story. That isn't a bad thing.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Millions of Crows posted:

Should we use this thread to talk about the Mick? So far it can accurately be described as Sweet Dee Babysits Rich Kids. Like it's an IASP side story. That isn't a bad thing.

I liked the pilot, haven't seen the 2nd episode. Caitlyn's knack for physical comedy and her various groans are enough to make her a national treasure and more of her in anything is Good.

ada shatan
Oct 20, 2004

that'll do pig, that'll do

I had low expectations of the show, but wow did they really make it like a IASIP side story. Loved it.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I have seen eps 1 & 2, and yeah, Sweet Dee and Rich rear end in a top hat Kids is pretty much it. Her character seems a little less harsh as it does on Sunny - like there's SOME latent deecency.
It's pretty amusing, all things considered. It's nothing spectacular, but still nice. The group dynamic from Sunny is unparalleled though, so pairing Dee with a stereotypical maid and some kids isn't near as grand. The sister and the older brother are solid and each pretty good as characters - although the brother's worldview is funny.

The only other half hour sitcom I really try to watch has been Brooklyn Nine Nine - which I initially thought was terrible. While Brooklyn has a better cast of main characters, Adventures in BabeDeeSitting seems like it might grow into something after a few more eps.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Hooray for the return of OBM!!

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

alpha_destroy posted:

Hooray for the return of OBM!!
let's just call him 'Old Man' alright

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
Uh I don't know how to feel about this

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Whoa poo poo a musical episode! :getin:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I really really like Dennis' other form.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Oh christ I'm singing again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Baron von Eevl posted:

I really really like Dennis' other form.

But also this