Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

You can probably forget about leveling Carol up, though. You apparently need different poo poo each time and some of it is RNG based.

I was also unlucky enough to be on streak 6 for the boss when I got her, which means I need to somehow grind out 4 wins against him when he is now almost impossible to beat. I'm also constantly out of ore and keys and the poo poo you get from keys to fight the ice giants, so this sucks.

And she'll probably cost some astronomical amount of gold to level up when the event is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

You can probably forget about leveling Carol up, though. You apparently need different poo poo each time and some of it is RNG based.

I was also unlucky enough to be on streak 6 for the boss when I got her, which means I need to somehow grind out 4 wins against him when he is now almost impossible to beat. I'm also constantly out of ore and keys and the poo poo you get from keys to fight the ice giants, so this sucks.

And she'll probably cost some astronomical amount of gold to level up when the event is over.

she's not a premium character so that'll be Jen

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

she's not a premium character so that'll be Jen

The FAQ says she'll be available to upgrade right after the event and the requirements will be replaced with significantly greater requirements. With the hoops that you have to run through to upgrade her during the event, it seems that it'll be even worse afterwards.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, Sif outside the evil was 100k gold, and I'm hoping I'll have the resources to get her to 5 before it ends becuase it's a lot cheaper.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

well then

that's a shame

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Not that we get non-event time in the game to build up regular money. Though I hope they redo the Winter Soldier event because I failed to get him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

The FAQ says she'll be available to upgrade right after the event and the requirements will be replaced with significantly greater requirements. With the hoops that you have to run through to upgrade her during the event, it seems that it'll be even worse afterwards.

No, post event is easy. It's all missions board, it just takes a while because they go something like 20/40/80/160.

I have everyone but Captain Marvel and Angela ranked. Angela's bottleneck is those drat red ornaments, I have all the gold ones I need.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Jan 2, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I kind of have to applaud the douchiness of Captain Marvel's rank ups.

They need items from fighting Malekith, then sleigh rides, then fighting giants (different action than ore) then from chests. It's designed to make you use the most keys possible.

If it was in any other order, some of the items from one step would assist with a later one. But nope, this way none of those fighting materials you earn from step 2-3 are useful for 3-4 or 4-5, and so on.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I do like how one of her rankup mats is cats.

Also the next event is going to be a return of stuff from the 2016 events, so you'll get another chance to recruit characters from last years events. This is good because I really want emo Bucky.

Then the next new event will be Ultron with Hawkeye and "his low tech friends". The silhouette clearly shows Kate and Pizza Dog, but I have no idea who else it could be. I was hoping Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would be in the even,t but they don't seem low tech enough. Though they could easily be bosses you can defeat and recruit.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Trick Shot would make sense as a recruitable boss. Maybe Bullseye? I don't actually know if Bullseye and the Hawkeyes ever interact really.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

wait a minute here

When the hell was Jack O Lantern in this game? I just went through Huntress Angela's story and he just appeared out of nowhere.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was part of Halloween.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

... When??? This entire character passed me by, holy gently caress.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think he was a bonus you could really only get by whaling out and wasn't involved in the plot.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
People talking about upgrading and I'm banging my head against the wall trying to recruit Angela with a day left. I just can't be bothered anymore.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
For reference's sake, you can find the article about the next minievent here, and this is the list of the fifteen returning characters that were mentioned in it. They won't necessarily be the fifteen rerecruitable characters, but they're probably going to be or they wouldn't have been mentioned.

• Dracula
  • Captain Britain
  • A-Bomb
  • Black Knight
  • Blade
  • Crossbones
  • Electro
  • Green Goblin
  • Groot
  • Jack O' Lantern
  • Punisher
  • Red Hulk
  • Union Jack
  • Winter Soldier
  • Baron Zemo

All in all, a nice mix of older F2P characters and characters that were stuck behind an unofficial paywall when they first showed up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don't know what I'll do when this game finally freaking adds Hawkeye.

mania
Sep 9, 2004
Ares is supposed to be one of the prizes for the next mini event. Really wish I'd picked up some shards during the sale, I want Ares on campus so bad :swoon:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

If you have Angela, it's not too hard to get her Huntress outfit. Basically once you get her, you need 7 Glaives that drop randomly from Malekeith's guards. They have a 16 hour respawn time, but if you reset Malekeith's health then the guards respawn. So as long as you have cannons you can farm the guards for the blades quite quickly.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

mania posted:

Ares is supposed to be one of the prizes for the next mini event. Really wish I'd picked up some shards during the sale, I want Ares on campus so bad :swoon:

It looks like he's supposed to be the grand prize for the hangout system once they integrate it into the main game, not the grand prize for anything in the next mini-event. Which is good, because that means he should be infinitely easier to get without spending money if he's not time-limited.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Question IRL posted:

If you have Angela, it's not too hard to get her Huntress outfit. Basically once you get her, you need 7 Glaives that drop randomly from Malekeith's guards. They have a 16 hour respawn time, but if you reset Malekeith's health then the guards respawn. So as long as you have cannons you can farm the guards for the blades quite quickly.

Yea, this is what I did and it's the only alt costume I got this event. 92 loving maps.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have no cannons or gold ornaments so I'm kind of thinking I'm not going to get Carol. Sure loved that recruiting Angela took about 5 separate actions to get the required materials.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You need like 24 hours worth of items from the space station anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

....Eh, screw it. Paid the $2 to get Carol to rank 5.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Man, I sure hope this Best of 2016 event means I can upgrade some dudes on the cheap instead of the 100k per level they want, although there being no Venom on that list means he'll continue to be stuck in Level 1 hell...

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Oh hey thread, I didn't know you existed.
This event ended for me with a level 5 Thor, a level 4 Singularity and level 1 Sif and America Chavez, because I was a dummy and didn't consider that if I just did the 8hours mission with America I would have been able to get all the red ornamentsI needed with simple sleigh rides.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know this is for Marvel Mobile Games, but holy poo poo the PVP in DC Legends makes the PVP in MAA look fair and balanced. My power is around 6600 and it matches me with people with over 10k power. The developers keep saying they've fixed PVP this time, but it just stays giving me tons of unwinnable fights.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My power is 13k and I get 6000s to stomp all the time, it's great!

It worked fine the whole time in beta and first few months of launch, I don't know what broke it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

My power is 13k and I get 6000s to stomp all the time, it's great!

It worked fine the whole time in beta and first few months of launch, I don't know what broke it.

From the thread on reddit, it sounds like they hosed everything up when they moved to tiers for match making.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Is there an active goon alliance for Contest of Champions? I just started and feel weird not being in an alliance

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This event sucks.

I'm going to be at 24 hours since it started to be able to do my first fight, and this stage only lasts for 2 more days.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet
Took me till today to realise you can train your fighters with those portals :-(. Still, at least I already had Dracula and a-bomb so managed to get two fights in. I don't think seven in four days is going to happen though.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Even while your dudes are training, they can be sent to do fights. That might help out.

But even as it is, this event is rigged that only the most powerful of Wallet Warriors will have a chance at the cages. As it is, you might be able to get two characters you don't have. (Assuming the keys are transferable from week to week.)
Getting the theoretical maximum of four will be near impossible for Free to Players or even minor spenders.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I can get Dracula, but what I really want is Winter Soldier.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah, this event is a joke. You'd have to spend tons of money to get the cages. You can barely get enough items to fight, and your characters do poo poo for damage and take too much damage. It's a joke to send Falcon/Widow/Wasp against even the 2nd streak boss.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

I bought Captain Britain (because I desperately want Bucky) and even him, Dracula, and Falcon could barely take streak 2 Mephisto. This sucks.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm not having so bad a time, but then, I had all but Jack o'Lantern, Blade, and Punisher unlocked already.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I dunno, I mismanaged my first battles but am still about to unlock Dracula, so I'm not really going to complain.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'll be happy if I can unlock one box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Well here's another event in which my interest diminishes the more I try to keep up with it.

• Locked thread