Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yo what are the best movies featuring telekinesis? Besides Akira, obviously

Push

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yo what are the best movies featuring telekinesis? Besides Akira, obviously

Dark City

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I'm going to have to go back to Seattle in a couple days, and be away from my husband for a few months again, give me all your best pick-me-up movies so I can be distracted like Mia Farrow in Purple Rose of Cairo.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Timby posted:

I imagine Disney would have to deliver the biggest dumpster truck full of cash at Fox's front door in order to get that released, though.

Okay, somebody tell me why this keeps coming up, because I'm pretty sure Disney already worked something out with Fox given that A New Hope is still in print on Blu-Ray. Would whatever deal they worked out only apply to the Special Editions? Because that seems kind of insane.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Okay, somebody tell me why this keeps coming up, because I'm pretty sure Disney already worked something out with Fox given that A New Hope is still in print on Blu-Ray. Would whatever deal they worked out only apply to the Special Editions? Because that seems kind of insane.

Supposedly Lucas doesn't want the original edition to exist/original footage is lost forever/other internet theories so it's possible that it might just never happen for a number of reasons beyond Fox/Disney rights issues.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Going through my twitter archive and found this.

https://twitter.com/forgzample/statuses/24625450456

No idea the context, but I stand by it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Fox owns the distribution rights to A New Hope forever, and the rights to the other five movies until 2020. Given that the unaltered versions of the movies are pretty much a holy grail, I'm sure Fox would demand a lot of money in exchange for giving Disney that license to print cash.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

I'm going to have to go back to Seattle in a couple days, and be away from my husband for a few months again, give me all your best pick-me-up movies so I can be distracted like Mia Farrow in Purple Rose of Cairo.

Little Miss Sunshine

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Wow, drat. One of the inmates I've been in correspondence with requested some sheet music, and I'm trying to get it to him, but A) I can't find it for free anywhere, and B) even if I bought it, it gets watermarked with my name so that I can't legally distribute it to him, meaning the COs will probably destroy it. What a hassle.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Yo, recommend me more avant-garde, experimental, and miscellaneous videos from 2016, I need to square up my 'best of' list with something a little tighter than Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared 6.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Wow, drat. One of the inmates I've been in correspondence with requested some sheet music, and I'm trying to get it to him, but A) I can't find it for free anywhere, and B) even if I bought it, it gets watermarked with my name so that I can't legally distribute it to him, meaning the COs will probably destroy it. What a hassle.

Could you buy it under his name?

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
This is news to absolutely nobody but Amtrak is a much nicer experience than Greyhound.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

K. Waste posted:

Yo, recommend me more avant-garde, experimental, and miscellaneous videos from 2016, I need to square up my 'best of' list with something a little tighter than Don't Hug Me, I'm Scared 6.

I'll assume you watched The Procedure and give you this instead
https://vimeo.com/169256540
:nws:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

glam rock hamhock posted:

I'll assume you watched The Procedure and give you this instead
https://vimeo.com/169256540
:nws:

Saw both :(

I liked Manoman, though.

edit:

What spurred this should be Vimeo of the day, a transcendent little Japanese flick called O: a film shot with water lens: https://vimeo.com/138699303

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Hat Thoughts posted:

This is news to absolutely nobody but Amtrak is a much nicer experience than Greyhound.
Well sure, but so is
https://twitter.com/forgzample/statuses/24625450456

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Hat Thoughts posted:

Depends on the area. It's great in the mid-Atlantic and northeast regions, but gently caress me is it a complete disaster in the flyover states (mostly because outside of the Northeast Corridor, it doesn't own any of the track it operates on, so the trains -- when they're not breaking down, that is -- always have to defer to freight trains).

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Anonymous Robot posted:

Check your local library, most libraries have sheet music, and if they do, you can make copies.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Hat Thoughts posted:

Could you buy it under his name?

Nah, cause it'd be over credit card.

I'll check the library, though I'm not hopeful they'll have this pretty recent song.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Anonymous Robot posted:

Nah, cause it'd be over credit card.

I'll check the library, though I'm not hopeful they'll have this pretty recent song.

Are you sure it takes the credit card name and not an account name?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Buying sheet music for use by other people seems like it would be a super common thing. I'm sure there is a way to do it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Season 4 of the Wire is real good, but I think I like season 2's laser focus on narrowing down both sides of a single crime thing, and how the criminal and legal elements build towards each other. I just finished episode 2 of season 5 and WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON WITH JIMMY, IS HE REALLY STAGING A HOMICIDE SCENE HOLY poo poo. I'm kinda disappointed there are only 8 episodes left, I'm really loving it.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

put the sheet music in a cake and give it to him

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Get a tattoo of the sheet music across your body, then get sent to the same prison.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Soak the sheet music in liquid LSD

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Timby posted:

Depends on the area. It's great in the mid-Atlantic and northeast regions, but gently caress me is it a complete disaster in the flyover states (mostly because outside of the Northeast Corridor, it doesn't own any of the track it operates on, so the trains -- when they're not breaking down, that is -- always have to defer to freight trains).
If I were doing like a summer explore America type trip, that seems like it could be fun as long as you had a comfortable enough bed and free wifi for your laptop.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

crawl through a tunnel of poo poo the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile, and then chisel rocks into the individual notes of the sheet music

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Season 4 of the Wire is real good, but I think I like season 2's laser focus on narrowing down both sides of a single crime thing, and how the criminal and legal elements build towards each other. I just finished episode 2 of season 5 and WHAT THE gently caress IS GOING ON WITH JIMMY, IS HE REALLY STAGING A HOMICIDE SCENE HOLY poo poo. I'm kinda disappointed there are only 8 episodes left, I'm really loving it.

People kinda poo poo on – well, okay, that's a bit strong, maybe roll their eyes and make the jerkoff motion at – season 5 for reasons, but I found it as entertaining and a fitting end.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Season 5 would be the best season of a lesser show with the Wire it's the only season with flaws so it's easily the worst. Like it's mostly still fantastic but one major plotline feels a bit silly and just like something from a lesser show and another feels underbaked and petty.

Unrelated, I'm finally watching one of singing mall walkthrough videos and this is the Blair Witch movie we'll never be good enough to get

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

You can't say that and not link the video, please do share.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
This was posted on here awhile back so credit to whoever it was that originally found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43pxV35MbY
Contains the best jumpscare I've seen in years

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I watched probably 2 dozen of that guy's videos over the span of several weeks, and they're so fuckin good.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQoKYTuCMtA

Gonz fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jan 5, 2017

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!
God drat it Apple, don't encourage people to use their phones in theaters

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Hahaha if I had a scrap of sympathy for Apple ever it's gone now

(e: their stock has been flatlining is the reason for the tone in this post)

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I now want someone to hold Tim Cook's hand in a jar of acid.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jesus Christ I don't know what's worse, the idea from Apple or the stories about some woman spraying someone with mace when they told her to turn off her phone or the cop murdering someone during the previews before Lone Survivor. :stare:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What the hell is wrong with Asa Butterfield in the Miss Peregrines.

He has zero emotion in every line. It's kinda funny, honestly.

I mean his character has mental health issues, but I'm not sure if he's doing a character thing or just bad at acting.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Gonz posted:

I now want someone to hold Tim Cook's hand in a jar of acid.
At a party.

glam rock hamhock posted:

This was posted on here awhile back so credit to whoever it was that originally found it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I43pxV35MbY
Contains the best jumpscare I've seen in years
Oh poo poo that's right, this video. Pretty sure it was Jenny. I seriously love the part where he goes into an abandoned theater, it just makes me shiver seeing a familiar work environment just get ruined.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm fairly excited. I'm gonna see Princess Mononoke tomorrow evening and tonight I called my parents and was like, "DON'T YA WANNA SEE THE NEW STAR WARS???" and I think I'll see Rogue One with the folks this weekend so that's cool.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Olfactory sense telling me dog shat his crate though so things may not be good turning around and going back there now

e: Having checked no; crate was clean as was dog's furry breeches. Will scan basement for source of stink.

ee: Brown matter unfound, may just be drunk and freaking out over dogfart.

Harime Nui fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
This Dan Bell video is the best Slenderman movie to date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29aGiL5PqYw

But yeah, the Dead Mall Series is some hypnotizing poo poo.
I love when he's all excited to be visiting the mall from The Legend of Billie Jean, and shockingly little of the mall had actually changed.

• Locked thread