Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Enourmo posted:

Maybe if you weren't some Dirty Poor buying a used model instead of leasing a new one like a proper Person Of Money...

I guess. Just talked to them again and apparently the damage that happened to the front and rear bumper(screwed up clear bra on the front and scuffed up/dented rear bumper) happened since they have had it and won't change the price at all. They will fix the damaged clear bra, but I would have to pay for it, or else they would just remove the damaged parts but not everything. Apparently they also use body filler on bumpers to fix the waviness from impact and "all dealerships do this". Am I the crazy one for thinking that you NEVER use body filer on bumpers since with a slight tap it will fall off?

I guess I got lucky when I bought my TDI(heh) since that process was completely painless.

jamal posted:

No you don't need to fill out poo poo. CU writes the check, you give it to them, you get car.

10k on the credit card though means they are out the fees, which are a reasonable amount in this situation, possibly over $300 to the cc company. Anything over like 3-4k I will offer a discount for sending a cashier's check or wire transfer.

Yea, I figured they are trying to pressure me into financing through them since they will get a cut of it.

I get the credit card fee side of things, and if they wold address it from that side I would be fine instead of just saying nope. If they would offer me a discount for not using a credit card that would be fine and I would jump on it. I only want to use my CC for the miles.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Alarbus posted:

Phoenix drivers, particularly on I-10 have no idea what turn signals are, do they?

Nope!

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

slurry_curry posted:

I guess. Just talked to them again and apparently the damage that happened to the front and rear bumper(screwed up clear bra on the front and scuffed up/dented rear bumper) happened since they have had it and won't change the price at all. They will fix the damaged clear bra, but I would have to pay for it, or else they would just remove the damaged parts but not everything. Apparently they also use body filler on bumpers to fix the waviness from impact and "all dealerships do this". Am I the crazy one for thinking that you NEVER use body filer on bumpers since with a slight tap it will fall off?

lmao run

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

slurry_curry posted:

I guess I got lucky when I bought my TDI(heh) since that process was completely painless.

Yea, I figured they are trying to pressure me into financing through them since they will get a cut of it.

I get the credit card fee side of things, and if they wold address it from that side I would be fine instead of just saying nope. If they would offer me a discount for not using a credit card that would be fine and I would jump on it. I only want to use my CC for the miles.

loving :sever:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

slurry_curry posted:

It's not body filler per second, but a special adhesive compound for bumpers. But gently caress that anyway, it's too new and too much money for that fuckery.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I'd drop a friendly call to MB USA mentioning your predicament, my assumption is that they keep their dealers in check.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'll break down your voltage.

No kinkshaming!

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Glad I am not the crazy one in this situation. I guess they recently got purchased by Autonation, but this dealer(Mercedes of Bellevue) used to be very well regarded for its customer service. Really disappointing because the have pretty much the exact car that I want. I guess I will have to suck it up and get a 2014 with the new front end, or buy a non-CPO one.

I would fly to buy one somewhere else, but I don't have time before I have to turn in my VW and I don't think the wife wants to run errands in my miata. I was looking for one in the SF area since I have to go down there for work, but it seems to be hard to find 4matic ones there.

DJ Commie posted:

I'd drop a friendly call to MB USA mentioning your predicament, my assumption is that they keep their dealers in check.

I have been thinking about harassing them on twitter to see if I get a decent response, but I might just go this route instead.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

slurry_curry posted:

Fly you fool.

E: forgot to refresh

Queen_Combat fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jan 5, 2017

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Three-Phase posted:

No kinkshaming!

Well, what if my kink is breaking down voltage? What then, huh?

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Just spent over $1000 on a full rubber kit for my old 1965 Falcon ute. Includes things like door rubbers, rubbers that go between the external door handles and the door skin, brake/clutch pedals, bailey channels, windscreen and rear window rubber, gaskets for the tail lights and rear rubber bumperettes that the utes had.

This year I will finally do some proper work on the old dear. Just replaced the windscreen wiper blades on it, the old rubber was almost like beef jerky

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
This morning as I was pulling out of the driveway, oil light, brake light, cel, and tcs light came on and the engine died. Fired up again fine, no idiot lights, otherwise uneventful drive in. Start car near the end of shift so it'll be warm after I clock out, 10 seconds after starting, CEL comes on. Haven't read the code yet, but I'm doubting it's going to be P0128 after 10 seconds of runtime. :bang:

Severe winter storm warnings, whiteout conditions, and oh, I have to drive to work in a blizzard, tomorrow morning.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sounds like a harness connector.

Time to deoxit/lectramotive everything.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iwentdoodie posted:

Joys of an old parent. Home on vacation, sitting watching TV and my mom gets up then falls back down shaking.

Took her BP, 71/39 and hr of 39-40. Sister freaking the gently caress out, trying to get me to drive her to the ER, which is 40 miles away cause lol USA health system.

Ambulance takes 20m to show, because they get dispatched from 15 miles away (and are run by a county 45m away) and my sister rides with her.

I beat the ambulance to the hospital by almost 30 minutes.

loving love this place. Before they even started to stabilize her I had to find her insurance card and pay her copay (thankfully she even has insurance now, because of the ACA) and then they finally even started her vitals and a screening.

How the gently caress am I the youngest in the family but somehow the most composed when anything at all happens?

To be fair aren't you in the military and as such know how to handle high stress situations?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

funny Star Wars parody posted:

To be fair aren't you in the military and as such know how to handle high stress situations?

Not without getting buttfucked first.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sears is closing like 150 more stores between the Sears and Kmart chains.

Like how do you gently caress up that badly?

Edited with list of closures

http://fox2now.com/2017/01/04/full-list-of-kmart-and-sears-stores-closing-across-the-country/

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I can't figure out why Lampert keeps pumping money into it.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Alarbus posted:

Phoenix drivers, particularly on I-10 have no idea what turn signals are, do they? And I won't even be here long enough to see the zip tie drags.

You mean the lever that makes drivers take up the room you had to merge?

Rhyno posted:

Sears is closing like 150 more stores between the Sears and Kmart chains.

Like how do you gently caress up that badly?

the power of the free market

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

slurry_curry posted:

Everything you're posting screams 'DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS DEALER', man.

Seriously, no matter how much you want the car, you're signing up to get hosed over by the poo poo they know but aren't going to disclose, on top of the poo poo you have knowledge of.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Goober Peas posted:

Probably using the losses for tax purposes in some manner.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Fermented Tinal posted:

Well, what if my kink is breaking down voltage? What then, huh?

You might say you're transforming... you might even be building a magnetic personality.

But I'm not ohm to tell someone to resist whatever makes their arc flash auras, or how to use their probes.

I'll show myself out...

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jan 5, 2017

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Yep!

I still signal, but I signal as I'm making my lane change just because of this behavior here. I remain legal(ish), but don't provide enough warning for dickheads to accelerate enough to block me. I figure that's better than the oddballs I see periodically that signal for so loving long that it's assumed that they are just driving with the signal on rather than actually planning to do something.

Of course the best ones are the dopes that signal to move over out of the high-speed lane, then don't change lanes quickly, therefore the spot they had to merge into closes up, so rather than keep up with the traffic and hit the next opening, they begin to slow, until they've dropped down to 10 or so below the speed of the lane next to them, and then they can't get over because of the continuous flow of people driving around them from the lane they are in. In some cases it's not even because the lose the merge spot due to an rear end in a top hat, but rather because they apparently think they need a clear city block or so of space to make their lane change, and wait so long (while slowing of course) that the traffic behind them begins to pass on their right.

slurry_curry posted:

The CC fee might be an issue for most dealers on a basic new car where the margin might be sort of slim to start with, but for a used car? On a MB lot? gently caress those guys, they probably only have about 60% of the asking price (if that) into the car they are selling. If there is one thing I learned from my very brief foray in to car sales (bad decision on my part, but it was an interesting experience) it is that used cars have a gigantic markup on them on every lot.

I worked in new car sales, but once in a while would walk a customer over to used when they couldn't financially get into a new car, and oh my god the commissions were so much better in used, even when splitting them with a used car guy. The dealership would make more money on a single used car sale at $8,000 (after dropping the price by a third to make the sale) than 10 or more average new car sales. The exceptions in new cars were the premium sales - kitted out SUV's, Corvettes, etc.

The Locator fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 5, 2017

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.

Finally got a little snow to find out if I made a horrible mistake putting oversized light truck tires on this thing.

Turns out I made the right decision.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

eighty-four merc posted:

Finally got a little snow to find out if I made a horrible mistake putting oversized light truck tires on this thing.

Turns out I made the right decision.

:worship: Please tell me its a Diesel or Turbodiesel.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

CommieGIR posted:

:worship: Please tell me its a Diesel or Turbodiesel.

Yeah man, five cylinders of turbocharged iron.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

eighty-four merc posted:

Yeah man, five cylinders of turbocharged iron.

Excellent. welcome :kimchi:

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm in a rental Hyundai accent for putting around town from brewery to brewery. I'm more amazed at people power merging in close quarters at full speed with no signal.

I really kind of prefer I-476 back by Philly...

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Goober Peas posted:

He doesn't want to be the real-world example of Objectiveism being an abject failure.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Goober Peas posted:

A godawfully huge tax credit.

Plus a bunch of Randian stupidity

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So how do truck tires work compared to car tires? Are there summer v winter tires, or is it all All-Season? What are good tires to get? What if my penis is small and I want to let the world know?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Nice. Just went to do laundry... someone decided it'e be fun to rip doors off of a dryer (and kick the poo poo out of a few others), take a dump in a couple of washers, rip the ceiling fan off the ceiling (still hanging by the wires), and have fun with the fire extinguisher.

It's not like I'm wearing my last clean shirt or pair of pants or anything. :shepicide:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

What if my penis is small and I want to let the world know?

Have you considered a Ford F-650?

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Nice. Just went to do laundry... someone decided it'e be fun to rip doors off of a dryer (and kick the poo poo out of a few others), take a dump in a couple of washers, rip the ceiling fan off the ceiling (still hanging by the wires), and have fun with the fire extinguisher.

It's not like I'm wearing my last clean shirt or pair of pants or anything. :shepicide:

What drives someone to do something like that?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If I could afford one of those big fuckoff turbo diesel trucks I would get one simply because I'd have more than enough power for whatever I want to do and it will also survive longer than 6 or 7 Subarus would

Of course all the coal idiots ruined them and then cranked the prices to insanity for a 10 y/o truck with 300,000 miles on it

bend
Dec 31, 2012

freelop posted:

The dick growing out of their forehead makes it difficult to tell the difference between a washing machine and a toilet?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

What the gently caress?

quote:

it will also survive longer than 6 or 7 Subarus would

*looks at Subaru collection*

LOL more like the Subaru would outlast the bro-truck

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
diesel econoline rape van. its the best way.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

freelop posted:

I live in kind of a lovely area. v:downs:v

Either some assholes that wanted to trash a place, or someone got sick of half the equipment always being broken (CSC Serviceworks :argh:).. so they broke the rest. There's a bunch of kids (as in teens) that live a couple of buildings away that I've caught checking cars to see if they were unlocked before (including mine), and their building backs up to the laundry building.... that's my only guess on who it could be, since I don't really talk to many neighbors.

Not the first time someone's dumped the fire extinguisher, and I've seen the dryer doors caved in, but never things straight up torn apart. Several dryers had the latch torn out too.

I called the non emergency number and made a vandalism report with the police, they said they'd send someone out sometime tonight to document it with pictures and follow up with the office, but since no witnesses and the building is always wide open, it gets the lowest possible priority. Emailed the office about it too, I don't think they check on the laundry room every day (even if they did, they don't own the equipment itself). I get to go to a laundromat tomorrow I guess.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

If I could afford one of those big fuckoff turbo diesel trucks I would get one simply because I'd have more than enough power for whatever I want to do and it will also survive longer than 6 or 7 Subarus would

Of course all the coal idiots ruined them and then cranked the prices to insanity for a 10 y/o truck with 300,000 miles on it

You can get a 4x4 IDI for a grand if you're patient.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Okay so turns out that [Adult Swim]'s "Robot Unicorn Attack" game is actually less weird than the song they used for it. BEHOLD!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMeUPFjQHc&t=60s

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Erasure videos were on occasion a bit odd.

A young Jason Statham stars in this one as part of an awful cgi sculpture thing;

https://youtu.be/AvhgG9ee9Aw

• Locked thread