Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

RealFoxy posted:

I guess this puts off Omega's title chances off for a while :stare:

i wanna see suzuki vs. omega

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

RealFoxy posted:

I guess this puts off Omega's title chances off for a while :stare:

I think he wins his second major tournament in a year taking the NJ Cup and wins the title coming off of that.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the last time i saw Suzuki was in WCPW in october where the crowd were chanting 'poo poo Nakamura' at him. that was embarassing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

handsome only face posted:

i wanna see suzuki vs. omega

Suzuki vs Okada
Suzuki vs Omega
Suzuki vs Naito
Suzuki vs Tanahashi
Suzuki vs Goto
Suzuki vs Shibata

Suzuki vs the World!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
GOAT rear end

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

the last time i saw Suzuki was in WCPW in october where the crowd were chanting 'poo poo Nakamura' at him. that was embarassing

Yet more proof WCPW is garbage.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

That sounds bad and makes me sad.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

tanahashi selling being pushed made me laugh

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Thanks Japanese Kevin Dunn for missing Tanahashi getting his knee destroyed.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

so it's looking like for Fantasticamania and New Beginning we have:

IWGP Heavy: Okada vs. Misu
IC: Naito vs. Elgin
Jr: Hiromu vs. Dragon Lee
NEVER: Goto vs. Juice
Tag: CHAOS vs. KES, maybe GBH thrown in there for another threeway?
Jr Tag- maybe RPG Vice vs. 2/3ds of SZKG jrs?

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

I enjoyed the smash cut to Kevin Kelly yawning.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Lots of dick kicks tonight

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
MAH BOY NAKANISHI

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

that was really odd and unexpected.

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Sounds like they're upping the English commentary on World.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raeg posted:

Sounds like they're upping the English commentary on World.

I think they said they got 10,000 new subscribers in the build-up to Wrestle Kingdom and most of them came from overseas? Which is really loving good news if accurate. Yay NJPW!

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I think they said they got 10,000 new subscribers in the build-up to Wrestle Kingdom and most of them came from overseas? Which is really loving good news if accurate. Yay NJPW!

I think the 10,000 was from yesterday alone, with ~5,500 coming from the US alone if I heard the commentary correctly.

Clearly NJPW identified the international subscription issue being Matt Striker.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Happiness
Oct 10, 2004

RIP neck belt Sanada

Jan 4th, 2017 - Jan 5th, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Can someone tweet @ Meltz of Omega using all the moves of his friends/enemies? It never even came up that Omega used AJ's Hollowpoint, nor his one man More Bang for Your Buck. They noticed the triangle moonsault and the double stomp but didn't make the connections.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'll leave this thread open to discuss the event or argue over star ratings if you must but I opened the new discussion thread for 2017 here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3804160&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

did dave really give okada/omega 6 stars. that's some major hyperbole. i didn't like it more than any okada/tanahashi match but maybe i shouldn't have had the english commentary on
i bet he gave an extra star for that absurd rainmaker nearfall, but i still ain't willing to rank it above any of the ajpw top tier

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I thought that Okada vs Omega was the best match I've ever seen and I'm glad that the Meltzer agrees with me.

6 stars, jeez

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That's even worse then their dental plan.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Thread might be winding down soon but can we all please keep an eye on prowrestlingtees or whatever NJPW merch outlets for that Suzuki-gun jumper. Holy poo poo I need that jacket.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

sigmachiev posted:

Thread might be winding down soon but can we all please keep an eye on prowrestlingtees or whatever NJPW merch outlets for that Suzuki-gun jumper. Holy poo poo I need that jacket.

https://www.piledriver.jp (or the piledriver store in harajuku) is where you gotta go for suzuki-gun merch. Never imported stuff like that myself but I've heard on twitter that https://www.whiterabbitexpress.com is a pretty good middleman service for shipping.

Edit: You're looking at $280 prior to shipping.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jan 5, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

GIVE ME SUZUKI VS OKADA :vince:

I have seen it before (Dontaku like three, four years ago) and I will watch it again because KAZE NI NARE~

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

sigmachiev posted:

I'll go to Piledriver (Suzuki's shop) in Tokyo for you but the package will be wrapped in green and yellow :colbert: #goducks

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

harperdc posted:

I'll go to Piledriver (Suzuki's shop) in Tokyo for you but the package will be wrapped in green and yellow :colbert: #goducks

Wait, can you buy merch from Japan in general?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i managed to figure out TENSO forwarding and the kinpuro customer rewards order page to get stuff from new japan mailed to me

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lid posted:

Can someone tweet @ Meltz of Omega using all the moves of his friends/enemies? It never even came up that Omega used AJ's Hollowpoint, nor his one man More Bang for Your Buck. They noticed the triangle moonsault and the double stomp but didn't make the connections.

Lid posted:

Kenny did the tribute deal more in the G1 finals when he used Bloody Sunday, the Gun Stun, the Styles Clash, the seated Last Ride, the Phoenix Splash, and even the loving Ruse Awakening. Last night was more just a few references and the package Tombstone wasn't the hollow point. The rolling fireman's carry to moonsault also predates his time with the Elite.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

package Tombstone wasn't the hollow point

looked pretty close to a ganso bomb tbh

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Wait, can you buy merch from Japan in general?

I live in the Tokyo area and have gotten stuff for goons before. If you're really dead serious about getting something I can be PMd.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Kenny did the tribute deal more in the G1 finals when he used Bloody Sunday, the Gun Stun, the Styles Clash, the seated Last Ride, the Phoenix Splash, and even the loving Ruse Awakening. Last night was more just a few references and the package Tombstone wasn't the hollow point. The rolling fireman's carry to moonsault also predates his time with the Elite.

He really is Megaman. :allears:

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just watched the main and shiiiiiiiiiiit that was great

Omega-Naito last year never really connected for me the way it did for everyone else, but my god paired with Okada, Omega looks like the best wrestler ever.

Dude's facials are so good. He's more expressive than AJ or Finn, and that makes him for me. Like Dean Ambrose with a physique.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Holy poo poo that main event was amazing. I kinda wish I hadn't read who won that but it was still soooo good. Those knees were loving vicious.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

EugeneJ posted:

Dude's facials are so good. He's more expressive than AJ or Finn, and that makes him for me. Like Dean Ambrose with a physique.

Yeah, he has some great face acting that was just that extra little special sauce selling the damage he was taking, the toll the headbumps were taking on him, etc. So many wrestlers now just kind of let moves happen to them and get pinned or not pinned, bump or reverse or whatever with no emotion and it takes a way a little suspension of disbelief.

I remember during a Ken Kennedy match in WWE, I think Batista had him up for a Batista bomb and while he was up, for just a split second, he started punching angrily at Batista's head trying to get out of the move but ultimately ate it. Really made it look like a fight. I love that stuff.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
The Omega match was really great but gently caress me am I the only one who thinks all those spots where they landed on their head is just being loving stupid? I don't get how knowing what we do about head injuries anyone would do poo poo like that, have fun with your Alzheimer's and CTE

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

mary had a little clam posted:

I remember during a Ken Kennedy match in WWE, I think Batista had him up for a Batista bomb and while he was up, for just a split second, he started punching angrily at Batista's head trying to get out of the move but ultimately ate it. Really made it look like a fight. I love that stuff.

The other workers hated Kennedy for this stuff. On the one hand it looks like he's fighting for everything he's got, but on the other hand his movements during moves threw off the guys he was working with and caused them to get hurt or feel uncomfortable. It's one of the reasons he got a bad rep with the other wrestlers even before the Orton spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Do it ironically posted:

The Omega match was really great but gently caress me am I the only one who thinks all those spots where they landed on their head is just being loving stupid? I don't get how knowing what we do about head injuries anyone would do poo poo like that, have fun with your Alzheimer's and CTE

the dropkick okada took to the back of his head looked especially nasty to me. like, it was a real deal drop kick to his head, honestly made me cringe.

• Locked thread