Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Also, Barnacle Jim has a long face and it's covered in all the missing bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Here's me emulating Paladinus' posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qorkD6nPYQM

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Alaois posted:

It's really hosed up to just dump someone's post history like that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Paladinus posted:

Here is me emulating FYAD posting.
My brain is heating up like a loving AMD processor in an average poverty-stricken African household with no air conditioning or, indeed, electrical sockets that don't inject electrical ebola straight into your janky PC. The task at hand will probably make me poo poo my pants with my own guts. I pour myself a tall glass of spiked Cape Fear (1/3 Coke Zero, 1/3 razors, 1/3 Coke Zero), and already fail miserably by attempting something resembling a joke. I begin to morph into a miserable meme cat shouting obscenities in eldritch cat language, everything is consumed by low-poly models of fire from the hit video game Half-life, as my life and posting career ends as a shoddy College Humour skit based on a book by Franz Kafka. Can't say I didn't deserve it. Please, contact me on MSN if you want to have a friend.
please do not post like this, or indeed at all

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Alaois posted:

Yeah, my creative posting makes everything around it cooler. :coal:

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Paladinus posted:

Yeah, my creative posting makes everything around it cooler. :coal:

and if somebody's stuck in a room with it overnight they'll die

e: I'm sorry, I have nothing against you, I just saw an opening

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

InediblePenguin posted:

and if somebody's stuck in a room with it overnight they'll die

e: I'm sorry, I have nothing against you, I just saw an opening

It's cool, man.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Kelp Me! posted:

Best part is a lot of the sagas talked about throughout the thread started the same way: relatively harmless/good thread wherein one goon casually exposes a :psyboom: thing about themselves and refuses to even consider the fact that they're doing something hosed up/:gonk:/:nms:

I know it's been mentioned before, but to me the "literally wrote the book on fairy torture" creep is a nigh-perfect example of this.

Minecraft thread, people talking about Minecraft, whatever, then all of a sudden "well, let me tell you about torturing fairies, I've written a literal book about it..." completely out of left field. :psyboom:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

eschaton posted:

I know it's been mentioned before, but to me the "literally wrote the book on fairy torture" creep is a nigh-perfect example of this.

Minecraft thread, people talking about Minecraft, whatever, then all of a sudden "well, let me tell you about torturing fairies, I've written a literal book about it..." completely out of left field. :psyboom:

I remember reading the pages he was posting about it on and it came off like he was expecting everyone to get it and enjoy it. Some people legit don't realize their weird fetishes or obsessions aren't insane poo poo and just figure everyone's secretly into them

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
It's a pretty great example of the 'crazy people don't think they're crazy' thing.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Keru posted:

It's a pretty great example of the 'crazy people don't think they're crazy' thing.

It's my favorite type of internet crazy, the "I'm oblivious and unused to society" types opposed to the "I'm obviously mentally ill and my life is suffering" or "I'm caro and I'm off to kill people and attempt untrained surgery in a warzone" stuff. I love the poo poo where people just can't hold back their dumb personal stuff on the internet and act blasé when it's brought up

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

KM Scorchio posted:

Whenever I read a thread outing someone for being a hosed up weirdo, all I can think is that when the thread gets trawled up in PFY a few years later there will certainly be a handful of posters in there jumping on the bandwagon who have themselves since been outed and banned for being hosed up weirdos.

Especially if any of the posters are mods or admins. Just one of those things.

Yeah a few of the helldump threads that have been linked so far had Cotton B Gross in them on the sidelines, who eventually caught a perma for being a pedo.
I mostly only remember the guy because his avatar was that weird face made of three rubber bands, and his av text said "Hey.. you wanna see my evil thoughts?"
no cotton i don't want to see your evil thoughts at all :gonk:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Paladinus posted:

My brain is heating up like a loving AMD processor in an average poverty-stricken African household with no air conditioning or, indeed, electrical sockets that don't inject electrical ebola straight into your janky PC. The task at hand will probably make me poo poo my pants with my own guts. I pour myself a tall glass of spiked Cape Fear (1/3 Coke Zero, 1/3 razors, 1/3 Coke Zero), and already fail miserably by attempting something resembling a joke. I begin to morph into a miserable meme cat shouting obscenities in eldritch cat language, everything is consumed by low-poly models of fire from the hit video game Half-life, as my life and posting career ends as a shoddy College Humour skit based on a book by Franz Kafka. Can't say I didn't deserve it. Please, contact me on MSN if you want to have a friend.

Here's my attempt to emulate fyad posting: lol

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mine gets a Wikipedia editor to commit suicide

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i dont know if you freaks are talking about the sonichu stalking web site anymore but it is the funniest page on earth because of stuff like this

Chris had taken $50 ($40 of which he had got the previous day for his birthday) with him. He found out this would not be enough cash when he was faced with $11 tolls (according to Bob, Chris had never been on a toll road before), starting in Breezewood, Pennsylvania.[10] At around 4:30 that afternoon he stopped in Streetsboro, Ohio to spend money on food and gas. He purchased $11.68 worth of gas from Sheetz, and got a small Hamburger with mayonnaise and a Lemonberry Slushie from Sonic.[11] According to Chris the slushie was made with real fruit, and had two lemon wedges in it.[12]

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i dont know if you freaks are talking about the sonichu stalking web site anymore but it is the funniest page on earth because of stuff like this

Chris had taken $50 ($40 of which he had got the previous day for his birthday) with him. He found out this would not be enough cash when he was faced with $11 tolls (according to Bob, Chris had never been on a toll road before), starting in Breezewood, Pennsylvania.[10] At around 4:30 that afternoon he stopped in Streetsboro, Ohio to spend money on food and gas. He purchased $11.68 worth of gas from Sheetz, and got a small Hamburger with mayonnaise and a Lemonberry Slushie from Sonic.[11] According to Chris the slushie was made with real fruit, and had two lemon wedges in it.[12]

Whoah. That's so petty it has inspired me to do a 180 and make something of my life.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Miss Marple, triumphantly, while everyone is situated in the drawing room.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the cwc wiki also has a detailed breakdown of every shirt he has worn every single day of his life they can find information about, with links to evidence and pictures of the shirts. because they're such normal people!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I remember looking at that site like five years ago and they had little pixel art icons of each of the shirts. I assume they're working on a full vr experience at this point

kru
Oct 5, 2003

I always assume people on SA are trolling and that no opinion here is actually what people think as a defensive mechanism you should all try it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

kru posted:

I always assume people on SA are trolling and that no opinion here is actually what people think as a defensive mechanism you should all try it

Fly away troll

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I was just thinking about one of my favorite threads yesterday

Scammed by the dealership, and I'm taking it to the news

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjUqUVrXclE

Triticum Guzzler posted:

the funniest part about all of that to me is how robust their citations are, like it is super important that they get their academic integrity in order. there are even wikipedia style mods going around and adding [citation needed] to stuff, it is truly a work of art.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I think it's really sad how the CWCiki basically dug up their own, obscure DemoniusX that no one else cares about, going as far as to gangstalk him and catfish him repeatedly purely for the laughs of a tiny, dying, irrelevant clique. It's hipsterism taken to a brand new level.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I think it's really sad how the CWCiki basically dug up their own, obscure DemoniusX that no one else cares about, going as far as to gangstalk him and catfish him repeatedly purely for the laughs of a tiny, dying, irrelevant clique. It's hipsterism taken to a brand new level.

nobody cares about demoniusx

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now I care about DemoniusX. Who or what is this?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Paladinus posted:

Now I care about DemoniusX. Who or what is this?

a nerd who fyad stalked for over a year and mailed a bunch of vibrators to and convinced that making internet reviews of vibrators was a good idea

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Lmfao I forgot about this.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i only stalk this one girl, you probably dont know her

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

FCKGW posted:

I was just thinking about one of my favorite threads yesterday

Scammed by the dealership, and I'm taking it to the news

Lol I forgot about this guy. It's a good read, for sure

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

nobody cares about demoniusx

woosh

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oh now i remember yeah

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

Miss Marple, triumphantly, while everyone is situated in the drawing room.

Chrischan, when the tolls fell.

Sonic, his arms blue.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Today I learned that 4chan thought Ephebophile wasn't edgy enough so they made a fake name for children trapped in adult bodies attracted to other children: Clovergender/Kindergender

It's like that time SA tried to make guys in pink polo shirts turning up their collars a thing but way, way creepier.

FilthyImp has a new favorite as of 11:02 on Jan 6, 2017

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FilthyImp posted:

Today I learned that 4chan thought Ephebophile wasn't edgy enough so they made a fake name for children trapped in adult bodies attracted to other children: Clovergender/Kindergender

It's like that time SA tried to make guys in pink polo shirts turning up their collars a thing but way, way creepier.

What's the story behind pink polo shirts?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

FilthyImp posted:

I didn't realize it had that connotation, I thought it was just something that idiots like Martin Shkreli were doing to "troll" transgender people by being "lol what if I identify as a toaster".

Also I don't know why you think popped collars/pink polos originated here (or how it is "creepy") - people did it but I think this is one of the many cases where someone thinks SA made something up just because they saw it here for the first time even though it had been around for a while prior to it being posted here.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

i saw a tumblr screenshot about this going around and im like 90% sure it's an alt-right (or whatever) troll

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

britishbornandbread posted:

No. They were the long, long, long distance lovers (Seattle and Australia) who spoke online before she, Pele, flew to Australia to meet him, Oddjob, who promptly proposed at the airport. Upon meeting for the first time. Which she accepted.

I found it by googling their names but sadly the thread isn't in the live forums anymore. Pele also gained notoriety for being rather overtly flirtatious at a party hosted by Lowtax, showing her boobs and fooling around with other female goons.

My favorite moment of this was when they had some sort of call out thread in gbs which ended up with pele and oddjob getting banned. I was browsing the forums in class back in college and either lowtax or some admin had embedded the mortal kombat music to that thread and it started blaring over the professor instantly when I opened that thread up.

So everyone thought I was some weirdo into the mortal kombat techno song.

:coolfish:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

A Spider Covets posted:

How in the heck did the stairs thing start on SA? I've been reading this website since I was in high school and I just realized I don't know the story behind that. Sorry if it's been covered.

If memory serves, Richard said goons should have a code phrase to ID each other IRL. Then promptly told everyone never to actually use or say that because what kind of loser talks about the Internet forum they post on. This was what, 2003? Earlier? When most folks still thought of interacting on an online forum with other people a niche esoteric hobby at best.

So there's no real story that I know of (but I'm a lowly :regd06: so maybe an OG user has better/clarified insight).

Was there ever another user like :coupons: - I don't remember the name, only that the emote came about because someone who frequented the Coupons forum was using the ignore function so heavily it broke the forums somehow. I'm assuming that's why the ignore list is finite as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

If memory serves, Richard said goons should have a code phrase to ID each other IRL. Then promptly told everyone never to actually use or say that because what kind of loser talks about the Internet forum they post on. This was what, 2003? Earlier? When most folks still thought of interacting on an online forum with other people a niche esoteric hobby at best.

So there's no real story that I know of (but I'm a lowly :regd06: so maybe an OG user has better/clarified insight).

Was there ever another user like :coupons: - I don't remember the name, only that the emote came about because someone who frequented the Coupons forum was using the ignore function so heavily it broke the forums somehow. I'm assuming that's why the ignore list is finite as well?

Wasn't there an article about robots on the front page or something?