Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone

Themata posted:

People just assume you're a dude everywhere unless you explicitly make it clear, for reasons that could probably be explained by sociology and psychology or something that I couldn't begin to really think of right now. I've also seen goons on the forum refer to women as men even when they've made it clear they're not because the idea that everyone is a man online is the view they're so entrenched and tunnel visioned into that all they see is a sausage fest.

I've seen what you look like

You're definitely a dood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Cloth and logs are really needed for the citadel (tick is tuesday morning):

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Surmoon posted:

M ivko was such an idiot. Bring back Flex, made goonscape flourish.

Is there any way to get Flex, V E L I X and Pizzalady playing again?!

Make Goonscape great again.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I'm still checking the thread every now and then to see how you're all doing! Life's just been a bit too chock-ful to get back into this hell crap game right now.

Every time you get paid for citadel, you honor my memory.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Every time you get paid for citadel, you honor my memory.

So start asking for your payment people :colbert:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
We need someone to do like 800 cloth in the next 17 hours so that we can meet citadel upkeep - thats by about noon on tuesday.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I'll return the day you face north when logging in again. :smugmrgw:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Themata posted:

I'll return the day you face north when logging in again. :smugmrgw:

Miss you :(

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
Never return Plady, you're not missed

:smug:

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Return and play Sliske's Endgame. I am sure you will find much to enjoy about it.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Return and play Sliske's Endgame. I am sure you will find much to enjoy about it.

Yeah and I'd highly recommend doing it without a guide as well!

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH

No more runespan

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Hello goons I can't stay away. Tell me please if there's a decent way to earn the ~7m/wk required to keep my char in the black on membership, given these skills

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Hooplah posted:

Hello goons I can't stay away. Tell me please if there's a decent way to earn the ~7m/wk required to keep my char in the black on membership, given these skills

Well Vis Wax is a pretty good start, it should average out to 500k/day with only a few minutes work. This thread tells you the combinations to eliminate the guessing work.

I would start working on slayer a bit as well. Getting it to 90 would allow you to afk darkbeasts for ~2m/h clicking once every 5 minutes so you don't log out. However getting it to 75 and buying the instant kill ability with slayer points so gargoyles will get automatically killed is 1.4~/hour after the cost of agression potions but slightly less afk.

Also Div really sucks but start working towards 80 Div/Smithing/Crafting to unlock invention since it will help a lot in the long run. Div past 80 turns into a decent money maker with the prices of energies.

Ventus
Oct 6, 2015

Hooplah posted:

Getting thieving to 70 and hunter to 68 would allow you to do Deadliest Catch quest. Then you could camp mort myre fungus for ~2m/hr.

Aside from that, if you have some money to work with, you might want to consider tanning dragonhides for profit. Note that it does require some money to do effectively.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Thanks for the replies. What I'm gathering is that it's just not happening in the short term, so I shelled out the :10bux: to get myself going again

Ventus
Oct 6, 2015

Finally got my first fire cape. Took a while, but was pretty easy.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Ventus posted:

Finally got my first fire cape. Took a while, but was pretty easy.

Congratz! You should be able to get the kiln cape without too much hassle, once you figure that all out it's really not that bad!

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Hey the citadel ticks in about a day and we still need people to cover cloth, rations, logs, bars, and precious bars.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
You are sorely missed.

Exps
Jun 14, 2008

Double mod pizza, no veggies, all meats except anchovies. Ask for more cheese at the end to paint meat pyramid.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Oh, how time changes everything. Still, got to give RS credit for surviving this long.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Stephen9001 posted:

Oh, how time changes everything. Still, got to give RS credit for surviving this long.

It still makes me chuckle thinking back to the days where with every update people were screaming about how this game was dying. And now look not just 1 but 2 surviving and thriving game modes!

Let's be honest though jagex still has their biggest money maker that they are just sitting on and that's a 2011 server. I mean I know it's going to happen eventually but when it does it's going to be huge and probably bring back quite a few players.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
If I could play old school with the new graphics I would switch ASAP

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

A client for OS has OpenGL capabilities as of recent (still in Beta) if that interests you at all.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Bricklord posted:

A client for OS has OpenGL capabilities as of recent (still in Beta) if that interests you at all.

Isn't the percentage of users who use osbuddy higher than those using the standard client? I mean with all the utilities osbuddy has I cant see why anyone would want to limit themselves especially now that they have the OpenGL beta.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

It's like half of the current online users. There are other clients as well which also take a significant amount of people playing. Using the original client doesn't really have any benefits over the others, especially now with performance. Some people just don't want a client on their computer, whatever the reason may be.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Reminder to do all of your monthly D&D today as they reset tomorrow!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Fills his socks, then fills his dog

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
:dogbutton:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
It is now part of the OP btw.

Voyaging
Sep 5, 2014
I just got hacked. I was on hiatus and forgot that I had disabled my Authenticator. Lost about 200m of wealth, and the rear end in a top hat dropped my Chaotic rapier and about 4k Overloads and a bunch of other untradeable items for some reason.

Entirely my fault and just stupidity on my part, but it's frustrating to lose all that, not because of the progress I lost, but because it feels like my account is tainted. There's a ton of untradeable and/or unattainable poo poo I was saving and now I'll never know what's missing.

I'm probably gonna switch over to OSRS exclusively (which I was leaning towards anyway), and just play RS3 for the quests.

Bricklord posted:

Yeah the client with OpenGL (not sure if allowed to mention names) is sensational. Way better performance as well as visuals.

Voyaging fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 4, 2017

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Well with OpenGL on OSBuddy the graphics are still hosed up to be honest, with vectors going through each other like spikes but it's pretty solid for a Beta none the less.

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
So I'm a returning player from like 8 years, outside of a couple weeks of Darkscape where I never got into any end game stuff (whatever that is?).

Anyways I found RS3's F2P to be boring since I already got all my skills to 80+ and did the free quests a decade ago, so I jumped into OSRS instead.

Wherein I quickly got my skills to around 50, and yesterday I payed 6 bux for a bond hoping that a membership would speed things up as well as give me more gold than spending hours buying rune packs and selling them on the GE...

So: it seems like there's way too many things to do and no amazing lucrative thing is jumping out at me, any suggestions for what I should be doing to keep a bond rolling?

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Minimum Syntaxing posted:

So I'm a returning player from like 8 years, outside of a couple weeks of Darkscape where I never got into any end game stuff (whatever that is?).

Anyways I found RS3's F2P to be boring since I already got all my skills to 80+ and did the free quests a decade ago, so I jumped into OSRS instead.

Wherein I quickly got my skills to around 50, and yesterday I payed 6 bux for a bond hoping that a membership would speed things up as well as give me more gold than spending hours buying rune packs and selling them on the GE...

So: it seems like there's way too many things to do and no amazing lucrative thing is jumping out at me, any suggestions for what I should be doing to keep a bond rolling?

The typical big money makers that are low effort are Skeletal wyverns and kurasks, both of which are semi-afk and really decent money all things considered. Generally you are going to want to grind slayer to as high as you can handle because outside of bossing that's going to unlock the best consistent money makers. Some tasks are easily 1m+ with half decent luck when you get to around 70+ and it's certainly going to be better tan cleaning hers o spinning flax.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Minimum Syntaxing posted:

Get some ports skills to 90, so you can start having your player-owned port going and get money from it eventually. I suggest runecrafting and cooking as your first 90s because they're both cheap and fast to level (in the case of runecrafting, using the runespan) and are also necessary skills to make some of the things you can sell.

You use cooking for the rocktail soups and you use runecrafting to make magic-based armor.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Well assuming that we're talking about OSRS for an income, Slayer is a pretty solid bet for going forward. It gets you to get unlocks through quests and alternative skills. I didn't track what I made to 99 slayer, but you're looking at approximately 100m or so with a moderate level of dedication. Despite giving you tasks to kill stuff, it doesn't get overly repetitive because the drops and locations are diverse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
I've just been playing OSRS, but are the those RS3 ports a once-a-day login sort of thing? If so I might have to look into that then.

Thanks for the slayer tips, I've already been doing it a bit since someone in game said it was a good way to train combat.
I also googled some Youtube guide for slayer, in one of them the guy suggested training runecrafting first to pay for the slayer training (and in his runecrafting video he suggests training agility first lol).
So that makes Runecrafting a decent bet as well then?- The drawback being you have to get to level 44 first, it's not afkable, and it's boring as gently caress?