Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
They should have come up with a better nickname for the character than Peebee, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SaltPig
Jun 21, 2004

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They should have come up with a better nickname for the character than Peebee, imo

It makes me think that she is going to be like Sera from Inquisition.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

exquisite tea posted:

If gamers are weak-willed enough to even pre-order Andromeda then there's just no hope for us as a consumer demographic.

I liked all the mass effect games sir

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
i'm preordering five copies because i'm rich and don't care about 'gamers' or their 'culture'

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
One of the party members in the old games was an asari scientist that loved to explore old alien ruins and had a serious and socially awkward personality. One of the party members in the new game is an asari scientist who loves to explore old alien ruins and has a carefree and outgoing personality.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

BexGu posted:

Some screen shots from the CES Summit talk of all the skills/evolve powers shown.

http://imgur.com/a/Z0bxE

Who ever said it look just like the ME3 multiplayer was right on the money.

peebee the 'rogue academic' LOL

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MadBimber posted:

i'm preordering five copies because i'm rich and don't care about 'gamers' or their 'culture'

im gonna pirate the game 5 times to undo this

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Dr. Abysmal posted:

One of the party members in the old games was an asari scientist that loved to explore old alien ruins and had a serious and socially awkward personality. One of the party members in the new game is an asari scientist who loves to explore old alien ruins and has a carefree and outgoing personality.

In Mass Effect: Andromeda one of your new squadmates will be black, but smart.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

SaltPig posted:

They'll include Sera as well. Who's to say that Dragon Age doesn't take place in the Andromeda galaxy?

Serf
May 5, 2011

*whistles and nudges his preorder of Andromeda out of sight with a foot*

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MadBimber posted:

So Peebee's a climate change denier.

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

MadBimber posted:

It will turn out she conned her way into the Initiative, she actually subscribes to Conrad's conspiracy theories.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Linx posted:

Taking home your work over the holidays isn't a cool perk though

I'm pretty ignorant of what it is like to work for a big game dev. I dunno how often they are playing through their own game. Maybe they are loving sick of it by the time it's released? Maybe some of them only get to focus on small bits of it and haven't actually played through the (nearly) finished product yet?

I mean, if there's no actual compunction to play it, then you don't have to. At least you might be able to show it off to what I imagine are your mostly nerdy friends.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
They named her PeeBee because they're huge fans of Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
another current day rogue academic

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Can't believe this isn't on steam. May never buy it now.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

MadBimber posted:

There is going to be a mod that is just going to take peebee out of the game.

euphronius posted:

Can't believe this isn't on steam. May never buy it now.

Origin isn't that bad but I'm curious to see if this game is going to get any massive discounts early after release like Titanfall 2 and Battlefield 1 did.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

SaltPig posted:

Please... please no.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
peebee's big adventure

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I am going to withhold judgement if only because I was completely certain I would hate Dorian and Iron Bull in Inquisition and they turn out to be pretty cool dudes.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What happened at the end of Mass Effect 3? I never finished our cuz that game was lame as hell

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I forgot; did they ever explain why you never see female turians in the main trilogy?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

fridge corn posted:

What happened at the end of Mass Effect 3? I never finished our cuz that game was lame as hell

The reapers died and everyone lived happily ever after

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Bioware is uh

Badoware

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

marshmallow creep posted:

I am going to withhold judgement if only because I was completely certain I would hate Dorian and Iron Bull in Inquisition and they turn out to be pretty cool dudes.

This. I liked both of them despite dorians awful personal quest(daddy hates me cause I am gay and won't marry to keep up the family name) I am hopeful for andromeda but biowares last two games and their various online and company jackassery have made me uneasy about it.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Dapper_Swindler posted:

This. I liked both of them despite dorians awful personal quest(daddy hates me cause I am gay and won't marry to keep up the family name) I am hopeful for andromeda but biowares last two games and their various online and company jackassery have made me uneasy about it.

'personal quest' is maybe a bit strong - it was one cutscene-convo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I forgot; did they ever explain why you never see female turians in the main trilogy?

they live naked on their home planets

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

JawKnee posted:

'personal quest' is maybe a bit strong - it was one cutscene-convo

True. I never cared for inquisition. I like some of the characters and ideas but it's to much quantity over quality and it was mostly boring and tedious filler with meh combat.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

You do, it just took till the third game or so for them to show up. The running joke for a while is that they were around since ME1 but players didn't' notice cause female turians did not have breast/feminine voices.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

The official answer is that they look exactly the same and you just don't talk to any.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

They couldn't think of a way to make them look feminine beyond giving them breasts

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The official answer is that they look exactly the same and you just don't talk to any.

There are some in 3. They are basically skinnier.

Serf
May 5, 2011

They should've made them giant like in nature and Gears of War.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They couldn't think of a way to make them look feminine beyond giving them breasts

That's so loving stupid.

Just give them lipstick.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

MadBimber posted:

peebee is not pc

Nielsen
Jun 12, 2013

MadBimber posted:

"Gordon Freeman in the flesh ...or rather... in the latex suit..."

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Number Ten Cocks posted:

peebee is not pc

"You see Ryder, krogan and baterians have a higher crime rate than us higher species."

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 5, 2017

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Lobok posted:

That's so loving stupid.

Just give them lipstick.

They did show up eventually in ME3. They're skinnier turians with different shaped crests on their heads.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Phi230 posted:

Bioware is uh

Badoware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I hope you can gently caress a Krogan. You can stick your space dick in drat near everything else and banging all the 'pretty races' gets old fast.

It's a whole new galaxy. Let your freak flag fly and guzzle down 8 testicles of space chicken lizard jizz.