Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Mu Zeta posted:

The bike can be useful but that elliptical takes up so much space and will collect dust. Buy something else like adjustable dumbbell or something. Those are way less boring.

Ellipticals are self torture machines.

Luckily space isn't really an issue. And adjustable dumbbells are next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Skip the dumbbells, get a few kettlebells. Don't run or bike inside, get outside and you'll actually enjoy it and stick to it. Only use the machines when the weather sucks. Source: triathlete and marathoner.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

If marathoners are so healthy why do they look like they have AIDS

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Bottom Liner posted:

Skip the dumbbells, get a few kettlebells. Don't run or bike inside, get outside and you'll actually enjoy it and stick to it. Only use the machines when the weather sucks. Source: triathlete and marathoner.

I find biking, elipticals are much more bearable if you can watch tv or netflix while you exercise. Turns tv watching into quality time.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

fyallm posted:

:homebrew: :homebrew:

MSI 1060

Good card. I've been using that one for a couple of weeks now.
(Admittedly, I use it only for CUDA programming on a Linux machine. But it's a nice card)

Also while I am here, my hot take on exercise: I hate treadmills and stationary bikes. I run outside and listen to audiobooks. I ride a bicycle to work.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Bottom Liner posted:

Don't run or bike inside, get outside and you'll actually enjoy it and stick to it.

I can guarantee you I do not enjoy running or biking outside in the middle of winter in New England.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

TotalLossBrain posted:

Good card. I've been using that one for a couple of weeks now.
(Admittedly, I use it only for CUDA programming on a Linux machine. But it's a nice card)

Thanks! Upgraded from a 560ti, should be a pretty noticeable difference!

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Mu Zeta posted:

If marathoners are so healthy why do they look like they have AIDS

They're healthy in that they live the longest. Turns out that's how humans are supposed to be.

All gross and looking like AIDS.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mu Zeta posted:

The bike can be useful but that elliptical takes up so much space and will collect dust. Buy something else like adjustable dumbbell or something. Those are way less boring.

Ellipticals are self torture machines.

Ellipticals are awesome. Just plonk a TV in front of it, or rest an ebook reader or tablet on the console.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

You bought some expensive clothes hangers come February.

lol nice

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I have a recumbent bike in my living room, a Schwinn, I forget what model number. I can attest that it is a very nice clothes hanger. And every time it gets cleared to use, something on it stops working. Usually the electric motor that moves the magnet for the flywheel adjustment. So it gets poo poo lumped back on it.

I should have bought a cheap upright with a twist knob tensioner at Goodwill instead.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

PCOS Bill posted:

I should have bought a cheap upright with a twist knob tensioner at Goodwill instead.

But wouldn't some of the money spent at Goodwill end up helping poors?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

PCOS Bill posted:

I have a recumbent bike in my living room, a Schwinn, I forget what model number. I can attest that it is a very nice clothes hanger. And every time it gets cleared to use, something on it stops working. Usually the electric motor that moves the magnet for the flywheel adjustment. So it gets poo poo lumped back on it.

What you should do is take that bike and . . . SHOVE IT UP YOUR rear end

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Geoj posted:

But wouldn't some of the money spent at Goodwill end up helping poors?

LOL if you don't think Goodwill is pocketing most of your money.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Dogbrisket posted:

I don't mind, because, poo poo, it was 99 cents.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Christmas Haul from the wife but still my money.

Blue suede/leather brogues

Bottle of Tierry Mugler:Pure Havane & iPad Air 2 & Otterbox

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Dogbrisket posted:

You should probably go look up what the word "some" means.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

More vintage pens, but this one is after I restored it.

Mid to late 1930s Mabie Todd Swan Self Filler 105/60

chicagobutters
Sep 7, 2015

A diagnostic tool for my car.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

What car?

Zahi
Jun 4, 2009

bent

LifeSunDeath posted:

Got some shoes :)

drat the new Sketchers Shapeups finally got some p deece colors.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

I'm repainting the interior of my house, so ended up buying 8 gallons of Benjamin Moore paint in a few colors for the walls. Went conservative with estimate on how much I needed, since it is expensive and custom colors can't be returned. If I end up needing more, I'll buy more. The paint goes on real easy, covers well, and oh yeah and the colors are nice!
I also bought 5 gallons of flat white ceiling paint, but luckily that stuff is pretty cheap.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

Christmas Haul from the wife but still my money.

Someone's salty.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bicycle parts

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
More money spent on poo poo

Dog poo poo:

Battery Tender for my LawnMower:

Humidifer:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

chicagobutters posted:

A diagnostic tool for my car.

Why this over Carly?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iViNi.bmwhatFull

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought one of these for proof of concept for my retropie rasberry pi. Pretty neato so far.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

betterinsodapop posted:

I'm repainting the interior of my house, so ended up buying 8 gallons of Benjamin Moore paint in a few colors for the walls. Went conservative with estimate on how much I needed, since it is expensive and custom colors can't be returned. If I end up needing more, I'll buy more. The paint goes on real easy, covers well, and oh yeah and the colors are nice!
I also bought 5 gallons of flat white ceiling paint, but luckily that stuff is pretty cheap.

This paint is awesome, we used it in our bedroom and used Behr in another and the difference in quality was unbelievable.

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

TheManWithNoName posted:

This paint is awesome, we used it in our bedroom and used Behr in another and the difference in quality was unbelievable.
Yes! I'm glad to know that it's worth the money. Thanks for the info!

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

betterinsodapop posted:

Yes! I'm glad to know that it's worth the money. Thanks for the info!

It really is amazing the difference in coverage and flow for the high dollar gallons compared to the contractor value paint. Once you get your brush or roller really loaded with paint it is smooth sailing all the way across a room.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

mad.radhu posted:

Bicycle parts

Super jealous. I'd love to put my tax return into this.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

:woop: Getting my node to home gigabit fiber Internet installed :woop:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

dreesemonkey posted:

I bought one of these for proof of concept for my retropie rasberry pi. Pretty neato so far.

Yeaaaaah!

Retropie is neat.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I paid my bank ~$900 so I wouldn't owe them any more money on my credit card.

That counts because gently caress you, I'm an adult.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Aero M5 308

A total of $2,400 including optic.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Zahi posted:

drat the new Sketchers Shapeups finally got some p deece colors.

cool

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Belt buckle

Knockoff vetements hoodie...let's see if this actually fits, it's "oversized," but in Asian sizes...I'm a M/L and ordered aN XL.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Coffee And Pie posted:

That counts because gently caress you, I'm an adult.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Belt buckle

Knockoff vetements hoodie...let's see if this actually fits, it's "oversized," but in Asian sizes...I'm a M/L and ordered aN XL.

Hmmmm.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Listen my dude I paid $50 for a full size plastic skeleton, my definition of adult is a moving target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Coffee And Pie posted:

does the knockoff one have the picture of tilda swinton instead of leo on it or