Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Indecisive posted:

rip in bahamuts

https://clips.twitch.tv/tetrusao/HelpfulKuduUnSane

almost want to craft 1 just to throw in random decks

That's a smug Haven player for having just lost two huge guys, all three Elanas and a wrath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Clarste posted:

I think Nephthys going to be a terrible card, so probably not. To make her have good value on average, you'd need to sacrifice so much reliability against aggro.

How so? In my deck the only dead mana slot is 4. The worst flip from Neph I can think of is draw a card off Bellringer Angel/Skullcradle Widow, brick on Necroassassin/Urd, Brick on a lone carrot man, get Mordecai. And that's missing both Silent Rider and Khawy slots. My 5 drops are just Call of the Void/Cocytus, and the Cocytus will probably get cut because I wish it was just more Void. I could probably improve it further by making all my three drops removal spells (Voice of Resentment is real sweet) since the 3-drop lich guy is kinda garbage without Necroassassin backup.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

ZiegeDame posted:

How so? In my deck the only dead mana slot is 4. The worst flip from Neph I can think of is draw a card off Bellringer Angel/Skullcradle Widow, brick on Necroassassin/Urd, Brick on a lone carrot man, get Mordecai. And that's missing both Silent Rider and Khawy slots. My 5 drops are just Call of the Void/Cocytus, and the Cocytus will probably get cut because I wish it was just more Void. I could probably improve it further by making all my three drops removal spells (Voice of Resentment is real sweet) since the 3-drop lich guy is kinda garbage without Necroassassin backup.

Because you also have to add Nep to your deck, possibly 2 of them, and she costs 8.

IE: Your deck is probably better without her. Not that your deck is bad.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 4, 2017

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my issue with nep is she is turn 8 and isnt really a win condition

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've been testing my deck with Lucifer as a placeholder, and the curve is bad. Real bad.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's actually a brilliant move by Cygames. Everyone says Nepthys is garbage, they take her away for a bit, and now everyone's excited to play Mordecai on 8 again.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

well we will finally know. maintenance to make her and the other disabled cards useable will be today

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Awesome! posted:

my issue with nep is she is turn 8 and isnt really a win condition

To elaborate on this, if you don't have a way to win the game on turn 9 or earlier, then you're just a really bad Seraph deck.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Crafted two white wolves and now I'm playing some troll silver bolt deck w/ 3 fairy champions, 3 bellringers, 3 verdant stewards, 3 ancient elves, and 2 of that new selwyn's command card. Not sure I really need 12 wards but I do like having them

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Awesome! posted:

just saw this on reddit. such justice lmao

http://webm.land/media/Li2V.webm

i've never seen someone deck before and it's beautiful

e: it gets even better now that I see that they dropped Daria just to be a dick

Erg fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Jan 4, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

If we're talking decking, apparently when you have both a Dracomancer's Rites and a Wildfang Dragonewt on the board, you finish drawing before you deal any damage, as I learned when someone killed himself with an Angel Crusher. Imperial Dragoon deals damage first though.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Holy poo poo this new Aggro Blood deck is a monstrosity that needs to be purged :negative:

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

As someone who's been playing a lot of Aggro Blood, I've actually stopped playing the deck for a while. It feels like everyone at A1 is playing decks that are built to beat it, like Sword with a fuckton of Wards or Elana decks with a lot of removal. It does very well against Daria unless they get a fast start/your start sucks, but I'm not seeing much of that deck right now.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Roach combo forest with surprise silver wolves took me on a 13 game winstreak into A2 last night... The control blood matchup was just sad

edit: and after a terrible 0-1 retire blood deck I go 5-0 with sword going second every game, never running into bahamut, and only getting silent rider and dis' damnation from santa. Skilled player here.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jan 4, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

frajaq posted:

Holy poo poo this new Aggro Blood deck is a monstrosity that needs to be purged :negative:

I beat it with non-Daria, non D-shift rune :smugdog:

I was doing a daily and drew the nuts.

No, seriously, aggro blood is just loving silly and even with a deck made to counter it you lose pretty often. You pretty much start at 7 hp against that crap.

Retcon posted:

As someone who's been playing a lot of Aggro Blood, I've actually stopped playing the deck for a while. It feels like everyone at A1 is playing decks that are built to beat it, like Sword with a fuckton of Wards or Elana decks with a lot of removal. It does very well against Daria unless they get a fast start/your start sucks, but I'm not seeing much of that deck right now.

At A1 I fought against it in 7 out of my last 12 matches.

I went 7/12 (Ramp dragon. So yeah, my fault. Just let me play my ramp dragon you assholes).

trucutru fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jan 4, 2017

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Forest is still favored vs aggro blood imo if forest runs a lot of 1-drops - getting a goblin on board dramatically weakens yurius

Might still be favored in general

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Forest is still favored vs aggro blood imo if forest runs a lot of 1-drops - getting a goblin on board dramatically weakens yurius

Might still be favored in general

Aggro forest (the one with the stupid roach combo) destroys almost every single deck in the game but you have to play it well and it is somewhat expensive, so at least you don't see it that much at the A levels.

In general aggro is kinda broken right now in this game due to just how consistent it is with either almost all draws being useful (and slightly more powerful than normal due to their "drawbacks") in aggro blood or being able to tutor your cards in aggro/combo roach. The game needs some sort of early game neutral drop that lets you deal with aggro without being an aggro tool itself (Just like Yurius is supposed to be anti-aggro but it's actually better in the other role). Freaking Ding-Dong and such are useless.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Yurius is supposed to be anti-aggro? I dont buy that, I think it was supposed to counter specific matchups blood was weak to but it's very much an aggro tool as it doesnt impact the board, only life totals.

I do think roach combo is uniquely busted as it can somewhat consistently both out-tempo and otk from an empty board. Forest also has a massive advantage in having similar early game across decks with different late-game damage engines (wolf vs cynthia vs roach), so you'll never know if leaving fairies up turn 7 on an empty board is smart or suicidal until you've lost.

Insanely fun deck to play though.

I do think the issue is more that there are so many ways to auto-lose as control whereas aggro and combo always have a fighting chance, rather than aggro being too consistent, but I need to look at some more numbers to be sure

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 4, 2017

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

No Wave posted:

Yurius is supposed to be anti-aggro? I dont buy that, I think it was supposed to counter specific matchups blood was weak to but it's very much an aggro tool as it doesnt impact the board, only life totals.

I do think roach combo is uniquely busted as it can somewhat consistently both out-tempo and otk from an empty board. Forest also has a massive advantage in having similar early game across decks with different late-game damage engines (wolf vs cynthia vs roach), so you'll never know if leaving fairies up turn 7 on an empty board is smart or suicidal until you've lost.

Insanely fun deck to play though.

It's supposed to help blood deal with classes that fill the board (which are obviously aggro) so I would call him an anti-aggro tool. In any case, if doesn't matter, he's obviously really good at dealing the 2-3 extra damage blood needs to win.

Kilano
Feb 25, 2006
Should they raise the life total so that not all games are just rushdowns? 20 seems really low

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think its fine. i like how a couple hp over the course of the game actually matters instead of half hour hearthstone games where you just clear poo poo with your face constantly

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kilano posted:

Should they raise the life total so that not all games are just rushdowns? 20 seems really low

The life total is fine, the game is designed with 20hp in mind and raising it would make Seraph and poo poo too powerful.

The game just needs some neutral thing to deal with aggro in the early game. (so that you can tech against aggro without having to change your deck too much) Just like aggro got neutral stuff to punch your face in.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nep is working, 3 free packs for your trouble, and the Flair and stuff are in Japanese now so expect another maintenance soon.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Neph is so loving dumb.

I managed to get a 5/5, 2 4/4s, and loving mordecai out on turn 8. The problem is surviving long enough to play Neph.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lord Ephraim posted:

Neph is so loving dumb.

I managed to get a 5/5, 2 4/4s, and loving mordecai out on turn 8. The problem is surviving long enough to play Neph.

In other words it's fine. Because at turn 9 you're getting killed by Seraph or D-Shift anyways

Seems real fun. I did manage to get one so I'll try to make a lovely deck

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Ideally Nep is a turn 8 Mordecai that isn't suicidal to play.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Ghostly Rider passes ward off to Nep but yeah that's not stopping Seraph, Dshift or even Roach OTK.

But it is fun to see 5 mordecais on the board for both players by turn 9.

But I agree that Shadow does better without Neph. You don't need to fill your deck with a lot of useless spells in order to not brick with Neph, and instead have core cards like Cerberus, Necroassassin, Urd, and maybe Lord of the Flies.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 5, 2017

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I got some Standard packs and they gave me two Atomemes, one of which was animated. They're telling me to embrace the meme side but I don't wanna when I'm like 1200 away from AA.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So how do I mulligan Daria Runecraft? I'm new to the deck and I don't know what cards are 100% keeps (besides Insight I guess), do I keep Fate's Hand or Daria no matter what? What changes between going first or second?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So... Aggro Blood is going to be nerfed into the ground right?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

not likely

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
elana haven and last words shadow supposedly beat it up for lunch money, and i don't fear aggro blood either with my favorite two decks (midrange swordcraft and roach_lethal_puzzle.jpeg.dek)

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
in general, burn decks serve a useful place in a metagame by keeping ridiculous rube goldberg machine decks in check

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

bats are strong enough to kill elanas fairly reliably now if you draw well. especially if they try to go plea, aria, elana and then start healing.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
huh. not saying you're wrong, since i have no firsthand experience with either side of that matchup post-expansion, but playing a turn 3 elana vs. bats was always a really good way to lose even before it hit

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, as an Elana player you never drop the amulet on 3 against total-war aggro. You drop your healing rabbits and angels on 2-3, then you evolve and trade on 4-5 (hopefully with the bald priest) and that should be enough to stabilize by 6.

Still, you have the same problem everybody has, you need to draw well against a deck that is way more consistent than yours so sometimes you just die.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
After losing like 5 games in a row to aggro blood Snake Priestess is making a big comeback in my storm deck

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

After losing like 5 games in a row to aggro blood Snake Priestess is making a big comeback in my storm deck

Aggro blood? I am getting a billion NepNeps today. And they hard-counter decks with big minions like ramp dragon pretty well.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

trucutru posted:

Aggro blood? I am getting a billion NepNeps today. And they hard-counter decks with big minions like ramp dragon pretty well.

Anecdotally I feel like there may be something in the matching calculation that makes you more/less likely to face certain classes depending on what class you're playing as. I'll get like 10 blood in a row and then as soon as I switch it's shadow, rune, shadow, rune, shadow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

As far as Storm Haven goes, am I supposed to replace my Heavenly Hounds with Luxwing Renos after this expansion?

• Locked thread