Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

TheBigAristotle posted:

Whenever I see this stat, I think about all the incidents of toddlers nearly killing someone that likely go unreported.

Maybe there aren't any. Maybe toddlers are really, really good assassins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Why aren't people jumping on board with the scatterbrained Republican?!

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

That just reminds me of that series of Allie cartoons over a few years where he kept having to shift the goalposts when unemployment really did start going down under Obama.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Heh. Heh heh heh. Ha. Haha ha ha!

quote:

Seven years ago President Obama came to this northern Indiana city, where unemployment was heading past 20 percent, for his first trip as president. Ed Neufeldt, the jobless man picked to introduce him, afterward donned three green rubber bracelets, each to be removed in turn as joblessness fell to 5 percent in the county, the state and the nation.
It took years — in 2012, Mr. Neufeldt lamented to a local reporter that he might wear his wristbands “to my casket” — but by last year they had all come off. Elkhart’s unemployment rate, at 3.8 percent, is among the country’s lowest, so low that employers here in the self-described R.V. capital of the world are advertising elsewhere for workers, offering sign-up bonuses, even hiring from a local homeless shelter.

Yet where is Mr. Neufeldt leaning in this presidential election year? He may keep a photograph of himself and Mr. Obama on a desk at the medical office he cleans nightly, but he is considering Donald J. Trump.
“I like the way he just won’t take nothing off of nobody,” Mr. Neufeldt said, though days later he allowed: “He scares me sometimes.”

Now, Mr. Donnelly noted, Chrysler plants employ more than 5,000 people to the south in Kokomo, up from 100 at their nadir, and 7,000 statewide. Yet autoworkers are more apt to complain about the president’s gun proposals than to acknowledge the auto turnaround.

While Indiana’s presidential primaries are relatively late in the race — May 3 — and polls are lacking, Mr. Howey predicted that Mr. Trump would do well.
Now, with unemployment so low, local leaders say the challenge is finding workers who can pass employers’ drug tests.

“Everybody is back to work,” Mr. Neufeldt said recently, driving past once-closed plants lining county roads, their lots full of employees’ vehicles and, in many, newly manufactured R.V.s.
HA!HAHAHAHAHA!

quote:

Clinton 31%
Trump 63%

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
America is now a giant safe space for pissy whites to openly flirt with fascism and punch themselves in the nuts while screaming UHMMMMMM YESSSSSS NICE THAT'S THE STUFF

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/its-not-the-economy-stupid/511634/

quote:

This city exemplifies the economic recovery the country has experienced since the Great Recession ended. Elkhart’s unemployment rate, which had reached a high of 22 percent in March of 2009, is now at 3.9 percent.

[...]

But despite the decisions that the Obama administration made that might have helped Elkhart, many people here have a strong dislike of Obama, who presided over an economic recovery in which the unemployment rate fell nationally to 4.6 percent from a high of 10 percent in October 2009. They say it’s not Obama who is responsible for the city or the country’s economic progress, and furthermore, that the economy won’t truly start to improve until President-elect Donald Trump takes office.

“He didn’t help us here, but he took credit for what happened,” Chris Corbin, 47, who works for a dispatch company in Elkhart, told me. Corbin thinks it will be Trump who improves the economy. “It’s going to take two terms, but he’ll fix things,” he said.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I'd say something but I'm afraid a well-fed New Republic writer will tut-tut me for not being appropriately deferential to the whims and hot takes of America's heartland morons.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

haveblue posted:

The guy on the right is Merrick Garland, who's going back down having never even gotten a chance to do what he went up to do.

It looks more like Hollande no?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Ah, because of lies, thanks for clearing that up fake black guy

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
White people are only being racist because black people are being racist first. Also, racism is actually good. But black people shouldn't be racist, because it makes white people racist. But black people are bad and racism is good, for white people. Also racism didn't exist until BLM. But if it did, which it didn't, it would be okay. White people are an oppressed minority who must rise up and fight for equality, but also black people are not and should not. When will the white straight Republican male get a fair shake in this country??

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Few people here are thanking him for their recovery, despite benefits from the administration’s $800 billion stimulus package — Mr. Obama came here in August 2009 to personally announce one grant — and from the rescues of the auto and financial industries.

“He gets very, very little credit, and I think that’s too bad because we got quite a bit of help,” said Dick Moore, Elkhart’s mayor the past eight years, a Democrat who lost election to a third term in November. “I don’t know what we would have done without it."

quote:

“He didn’t help us here, but he took credit for what happened,” Chris Corbin, 47, who works for a dispatch company in Elkhart, told me. Corbin thinks it will be Trump who improves the economy. “It’s going to take two terms, but he’ll fix things,” he said.
Trump will "fix" your record low unemployment and and record breaking economic boom? That's...good?

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Richard Pryor did a far more accurate version of this in a sketch forty years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vdmhz6OQmA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Frijolero posted:

It looks more like Hollande no?

I never said it was a good Garland :v:

Could always be wrong but everything else about the cartoon gels around Garland more than it would around anyone else IMO.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Duke Igthorn posted:

Trump will "fix" your record low unemployment and and record breaking economic boom? That's...good?

Polls showed that Republican voters immediately thought about the economy in a more positively as of November 9 than November 8. The reality of the economy has no impact.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Pilchenstein posted:

Here's a Collins that I don't think's been posted:

Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on Sir Ivan Rogers's resignation as Britain's EU envoy – Sir Ivan Rogers called on staff to ‘continue to challenge ill-founded arguments and muddled thinking’ after resigning as Britain’s ambassador to the EU"

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
MAC ON... lawyers in hospitals

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

ThaumPenguin posted:

something something accelerationism

This almost made me feel happy for a second

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I really like this comic. Wish he didn't label Trump though, it's a pretty obvious caricature.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

KillerQueen posted:

Ah, because of lies, thanks for clearing that up fake black guy

You aren't completely wrong, but this particular story actually did happen. Fake News will probably add their own lies to it (they were funded by Soros! Obama praised them!) and use it to make other stories seem more credible.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Quorum posted:

Polls showed that Republican voters immediately thought about the economy in a more positively as of November 9 than November 8. The reality of the economy has no impact.

Giuliani said as much while campaigning for Trump, the numbers about the economy don't matter, how people feel about the economy matters.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Guest writer: AF Branco

Branco's Obama eyelids return!

I guess this is about Ford canceling production of a plant in Mexico. Not sure what Chevy had to do with it.

e: looks like Trump criticized GM about making the Chevy Cruze in Mexico just before the Ford announcement.

Sandpuppy fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jan 5, 2017

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Well, if your lifelong ambition was to actually blow someone's mind by posting a link, consider it achieved.

Racism aside, what the gently caress else do these assholes want?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Bill Leak:

I think this is about the Indonesian military moving to suspend all cooperation with Australia after a commander was offended by some material he saw in a Perth military base that allegedly promoted West Papua independence. With Leak I'm never quite sure because he's so vague about about his topic when he's not under attack by Section 18C.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Pilchenstein posted:

Here's a Collins that I don't think's been posted:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

I see no one is posting Judge's hot takes

as a heartlander I can't abide a lack of Kansas City's finest/only political cartoonist

Lee Judge Fukken Loves Baseball

Lee Judge is- okay yes he is kind of tepid- but this is red-hot stuff in the Topeka-KC I-70 corridor

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Peanut Butler posted:

Lee Judge Fukken Loves Baseball

Just as a reminder, Lee Judge is also the sports columnist who thought it was totally cool for Jonathan Papelbon to try to choke Bryce Harper because Harper "certainly seems like a young man who needs an attitude adjustment."

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 24 minutes!

Pope is a national treasure.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xander77 posted:

Well, if your lifelong ambition was to actually blow someone's mind by posting a link, consider it achieved.

quote:

Andi Ermes, 39, offered a number of reasons for disliking Obama. She said Obama didn’t attend the Army-Navy football game, even though other presidents had. Obama has actually attended more Army-Navy games than George H.W. Bush. She said that he had taken too many vacations. He has taken fewer vacation days than George W. Bush. She also said that he refused to wear a flag pin on his lapel. While it is true that Obama did not wear a flag on his lapel at points during the 2007 campaign, it was back on his suit by 2008. Ermes told me the news sources she consumes most are Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and a local conservative radio show hosted by Casey Hendrickson.
They were TOLD to hate Obama and, by gum, they are going to hate Obama. All they want is to be told what to do and what to think 24/7.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Xander77 posted:

White Evangelical hegemony.

Like back when America was Great!

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
I know the politoons thread has had the ART tag for as long as I can remember, but I just saw that PYF now has this tag and, well...

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Selachian posted:

Just as a reminder, Lee Judge is also the sports columnist who thought it was totally cool for Jonathan Papelbon to try to choke Bryce Harper because Harper "certainly seems like a young man who needs an attitude adjustment."

I am not so familiar with that, never been a sports section guy despite baseball being the raddest sport- gross.

Mostly I know Judge from seeing him in the paper when I still lived in KC, or from the framed Royals World Series cartoon my folks have up in their house

I don't know what the line of notoriety is (syndication? a Patreon? a URL?), but I'll justpost: a buddy of mine has been drawing panels after work and on days off to hone skills/for fun and just distributes them via personal Facebook page. I like his style, it's suitably minimalist and it's been a little over a year so he's still playing with it. He's kind of a liberal JRRose who loves Star Wars, and isn't really a political firebrand so much as a pun maker and A Thing Happened cartoonist, but every now and then he'll post something that merits sharing here.

anyway here's a sampling of Keezer, I'll post one of his panels now and then unless a hundred goons piss in my inbox:

a new year happened:

guess the cartoonist's politics and levels of nerd attained:

a celebrity death happened:

timg'd puns galore that I probably wouldnt post here so much:

typical apolitical content that also ditto:

12 :kimchi:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

duz posted:

Giuliani said as much while campaigning for Trump, the numbers about the economy don't matter, how people feel about the economy matters.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2016/08/05/newt-gingrich-exemplifies-just-how-unscientific-america-is

Xander77 posted:

There is no combating ignorance this thick and this wilful.

Contribution:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Ted Kennedy?

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

You see, when white people do and say crazy, irrational, hateful things, it's just a simple, predictable, easy-to-understand, albeit misguided response to injustices they've personally or indirectly suffered. Whitelash!

When black people do crazy, irrational, hateful things, it's because... uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... they're n*ggers?

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Hell yeah

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Quorum posted:

Plus, if the employment under Trump is the same as Obama, it's better because Trump won't have a lying Bureau of Labor Statistics.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

twoday posted:

This almost made me feel happy for a second

How's this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Russia hasn't been Communist in two and a half decades.
Russia hasn't been Communist in two and a half decades.

• Locked thread