Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

paranoid randroid posted:

bullshit no one likes salon

i'm sure salon's mom likes salon

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
so given that roof is representing himself in a death penalty case so that his lawyers can't claim he's stupid or retarded in his defense, i'm guessing he's counting on white privilige to spare his life?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

syscall girl posted:

i've always liked it because i wasn't taught better

i also read jezebel and cracked and vice and use them as an excuse to explain my stupid thoughts but *ow quit hitting myself quit hitting myself*

and i miss suck.com

Jezebel is good tho

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

jfc this kid

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im normally opposed to capital punishment but they should cut that guy into bits and nail one to the door of every young republican organization in the country

yknow pour encourager les autres

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
they might as well kill him because the other options are never ending solitary or being subject to abuse at the hands of a prison gang because our justice system is messed up

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

pangstrom posted:

Seems unlikely, unless The Dread is the farts.
it's my vag, which in fact does detach when i take a poo poo, leaving nothing but a pristine swathe of pearly-pink flesh. it scuttles away at high speed and i have to chase it down to put it back where it belongs before it can cause a national tragedy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Badger of Basra posted:

Jezebel is good tho

so's vice :twisted:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
vice is only good when they're publishing meg mogg and owl

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

Avshalom posted:

it's my vag, which in fact does detach when i take a poo poo, leaving nothing but a pristine swathe of pearly-pink flesh. it scuttles away at high speed and i have to chase it down to put it back where it belongs before it can cause a national tragedy

it's already escaped and the harm is incalculable. your vagina killed both hope and the new american century

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
2016 killed The Toast, and can never be forgiven.

<3 Mallory Ortberg <3

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

boner confessor posted:

lolllllll

[url]https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/dylann-roof-says-its-not-fair-he-has-to-hear-so-much-from-the-loved-ones-of-his-victims/2017/01/05/e77a2156-d347-11e6-945a-76f69a399dd5_story.html[/url
Millennial murderers are the worst. Murderers my age are less entitled!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i bet you expect a participation trophy for that attempted homocide, loving millennial

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I guess not every murderer can get the luxury of an IDF military tribunal with almost guaranteed instant-pardon. :can:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
just having a hard time getting around the fact that a white supremacist who murdered 9 people in the attempt to trigger rahowa, is representing himself on a death penalty trial because he doesn't want it to be said in his legal defense that he could be either stupid or retarded

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

i like jezebel

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

boner confessor posted:

vice is only good when they're publishing meg mogg and owl

this.

jezebel is good all day every day tho

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

boner confessor posted:

just having a hard time getting around the fact that a white supremacist who murdered 9 people in the attempt to trigger rahowa, is representing himself on a death penalty trial because he doesn't want it to be said in his legal defense that he could be either stupid or retarded
Dunning-Freddy-Kruger effect.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i like how, with gawker dead, they just post their politics articles on deadspin & jezebel

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Berke Negri posted:

i like jezebel

fun fact once upon a time it was SA's "sister site"

because us stinky gamers needed a refreshing counterpoint

you uh can't find this on google because it's an antiquated concept but i guarantee you it's 100% what i just typed there

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

exmarx posted:

i like how, with gawker dead, they just post their politics articles on deadspin & jezebel

I like all the angry deadspin readers who tweet "sports!!!" at every new Feinberg post

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i also like that we're beginning to see a trend of sites turning off their comment sections

Badger of Basra posted:

I like all the angry deadspin readers who tweet "sports!!!" at every new Feinberg post

lol

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
the best thing about turning off comments is how mad it makes free speech absolutists and people who really get off on trolling

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

exmarx posted:

i dont think you like that at all! i think you're lying to me!

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

exmarx posted:

i also like that we're beginning to see a trend of sites turning off their comment sections

this has been going on for awhile as sites began a couple of years ago finally giving up the pretense that comments sections foster a sense of "community"

like iirc vox launched without any comments sections (i think they sometimes have it on for tv show episode recaps for discussions)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

exmarx posted:

In Germany (and presumably other countries with tighter speech legislation compared to America) a lot of "controversial" news stories - at least on smaller sites - get their comment sections disabled in advance.

Some other sites only allow comments during certain times in an effort to have constnat moderation access.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

corn in the bible posted:

i dont think you like that at all! i think you're lying to me!

i do!

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

boner confessor posted:

they might as well kill him because the other options are never ending solitary or being subject to abuse at the hands of a prison gang because our justice system is messed up

Unless youre advocating for taking him out back behind the court and shooting him being on death row for 15 some years isn't going to be much better.

I mean I'm not sure what you'd be able to do other than solitary in this case, if only for his sake I'm not sure he could reasonably be put in with a general prison population. Although if death is your goal then yeah that'd be the quickest route.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

boner confessor posted:

the best thing about turning off comments is how mad it makes free speech absolutists and people who really get off on trolling

I'll bet there's a lot of overlap between them and people who are against the abolishment of tipping purely because they enjoy torturing waitstaff and holding their pay hostage

Same mindset really

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

exmarx posted:

lol

BBC news allows comment sections for stories that are the least controversial or the ones that allow for mocking the Scots.

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

"How dare you prevent me from being a total rear end in a top hat!"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

:dogbutton:

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Is that a slur?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

boner confessor posted:

ah, so it's my daughter and birds
fukkin owned

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Roof will probably end up a suicide of some sorts within the next two years.

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
It's not fair bc they said I killed people when really they were just hood rats

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Gin and Juche posted:

Is that a slur?

Please respect the will of the English regarding their national identity.

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

I don't think they should kill the white supremacist murderer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Extensive Vamping posted:

It's not fair bc they said I killed people when really they were just hood rats

eww

did that actually get said or did you exaggerate a bit?

• Locked thread