Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

canyoneer posted:

Yesterday I was faced with a difficult choice. I saw someone getting into her car leaving Dutch Bros coffee, with her big tall drink on the roof of her car.

Do the nice person thing and run over and alert her or watch and wait for the scoodyfroody? (I ended up stopping her and didn't get to watch the drink fall)

If you've got time run over and stop her you've got time to take a video.

Thanks for denying us that small mean moment of spite. Congratulations on being a good person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kennel posted:

Any highlights?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

And now they're ready to go home, I don't see the problem.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ffffffffuck

and who built that street light? because one slight touch and it was falling over.

I'm pretty sure it was the ACME company.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Thanks, everyone! :tipshat:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also, this classic is in there:

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

ekuNNN posted:

Also, this classic is in there:

this guy owns

newts
Oct 10, 2012
A few months ago, I was stopped at a light and noticed the guy next to me had a bunch of papers in a folder on the roof of his car. So I tapped my horn, smiled at him, and tried to let him know he had something on his roof by pointing and gesturing. When the light turned green, he flipped me off and floored it, and all the papers sailed out into the road :confused:

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

newts posted:

A few months ago, I was stopped at a light and noticed the guy next to me had a bunch of papers in a folder on the roof of his car. So I tapped my horn, smiled at him, and tried to let him know he had something on his roof by pointing and gesturing. When the light turned green, he flipped me off and floored it, and all the papers sailed out into the road :confused:

Punk'd newts

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

BovineFury posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMRX_qU37f4

Phone scammers are still people. Horribly depressed people.

oh my god

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

newts posted:

I've sort of been on the reverse of this. I was at a four way stop at night and as I went through it and turned the guy directly across from me flashed his brights at me. I assumed he was mad because he felt like it was his turn to go and was talking to myself in my car about how dumb he was until something in the back of my brain went "check your headlights" and I discovered they were off. Derp. I yelled a thank you out the window.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCDnOCS3c1o

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

cows with hooves

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

You've not lived 'til you've been whipped in the face by cow nuts.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

You've not lived 'til you've been whipped in the face by cow nuts.

no one has ever lived

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

ewe2 posted:

cows with hooves

I.e. cows

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

When I worked service jobs if I saw a guy come in that looked like this I'd inwardly groan.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
It astounds me that people ride bikes at high speed without leathers. Concrete at speed will grind you to the bone.

Has anyone got that video where there's a camera on the underside of a bike that crashes, and the pedal or kickstand is in the shot and you see it just ground away slowly until it is gone? Friction is scary poo poo.

Jess gently caress there's one where a car in India rear ends a bike with a lady riding pillion. Car is at fault but gently caress me, she comes off, rolls over and she's got a loving baby in her arms. What the gently caress.

ShineDog has a new favorite as of 02:35 on Jan 6, 2017

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Guy goes down in Youtube history as "guy who got teabagged by a bull"

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6s-AqKt5ag

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
http://i.imgur.com/rMscTfW.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/jBgA1ys.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/A3EnmLc.gifv

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Is this...the perfectly looped gif?

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ffffffffuck

and who built that street light? because one slight touch and it was falling over.

In the US at least, the Federal Highway Safety Administration sets standards for new street lights requiring breakaway bases. This is so that auto passengers are less likely to end up as pancakes upon high-speed impact. Government trying to cheat the Darwin Awards.

http://www.valmontstructures.com/valmont-structures/product-catalog/light-pole-accessory-options/base-breakaway-couplings

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rick_Hunter posted:

It's actually a live stream. Someone please help that dog.

Chicken Butt
Oct 27, 2010

BovineFury posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMRX_qU37f4

Phone scammers are still people. Horribly depressed people.

Tragicomedy at its finest.

This one is quite good as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOcdsYOKw3c

Looks like the Indian-scam-call center industry is taking a severe psychological toll on its employees

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
A classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3WeXGmqYsE

Saraaaaaah!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Rick_Hunter posted:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Chichevache posted:

No Prisoners! is a fantastic motorcycle crash compilation that updates semiannually. Now that 2016 is over they have posted part 2. Over in SA's motorcycle forum, Cycle Asylum, we watch it to laugh at idiots and stay sharp on all the stupid mistakes other riders make. It can be very informative and I would recommend it to all riders or people who plan on becoming one. It is also packed with Schadenfreude.

Be warned, it is 2 hours long and does contain some clips that probably (definitely and hopefully, because surviving being impaled and set on fire is just too cruel) resulted in death. Most clips are clowns who target-fixate off the road or ride beyond their own limits and the roads conditions. Some of them make the gravest mistake of all: riding in the third world. A few are just downright unlucky. If you have any questions about what contributed to a certain crash (hint: rider negligence) feel free to ask in the Cycle Asylum Video thread. Someone there will be happy to answer.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2032191

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHUmevSHFJk

Quick tip for anyone that's going to watch: If the footage is rather grainy, looks like a traffic camera, or you hear a language other than english... there's a higher chance you're about to witness something gruesome.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Needs to have the forward running gif and the reversed gif spliced together so he expels the food and then eats it right back up

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
Two things I've noticed with the riders in the no prisoners videos, horrible target fixation and a serious inability to loving use the brakes properly. coincidentily seems to be the same problem a lot of lycra clad lance armstrong wannabes suffer from.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
The ones who wreck popping wheelies should just get their license revoked for a year. Most of those have varying degrees of stupidity but a loving wheelie on a public road is inexcusable.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Tarantula posted:

Two things I've noticed with the riders in the no prisoners videos, horrible target fixation and a serious inability to loving use the brakes properly. coincidentily seems to be the same problem a lot of lycra clad lance armstrong wannabes suffer from.

Dealing with target fixation should be taught in every learner driver course.

I remember my very first time riding a motorbike pee wee as a kid, went straight into a tree :downs: Adults have no excuse.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Trebek posted:

I swear I could watch a documentary on the planning and execution and aftermath of this. How would it go right? Why? WTF are those things that you draped over a pool? Is that some sort of pool protection system I've never seen.

Someone has been playing too much Silent Hill.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BeastOfExmoor posted:

About 4:20 there's a hilarious clip with no injuries. A couple short clips later is a fairly brutal accident with some humor thrown in at the end. Wish they'd seperate out the :lol: clips from the somebody-died-here clips though :(

It's be interesting if they sorted them by :nms: factor and started off with the funny lighthearted clips and gradually worked their way up to the :cry: clips at the end of the 2hr compilation, you'd know that you could just keep watching until you passed the schad threshold into the empathy threshold and then stop the video.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

ShineDog posted:

Jess gently caress there's one where a car in India rear ends a bike with a lady riding pillion. Car is at fault but gently caress me, she comes off, rolls over and she's got a loving baby in her arms. What the gently caress.

Not only a baby but I'm pretty sure I saw a young kid too. It was a family of four on that bike.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Dealing with target fixation should be taught in every learner driver course.

I remember my very first time riding a motorbike pee wee as a kid, went straight into a tree :downs: Adults have no excuse.

Do they really not teach that type of thing where you live? Even in my bogan state here in Aus I had to learn things like target fixation, emergency braking and swerving around obstacles at 40 and 50kmh.
e; that's not to say riders around here are perfect ofcourse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tarantula posted:

Do they really not teach that type of thing where you live?

From what I gather the driving tests in the US vary wildly from state to state