Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I need one (maybe two) more mages to complete a solid mage team. At the moment I have:

Terra w/ BSB
Celes w/ BSB and the Runic SSB
Y'shtola w/ BSB, Stoneskin II, Medica II and Aetherial Pulse
2 relics for Alphinaud (BSB and Deployment Tactics) - I haven't had a chance to do the event to actually unlock him yet, but I intend to.

Should I draw on the FF13 Cid banner and make him part of the team, or wait on the Nightmare Summoner banner and see what I get from that?

Also thinking about dropping Terra at the first chance. Her BSB is pretty underwhelming.

I think the only other decent soul breaks I have for mages are like Rydia's Odin 6 hit +def SB, Mighty Guard on Quistis, and Cerberus Shell on Vincent. I also have a level 99 Onion Knight, but no relics and not enough 4* motes to deep dive.

Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Is there a place to see what all the unreleased CM3 RMs are? I'd like to know if there's anything super useful coming down the pipes before I start using them up.

saltylopez posted:

Should I draw on the FF13 Cid banner and make him part of the team, or wait on the Nightmare Summoner banner and see what I get from that?

The XIII banner (specifically, Banner 2) is pretty good for a mage team, though Cid's BSB is far and away the grand prize there. The Nightmare banner is toward the end of the month (the 24th I think?) and will last long enough that you could probably save enough to throw a pull at both, depending on how much mythril you've got right now.

That said, the Nightmare banner is...pretty nuts, and a lucky pull could basically give you a complete mage team out of the box even if you had zero mage relics beforehand. I'd say the Nightmare banner has a better chance of really fleshing out your mage team than the XIII banner does, but someone else might disagree.

I'm personally probably going to do one pull on XIII and 2 on the Nightmare banner - I originally wanted to save some for Tactics, but I already have a few of the relics on that one and the risk of a dupe is probably a bit too high to justify chasing Cid's stuff.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jan 5, 2017

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

What makes this Nightmare Banner better then the past ones? Since people seem to actually be interested in it.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Dr Pepper posted:

What makes this Nightmare Banner better then the past ones? Since people seem to actually be interested in it.
The pool of relics is just really, really strong.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

SSB+, and a good relic pool across the board. The last Celerity nightmare banner was really good, but real close to the OSB fest banners

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Dr Pepper posted:

4 mage BSBs with en-elements attached + some other really strong BSBs, Terra's en-fire relic, 2 good healer BSBs, 3 mage OSBs, and 2 shots at a mage shout (Braska and Krile). Basically it's a completely nutso concentration of incredibly good mage relics, and a couple lucky pulls can take you from zero to a completely kitted out mage team.

Basically if you are gunning for a mage team it's the best banner by far for a long time.

edit: According to that reddit post, any rainbow you pull has basically a 50/50 chance of being a BSB or OSB, so yeah. Which one of us poor bastards is going to be the one to 1/11 a Tiny Bee...

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 5, 2017

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Oh it's SSB or better.

Yeah that makes is a Good Banner.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
About how long until we get the new/updated daily dungeons?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

edit: According to that reddit post, any rainbow you pull has basically a 50/50 chance of being a BSB or OSB, so yeah. Which one of us poor bastards is going to be the one to 1/11 a Tiny Bee...

I mean, I'd take the Tiny Bee over Rinoa or Terra's old SSBs. I'm considering a pull on this over Orlandeau or the Hope OSB Banner and I'm just afraid I'll get another Valkyrie or Last Judgement Grimoire or the Reraise Medicas I already have.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

17th for Dungeon Update (25 mythril one time lucky draw) and 23rd for the Summon Nightmare (full price unlimited draws) IIRC.

The order of events until the end of Feb is XIII > IX > X > FFT > IV > I > VIII.

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 5, 2017

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I thought I remembered somebody saying at one point that the free Daily draw increased to a daily 3x draw in JP. Are we ever getting that? Or did I remember wrong?

(Not that the odds on it are any better, I'm sure.)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The JP daily has been a 3x for a very long time, much longer than the timeframe of when it would've come to us if it was planned to. If anything I think the odds are slightly worse to compensate for getting 3 per day.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Geocities Homepage King posted:

About how long until we get the new/updated daily dungeons?

I think the Greens Daily was added after the last FF9 event, I think. And the complete Daily revamp happened late October around the FF6 Locke/Celes event.

Best guess is end of January for the Greens Daily, and end of March for the full daily revamp.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
It's a bad idea but I really want to continue raising my chances to lag random people out of multiplayer and also give celerity people things to do when they have garbage soul breaks.

My heart tells me to wait for Omega Drive but my shoulder demon says to click OK.

Garin fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 6, 2017

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
I got Yda's unique bracer (in a single pull of course) it's pretty bizarre, which is a party wide moderate MND up, and "greatly increases" crit chance.

I wonder how much of a boost that is? Too bad I'll prob never use him.

Little did I know edge's murasame (3 hit water aoe high interrupt) has a coveted small boost to water damage. Together with the golden hairpin, shout, full breakdown, and his BSB made for ~9k water veil hits as well as capped damage bsb on ult rubicante. He's a beast now.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

People who pay more attention to non-5*s than me, can I get a short list of 3*s and 4*s to look out for and definitely reforge? My inventory and vault are reaching critical mass and I'm going to go through and sell all the 3*s other than the decent ones.

4 STAR

Ten Gallon Hat (viii)
Crystal helm (vi)
Hypno Crown (v)
Black garb (IV)
Crystal bangle (vii)
Diamond armor (vi)

Crystal Sword (vi)
Rune axe (v)
Defender (I)
Hammerhead (xii)
Sages staff (iv)
Healers staff (xiii)
Sledgehammer (xii)
Mesmerize Blade (viii)
Cat claws (II)
Masamune blade (vii)

3 STAR

Any of the rods/staffs with a passive elemental boost

This is what I have reforged personally. 51 Attack (synergy) on that crystal helm is so good!

superloosegoose fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 6, 2017

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Kuja getting an MC3 before Eiko, who STILL doesn't have Record Dive because of an event we missed apparently. Hamelin is such a good healer BSB but her squishiness is kind of a liability. At least I have Vanille BSB to fall back on

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Add Wing Edge (II) and Gravity Rod (VI) to that list of 4* you should keep + combine

Also Thornlet (V), Royal Crown (VI)

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 6, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

superloosegoose posted:

I got Yda's unique bracer (in a single pull of course) it's pretty bizarre, which is a party wide moderate MND up, and "greatly increases" crit chance.

I wonder how much of a boost that is? Too bad I'll prob never use him.

:catstare:

Yda is a lovely lady how dare you.

Anyways, Internal Release is a flat 50% crit chance to the entire party. It works incredibly well on abilities that hit a large number of times. The MND boost alongside is nice for your healer as well as making sure status ailments don't stick around quite as long on your party. It's a very good SB if you can fit Yda into your party for it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

superloosegoose posted:

4 STAR

Rune axe (v)

Giant's Axe (v) is better by a couple attack. :eng101:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
D200 Torment downed and mastered.

Alphinaud (LV80) | Devotion | Moore Branch (5* RS)/Tiara+++ (5*+++)/Cursed Ring (5* RS) | Tiamat R3/Firaja R4 (BSB: Aerial Blast)
Papalymo (LV79) | Mako Might | Flame Rod+++ (3*+++ RS)/Hypno Crown+++ (4*+++ RS)/Pendant | Chain Blizzaga R2/Meteor R3 (SSBs: Enochian Blizzaja, Ley Lines)
Exdeath (LV80) | Ace Striker | Flame Staff+ (5*+)/Exdeath's Curiass+ (5*+ RS)/Cursed Ring (5* RS) | Meltdown R1/Chain Firaga R3 (SBs: Grand Cross, Neo Almagest)
Tyro (LV99) | Dr. Mog's Teachings | Yoichi's Bow (5* RS)/Genji Helm (5* RS)/Necrophobe Ward (5* RS) | Heathen Frolic Sarabande R4/Multi Break R2 (SBs: Sentinel's Grimoire, Keeper's Tome)
Penelo (LV80) | Battleforged | Zeus Mace/Ninja Suit (5* RS)/Gigas Armlet | Curaja R4/Shellga R1 (BSB: Evanescence)

RW: Vessel of Fate

Tiamat was hitting for 9999x3 on the boss fight, which was completely absurd when Exdeath was only hitting for about 20k with weakness exploiting Meltdown.

Regardless, in between Sentinel's Grimoire, Shellga, AOE dances, sitting in the back row, and Grand Cross, the damage output of the boss fight was reduced to easily managable amounts and Penelo's AOE heal command kept everyone at high HP.

Then tore apart the FF14 event for good measure. The D200 Apocalypse MO fight was on the nastier side, but Gilgamesh's BSB to shut down the ST damage and continued application of magic (and exploiting the fire weakness with Meltdown) was enough to deal with it.

Then I did one more 11 pull on Banner 5 before it went away and got a dupe Gabranth armor (fine, it's more armor for FF12) and WoL's BSB. So now PCecil is completely dead to me. :rip:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yda is a lovely :psylon: how dare you.

Internal Release is weird since MND buffing isn't actually all that great in the long run. Sure, it makes your white mages nuke harder with Diaga, but it doesn't boost healing as much as you'd want and the best way to shorten status infliction is to not suffer bad status.

The crit-fix is nice, but if memory serves you can get the exact same crit fix from Delita's Counter Tackle or Eiko's Prayer For The Lost.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
This paralyze dragon is pissing me off so bad. I haven't been this pissed at a boss since the naga one that did nothing but dodge attacks and charm people.

I have no accessories that resist paralysis and even when I bring 2 people with Esuna they either die to the bullshit double ice aoe spam when it gets low on HP or they just get paralyzed and can't Esuna each other.

Is there anything I can do other than just grind through resets until I get good RNG?

Also it is totally bullshit that it can attack and then immediately fly and then do 2 AoEs in a row before I get a chance to heal.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

the best way to shorten status infliction is to not suffer bad status
Stop would like a word with you.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

So I recently decided to get back into this game after playing for the first month when it originally released. It appears that things have...changed.

After getting through the insane amount of pop-ups explaining additions to systems I'd long forgotten, I read around on reddit and lurked here, and the path I've been following is: relics define your early party, do the weekly stuff, then dailies that matter (gil for me currently), then progress story for stamina shards.

Am I doing this right?

Here is my relic setup:

My party right now is Gilgamesh (MC1), Bartz, Kain(MC1), Rinoa and Ramza. I don't know how much better some of the relics I have are for that party, and who I should be focusing. Obviously at some point I need a more dedicated healer, but I don't know what the gently caress, so advice on how to not waste my time would be appreciated!

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

This paralyze dragon is pissing me off so bad. I haven't been this pissed at a boss since the naga one that did nothing but dodge attacks and charm people.

I have no accessories that resist paralysis and even when I bring 2 people with Esuna they either die to the bullshit double ice aoe spam when it gets low on HP or they just get paralyzed and can't Esuna each other.

Is there anything I can do other than just grind through resets until I get good RNG?

Also it is totally bullshit that it can attack and then immediately fly and then do 2 AoEs in a row before I get a chance to heal.

What team are you bringing? What kind of mitigation?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

TaintedBalance posted:

So I recently decided to get back into this game after playing for the first month when it originally released. It appears that things have...changed.

After getting through the insane amount of pop-ups explaining additions to systems I'd long forgotten, I read around on reddit and lurked here, and the path I've been following is: relics define your early party, do the weekly stuff, then dailies that matter (gil for me currently), then progress story for stamina shards.

Am I doing this right?

Here is my relic setup:

My party right now is Gilgamesh (MC1), Bartz, Kain(MC1), Rinoa and Ramza. I don't know how much better some of the relics I have are for that party, and who I should be focusing. Obviously at some point I need a more dedicated healer, but I don't know what the gently caress, so advice on how to not waste my time would be appreciated!
Get Hope in there ASAP. You've got one of the best relics in the game (Onion Gauntlets) but no real way to use them since you came in after the OK event, so you'll have to sit on those until the next FFIII event for your next chance to get onion motes for the onion lad. Probably your first priority is getting some kind of medica (AoE heal), any will do, though a BSB is preferable. A pull on the XIV banner with Minfilia, Y'shtola, and Alphinaud on it might be good for you, since it's got some amazing healer stuff on it.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

What team are you bringing? What kind of mitigation?

It literally doesn't matter what I bring. I have no paralysis resist accessories.

I also can't just throw mythril continues at this since none of the continue bonuses resist statuses.

I'm also getting total garbage RNG. Last fight I had both Serah and Y'shtola paralyzed after aoe ice. I'm seriously considering skipping this mc3. I've gotten every other one since they started but this one might not be worth the frustration.

edit: Yda is my "Shout" with her SSB. Ramza is breakdowns and Tailwind for party heal. Y'shtola is for Aetherial Pulse and my RW is also Y'shtola for wall.

Everything goes great until he gets under 50% hp and then he does the AoE ground ice, then instantly flies and does AoE ice twice. Anyone who doesn't die gets paralyzed and it's always Serah or Y'shtola.

Also I can't seem do do enough damage fast enough. I was thinking of trying Shout RW and just all my best physical hitters but again I have nothing I can do about random paralysis. At all.

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 6, 2017

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Get Hope in there ASAP. You've got one of the best relics in the game (Onion Gauntlets) but no real way to use them since you came in after the OK event, so you'll have to sit on those until the next FFIII event for your next chance to get onion motes for the onion lad. Probably your first priority is getting some kind of medica (AoE heal), any will do, though a BSB is preferable. A pull on the XIV banner with Minfilia, Y'shtola, and Alphinaud on it might be good for you, since it's got some amazing healer stuff on it.

Will the upcoming FFXII event have Hope as an unlock? I have one of those Hero Mote things so I can unlock either Hope or Onion Knight, and one Memory Crystal Mote, so that could get either of them to 65. But if the upcoming 13 event will have all the Hope stuff, I figure I should use those on the Onion Knight.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

TaintedBalance posted:

Will the upcoming FFXII event have Hope as an unlock? I have one of those Hero Mote things so I can unlock either Hope or Onion Knight, and one Memory Crystal Mote, so that could get either of them to 65. But if the upcoming 13 event will have all the Hope stuff, I figure I should use those on the Onion Knight.
Onion Knight is completely useless, like UNBELIEVABLY useless, until above level 93. You can wait on him for a while.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

Onion Knight is completely useless, like UNBELIEVABLY useless, until above level 93. You can wait on him for a while.

Welp, according to reddit the upcoming event does not have Hope, so Hope it is. Thanks for the advice!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Anyone able to throw up an FF5 geared Wakka with BSB Roaming Warrior?

Working on the d250 Torment and I think that might be the missing piece of my strategy.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CaptainPsyko posted:

Anyone able to throw up an FF5 geared Wakka with BSB Roaming Warrior?

Working on the d250 Torment and I think that might be the missing piece of my strategy.

Sure, I can switch mine for a bit.

eeJH

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

It literally doesn't matter what I bring. I have no paralysis resist accessories.

I also can't just throw mythril continues at this since none of the continue bonuses resist statuses.

I'm also getting total garbage RNG. Last fight I had both Serah and Y'shtola paralyzed after aoe ice. I'm seriously considering skipping this mc3. I've gotten every other one since they started but this one might not be worth the frustration.

edit: Yda is my "Shout" with her SSB. Ramza is breakdowns and Tailwind for party heal. Y'shtola is for Aetherial Pulse and my RW is also Y'shtola for wall.

Everything goes great until he gets under 50% hp and then he does the AoE ground ice, then instantly flies and does AoE ice twice. Anyone who doesn't die gets paralyzed and it's always Serah or Y'shtola.

Also I can't seem do do enough damage fast enough. I was thinking of trying Shout RW and just all my best physical hitters but again I have nothing I can do about random paralysis. At all.

First off, take this with a grain of salt because I was apparently insanely lucky and didn't ever get paralyzed - I didn't even realize that was part of the fight. But off the top of my head:

RW wall when I'm assuming you already have Wall on Y'Shtola is overkill. I also don't see Protectga on your bar and so you're missing a big layer of mitigation there. A physical team probably wouldn't be a good call unless you have a lot of ranged abilities / breaks, because otherwise you're going to be missing out on too much DPS when he's in the air. If his AoE is the problem, consider RWing a strong AoE healing BSB like Vanille - with Wall / Protectga / Full Break / Power Breakdown up, he shouldn't even remotely be killing you before you can get a heal off.

Other stuff:

Sephiroth - Fire Blossom is AoE so it's probably doing pretty poo poo damage against Aiatar, and you Lifesiphon can't hit the boss while he's in the air. That looks like Gilgamesh's sword on him - do you have his ranged damage SB? If not, he's a major weak link.

What kind of mage setup do you have? Any SBs at all? Are your hones in decent shape? A physical team is definitely not ideal for this fight, especially without good SBs. Do you have any SBs with a - attack debuff, like Agrias or Rikku? If not, RWing Faris' BSB might be your best bet for a physical or hybrid team - that lets you drop Ramza for better DPS and get a ranged Full Break and spammable Power Breakdown that doesn't depend on the boss being on the ground.

So basically:

If you can field a mage team with decent hones and a couple decent SBs, that's probably your best option. In that case, RWing Onion Knight's BSB is probably the way to go if you don't have a faithga, since you'd probably still want Ramza along for Full Break / Powder Breakdown.

If you don't have anything for a mage team at all, you are stuck with physical, and you need to look for any ranged SB options you have, as well as anything that lowers his attack. Also, slap any ice resistance gear you have on people, and put protectga on someone's bar for more mitigation. RW an AoE medica if you don't have one on Y'Shtola - you definitely don't want more than one person on healing duty if you can help it, since your DPS will end up in the toilet, especially if you are relying on physical damage that might not be able to hit the boss for half of the battle.

If you do have Y'Shtola's medica, probably RW Faris' BSB so you can replace Ramza, since he isn't your shout source anyway Or you could RW Onion Knight and bring a mage and run a hybrid party. If you don't have her medica, then you'll probably have to RW an AoE healing BSB so that she can be on wall / healing duty and leave your other slots open for DPS.

edit: Whoops, missed the part about you having Aetherial Pulse for Y'Shtola, so you do have a protect source. Honestly though, she should probably be doing nothing but Wall casts inbetween heals (that is a Thyrus on Serah, right?). Maybe stick Protectga on her bar and open with Wall, then cast Protectga when you've got a chance. You definitely shouldn't be using her SB gauge on Pulse, though. Leave Esuna on Serah if you have to have it, provided she has enough hones to keep her damage output up. With mitigation and and AoE medica you can honestly just sorta heal through the damage until paralysis wears off. Not ideal but if you've got no resistance gear and keep getting shafted by RNG that's basically your only option.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jan 6, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Y'shtola's medica ns't going to cut it. Have her use wall and bring a healer BSB as the RW (such as a Y'shtola) and as long as the BSB's running and wall is up with shell/protect you shouldn't come close to dying unless Y'shtola gets locked down with people low on hp.

A native Wall should never be ignored for a SB/SSB medica tbh. One is a vital buff that has lost zero importance and the other is an ability that is completely outclassed by BSBs.

Sesq
Nov 8, 2002

I wish I could tear him apart!
I'm working on a plan for the Torment Cid Mission. Sadly, I have no Hastega. Here's what my plan is:

I've got Faithful Companion and Morphing Time for Greg, Trueblade of Legend on Buttzz, Pride of Tycoon on Lenna, and Tomorrow's Promise on Krile.

My plan is to have Krile do the heavy lifting with the fire AOE damage her burst provides. I'll also be able to use Faithful Companion frequently as a source of extra damage and healing. Bartz looks good on paper, but he doesn't seem to be doing the damage I'm looking for, given the abilities and stats he has. I also plan on leveling Lenna and Krile to 99 by Sunday, and probably hone some stuff that needs honing. Oh, also, Faris will have the magic break/mental or armor break dances on instead of single target ones.

With my test group here, I was able to get them down to about 40% health before they overwhelmed me with their weak phase. Krile wasn't doing as much damage as I expect to do on my real attempt, as I haven't mastered her burst yet, so I had her using Asura's Rod. The Mace of Zeus gives her a lot more magic, being an 8 star with synergy.

If I decide to cut Bartz, I can stick in Exdeath as a backup healer. He'd also be able to cast Faith on Krile and use Grand Cross to suck up the single target magic. Doing that would potentially allow me to put Retaliate on Greg rather than Magic Lure, and hopefully that wouldn't slow down his soul break charging too badly. With retaliate, I can put double cut on Faris and have her do a little damage when she's not refreshing breaks.

Another option is Dorgann. One thing I could do is have him handle the knight work while Greg goes into dragoon mode. I have Galuf's Thor's Hammer and Agrias's Kaiser Shield, both of which boost lightning damage. With Lightning Dive, I can do a bit more than 20000 single target damage, which isn't great for this particular fight, but doesn't suck either. But I probably wouldn't be able to use Faithful Companion as much then. Eh, that probably won't work out.

Still haven't finalized a RW either. Maybe Vessel of Fate since I'm doing physical and magic and Faris might need something to do. Maybe just a wall. I'd like a resistance boosting haste, but Divine Guardian won't stack with Pride of Tycoon.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tailwind is incredibly handy when you want to bring a Medicaless Y'shtola for her Stoneskin II. :v:

Ultimate Garuda was easier then Cid Mission simply because I could bring an AOE Heal.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

U-DO Burger posted:

Sure, I can switch mine for a bit.

eeJH

This (along with finally nailing the timing on my wall refresh and equipping a silence resist accessory on Y'shtola) got me over the top. D250 Torment mastered. :hellyeah:

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Dr Pepper posted:

Tailwind is incredibly handy when you want to bring a Medicaless Y'shtola for her Stoneskin II. :v:

Ultimate Garuda was easier then Cid Mission simply because I could bring an AOE Heal.

I loving love tailwind. I use Ramza as my primary healer 75% of the time. Most of the rest of the time I have OK bring along curaja as well. Only very rarely do I bring a real white mage with a medica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

I can't wait for the wild ride of this year's new characters.

• Locked thread