Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

20% of my shots in my A-44 go to the reticle edge right now. I don't think the aim changes actually took place for the A-44.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

BadLlama posted:

20% of my shots in my A-44 go to the reticle edge right now. I don't think the aim changes actually took place for the A-44.

You're probably going to be banned for aimbotting if only 20% of your A-44 shots go to the edge.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm pretty sure 100% of my ISU shots go to the edge

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

my ISU's shells always hit the dirt

after punching straight through the enemy tank :smugmrgw:

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Actually I think they've gotten worse :) I don't remember if that is shown to be true with the WR numbers but I think average WR on the US server has dropped like a full percentage point over the 5 years I've had an account.

Pubbies discovered draws were the most effective way to prevent anyone competent from winning a game. It used to be your pubbies would try to make you lose and their pubbies would try to make them lose, but now all pubbies collude to make both sides not win.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Desuwa posted:

Pubbies discovered draws were the most effective way to prevent anyone competent from winning a game. It used to be your pubbies would try to make you lose and their pubbies would try to make them lose, but now all pubbies collude to make both sides not win.

I dunno, my pubbies still seem pretty hellbent on losing. Had a jpze100 not see any targets for the first 2 minutes of a match, complain in chat that he was bored, and just drove into the middle of everything to die so he could go find a new match

HFX
Nov 29, 2004

Hellsau posted:

Not banned, nobody in ADOBE who was provably using treedown in clan wars was banned, one guy in HAVOK was banned and I'll ask about that, and one guy named Butte in PANSY was banned. NDP is safe.

This is some weaksauce poo poo.

e: looks like one guy in FADED and one in -FAM- are the only players banned in the top ten or so clans. This is entirely bullshit, ignore it and use whatever y'all want.

How do you find out who got banned?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

HFX posted:

How do you find out who got banned?

If they're in a clan their name is highlighted in red on the list of clan members

McGavin fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jan 5, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
speaking of clans are any of the goon clans still around, I miss my [PANSY] tag

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I started playing this at new years, and had great fun the first few nights, getting to Tier 4 quite quickly.
However, last night and tonight, I just seem incapable to do any real damage, I'm lucky if I kill a single enemy, and I inevitably find an enemy KV-1 or O-I Exp who will gladly blow me up. I can't run, as they're faster than me, and I can't fight back effectively as they have huge armour, compared to the guns I have :(

Not much I can do but grind past it, but given how much fun I was having in the days prior, even with the same tanks, the last couple nights feel dreadful.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

mehall posted:

I started playing this at new years, and had great fun the first few nights, getting to Tier 4 quite quickly.
However, last night and tonight, I just seem incapable to do any real damage, I'm lucky if I kill a single enemy, and I inevitably find an enemy KV-1 or O-I Exp who will gladly blow me up. I can't run, as they're faster than me, and I can't fight back effectively as they have huge armour, compared to the guns I have :(

Not much I can do but grind past it, but given how much fun I was having in the days prior, even with the same tanks, the last couple nights feel dreadful.

What tanks are you playing?

Also, WoT is a terribly simple yet overly complex game and as such there is a pretty huge learning curve due to lots of hidden poo poo.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

BadLlama posted:

What tanks are you playing?

Also, WoT is a terribly simple yet overly complex game and as such there is a pretty huge learning curve due to lots of hidden poo poo.

I've got the German D.W.2 and the StuG III B on the go, the Russian BT-7, whatever the tier 3 swedish TD is called (since it was free to buy thanks to the festive tree rewards) and I'm pootling about in some British Arty too. I can do a passable job with the arty, but sometimes you just don't get the shots, or an LT decides he knows where you are and nobody provides cover from your team because of course they don't.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

mehall posted:

I've got the German D.W.2 and the StuG III B on the go, the Russian BT-7, whatever the tier 3 swedish TD is called (since it was free to buy thanks to the festive tree rewards) and I'm pootling about in some British Arty too. I can do a passable job with the arty, but sometimes you just don't get the shots, or an LT decides he knows where you are and nobody provides cover from your team because of course they don't.

HAHAHA THE DW2. Oh man, I'm so sorry.

Protip: Go USSR or US heavies as your first lines. Otherwise you'll wind up in a stinker like the DW2 and quit playing forever.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

^^ Seconding this, American and Russian Heavies are pretty friendly for new players. Chinese Heavy line best heavy line though.

mehall posted:

For your stug just equip the derp gun (10.50 CM) and sling HE at things (This is a rare time where HE is okay) or load some premium HEAT rounds if you want against slightly armored tanks, don't be the tank in the front but also don't be all the way in the back. When you get the tier 5 stug you'll get a top gun with enough pen to reliably fight most tier 7's, your HP pool will just be poo poo.

For your other tanks I dunno, being a new player and in tiers 1-4 is pretty lovely.

Reading http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics#Aiming may help some too. If you don't have tank autism and don't read that whole thing that fine.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Jan 5, 2017

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

McGavin posted:

Protip: Go USSR or US heavies as your first lines. Otherwise you'll wind up in a stinker like the DW2 and quit playing forever.

Or the US mediums to the patton, I enjoyed that whole line iirc

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

McGavin posted:

Hey come on, the DW2 is perfectly fine and is in fact the best tier 4 heavy. When you shoot all APCR, have full equipment loadout and 100% crew with at least two skills so that you can have Sixth Sense, Repairs and Safe Stowage. None of which a new player could have or afford.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Azhais posted:

Or the US mediums to the patton, I enjoyed that whole line iirc

US and USSR mediums would be my second choices. Meds are a bit more difficult for a new player to play well than the "point front towards enemy" play style of heavies.

Hellsau posted:

Hey come on, the DW2 is perfectly fine and is in fact the best tier 4 heavy. When you shoot all APCR, have full equipment loadout and 100% crew with at least two skills so that you can have Sixth Sense, Repairs and Safe Stowage. None of which a new player could have or afford.

Also true.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

McGavin posted:

US and USSR mediums would be my second choices.

Until the T-54 and you need 200k xp just to unlock the basic modules and like 800k to elite it :argh:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

So is the VK 30.01 H not worth keeping grinding towards?

I like the StuG a lot, for RL reasons, so sticking with that (and once I get to the Tier V, the gun should be a bit less anemic)

I do also have the Vickers Medium III, grinding towards the Matilda, which I forgot to mention as it's the one I play the least.

But yeah, I'm now basically thinking I should head for a KV-1.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Hellsau posted:

Hey come on, the DW2 is perfectly fine and is in fact the best tier 4 heavy.

False. Matilda, still best Tier 4 Heavy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Dalaram posted:

I think you mean B1 actually.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Dalaram posted:

We all know the Matilda is a medium and should therefore flank, just like the Valentine is a light tank and therefore should scout and the FV304 is an arti so it should hide in the very back corner. That's just science.

BadLlama posted:

I think you mean B1 actually.

The B1 loving wishes it got 130 gold pen.

mehall posted:

The VK 30.01H is an adequate heavy that's absolute dogshit stock and takes like 20-30 thousand XP just go get up to adequate, while being nearly incapable of damaging enemy tanks for much of that. I heavily suggest going for the KV-1 or T1 Heavy first (USSR and US tier 5 heavies.)

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

mehall posted:

I like the StuG a lot, for RL reasons, so sticking with that (and once I get to the Tier V, the gun should be a bit less anemic)

I do also have the Vickers Medium III, grinding towards the Matilda, which I forgot to mention as it's the one I play the least.

But yeah, I'm now basically thinking I should head for a KV-1.
The KV-1 to IS-7 line is fairly friendly at every point. The US medium line has one big problem (the M3 goddamn Lee), but is good after that and also allows you to bypass the earlier american heavies and go straight to the best T7 heavy (t29).

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Please insert link of that one goon with 5,000+ Lee games.

And Yeah the B1 isn't actually very good at all, unless you are driving the nazi one that only sees tier 4.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I am also a Lee apologist because its DPM is loving ridiculous. I will admit that it's very newbie unfriendly though.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Snapshotted the turret of that loving french loving bullshit armour tank and killed him and it felt really good.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Yo Steelion, turns out the reason I crashed last time we platooned wasn't the KV-3 hitting me so hard that my computer felt it. I just tried playing a game, the first game since last time I tried, and my drivers crashed so hard that it took my system down and rebooted with literally no graphics driver detected installed.

Most people would take that as a sign not to play this lovely game but I'm pretty stupid.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I've got a VK 30.01 H since I was halfheartedly grinding towards the tier 9 and 10 mediums and it's got a nice gun I guess but gently caress I wish it could move just a little bit better. Now that there's better top tier mediums around I just play it when there's a 3x or 5x event on. Also I hardly ever play HT's but I bought the T29 last night after having it unlocked since forever cause I got enough free exp to get the tracks and turret, and already have the 90mm and top engine unlocked from the medium line. Now all I need is another loving 2.5 million tankbux for equipment :( .
Tier 4 is the worst tier, unless you use nothing but a SU-85B.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Snapshotted the turret of that loving french loving bullshit armour tank and killed him and it felt really good.

My checkbook is waiting for them to sell that mother fucker again.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Hellsau posted:

Yo Steelion, turns out the reason I crashed last time we platooned wasn't the KV-3 hitting me so hard that my computer felt it. I just tried playing a game, the first game since last time I tried, and my drivers crashed so hard that it took my system down and rebooted with literally no graphics driver detected installed.

Most people would take that as a sign not to play this lovely game but I'm pretty stupid.

RIP. And I thought my internet connection was trying to tell me something, at least it hasn't caused my ethernet cable to catch fire.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

BadLlama posted:

What tank is that?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What tank is that?

Assumed he is talking about this http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Tank:F74_AMX_M4_1949

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

BadLlama posted:

I'm just jealous i bought an IS-6 instead of that one.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What tank is that?
AMX M4 mle. 49 aka broken POS.

quote:

insane frontal hull armor can bounce T10 tanks reliably
Good gun depression combined with the 250 mm of turret armor makes this tank practically invincible

serious gaylord posted:

I'm just jealous i bought an IS-6 instead of that one.
Me too :qq: I bought my IS-6 just before they were released. Having said that the IS-6 is loving glorious on it's day got my first top gun in it last night with over 4K damage done and still didn't get mastery. There are clearly some superior IS-6 drivers out there. Setting a King Tiger on fire twice was an added fun bonus.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Oh i have some really fun games in the IS-6 and I do like it never sees Tier 10's, but it does really seem like against 'newer' premiums its really sub par. Like the AMX M4 can reliably pen it front on, and the recent buffs to the WZ111 and Lowe make those tanks harder to face too.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

When you get the eye icon saying "spotted" in green at the bottom of the screen (stock UI) does that mean you've spotted someone or that you have been spotted yourself?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
It means you spotted someone else. You need the Sixth Sense perk to get the alert for the enemy spotting you.

They should really just make it a default feature instead of needing a perk. That's how it is in Armored Warfare and it's plain better that way.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I wish the lightbulb would stay up as long as you are spotted :(

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Azhais posted:

Until the T-54 and you need 200k xp just to unlock the basic modules and like 800k to elite it :argh:

On the other hand, it's a T-54, so it's amazing and the eliting cost doesn't matter, especially since you're unlocking two great T10 tanks from a single T9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

This campaign, is it going to end? I would rather like that t-55a.