Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dylan McKay posted:

the boys making some sweet bank trolling retards

Thread title plz mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Giga Gaia posted:

Me, personally, I loved this video.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
That girl's video was pretty good and the RLM podcast owned. Why do people star wars so hard? Let me tell you in this paragraph how much I don't care:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao mike cracking up at "chinese man" and having to hide behind the mug

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Personally, in my view, Star Wars is a dumpster fire

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
kinda a ripoff that its called star WARS but we opnly ever really saw the one war anbd then a bunch of lil skirmishes.

star scuffle even has a better ring to it, in fact they should jhave made the death star a big ring that got its power from hula hooping around a planet and just smushing it up

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

bring back old gbs posted:

kinda a ripoff that its called star WARS but we opnly ever really saw the one war anbd then a bunch of lil skirmishes.

star scuffle even has a better ring to it, in fact they should jhave made the death star a big ring that got its power from hula hooping around a planet and just smushing it up

Rogue One: A Star "Police Action" Story

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

bring back old gbs posted:

Make it a roadhouse and we have a deal.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

monster on a stick posted:

Make it a roadhouse and we have a deal.

Star Wars: A Red Dawn Story

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I guess RLM is grumpy old men now.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I liked that video. And that video of the lady who isn't in RLM. Everything in this thread is super great.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Krinkle posted:

I liked that video. And that video of the lady who isn't in RLM. Everything in this thread is super great.

:agreed:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ceaselessfuture posted:

In one of their older Plinkett reviews (the Abrams Star Trek one, I think), they made fun of the audience for being popcorn eating, pop-swilling masses that want explosions and lens flares. Maybe I'm putting words into RLM's mouth but I think they're criticizing one aspect of a total audience -- ie, the easily influenced, mass-consuming, uncritical fanboys of both franchises that, instead of making their subjects deeper, richer and more interesting, are actually bringing them down with their lack of standards. The two Star Wars nerds bowing at the release of the Phantom Menace is another example. That blatant stupidity helps no one and just comes off as really pathetic.

Whether or not this is a good tactic is open for debate, but I think they're definitely focusing in on a particular type of fan and not "everyone that liked Rogue One."

but then again maybe they really fuckin hated it and actually think everyone that liked it is an idiot
They are basically a funnier version of CD, especially since they also don't think dumb outright banal stuff like Transformers are these secret masterpieces of art and vison. Oh and they also don't think Marvel movies are our version of Triumph of the Will and 30s German films that showed the rise of Nazism and Fascism

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

achillesforever6 posted:

They are basically a funnier version of CD, especially since they also don't think dumb outright banal stuff like Transformers are these secret masterpieces of art and vison. Oh and they also don't think Marvel movies are our version of Triumph of the Will and 30s German films that showed the rise of Nazism and Fascism

I'm fine with thinking those things, especially since the OP of the cd transformers thread is really nice about his opinions. But look back in the thread history and there's some reeeeeaaaally bizarre lovely fights in it.

It's that CD people can be so hostile to any outside opinions and act like if you don't hold SMG and K Waste's exact opinions you are an anti-intellectual oppressing them. You MUST hold the Star Wars Prequels as high cinema for the exact reasons SMG said to or you are both stupid and bad at watching movies and you probably like to "turn off your brain".

I haven't even peaked in Blockbuster Video because I feel like it's probably going to be the same crowd and they're probably going to still just keep being that way.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hemingway To Go! posted:

I'm fine with thinking those things, especially since the OP of the cd transformers thread is really nice about his opinions. But look back in the thread history and there's some reeeeeaaaally bizarre lovely fights in it.

It's that CD people can be so hostile to any outside opinions and act like if you don't hold SMG and K Waste's exact opinions you are an anti-intellectual oppressing them. You MUST hold the Star Wars Prequels as high cinema for the exact reasons SMG said to or you are both stupid and bad at watching movies and you probably like to "turn off your brain".

I haven't even peaked in Blockbuster Video because I feel like it's probably going to be the same crowd and they're probably going to still just keep being that way.

I got called a sociopath for saying that movies should give you a reason to care about characters in the superhero movie thread

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I still don't understand how CD doesn't realize they are a laughing stock everywhere that is not CD.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Hemingway To Go! posted:

Eh I've been on it and its fine, some nice conversations on movies I liked as kid like The Sandlot and Holes and the Brenden Frasier Mummy movies/The Scorpion King

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LOL Nerd crew. Good laughs. Loved the execution making it the other side of the coin to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDE6ER5P53k

Guy Goodbody posted:

I got called a sociopath for saying that movies should give you a reason to care about characters in the superhero movie thread
LOLWUT.

What is the deal with CD and SMG? He just makes poo poo up out of whole cloth reading poo poo that just isn't there, capable of filling an A4 page on the communism of a hand grenade being thrown through a window or some other poo poo.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Awesome, another video about star wars I can ignore.

Holidays are over fuckers, wheres some real content?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
"They're learning what the fans want is for darth vader to hack people to death with a lightsabre" :haw:

Good sendup of podcasters, I enjoyed it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Every time they find a new way to poo poo on godawful internet critics I love them more.

God bless everyone at RLM except Josh.

(p.s. cined is hella gay)

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Rogue One is why you don't see war movies in the Fast and the Furious cinematic universe. It's why you don't see anything but dumb Fast and the Furious movies in the Fast and the Furious Cinematic Universe. It's because dumb movies is all it is good for.

It does have good dumb fun movies in it.

As far as I'm concerned, for as long as Star Wars remains a thing I'm forced to pay attention to, I want to see RLM take the piss out of it. And as soon as something else comes up (not likely soon, after all, gently caress you, it's January) I expect they will move on.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I really hope they HitB Resident Evil 6

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I really hope they HitB Resident Evil 6

Don't get me wrong, the Resident Evil movies are trash, but I am actually looking forward to RE6. They are very entertaining, its like a high budget B movie and its pretty self aware of how awful it is. They are a Bad in a much different way than something like Batman V Superman is bad.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still holding out a tiny bit of hope for Episode 8 to be good, but i have less hope than I did a year ago. Force Awakens has good characters but the plot was just a retread of New Hope. Goddamn the "STar Killer" pisses me off almost as much as midichlorians; it's SUCH a stupid idea. But the characters were good and i would be interested in seeing more adventures. But after seeing Rogue One, i have less hope. R1 was entertaining in the theater but it didnt blow me away, and it wasnt as good as TFA. And both it and TFA had too much fan service and seemed to coast too much on nostalgia (all the x-wings and tie fighters; the plot of TFA basically being Episode 4 with some tweaks) rather than developing their own stories and being more unique. When i first saw TFA, I figured that Disney deliberately made it an okay "crowd pleaser" that didnt take chances so that they could get people to like Star Wars again, and that once they win people over they can do weirder, more unique and original storylines. But after seeing Rogue One, it looks like all the new Star Wars movies are going to "play it safe" and stick as close as possible to the originals, because Disney is protecting the property and doesnt want to piss people off like the Prequels did. We're just going to keep getting more x-wings and tie fighters and the same Empire vs Rebellion conflict.

I know some people are going to say "But whats wrong with the tie fighters and x-wings in R1, it takes place just before Ep4 so it makes sense???", but that's the thing: Disney decided to make this story among all the other possible ideas and directions they could have gone with for a stand-alone movie. Why do we need a movie about how the Death Star plans got stolen? Same reason why they went with the Star Killer idea for Force Awakens, and why the galaxy seems to be in the same political position (Big bad empire vs plucky good rebels) since the original trilogy even though its been 30 loving years: because its what the fans want. People HATED the prequels and all the weird poo poo in those movies, so Disney played it safe and are making the new movies as much like the Originals as possible. More tie fighters, more x-wings, use the original cast (or their likenesses) as much as possible, make the storylines and plots as much like the originals as possible, make these movies look and feel as much like the originals as possible, stay as close as possible to the Original Trilogy.

I was actually pleasantly surprised that they had Jimmy Schmidt back as Leia's adoptive dad, since he was in the prequels and i figured Disney would try to ignore those as much as possible. Maybe we'll get Ewan McGregor as a Force Ghost Obi-Won??? That'd be cool.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I read that Ewan McDonald said he'd be Owi Wan again if Disney paid him enough and had a passable script.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
has Alec Guinness hinted at reprising his role as a force ghost?

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

dreezy posted:

has Alec Guinness hinted at reprising his role as a force ghost?

drat, now that you've said that I'm betting thats what Disney ends up doing: making a CGI clone of Alec Guinness the same way they did with Peter Cushing and 1977-era Carrie Fisher.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The RE movies are highly entertaining "competently" made bad in a good way movies. There are poo poo movies like the on in the prison which was just ?!?!?! bad. I am definitely going to see RE6 in the cinemas and poo poo you not I am going to get my moneys worth of insanity and laughs. That Ada cosplay was incredible and I am normally repulsed by Bei Ling. Her character in Crank 2 was almost a vomit inducing combination.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUPaxgIo98

The Prequels were poo poo because they were incompetently made poo poo with poo poo everything, not because they didn't have X-Wings(They used light sabres everywhere instead). The Prequels might be seen better had they been entertaining, but it fails that hard.

Having Jimmy Schmidt show out in R1 is a nice cameo and I wouldn't read too much more into it. The Prequels will be there unless Disney decides to gently caress it and make their own prequels to override them.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Giga Gaia posted:

Me, personally, I loved this video.

naem
May 29, 2011

I'm oxygenating my womb space

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

naem posted:

I'm oxygenating my womb space

:same:

I Am A Robot
Jul 1, 2006

Dylan McKay posted:

the boys making some sweet bank trolling retards

The best are all the comments implying they should stop because they've discussed it "too much" already

And yet this is one of their best videos ever

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I Am A Robot posted:

The best are all the comments implying they should stop because they've discussed it "too much" already

And yet this is one of their best videos ever

The funniest video outside of the plinket stuff was just them reading the darth vader wookipedia.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Universe Master posted:

The funniest video outside of the plinket stuff was just them reading the darth vader wookipedia.

I hadn't seen this before, and holy poo poo is that some dumb poo poo. I'm glad Disney nuked the EU, but they're just going to have some new lovely novelist go "What does the green button on the suit do?" and it'll all start up again.

loving Emperor Palpatine Surgical Reconstruction Center.

PostNouveau fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jan 6, 2017

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

I hadn't seen this before, and holy poo poo is that some dumb poo poo. I'm glad Disney nuked the EU, but they're just going to have some new lovely novelist go "What does the green button on the suit do?" and it'll all start up again.

That's where Vader lived in rogue one

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I will always enjoy RLM making GBS threads on youtube's herd of relentless promoter fanboy-critics.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Resident evil movies are super entertaining. I think the first one might be a tad boring but they just keep getting dumber and it's great, I think the clones all exploding in a big facility at the start of one was freaking hilarious.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
They're not very entertaining at all and all the action in them is bad

They are only entertaining if you truly enjoy spending 90 minutes giggling at bad scenes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PostNouveau posted:

"Budgetary Reasons".

• Locked thread