Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tender Bender posted:

Imagine being a normal person and enjoying Smash 4 and hearing that some other people are playing the GameCube game and wondering why the person telling you this is so flushed and out of breath.

Imagine being a person at a tourney playing literally anything and then a group of Melee fans approach your game and start loudly booing the event because it isn't melee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I heard some of the 'smashers' are also part- or full-time furries. If you don't know what that is do NOT google it at work.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Competitive Smash players are basically all Shmorkies without the artistic talent

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah this smasher I met in Pekin said he was super into lolicons. And I was like "lol icons? Yeah the forum I post on has a ton of those, we call them smiles" and he asked the name of the forum and I told him and he registered and his name is fulchrum.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

You guys play Double Dash right? That IS the best Mario Kart game after all... :colbert:

With all the new vehicle additions in the recent Mario Karts, I honestly don't see why they don't toss in the Double Dash tandem karts as an option and be done with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

greatn posted:

Yeah this smasher I met in Pekin said he was super into lolicons. And I was like "lol icons? Yeah the forum I post on has a ton of those, we call them smiles" and he asked the name of the forum and I told him and he registered and his name is fulchrum.

heh

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

online smashbros discussion is almost always insufferable, comp or not. The meltdowns over nearly every character reveal were insane

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

greatn posted:

lol

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Motto posted:

online smashbros discussion is almost always insufferable, comp or not. The meltdowns over nearly every character reveal were insane

i still remember that Reddit post where the guy who compare mewtwo not being on the launch roster to 9-11

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Motto posted:

I was surprised at how well the Wii Fit Trainer was accepted, I expected a ton of sexism and wii fit hate.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

^^^ i definitely saw some dudes mad at a casual game like wii fit getting a rep over obscure mario character #84

Cyron posted:

i still remember that Reddit post where the guy who compare mewtwo not being on the launch roster to 9-11

none of us will probably never be as happy as that guy must've been when the mewtwo dlc hit so who's really got all the answers

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I was surprised at how well the Wii Fit Trainer was accepted, I expected a ton of sexism and wii fit hate.

That raises a good point, will there be a Switch Fit?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cyron posted:

it why i feel competative smash players are the worst, they are turning a joyful fun game into shity evo garbage.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

sick

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

there was a ton of hate i remember some E3 coverage livestream raging about how wii fit trainer in smash bros is Nintendo being out of touch and it was said by a woman who looks like she be writing blogs on how Gone Home is a work of art.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Honestly, I could see it happening. All you really need is the Fit Board, the rest of the gamepad and Wiimote stuff is still there in the new Switch controllers and tablet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

no the console as home exercise platform movement is pretty dead. ms basically told their subscribers to get hosed and took down the workouts people had bought and shuttered the whole thing. nintendo could continue it if its big in japan but i don't think there's much demand around the world.
it was born out of the casual appeal of motion control consoles anyway, while switch deffo seems to be aiming at traditional gamers

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Motto posted:

The positive meltdowns were fun to wade in though. It's the negative meltdowns that can make things un-fun.

Like for about an hour or so following Wii Fit Trainer's reveal at that first E3 Smash 4 was shown off at some people were calling the character's inclusion a huge mistake and a "Waste of a slot." but almost all that negativity was immediately outweighed by the amount of people welcoming WFT into their life and drawing art of her stepping on them and other bizarre things.

Since other people have already mentioned WFT here's a thread from back when she was announced just for posterity's sake.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lotta good things about this gif

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cyron posted:

there was a ton of hate i remember some E3 coverage livestream raging about how wii fit trainer in smash bros is Nintendo being out of touch and it was said by a woman who looks like she be writing blogs on how Gone Home is a work of art.

What's people's problems with Wii Fit Trainer? Is her outfit too sexy?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The frame rate not being one. I can't even see what's happening.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

omg a kingdom hearts stage in smash??????m???

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wii fit is a game for the Unwashed Casual Masses, and including this wench in smash is an AFFRONT to me, the Smart, Empirical Gamer

youcallthatatwist fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 6, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Since other people have already mentioned WFT here's a thread from back when she was announced just for posterity's sake.

I just want to point out this post on the first page of that thread, because goddrat :allears:.

quote:

The most balanced character the series has ever seen.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Guy Goodbody posted:

it was still around that time where the video game industry bogyman was casuals ruining gaming with wii sports and farmvile, and was before the boogyman became woman.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Goodbody posted:

no one has any gripe with her, people backlashed because "mUh Smash roster :byodood:" but then a ton more chars got announced and her moveset looked cool so it was cool

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Goodbody posted:

She took valuable slot space away from potential characters like Mamu the Singing Frog.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The people who whined about WFT were probably the same people who whined about Cloud and Bayonetta anyways and thus do not deserve to have their voices heard and were rightfully smacked down when Nintendo turned King K. Rool into a Mii Fighter outfit.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

DalaranJ posted:

Switch better have a Captain Toad eSports game.

what a weird way to spell YoCo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope all of our favorite Nintendo first party series get good new installments on the Nintendo Switch

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
wft is one of my favorite sm4sh characters, wonky hitboxes and all.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Smash players are all wrong and stupid because they're not playing Guilty Gear

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

none of us will probably never be as happy as that guy must've been when the mewtwo dlc hit so who's really got all the answers

He posted a joyous update which included the phrase "today, we are all mewtwos".

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Tender Bender posted:

He posted a joyous update which included the phrase "today, we are all mewtwos".

I still use that phrase to indicate that things are amazing.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Pomp posted:

Smash players are all wrong and stupid because they're not playing Guilty Gear

It'd be pretty cool if they put Robo-Ky in Smash

not anybody else, though

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

i couldn't remember if that phrase actually happened or if my brain made it up when that guy got mentioned

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

in seven days we will all be mewtwo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Brother Entropy posted:

in seven days we will all be mewtwo

Somebody should probably open a new thread on the day of the announcement. This one's kinda silly

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

mew has come two

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Blazing Zero posted:

im going to be a splatoon refresh champion and im not going to let soap and water slow me down

I'm sorry but you still have to shower.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

codenameFANGIO posted:

I still use that phrase to indicate that things are amazing.

Isn't Mewtwo a villain

• Locked thread