Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Korver was just talking yesterday about how the one downside to an NBA career is the lack of stability, so I guess he was hinting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Korver puts up about 10 on less than 30 minutes a night with good shooting numbers. He's still mostly got it. Probably better than the Richard Jeffersons and Mike Millers he's propped up in the past.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Also how big of an rear end in a top hat will Bogut be in order to get moved? Who will want him?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Please do not send Millsap to San Antonio like that guy said, we don't need any more killers in the southwest division

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I had like, JUST made a Kyle Korver in XCOM like yesterday and now I have to turn him into Hulk Hogan or something

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

NickRoweFillea posted:

Please do not send Millsap to San Antonio like that guy said, we don't need any more killers in the southwest division

send him to the rockets :twisted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Aren't the Spurs set at that position with LMA anyway?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

MourningView posted:

During his last big free agency drama I really wanted LeBron to sign with the Hawks just to see if Korver could have a season where he shot like 70% from 3
Now he'll receive the ball not only wide open but also with the seams just the way he likes. But. What does this mean for JR Smith...?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

WhyteRyce posted:

Dwight Howard claims another team

How can we stop this dwightmare?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Ramadu posted:

How can we stop this dwightmare?

Send him to the Warriors to destroy the team from within

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I had like, JUST made a Kyle Korver in XCOM like yesterday and now I have to turn him into Hulk Hogan or something

THis is actually a super cool idea. Someone should recreate the league in Xcom 2 so Lebron can save us from the alien menace.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i just had a thought portland were the ones to offer kanter the max imagine how much worse the trailblazers defense would be if okc didn't match. lillard cj kanter in one lineup jesus

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

:(

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
tfw you have to change your handsome sharpshooter to a roided racist orange man

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Metapod posted:

i just had a thought portland were the ones to offer kanter the max imagine how much worse the trailblazers defense would be if okc didn't match. lillard cj kanter in one lineup jesus

Still better than that Evan Turner contract

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NickRoweFillea posted:

tfw you have to change your handsome sharpshooter to a roided racist orange man

Goodnight HAWKAMANIACS and jabronie marks without a life that don't know it a work when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot,marks

KK

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Korver is not better than JR Smith healthy, come on guys. JR was good in the finals because he can actually guard reasonably well among their wings while still being an elite shooter.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

https://twitter.com/RKalland/status/817185269153722370

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/treyzingis/status/817193230328614912

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"

Tae posted:

Korver is not better than JR Smith healthy, come on guys. JR was good in the finals because he can actually guard reasonably well among their wings while still being an elite shooter.

Yeah but can you imagine if they had both

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

Would Atlanta take Okafor and nine second rounders?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/DerekStepan/status/817174377397633024

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Yeah but can you imagine if they had both

You're leaving out one of TT, Irving, Love.

The weird thing to say is that Richard Jefferson is their "Lebron is tired, guard Durant" guy because no one else is that size at the wing.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

tanglewood1420 posted:

Would Atlanta take Okafor and nine second rounders?

https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/817196993021902848

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The 3pt line is bad for the league and by league i mean the team i root for my column

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings trading what meager assets they have for a half season rental of Milsap would be peak Sacramento. Although they didn't do that for Gasol so maybe they are just sniffing around for a bargain

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Declan MacManus posted:

Korver puts up about 10 on less than 30 minutes a night with good shooting numbers. He's still mostly got it. Probably better than the Richard Jeffersons and Mike Millers he's propped up in the past.

Teams slowed him down by playing him really aggressively all the time, on the Cavs, that's not really an option and is a reason why JR had so many wide open threes in the playoffs. Seems like a smart trade

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings trading what meager assets they have for a half season rental of Milsap would be peak Sacramento. Although they didn't do that for Gasol so maybe they are just sniffing around for a bargain

Didn't that deal only fail because the Bulls said no

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

Didn't that deal only fail because the Bulls said no

The last time we had this exact conversation Bulls fans kept referencing an article that clearly said the pieces being discussed are, not Gay, McLemore, and a first for Gasol and Snell were offered by the Kings and was rejected.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
What does New Orleans have to trade? Buddy?! Not buddy....

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

The three point line has ruined basketball

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

The 3pt line is bad for the league and by league i mean the team i root for my column

Rudy Gobert is much less likely to block a three pointer so I strongly agree

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mandrel posted:

The three point line has ruined basketball

Agreed, let's fix it with a 4 point line

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

we probably are only going to see JR and Korver on the floor when one of Love/Irving rests, and Lebron doesn't, and even then it doesn't make sense against most teams, because JR is too small to guard any real 3s and Korver can't guard anyone.

What this does mean is that instead of Having to play some combination of shumpert/liggins/Felder for like 25 minutes in the playoffs, they can now play Kyle Korver. That's huge .

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

https://twitter.com/SBNationNBA/status/817204470237036545

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Faried isnt on the bench and isnt injured for the zecond straight game :(

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
The creation of the three point line must have been insanely controversial when it happened, right? Is there any good reading on this? I'm young enough that basketball has always had a three point line but I can't imagine how ridiculous that idea would seem if I grew up playing without one.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Ramadu posted:

THis is actually a super cool idea. Someone should recreate the league in Xcom 2 so Lebron can save us from the alien menace.

It's xcom so like LeBron will die on the first turn and the sacrificial lamb Austin Rivers will end up being our savior.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
We gave up 20 points to Kemba in the fourth but this was almost our death
https://twitter.com/world_wide_wob/status/817205878587723777

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Artic Puma posted:

The creation of the three point line must have been insanely controversial when it happened, right? Is there any good reading on this? I'm young enough that basketball has always had a three point line but I can't imagine how ridiculous that idea would seem if I grew up playing without one.

I'm not sure anyone really knew what a game changer it was going to be at the time. It started in the ABA and was mostly seen as a weird gimmick for a long time. Teams didn't really start treating it like a legitimate weapon until like the mid-90s, and it really exploded after the Seven Seconds or Less Suns. That team was really the template for most modern offenses

• Locked thread