Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SelenicMartian posted:

If the 'verse is of infinite possibilities would I be able to recreate this inventory listing there? It can be in a crate.

I'm trying to actually read this list, and I'm not sure if the items are non-English and I'm missing something.

T-remover?
Er.. an army??
A May?
A... member?

That's what I've gotten from it. I'm sure it's probably nutty ramblings but I like to play games too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

There is a 2001 'Jupiter & Beyond the Infinite' vibe to the Star Citizen debug area that I quite dig

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

There will be more, but it will never be enough to stop the train. CIG not releasing 3.0 is more profitable than if they did.

Probably the best part of these messages will be that these people, despite being aware of the presence of people who already say this, will act as if they came up with these realizations themselves. There will be extra points if they even unknowingly quote Derek or Beer4TheBeerGod and act as if it's their own words. Somewhere in their subconscious they are aware, but the conscious part of them refuses to believe the suggestion. Unless of course if they have it on their own.

It's sort of like how Chris Roberts has "ideas". Like how he invented the sandworm all by himself.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Samizdata posted:

Look, man, whales are mammals, not fish.

That explains why Sandi is a marine biologist.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, his animation partner is Murtaugh.

I'm too old for this poo poo.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

:discourse: :gizz:

+

:sweep:
:dong:

+

:livintrope: :gizz:

+

:salt:
:flaccid:

= immature Kosumo

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
This is more of a complete game than SC.

https://youtu.be/-8cA5mU59uI

Which gives me an idea. CIG should just dump all the ships into their tiny little space box, add sliders for all their "physics" values, solidify a 16 player environment, then release the best drat space version of garry's mod. That's really the only way they salvage what little they've accomplished before it all goes tits up.

Edit: Goat Simulator Star Citizen Edition

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

one of the first things that got leaked was about the "realistic" damage model being completely thrown out/gutted

a lot of peeps were all but but but we saw it in action it EXISTS so how can it be gone????

lol

This is the best part of CIG.

They've somehow gotten to a point where if they show a pre rendered or in engine cinematic, that system exists and is fully developed on a "secret build". It's like despite being bamboozled for the past 5 years, the desperate need to believe is so strong that the game is in this constant state of "almost done!"

I used to care about people getting trapped in this scam, but it's really just funny now. If The Roberts wasn't such a cold dick, I'd cheer him on. So I'm split between wanting to see these crazy people lose a lot because of stupidity, and The Roberts finally get what he deserves for being a lying cheat.

In any event, I wonder if these guys buy RPGMaker games that have a sweet rear end opening cinematic and then just know that the underlying game they actually play is just hiding that cool stuff until they unlock a certain aspect of the game. The photorealistic 3D models and huge explosions and stuff are just hiding around the next 64x64 grass tile set and your 15 pixel tall anime avatar from a free art pack is just moments away from transforming! :ohdear:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Doesn't matter. We will have 100 systems to explore. It's a stretch goal after all.

I love this too. And that people think that there will be huge areas of unexplored area and planets will hide huge secret bases waiting for you to intrepidly discover. :allears:

It's me, player 2,978,042, who has found the long missing system #100 sixteen months after the game was released! :smuggo:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

What's Cinder?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Richie Stardust posted:

I also have a farm with miniature goats and miniature people.

But I don't have a constellation :negative:

I approve of your situation, friend! :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

or I could just not do any of that and play it on the ps4 in like six months

nerds

:hfive:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Ho Lee Cow!! Thargoids first contact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slbWLXIpCv8

All 3 videos in one

That was p rad :) I'm glad I didn't space truck for 300 hours to never hit that event chain!

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.
I absolutely love how they yank you out of witch space just as original Elite, all those years ago.

Tiny bit more atmospheric, perhaps.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Counting down towards Shillizens cries of better aliens in 3...2...1

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Titanic posted:

I'm trying to actually read this list, and I'm not sure if the items are non-English and I'm missing something.

T-remover?
Er.. an army??
A May?
A... member?

That's what I've gotten from it. I'm sure it's probably nutty ramblings but I like to play games too.
http://emshort.com/counterfeit_monkey/

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Arms_Akimbo posted:

This is more of a complete game than SC.

https://youtu.be/-8cA5mU59uI

Which gives me an idea. CIG should just dump all the ships into their tiny little space box, add sliders for all their "physics" values, solidify a 16 player environment, then release the best drat space version of garry's mod. That's really the only way they salvage what little they've accomplished before it all goes tits up.

Edit: Goat Simulator Star Citizen Edition

Half way into the video and it is still boring. How do you make car crashes boring?

EDITED: The whole video was boring. The whole loving thing.

Sillybones fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jan 6, 2017

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.
I didn't say it was exciting. Just that it was more of a game than SC. Which should say something.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sillybones posted:

Half way into the video and it is still boring.
http://i.imgur.com/HPveNwb.mp4

http://i.imgur.com/IFqtN7n.mp4

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The Titanic posted:

What's Cinder?

Tinder for commandos, maybe?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

*edit* oh snap! I earned another AV from somebody!

That av is crunk as poo poo

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

his nibs posted:

I still find it amazing that after 4 years development CiG haven't nailed down the flight model on a spaceship game

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.twitch.tv/seebotschat

Watch 2 robots talk about life, and emo music.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

I think people should be allowed to hunt any animal they want, but they have to do it with the same weapons the animal has. Want to hunt moose? Hold still while we strap these antlers to your head. Lions? Hope you're planning to grow out your fingernails and sharpen your teeth.

Actually, what I'd really support is a large area of land, devoid of any fauna whatsoever, where anyone who goes in can hunt and be hunted by anyone else who goes in. Basically, I want The Running Man to be a real thing.

Get literary and go to the source, old son. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh_Victim

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

TheAgent posted:

yeah but then I have to sit in front of my computer with a controller like chris roberts

no thanks

Steam Link is/was $20 and works extremely well.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Lime Tonics posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/seebotschat

Watch 2 robots talk about life, and emo music.

this is incredible

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I was reading an article on the new Eve Online expansion and noticed something familiar in the comments:

I just can't quite put my finger on where I've heard this before...
:gary:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I mean, he's correct. You can grind your eyes out or you can play smart and still have more ISK than the guy grinding.

But EVE is a very different game.

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

I mean, he's correct. You can grind your eyes out or you can play smart and still have more ISK than the guy grinding.

But EVE is a game.
fixed

also those two chatbots omg

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Lack of Gravitas posted:

fixed

also those two chatbots omg

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

What's Cinder?

https://libcinder.org/

quote:

Cinder is a C++ library for programming with aesthetic intent - the sort of development often called creative coding. This includes domains like graphics, audio, video, and computational geometry. Cinder is cross-platform, with official support for OS X, Windows, iOS, and WinRT.

Cinder is production-proven, powerful enough to be the primary tool for professionals, but still suitable for learning and experimentation.

Cinder is released under the 2-Clause BSD License.

:shrug:

I would not be surprised in the slightest.

Sabreseven fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jan 6, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
TheAgent confirms one of my leaks: Chris Roberts removing himself from the project to allow himself to "focus more on rewrites and mocap (again)" is really a plot by Chris to slowly remove himself from the limelight before disappearing entirely from Star Citizen/CIG/RSI/etcetc.

Expect to see him in a non-extradition country within the next 3 months, most likely some march break bollocks.

There are also rumours that Sandi is in the process of divorcing Chris, again. This one may not be true as they didn't remarry, to my knowledge. This is easily verifiably by the fact that Sandi never wears her ring. Also, lol, she's getting full custody.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
What, why? I bet he fucks like a horse and he weaves beautiful poetry with his every utterance. His Golden Hands are not just magic with a keyboard, you know? His seed can be considered nothing less than perfection. Any woman would be lucky to have him.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

TheAgent confirms one of my leaks: Chris Roberts removing himself from the project to allow himself to "focus more on rewrites and mocap (again)" is really a plot by Chris to slowly remove himself from the limelight before disappearing entirely from Star Citizen/CIG/RSI/etcetc.

Expect to see him in a non-extradition country within the next 3 months, most likely some march break bollocks.

There are also rumours that Sandi is in the process of divorcing Chris, again. This one may not be true as they didn't remarry, to my knowledge. This is easily verifiably by the fact that Sandi never wears her ring. Also, lol, she's getting full custody.

Since when did someone start leaking stuff to you?

Note, not saying you're wrong, though there's no realistic chance of Chris Roberts successfully distancing himself from Star Citizen, a Chris Roberts game by Chris Roberts.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Jobbo_Fett posted:

??????????

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Milky Moor posted:

??????????
0/10 not enough words for a milky post.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

omg the chatbots finally broke the ten minute "I love you" call and response.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

finally a voice of reason