Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat, my face was numb for six hours!

Never take anything for granted guys, especially having tactile sensation in your drat face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

As the Certified Oh Pee of this here chat thread, quit telling other people what to post about.

I highly approve of making GBS threads on Sears; them shuttering like 100 stores directly led to an influx of techs while I was working, which put the kibosh on the promotion I had previously been promised and led directly to me going back to school and getting out of that field altogether. Meanwhile, Eddie Galt Lampert bought himself a shiny new like $100M mansion down in Ft Lauderdale. I had been close to a minimal independent income, and it all got yanked away cause rich boy needed another house to not live in and yanked money from the company to do it.

Question: Why when I get a puncture is it always like 1 inch from the sidewall? I never get "oh yeah that's an easy fix", it's always "gently caress, I dunno if they'll be willing to patch that, it's pretty close." That and apparently I left both my factory lug wrench and the cross-type one I bought a while back at my mom's place, so now I'm waiting on a buddy to get here with his so I can put the spare on.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Holy poo poo for truth. I've had to explain to multiple guys root cause analysis and how to do it. Do they not teach this in Comp Sci? (I didn't go to school for Comp Sci, I went for Math and Physics)

I shouldn't have to show college grads how to debug. I'm the newb, not them.

I graduated in 2012 with my CS degree. I can't speak for all programs but I can safely say that they never really taught me how to test software. Not a word about security either.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mariooncrack posted:

I graduated in 2012 with my CS degree. I can't speak for all programs but I can safely say that they never really taught me how to test software. Not a word about security either.

Security is a big one I catch a lot of programmers on, I was a Network Security Analyst for 3 years, mostly just a firewall babysitter, but some programmers have bad habits when it comes to network traffic.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

CommieGIR posted:

Holy poo poo for truth. I've had to explain to multiple guys root cause analysis and how to do it. Do they not teach this in Comp Sci? (I didn't go to school for Comp Sci, I went for Math and Physics)

I work in QA, and about half the time I can figure out pretty much what is causing an issue and include that analysis in the defect before handing it to Dev. A good portion of the time they argue with me for quite a while about how whatever I tell them isn't possible, yet somehow, about 95% of the time, I end up being right. Doesn't matter, next time the cycle of arguing and trying to blame something else other than the code will start over again. It's a never ending cycle of having to prove to Dev that they are wrong, and it's not my data or my test case causing the issue, it really is a problem where they didn't meet the requirements.

Luckily I don't take it personally, and get some sort of twisted enjoyment out of the whole thing most of the time, and on those rare occasions where hey, it really was something stupid I did when testing, I have no problem manning up and taking that responsibility. Strangely none of the Devs seem to hate me, and some of them even go to lunch with me and the BA's on most days.

Edit: My favorite Dev response - "It works fine on my local!" :rolleyes:

The Locator fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 6, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

The Locator posted:

Until I can pull it fresh from Trunk and build and deploy on my machine, I won't send it to QA. I may be new to this, but I'm not putting broken poo poo into circulation if I can avoid it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

keykey posted:

The purchaser has just been named today too, Stanley Black & Decker. There goes my harbor freight craftsman dream company.. :(

Edit: hopefully they'll change their name to Stanley Black & Decker & Craftsman. :haw:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/sears-sells-craftsman-brand-to-stanley-black-decker-1483623215?client=ms-android-att-us

Hope I can still get the broken poo poo I have replaced (just a couple of screwdrivers.)

cursedshitbox posted:

hey you could have gone to UTI and promised a 75k/yr job, only to graduate making $10 an hour with the same student debt lolllllllll.

To help make America great again, 'm sure that Oberfuhrer Trump will abolish H1-b visas so that Americans can get tech jobs at a living wage rather than.... AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't finish!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Locator posted:

I work in QA, and about half the time I can figure out pretty much what is causing an issue and include that analysis in the defect before handing it to Dev. A good portion of the time they argue with me for quite a while about how whatever I tell them isn't possible, yet somehow, about 95% of the time, I end up being right. Doesn't matter, next time the cycle of arguing and trying to blame something else other than the code will start over again. It's a never ending cycle of having to prove to Dev that they are wrong, and it's not my data or my test case causing the issue, it really is a problem where they didn't meet the requirements.

Luckily I don't take it personally, and get some sort of twisted enjoyment out of the whole thing most of the time, and on those rare occasions where hey, it really was something stupid I did when testing, I have no problem manning up and taking that responsibility. Strangely none of the Devs seem to hate me, and some of them even go to lunch with me and the BA's on most days.

Not sure if that's embedding correctly. Sorry if it isn't.

CommieGIR posted:

Until I can pull it fresh from Trunk and build and deploy on my machine, I won't send it to QA. I may be new to this, but I'm not putting broken poo poo into circulation if I can avoid it.

Good on you, please don't break the build. My company has guidelines for checking in code that include not checking anything in and then leaving for the day or vacation. You should be around for at least an hour just in case you accidentally break the build.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mariooncrack posted:

Good on you, please don't break the build. My company has guidelines for checking in code that include not checking anything in and then leaving for the day or vacation. You should be around for at least an hour just in case you accidentally break the build.

The one time I checked in something broken, I test built from trunk and it failed, and I reverted the change to the previous branch before fixing it locally so no one could pull it.

But yeah, never build and walk. We have a little evil clown that our group passes around to whoever breaks the build, they get the clown.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Better sooner than later, dude. Healing time goes up by a lot with every year that passes.

He's not kidding, I had mine done last May and the pits in my lower gums where they had to dig around are still not filled all the way in.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Y'all should set up something like TravisCI or some other automagical CI service and make it build a branch and run some tests as a prerequisite to merging it into master.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Safety Dance posted:

Y'all should set up something like TravisCI or some other automagical CI service and make it build a branch and run some tests as a prerequisite to merging it into master.

We run a Jenkins test bench that builds and deploys to a server and then runs a series of automated tests against it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Lake effect snow on the way home. Driving for 2 hours when it usually takes me 15. Did some stress donuts before coming home.

Terminus Est
Sep 30, 2005

Motorcycle Miliitia

eighty-four merc posted:

Finally got a little snow to find out if I made a horrible mistake putting oversized light truck tires on this thing.

Turns out I made the right decision.

As the proud owner of a beat to poo poo 85 300D, what size wheels and tires you running on that magnificent wagon?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I got my wisdom teeth out at 19. I'm 25% evolved wherein I had just three. Two bottom came out easy, one on top had actually poked through which made it easier to extract. Didn't even have puffy cheeks and healed super easy.

My brother on the other hand? 100% evolved. No wisdom teeth at all. What a douche! :argh:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Had 2 wisdom teeth, went under completely and had them removed at 12-13. A+ would recommend.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
If you get just the right amount of snow you can drift all over the place with Eurobeat blasting from your stereo.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

ilkhan posted:

Had 2 wisdom teeth, went under completely and had them removed at 12-13. A+ would recommend.

That might have been a helpful recommendation about 40 years ago!

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

CommieGIR posted:

We run a Jenkins test bench that builds and deploys to a server and then runs a series of automated tests against it.

Which sounds nice, except it sounds like this doesn't prevent anyone from checking in broken code and "breaking the build". Otherwise you wouldn't have some clown party favor floating around for breaking the build.

We use Git/Gerrit primarily. You upload your code to Gerrit. You mark that you've tested it, and how. Then a teammate needs to review the change and mark that they agree. Finally a project owner reviews the change and approves it. Then the change gets pulled into our CI system for build, deploy, and test. Once it passes all of that, the change is merged. Only a project owner can directly check in code, and thats only ever used to bypass our CI for code we know will fail some test, but is an urgent fix. Such instances need to have several members of upper management approve it.

We might not test as much as we should, but no one has broken a build in the 7 years I've been around.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

The Locator posted:

I never thought I would say this, but that quote makes me so happy I moved into a solutions architect role. I still feel dirty working on the sales side of things.

CommieGIR posted:

That was my go to policy, but some places I worked thought it would make the Dev's lives way easier if they could make code pushes on their own! All it took was a dev pushing go on a production release at 4pm on a friday and walked out the door. About 20 minutes later, our pagers go crazy. Thankfully after that they decided to let me restrict ALL of the dev's access.

CommieGIR posted:

Jenkins was one of my favorite things. Did your poo poo pass the Jenkins test? No? gently caress off and fix your poo poo. No, I don't care that it worked locally.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

slurry_curry posted:

I never thought I would say this, but that quote makes me so happy I moved into a solutions architect role. I still feel dirty working on the sales side of things.

Give in to the darkness. Enjoy the fact that each and every one of your sales people treat the speech in Glengarry Glen Ross as a personal mantra. It pays better that way.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Brigdh posted:

Which sounds nice, except it sounds like this doesn't prevent anyone from checking in broken code and "breaking the build". Otherwise you wouldn't have some clown party favor floating around for breaking the build.

We use Git/Gerrit primarily. You upload your code to Gerrit. You mark that you've tested it, and how. Then a teammate needs to review the change and mark that they agree. Finally a project owner reviews the change and approves it. Then the change gets pulled into our CI system for build, deploy, and test. Once it passes all of that, the change is merged. Only a project owner can directly check in code, and thats only ever used to bypass our CI for code we know will fail some test, but is an urgent fix. Such instances need to have several members of upper management approve it.

We might not test as much as we should, but no one has broken a build in the 7 years I've been around.

The automated tests are targeted against what is being checked in by the dev. Every dev has to author a test and sign off on it passing.

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

CommieGIR posted:

The automated tests are targeted against what is being checked in by the dev. Every dev has to author a test and sign off on it passing.

So, pray tell, how does one check in broken code that breaks the build, if it has to pass automated testing? I'm seriously interested in knowing as perhaps you are doing something we could adopt.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Well I just blew $800 on kart parts from germany. :rip: my wallet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My girlfriend tried to get me to take the stupid Harry Potter house sorting test online and I refused because HP is loving stupid but she kept insisting and I said I was a man of science not magic so when she was in the shower I printed a bunch of PROPERTY OF STARK INDUSTRIES signs and stuck them on all her Harry Potter stuff and I don't think she's at all amused and also these painkillers are loving great.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Rhyno posted:

My girlfriend tried to get me to take the stupid Harry Potter house sorting test online and I refused because HP is loving stupid but she kept insisting and I said I was a man of science not magic so when she was in the shower I printed a bunch of PROPERTY OF STARK INDUSTRIES signs and stuck them on all her Harry Potter stuff and I don't think she's at all amused and also these painkillers are loving great.

So a ravenclaw, gotcha. :v:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

slurry_curry posted:

I hate sales and could never do it for a living. Tried it, sucked at it, and hated it.

slurry_curry posted:

That was my go to policy, but some places I worked thought it would make the Dev's lives way easier if they could make code pushes on their own! All it took was a dev pushing go on a production release at 4pm on a friday and walked out the door. About 20 minutes later, our pagers go crazy. Thankfully after that they decided to let me restrict ALL of the dev's access.

Heh, that wouldn't fly at all in my work. The Dev's only have limited access to production for trouble-shooting client issues, and then only if it gets escalated. The Dev's can only push to the Dev environment, and we don't take builds into QA until they've passed basic automated shake-out tests in the Dev environment. Of course plenty of 'new functionality' defects get through those basic tests into QA, where we find them and log the defects for fixing.

Our releases are on a fixed schedule because we are contractually obligated to all of our clients to release 30, 60, and 90 day bulletins with information about the upcoming release so that they can do any coding that they need to do on their side for any changes coming down the pipe in our release. The actual push to release is handled by a completely separate group, so for anything to get to production it has to go to the Dev environment, then get accepted and taken to QA, from there it gets deployed 30 days prior to release to the UAT environment so the clients can test all their code against it. Our internal QA testing including extensive automated regression continues right up until release day.

Any release because of defect fixes that has to go to production outside of the fixed release dates requires a big emergency release process that gets everyone's attention (because it requires their approval) all the way up to about the 2nd to last level of company management, therefore we do our best to avoid those, as senior management asks some pretty pointed and uncomfortable questions about how a defect that significant got through our process to production.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I've been using both the internet and computers for almost as long as I've been alive, always thought I'd end up working in a related field and in fact went to school for computer engineering. I won't go into a shitload of detail, but I dropped out before finishing due to a multitude of reasons. In fact, I think it's still somewhat expected of me (despite being 30 and lacking the resources or motivation) to be the next engineer with a degree and an iron ring because dad has a doctorate in EE.

I have no student debt, my housing costs amount to about $500/m. Aside from my HS diploma, I hold a forklift operator's license, which means that when print does die, I will likely have years of experience on a forktruck and be able to get a material handling job just about anywhere until they start requiring people with degrees in robotic material handling or something.

I digress.

Anyways, dropping out wasn't the bad life choice it can turn out to be for most because I took a $30k/y job at a startup in Toronto doing photomask layouts for analog and digital circuits (sepecifically a SERDES that we licensed out). Some companies call that position Layout Engineer, so in some way, I kinda did make it, though my title was Physical Designer (as were all the degreed engineers doing the same job I was). That company eventually got bought by Intel and my bad life choices lead me to eventually using my small share of that to acquire a house (2014) and two derelict trucks (2009 and 2011 iirc, respectively), in a "city" in bumfuck nowhere, ontario. This resulted in me having a small financial crisis and me applying for a call-in-as-needed $12/h factory grunt job for one of the world's largest printing companies in one of the (if not the) largest facilities on this continent.

I made $18k in 2015, barely scraped by thanks solely to my lack of mortgage payments, there were several multi-month periods I went without any income at all, I even considered selling the trucks, but my folks helped me out with my property taxes so I wouldn't have to. My personal debt during this time reached about $4000 and it was a constant source of sleepless nights for me. After 3 months of no work (summer 2015), I got a call from my boss asking me if I was interested in becoming part-time on-shift which meant more reliable hours (still call-in but priority over the flex pool I was in due to having an assigned shift). This included a basic benefits packaged, paid for by the company, and a nice little raise that put me at $12.62.

Then at the end of the year, I found out I qualified for a nice portion of the company profit share (which was literally 15% of my income for the year), got a stellar employee review, which a raise that put me north of $13, but before that even happened, I was informed I'd be getting promoted to part-time set-crew on a machine (priority over regular part-timers, it's a convoluted system), and ended up at $14.03/h. The nice thing was this also meant almost regular paycheques, at a whopping $900 after-tax, except during the summer, but instead of 3 months of no work, it was more like 1 month of 2 shifts and 1 month of 8 shifts. 2016 income, $28k, will get the majority of my income taxes back, mostly thanks to my absurd property taxes and the Liberal Government I Did Not Vote For.

Then our baler operator's heart stopped on his back porch at home, only a few months after he'd been promoted to the position after the sudden death of our previous baler operator. He survived, but whether or not he can return to work is still up in the air. In September, they posted a backup baler operator position, to cover until he returned since our existing backup operator also happens to run one of our somewhat more important machines. I got the job because I happen to have experience operating heavy machinery. Instant increase to $15.74/h, along with pay level increase from 1 to 2 that put me at $16.11/h and has me on a series of set raises until I hit $17.54/h over the next three years. Also, all level 2 and higher positions are fulltime, regardless of whether or not I'm needed as backup or on the machine I'm set-crew for, I am not a slave to call-ins anymore and I get 26 paycheques a year and my math says my before tax income, not including profit share or nightshift/weekend premiums, puts me just north of $35k projected fof 2017. I am now literally being paid more to drive a forklift and run necessary-for-production equipment than I was designing Integrated Circuits and maintaining perl scripts. Current job has essentailly zero supervision, can take breaks whenever I want, have a fridge, a comfy office chair, a desk, no computer, and all the paper scrap and paper dust you could possibly imagine.

Started in September of 2014, by September of 2016 I'd gotten 3 promotions and $4.11/h in raises. Every review I've had has been stellar and there's also talk about making me the full baler operator since it is unlikely our current one will be able to do the job with a pacemaker. Unfortunately that comes with no raise, no paylevel change, or anything, because the balers, despite being intrinsic to the operation of the plant, are considered non-essential because we don't generate revenue. I am somewhat worried that they're going to offer it to me, because most baler operators end up being in there forever and I'm worried I'll be stuck there until print finally dies making the $20/h my pay level tops out at. My debt is now about $2500, and going down steadily every payday, should be debt-free before I'm 31. Sure, my income is small, but my housing costs amount to less than a quarter of my new income, so yay!

Got a phone number on NYE too, I think, I think, I'm going to call it. :unsmith:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
My pay was locked at 9.60/hr since 2006, now it's locked at 10.75/hr until SEP 2017.

Thanks, Arizona!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Got a nice spicy pot of beans cooked up, and I have the last of my new years tamales reheating via steam right now. I'm going to bed with a full belly tonight.

Finally got my drat car legal again too. Kinda surprised my tow-happy apartments never slapped a tow sticker on it, but they haven't bothered my downstairs neighbor's car either (her registration expired at the end of November).

IOwnCalculus posted:

Ffffuuuuuuuck.

I still need to get my wisdom teeth yanked, which I am not looking forward to. :ohdear:

I woke up mid-yank. :stonk:

Novocaine and xylocaine do absolutely nothing for me either. My dentist screamed at me in front of my mother about me being a coke addict (apparently there's a cross tolerance). I had never done coke before at that point, but when I did eventually get into it, I got into it heavy. It took tons of it for me to even feel anything.

slurry_curry posted:

Yea, one of the implants I have to get this year is to replace I root canal I got ~4 years ago. The root has since cracked, so it needs to go. lovely part is, they have to pull the tooth, wait for it to heal, put in the implant, wait for it to heal then finally put the finished tooth on. Should be about 8 months start to finish according to my oral surgeon. At least its the tooth behind my k9 so its not super noticeable.

I thought I had a crown coming off a few months back. It was a tooth that I'd had a root canal on, and it felt loose.

.... the whole loving thing came out (including everything below the gum), crown still firmly attached. Thank gently caress it wasn't something in front, but it freaked me out pretty bad. I don't think there's even a gum left to put an implant in that particular spot now. :barf: I know I'm going to need pretty much all implants eventually, but my teeth were doing the breaking thing, not the "entire loving thing falls out" thing.

mariooncrack posted:

Not sure if that's embedding correctly. Sorry if it isn't.

FTFY

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Got a phone number on NYE too, I think, I think, I'm going to call it. :unsmith:

Yikes, dude. Isn't the CAD weak right now, making that $16 actually $12? For reference, the last in-n-out I was at had a sign on the door indicating that they were hiring burger flippers starting at $14 an hour. I'd bet your housing costs are significantly lower than ours are, though :v:

That said, I'm also trying to get into chip design. While there are plenty of job opportunities here, there are probably 100 applicants per position, so it's not easy.

If you've got that experience, I'd think your lack of degree wouldn't matter. Most of the job postings I've seen have said something like "degree or equivalent experience."

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

My pay was locked at 9.60/hr since 2006, now it's locked at 10.75/hr until SEP 2017.

Thanks, Arizona!

My only experience with AZ was a badass car wreck just outside pheonix last week.

I immediately wondered if you were there.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Thanks, Arizona!

Jesus Christ. My wife has been bitching heavily suggesting I go back to school so we're not living paycheck to paycheck anymore and we both make more than that, in a cheaper area, for doing what is probably a ton less work. I don't say this to be lovely or anything so if it comes off that way I apologize, but only to say how hosed things are for a lot of folks right now.

I'd love to go back to school and make more money (duh) but I honestly have no idea what I want to do and absolutely do not want to take on a ton of debt to figure it out.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
I ended a 10 year career makin 22bux an hour fixing scooter cars until i self immolated from office politics.

the best and worst was Alabama though. January of 2012, i was living in a hearse with no job. by the end of 2012, I was making 60 thou.

I'm back in college for a degree in robotics engineering, cause I want to build loving cylons...or toasters.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I wish, but nah. Last week was a bunch of nothing, and a trip to LA to take someone to medical rehab there (she rolled her car in that Thanksgiving wreck on the 10 south).

Buddy was in that Scottsdale PMT truck that took the officer that was shot in that Walmart, though.

Tonight we just took an inmate down to Florence prison, along with the requisite broken hips and 16 year old heroin psych patients.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I wish, but nah. Last week was a bunch of nothing, and a trip to LA to take someone to medical rehab there (she rolled her car in that Thanksgiving wreck on the 10 south).

Buddy was in that Scottsdale PMT truck that took the officer that was shot in that Walmart, though.

Tonight we just took an inmate down to Florence prison, along with the requisite broken hips and 16 year old heroin psych patients.

This was two trucks, one a Tacoma that lost its left bed side and tossed the tailgate about 50'. Was on the 10 just coming into pheonix from the west, 29th I think.

Literally the only traffic we hit from SD to east TX.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Thanks, Arizona!

Your whole profession needs a goddamn raise, that's almost criminal for the work you do.

I made $18k in 2013 as a baker.

I cleared $50k this year for vastly less effort.

Getting out of the job I loved but was killing me, and into monotonous computer janitor work again has worked out. I'm still pretty deeply in the hole though as all the medical issues I put off thanks to being too poor to do anything about them are catching up.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Thanks, Arizona!

Wait, dont you work in EMT?

That is outright loving criminal you get paid that lovely amount.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

CommieGIR posted:

And its only getting worse right now for IT, unfortunately. I'm moving more and more into the programming fields because Admin/Operations/Datacenter stuff is slowly evaporating, programming is really going to be the big driver for IT for the next decade or so.
I'm trying to work my way more towards the sysadmin and programming side but I don't even know where to start and I'm fairly stuck as a hardware guy as it stands right now. We had one admin that was giving me projects and things but he left for google so now I'm kind of lost. I have a fairly good grasp of unix/linux and day to day operations from helping out at other sites and could probably slot into a low level admin slot pretty easy at this point except I know almost zero programming outside of basic bash.

Rhyno posted:

:bravo:

Fermented Tinal posted:

Call that number, always call the number

Was lazy the other day, ordered some ice pops along with a bunch of other stuff on amazon the other day. Package arrived yesterday but was way lighter than it should have been, also box beat the hell and hastily re-taped closed. Open it up and no ice pops but Hilti fasteners worth a poo poo load more than what I ordered. Amazon refunded me and said to keep the wrong items, so what's going to be the best way to sell these things? https://www.technologylk.com/hilti-...FC2718M40R.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Wait, dont you work in EMT?

That is outright loving criminal you get paid that lovely amount.

No but you see you work 48 hours a week minimum so it's all worth it bluuurrrrggggghhhhhhh no you don't need a union what are you talking about fffaaaarrrrrtttt

• Locked thread