Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

karmicknight posted:

I'm glad you're keeping us updated, but I fear you are being a bit too blunt.

Ignore him. He's just being edgy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Iceclaw posted:

Ignore him. He's just being edgy.

You do have to admit he makes a sharp point.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

maswastaken posted:

He wasn't all that chill inside the arrow.

Annie interpreted him as aggressive, but from Kat's perspective he was handcuffed and kneeling. I bet he was all like "Hey Annie you dropped this! Annie! Annie! ANNIE! WHY ARE YOU RUNNING? ANNIE COME BACK YOU DROPPED THIS!"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That's hell of a forshadow.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Losing a hairclip did not foreshadow getting it back from a zombielf.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
All that was lost will now be returned.

...Sorry about your eyebrowfriend, girl.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That hairclip better have been like a dying mother gift because she lost it ten years ago and no one even noticed when she lost it to begin with.

That or it better not matter at all and elf guy is just nice, and Kat asks Annie about it and Annie says she picked it out of the garbage at the hospital and it wasn't even important.

ArgumentatumE.C.T. fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 6, 2017

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

ArgumentatumE.C.T. posted:

That hairclip better have been like a dying mother gift because she lost it ten years ago and no one even noticed when she lost it to begin with.

That or it better not matter at all and elf guy is just nice, and Kat asks Annie about it and Annie says she picked it out of the garbage at the hospital and it wasn't even important.

I think it's the same hair clip her mother wore

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Does she just not give a gently caress that one of her friends was just stabbed because of her plan? She's just looking good at the Zombelf like "thanks, I guess this day went perfectly after all" while everyone else, including the murder ghost, is concerned about Smitty.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I'm the aftermath, Smitty survives but is forever changed. They had to use one of his eyebrows to close the wound.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
I am terrified Jeanne is going to kill him. Kill another 'him', that is.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Elf boy starting to look pretty handsome

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Regy Rusty posted:

Elf boy starting to look pretty handsome

Just wait until he is fully reformed into Coyote, who is just there to be a dick.

Saturnine Aberrance
Sep 6, 2010

Creator.

Please make me flesh.

Dienes posted:

I am terrified Jeanne is going to kill him. Kill another 'him', that is.

She dropped her sword though, so we're going to be seeing some ghost-zombie boxing if that's the case.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Saturnine Aberrance posted:

She dropped her sword though, so we're going to be seeing some ghost-zombie boxing if that's the case.

She'll pull out a third, even smaller knife, hidden in her cloak.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Welp, glad that worked out well for everyone!

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Next update: Jeanne and Elfboy take Annie's hands, and everyone walks off into the sunset. Kat has a big smile on her face.

Smitty starts coughing up blood.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Smitty won't matter when Elf Zombie unites the entire forest for a revenge invasion and destroys the gently caress out of the court

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

If Jeanne's boyfriend can regenerate like this, there's perhaps a chance he can heal Smitty.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Potato Salad posted:

If Jeanne's boyfriend can regenerate like this, there's perhaps a chance he can heal Smitty.
Smitty's fine, it missed his heart and major arteries, possibly a punctured lung but a quick bip to the hospital and a few months of swole girlfriend assisted convalescence will sort that out. Also it'll turn out Parley digs scars.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Jeanne dropping her sword matters, it's a part of her, hostilities have ceased.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Splicer posted:

Smitty's fine, it missed his heart and major arteries, possibly a punctured lung but a quick bip to the hospital and a few months of swole girlfriend assisted convalescence will sort that out. Also it'll turn out Parley digs scars.

The real question is why hasn't Parley teleported him off to someplace for medical attention. Time is a factor here George!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Glagha posted:

The real question is why hasn't Parley teleported him off to someplace for medical attention. Time is a factor here George!

To be fair, the last few pages have all happened in, probably, 10 seconds or so.

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Glagha posted:

Annie is probably going to tell her she's cool to jet. They'll have time to climb back up.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

is that padding under smitty's hoodie in that last panel? are they actually gonna do that cigarillo case/magazines/pen/etc. gag

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Smitty dies. Parley pulls out the Coyote tooth and cuts Jeanne in half in grief-stricken revenge. Elf-boy snaps Kat's neck. Annie burns him to ashes. While everybody mopes around, Fortinbras enters and becomes king of Denmark.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

a medical mystery posted:

is that padding under smitty's hoodie in that last panel? are they actually gonna do that cigarillo case/magazines/pen/etc. gag

I mean it is Smitty. It's like, literally in character for him. Granted, he might not be able to work that kinda poo poo because of all the thread cutting though.

feetnotes
Jan 29, 2008

I feel like Smits's "stepped on a lego" wincing-in-pain face would be thematically inappropriate if we're on a countdown to him dying. If this was going to be the first major, on-panel character death I'd moreso expect his face to be artfully hidden until you get the postmortem "peaceful like an angel" view or something like that.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Mirage posted:

Smitty dies. Parley pulls out the Coyote tooth and cuts Jeanne in half in grief-stricken revenge. Elf-boy kills everyone everywhere with whatever he was shackled for

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jeanne cut the strings but Smitface kept making more. If his luck powers can effect anything, it would be his own body.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Glagha posted:

Because Smitty is holding them back? I am holding out that Smitty is about to receive some form of help. IF Smitty doesn't literally have a death wish, he's right where he needs to be right now.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Begemot posted:

Jeanne cut the strings but Smitface kept making more. If his luck powers can effect anything, it would be his own body.

His luck power allowed the sword to quantum tunnel right through him.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Parley isn't going to teleport away and leave her other friends with the murderghost until she's sure she's no longer a threat.

RESPONSIBLE TANKING.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Just one casualty, good work, everyone!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if elfboy can get himself a new body in like ten seconds fixing up smitty's torso knife repository problem should be a snap

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
Smitty has surprisingly little blood for a chest wound.

Perhaps she stabbed him with her retractable theatre dagger?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
Smitty is a robot

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Donkringel posted:

Smitty has surprisingly little blood for a chest wound.

Perhaps she stabbed him with her retractable theatre dagger?

As long as the dagger stays stuck in, there's nowhere for the blood to go yet. Once somebody pulls it out is when things get messy.

Though then again, it's also a ghost dagger. So things may get weird.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Smitty doesn't have "luck" powers, he has order powers. He makes order from chaos. And even if the dagger is still stuck, I'd still expect to see some blood leaking out around the dagger by now. Getting stabbed there generally means a lot of bleeding.

Going back, that barrette does look like the same one her mother used to wear. Same color, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Perestroika posted:

Though then again, it's also a ghost dagger. So things may get weird.
Rather than killing his heart, it's going to kill his heart i.e. he's going to become emotionless (a la Kay in The Snow Queen)

Itzena fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 6, 2017