Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

So when Macy's dropped Trump's clothing line last year he went on Twitter and asked his followers to boycott them. This year they're laying off 10,000 employees due to poor sales.

I actually have a shirt from the Donald Trump Signature Collection and it's made in Indonesia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Pesticide20 posted:

Sergeants Major*

Sergeantsed Major*

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sergg posted:

So when Macy's dropped Trump's clothing line last year he went on Twitter and asked his followers to boycott them. This year they're laying off 10,000 employees due to poor sales.

I actually have a shirt from the Donald Trump Signature Collection and it's made in Indonesia.
Take a poo poo in it and mail it to one of his many tacky buildings.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
For real though, holy poo poo is there a lot of stuff that's happened in the past few hours goddamn

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Shocking to no one, it'll be the US who will foot the bill for Trump's wall if that ever happens.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/05/politics/border-wall-house-republicans-donald-trump-taxpayers/index.html

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm going to call Tammy Duckworth because she's great and I'd like to say thanks for all of her hard work.

yeah same. she's why i voted this year

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Oh here's a good one,
http://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/05/us/politics/trump-ambassadors.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Trump's transition team is breaking Precedent and telling politically appointed envoys they need to GTFO immediately following inauguration day.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Casimir Radon posted:

Take a poo poo in it and mail it to one of his many tacky buildings.

I got it from Salvation Army back in like 2011. Paid $2 for it. Nobody else wanted it since it has no sleeve buttons and requires you to wear cufflinks.

IIRC none of Trump's clothing line were made in America.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Both senators and my congressman are Democrats. Actually good ones too. I'd just be pesteribg them with poo poo they're already working on.

Well then call them and thank them for being good Congresscritters.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

redneck nazgul posted:

So, absolutely loving nothing is going to happen because the people in power aren't going to implicate themselves and the people who do care are going to get shouted down by Twitter and a news media focused on eyeballs-on-stories that will happily drop the subject when Trump tweets about something else.

I think this is the part where you are wrong.

Because a bunch of the news groups, including some of the bigger (MSNBC raise your hand), are literally keeping a running tally of every misstep, broken promise and problem that has arisen. And keep updating it, reminding people, and rehashing it. There is some serious hate in the media and its bled into the MSM. They don't like the GOP and hate Trump even more.

Which is kinda cool.

Two Finger posted:

oh yeah, never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence

what do you call that, hooke's law?

The Cleveland Browns.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

If poo poo is bothering you call your representative's office. Let them (politely) know what's bothering you and why. A friend of mine who works for a (Republican) congressman's office in another state said when they were talking about rolling back that oversight agency earlier this week, the office got over 100 phone calls from constituents who were upset about it and this is a fairly rural district in a red state. That's what got them to back down: backlash.

Because this civics lesson should be repeated in the opening post of every page of every thread about the government trying to do "THING you don't like".

Its not your phone call that changes anything. Its your call, your brother's, your neighbor's, the 40,000 emails and the angry mob in his local office yelling at his interns that make a congress rep back down.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Because this civics lesson should be repeated in the opening post of every page of every thread about the government trying to do "THING you don't like".

Its not your phone call that changes anything. Its your call, your brother's, your neighbor's, the 40,000 emails and the angry mob in his local office yelling at his interns that make a congress rep back down.

Yep. The office is actually legally obliged to read and respond to your written input - don't let your cynicism cause you to exclude yourself from the process. Steve Bannon, a self-described student of Lenin (:stare:), knows that classic Soviet doublethink was in part designed to make people so cynical (LOL nothing matters) about politics/reality that they gave up and just moved on with their lives.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Red Crown posted:

Yep. The office is actually legally obliged to read and respond to your written input - don't let your cynicism cause you to exclude yourself from the process. Steve Bannon, a self-described student of Lenin (:stare:), knows that classic Soviet doublethink was in part designed to make people so cynical (LOL nothing matters) about politics/reality that they gave up and just moved on with their lives.

Isn't "legally obliged to read and respond" just smart-talk for "print out a standard letter and send it back"?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If 100+ people call about an issue it gets noticed.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Give 'em hell, Chaos.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/817346540985614337

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
All I know about Mattis is what Facebook memes have taught me. Is he really as great as my right-wing Facebook friends would have me believe?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Lol if Mattis backs out.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

All I know about Mattis is what Facebook memes have taught me. Is he really as great as my right-wing Facebook friends would have me believe?

He's kinda iffy because it's breaking rules on time served to maintain civilian control of the military but he's not a drooling poo poo lord gently caress face ideologically motivated to destroy the agency he would be in control of. Given the destabilizing horror show that has been the Hair Furor selections so far it ends up positive for only breaking political norms more, but probably not looking to tear the copper out of the walls and make a run for it.

Seekhay
Sep 11, 2001

College Slice

:perfect:

I'm still giggling. It works on so many levels!

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bird food bathtub posted:

He's kinda iffy because it's breaking rules on time served to maintain civilian control of the military but he's not a drooling poo poo lord gently caress face ideologically motivated to destroy the agency he would be in control of. Given the destabilizing horror show that has been the Hair Furor selections so far it ends up positive for only breaking political norms more, but probably not looking to tear the copper out of the walls and make a run for it.

I'm slightly torn over who I'd like to see in the post more, Chaos or Stan the Man.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The hair furor

The mango Mussolini

There are so many good ones.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Orangegropenfuror

man these are so much more fun than Obama's nicknames, and you can be more creative than obummer, obongo, friend of the family, etc.

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/817348644647108609
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/817350726800306177
:wtc:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Add that to the list: a president talking poo poo over reality tv ratings on Twitter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

isnt he an exec producer on the show still

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Oh my god he's a literal child.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

isnt he an exec producer on the show still

Yes the president will be an executive producer of a reality tv show.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

:lol:

I loving love Donald (but not as much as I love Commando)

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

In lighter news Atlanta is gonna get snow and there's gonna be a mass panic, maybe. I have confirmed bread and milk stocks are running low.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Genocide Tendency posted:

Because a bunch of the news groups, including some of the bigger (MSNBC raise your hand), are literally keeping a running tally of every misstep, broken promise and problem that has arisen. And keep updating it, reminding people, and rehashing it. There is some serious hate in the media and its bled into the MSM. They don't like the GOP and hate Trump even more.

I hope this becomes a trend. I would like to see the media try to point this poo poo out. I've always felt it should be part of their job.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Oh my god :catstare:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Handed Missus posted:

:lol:

I loving love Donald (but not as much as I love Commando)
Good, disparaging Commando should be enough to probate someone alone on.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Someone has taken up a full time hobby of translating Trump tweets to respectability.

https://www.twitter.com/maturetrumptwts?lang=en

I'm really hoping he gets every one.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

As much of a lefty as I am, kinda getting sick of hearing "Anyone who says they have economic anxiety is just a white racist who doesn't want to admit why they really voted for Trump!" from Dems still upset about the loss.

Clinton lost, and while I fully contend she had some things out of her control that caused that loss, there were a lot of things there that were totally in her hands that she and the DNC hosed up on. I'd hope that some reflection on what the Dems and Clinton could have done better would be a thing, but all I'm seeing is a continued shouting of the same bullshit without any introspection on the Dems part.

To be honest, that's what worries me slightly more than Trump's bullshit. Get it the gently caress together Dems.

Don't mind me, I live in DC and I have to constantly hear friends who work for the DNC or other Democratic groups constantly bemoan how they only lost because of racists and Russia. No other reason.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Handsome Ralph posted:

As much of a lefty as I am, kinda getting sick of hearing "Anyone who says they have economic anxiety is just a white racist who doesn't want to admit why they really voted for Trump!" from Dems still upset about the loss.

Clinton lost, and while I fully contend she had some things out of her control that caused that loss, there were a lot of things there that were totally in her hands that she and the DNC hosed up on. I'd hope that some reflection on what the Dems and Clinton could have done better would be a thing, but all I'm seeing is a continued shouting of the same bullshit without any introspection on the Dems part.

To be honest, that's what worries me slightly more than Trump's bullshit. Get it the gently caress together Dems.

Don't mind me, I live in DC and I have to constantly hear friends who work for the DNC or other Democratic groups constantly bemoan how they only lost because of racists and Russia. No other reason.

Clinton's primary and Trump's victory really hosed us here.

We should make a conscious effort to make sure economic politics is seen as for everyone, because it is. Everyone benefits from increased wages and access to/enforcement of labor protections. Everyone is harmed by wage theft and at-will/right-to-work legislation.

And it's so integral to idpol that they're basically different ends of the same thing.

How much does [Decreased call-backs to ethnic names] involves stereotypes regarding 'fit' to class-related cultural-norms derived from socioeconomic correlates?

How much does [Increased police brutality against ethnic groups] rely on disproportionate impoverishment yielding disproportionate inability to afford navigation of the legal system and hiring of lawyers?

It's all connected.

We can't gift Trump control of the framing here. Economics is for everyone.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Trump's entire last 24 hours of Twitter...:psyduck:

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/816999062562107392

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/817004210529116160

http://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/817329823374831617

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
WTF is "economic anxiety"? Is that the pain I feel in my gut when Trump causes a stock price to drop and 60% of my investments are in US companies, or is it some buzzphrase that millenial organizations are using to make people feel bad about not being lower-middle class?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

MA-Horus posted:

Orangegropenfuror

man these are so much more fun than Obama's nicknames, and you can be more creative than obummer, obongo, friend of the family, etc.

Wrestling voice:
B-Rock the Islamic Shock, bringer of the Barackalypse, the Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers, Hussein (praise be unto him), the Keynesian Kenyan, the Choomgang Champion, Osama-slayer in chief, Obamaaaaaaaaaa!

I disagree.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

Is that the pain I feel in my gut when Trump causes a stock price to drop and 60% of my investments are in US companies.
Didn't pretty much all of those investments reset themselves with a week or so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

KildarX posted:

In lighter news Atlanta is gonna get snow and there's gonna be a mass panic, maybe. I have confirmed bread and milk stocks are running low.

https://youtu.be/i6zaVYWLTkU

Wasn't it Atlanta where a half inch of snow was basically snowy Armageddon for like 48 hours?

• Locked thread