Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

CPL593H posted:

My mother seems not to understand why a 12 year old boy would want to hug my brother's wife and thinks he's probably gay. Also my brother's wife has gigantic tits.

Your moms just jealous, she wants to get at dem titties too but is being shy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Glamorama26 posted:

Your moms just jealous, she wants to get at dem titties too but is being shy.

:vince:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Well? Is he right?

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Answer the question!!!!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Glamorama26 posted:

Answer the question!!!!

I think he's hiding something.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
If there is ever a Dirty Harry remake then Caleb Landry Jones needs to play the Scorpio Killer.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Criminal Minded posted:

You saw Princess Mononoke tonight, didn't you? I had never seen that video until before the showing.

No, but my friend did which would explain why they shared that with me. I actually don't really like Princess Mononoke!

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

weekly font posted:

Hey, the side-episode of my podcast where I talked to Dickeye, Uncle Boogey and XRay-Pecs about cool poo poo they loved in 2016 came out and goons are fun to talk to.

http://www.cageclub.me/now-and-again-2016-side-a/

Hey sweet, I was just looking for a new podcast so I'm gonna give this a listen after work today!

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

therattle posted:

I think he's hiding something.

Tired of the lies.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

weekly font posted:

Hey, the side-episode of my podcast where I talked to Dickeye, Uncle Boogey and XRay-Pecs about cool poo poo they loved in 2016 came out and goons are fun to talk to.

http://www.cageclub.me/now-and-again-2016-side-a/

hell yeah

I like how Dickeye was the only one brave enough to mention his SA account

Lil Mama Im Sorry fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 6, 2017

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Anonymous Robot posted:

I forgot that I had promised to post some cool OVA's in here now and then, so I'll put some more up later, but for now have this lovely music video done by Ghibli in the early 90's:

https://vimeo.com/15103971

If I remember my obscure anime trivia correctly, this was done right around the time Miyazaki released the final volume of the Nausicaä manga. So you could see it as his attempt to put a definitive end to the story and move on.

Egbert Souse posted:

Melies was 100 years ahead of his time. He knew how to tell a good story in 15 minutes or less, keep it interesting, and never lack in creativity. He made over 500 films within two decades, which is insane.

He would have killed it on YouTube.

Imagine teenage Méliès trying to get his big break on Youtube. All those experimental cat videos we've missed out on.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jenny Angel posted:

Goofus uses "gallant"

Gallant uses "dope"

I dunno "dedicated to the dope people of Afghanistan" has some weird connotations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I dunno "dedicated to the dope people of Afghanistan" has some weird connotations.

:laffo:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

"We give our thanks to these brave opium farmers"

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

I like how Dickeye was the only one brave enough to mention his SA account

It's stupidity, not bravery. Acknowledging the forums still exist is the new Stairs in Your House.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Today is the day I get my first set of Sundance tickets and of course I started the day by waking up from a dream in which I had completely forgotten and was late in getting them and every time I'd type "Sundance" into the browser it would autocorrect to something else. At least in the real world I am up on time and have the correct sites already open.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

feedmyleg posted:

It's stupidity, not bravery. Acknowledging the forums still exist is the new Stairs in Your House.

I love my dead gay forum.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The other best thing about the previous GenChat thread was I think it was Anonymous Robot posting about how UMD is a carnival of human misery. Highlights included the juggalo tree and an official campus-wide email saying to avoid the quad because there's a group of men attacking anyone who comes near and we can't do anything about it for now

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

CPL593H posted:

My mother seems not to understand why a 12 year old boy would want to hug my brother's wife and thinks he's probably gay. Also my brother's wife has gigantic tits.

Your mom's probably way off, but in my experience gay guys love boobs, too. It's pretty universal, actually.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah everyone loves boobs

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Everyone except the lizard people.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
JC Chandor directing Channing Tatum and Tom Hardy in a Mark Boal script developed by Kathryn Bigelow sounds cool

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02222007

There's no reason these things should be in opposition tbh

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

weekly font posted:

agreed. I'm a navel man myself.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Movies are like 60% male navel gaze.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Naval gays?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

weekly font posted:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

One of my favorite frames from Achewood.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Lobok posted:

Your mom's probably way off, but in my experience gay guys love boobs, too. It's pretty universal, actually.

Yes. Everyone loves beautiful women and would enjoy being physical with them.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Lobok posted:

Naval gays?

That's a pleonasm if I ever heard one.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Today I spent a lot of time cleaning blood at work, it kinda felt like this:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yo what are the best movies featuring telekinesis? Besides Akira, obviously

100% The Fury. It's 11 times better than Scanners, in that it repeats the best part 11 times from different angles.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Night Life of the Gods is dope.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

Night Life of the Gods is dope.

The precode era in general is surprisingly wild.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

Yo what are the best movies featuring telekinesis? Besides Akira, obviously

Dark CIty

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Hey can anyone recommend some good cooking games? I'm one of the best Overcooked players in the whole wide world so obviously I love that, but all its recipes are super simple, with the challenge being more about managing co-op coordination in all the offbeat kitchen designs. I'm looking for something more based around larger numbers of recipes, more ingredients and processes involved in the recipes, etc. Something that I can play to sorta get myself into a soothing rhythm of memorized patterns to make a perfect lasagne or such

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wait are there Overcooked leaderboards?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Here's Georges Méliès' "The Astronomer's Dream" (1898). This is an interesting counterpart to "A Trip to the Moon" (1902). As "Trip" makes clear, Méliès finds the scientific mindset to be a target for ridicule. In "Dream," we see a more sympathetic, but by no means forgiving, take on the scientist.

The same imaginative, mercurial dream imagery that would go on to delight in "Trip" is inflected with a sense of despair and apprehension here. The astronomer fears that his aspiration, the moon, will always elude him, but it's more than that: what he finds, in exploration of the stars, is that the universe is utterly ambivalent to human life, and that even to read evil into that is hopeless narcissism.

But there's a deeper terror, still. The shifting, transmutative imagery at play in the film suggests a fear that strikes at the core of the scientific mindset: that the rule of the universe is chaos, that there is truly no consistency and no design in creation, and that all of the logic, method, and systems of the scientist are only narrow phenomenology, cobbled together out of a harrowing spiritual need.

Respect to Méliès for being able to communicate this experience on an emotional level with a big goofy moon man and a lady in a gauzy dress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8SMIiQZUcs

Both this film and your analysis are great. Thanks for sharing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jenny Angel posted:

Hey can anyone recommend some good cooking games? I'm one of the best Overcooked players in the whole wide world so obviously I love that, but all its recipes are super simple, with the challenge being more about managing co-op coordination in all the offbeat kitchen designs. I'm looking for something more based around larger numbers of recipes, more ingredients and processes involved in the recipes, etc. Something that I can play to sorta get myself into a soothing rhythm of memorized patterns to make a perfect lasagne or such

I tried a cooking game once, but I found it

half-baked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

• Locked thread