Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Phenix Rising posted:

But to be fair, Chris Hero is a pretty dumb name itself.

True, but Kassius Ohno has such a weird feel to it to even say. I just think it's also just a weird name for a big chubby guy who elbows people to death. Like Oney Lorcan, it feels like a name from Star Wars rather than from wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
If changing his name means they'll actually introduce him and not just go "OH MY GOD WHAT IS CHRIS HERO DOING AT FULL SAIL" like with loving everyone else then I'm all for it.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My guess is he changes his name due to Kevin Owens.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

He changes his name to "Rolly" Polly Ole and everyone is happy

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

he can't go by KO, which i think was the whole point of the name (and also maybe yelling OH NO when he elbows some mook's face off)

and he also can't go by 'big kass' in tribute to his big beautiful body

i suggest the unused yet much beloved 'Lloyd Boner'

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I like the name Kassius Ohno. Come at me.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Has wrestled since but gently caress https://twitter.com/DurkHendrunkqs/status/817386594940440579

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Suplex Liberace posted:

I like the idea of the name. I know Hero is a huge fan of Muhammad Ali, and that combo of a boxer and a Japanese surname fits his whole wrestling style. But I just feel like it doesn't flow like Hero. Chris Hero is a such a simple and obvious name that just works. Easy to chant easy to remember. My feeling is that he will probably change to Hero pretty soon though. I imagine full sail people will be chanting we want Hero.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Goons hate all names. Only bad name was Lift Sawyer.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

almost all the names are bad

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

billie kay sucks and is unsafe

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Liv sucks and is unsafe.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
They both suck and are unsafe

Ktik
Jul 10, 2004

Benne posted:

They both suck and are unsafe

All women suck and are unsafe except training superstar Sarah Del Rey.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Australians are good

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013
Future NXT star Nixon Newell's 2016 highlight tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-1E_qH5lw

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

From a 4-foot-11 marvel famous for breaking new ground on the obstacle course of “American Ninja Warrior,” to a 7-foot-2 pro basketballer who made history by becoming the first Indian-born player drafted to the NBA, you just never know who might be the next WWE Superstar.

That much is obvious following the recent visit of several high-profile athletes – hailing from the United States, United Kingdom, India and Germany – to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

“American Ninja Warrior” sensation Kacy Catanzaro, Texas Legends center Satnam Singh and New Orleans Saints linebacker Kasim Edebali all participated in workouts alongside WWE recruits this week, taking their first exploratory steps inside the squared circle under the guidance of Performance Center coach Norman Smiley.

Catanzaro came to fame in 2014 when she became the first woman to complete “American Ninja Warrior’s” perilous city finals course. Nearly three years later, she remains the only woman to accomplish that feat. Nicknamed “Mighty Kacy,” the 26-year old — who was a Division I gymnast before turning to obstacle course racing — has twice made “Sports Illustrated’s” “Fittest 50” list of the world’s top female athletes.

Twenty-one-year-old Singh made headlines when he was selected in the second round of the 2015 NBA draft by the Dallas Mavericks. Hailing from the small Indian village of Ballo Ke, the towering center is listed on the roster of the NBA D-League’s Legends team. He was also the subject of a recently released Netflix documentary titled “One in a Billion,” which details Singh’s remarkable journey to professional basketball.

At 6-foot-3 and 255 pounds, German-born Edebali has been a pass-rushing force for the Saints since signing as a free agent in 2014. In his rookie season, he recorded an impressive 22 tackles (15 solo), two sacks and one forced fumble.

While Catanzaro, Singh and Edebali ran the ropes, hit the canvas and locked up with Performance Center recruits and trainers, two other professional athletes observed the training: Recently retired English rugby player Eorl Crabtree — the nephew of U.K. wrestling legend Shirley “Big Daddy” Crabtree — toured the Performance Center and sat in on the the workouts, as did another German-born NFL player, Bjoern Werner, a former first-round draft pick who played three seasons with the Indianapolis Colts.

The workouts cap off a busy week at the WWE Performance Center, which greeted not only the arrival of three previously announced Chinese signees, but also four new female recruits from the U.S.
http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/article/kacy-catanzaro-satnam-singh-wwe-performance-center

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
can we talk about how loving rad this house show sounds http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-results/nxt-largo-fl-live-results-kassius-ohno-vs-andrade-almas-227866

quote:

- Tian Bing (FKA Bin Wang) defeated Akira Tozawa
- Oney Lorcan & Jack Gallagher defeated Tony Nese & Noam Dar
- Kassius Ohno defeated Andrade “Cien” Almas
- NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura & NXT Tag Team Champions DIY defeated SANITY

put that on tv, goddamn

hope tozawa is okay though :ohdear:

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jan 7, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
YOU SPOILED THE HERO THING THAT PEOPLE ARE PRETENDING DIDN'T HAPPEN DESPITE IT BEING SPOILED BY WWE THEMSELVES.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Phenix Rising posted:

But to be fair, Chris Hero is a pretty dumb name itself.

mods?????

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i'm pretty consistent about spoilers in this thread: once it's on official WWE social media, it is not a spoiler

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

im excited for CHRIS HERO

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Kassius Ohno on the streets, Chris Hero in the dirtsheets

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

duke sucks

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

listen if we get Kevin Owens v Kassius Ohno as a result of this it's all worth it

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Hahahaha Bjoern Werner flamed out so loving fast

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/817376267775471617

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/817569393462902785

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm gonna miss him so much

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I'm gonna miss him so much

Same. I'm going to buy his I feel like Elbow shirt in the next couple days. Because it combines my love of Kanye west and Chris Hero.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I'm gonna try to make a United Kingdom Tournament thread for the two shows unless someone with actual knowledge about the wrestlers in it is gonna make one. I'm really only familiar with a handful of them.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

sportsgenius86 posted:

Hahahaha Bjoern Werner flamed out so loving fast

I wonder if they only brought him for the potential of the announcers screaming "FORMER FIRST-ROUND DRAFT PICK (please don't mention how lovely he actually was)"

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yo for real though I can't wait until Hero busts out a backflip over the top rope on tv. Also when he does his running hurricanrana.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Future NXT star Nixon Newell's 2016 highlight tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO-1E_qH5lw
The only indieriffic flash move worth a poo poo is the Six Seconds Magic, so Newell's at least proven herself more compelling than the Bucks

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Is the Ohno thing a work or did the WWE bring Hero onto house shows and were just like "bring your own gear, whatever"

Then again maybe they burned all his old gear, or couldn't find a tailor daring enough to make the necessary and extreme adjustments.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Maybe they were trying to gauge buzz and internet reaction to a Chris Hero return before debuting him

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I got around to watching the NXT Australia and man Sabbateli is like peak OVW guy from 2005.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Gonna go see NXT next week so I watched the Melbourne thing to try to semi catch up on who's who.

NXT feels a little depressing now, like purgatory for older indie guys who should be on the main roster, and the failed up and comers who werent good enough to get called up yet. I dont really see any future stars (other than like Nakamura / The Revival who should have been up a long time ago, who knows if theyre ever coming)

Billie Kay is um.... not good

Stoked to see Chris Hero & Johnny Wrestling tho

SpiritOfSanDimas fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Tino is going to be a bigger star in the WWE than he was in the NFL :v:

Also WWE posted a bunch of videos of Hero back in the early NXT days which brings me back when I waited for those shows to show up on Dailymotion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz8OkBzR-yM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Bu37q7h38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTZr1ERgkK0
Those were the days

• Locked thread