Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
The Final Battle is a great set besides the minifig you get the flying ant build and the cool Yellow Jacket minifig. I just packed up the set but kept the Minifigs out so I could do this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Id rather a new UCS AT-AT. Or any AT-AT to go with my AT-ST.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'll check again after work today. I think they had three aside from the one I grabbed.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Oh poo poo. I just decided to check my AT-AT and it appears actually have one lego set that has increased in value.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

Best case we could get an AT-ACT or maybe the Rebels prototype at some point in the near future. It won't have Veers, but it'll be something.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
You said it was the px that had it? I wonder if I should have my mom check the px on base here. Was it an Aames? I guess Aames has been out of business since 2002.

Shawn fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 5, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If you guys ever want to hunt for OOP sets check Kmart. They don't cycle them out like target or other major retailers. Plus no one goes to Kmart. Last time I went they still had stuff from like 2+ years ago. Bunch of Ultra Agents sets and some old MCU sets and stuff.

Daaku Shinsei
Feb 26, 2003

I've got the Batmobile, Joker's Lowrider, and Riddler's car from the movie, so far. Besides the Penguin set, are there any other interesting cars? The Killer Croc monster truck just kind of falls flat looking at the box, for me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The catwoman bike pretty much looks like every motorcycle Lego has done for the last 2 years but I kind of like it and it's cheap.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Not that it's a deal-breaker, but I think I figured out what bugs me about the Modulars.

Everything about them looks so great except for the flat-tile white shop signs that always look so rudimentary and amateur.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The shop signs remind me of EGA Police Quest and Leisure Suit Larry

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Feenix posted:

Not that it's a deal-breaker, but I think I figured out what bugs me about the Modulars.

Everything about them looks so great except for the flat-tile white shop signs that always look so rudimentary and amateur.

Hey, at least Dectective's Office has a brick built POOL sign.

I actually just got that set in the mail today as a late Christmas present, I'm looking forward to completing it this weekend and putting it next to the Parisian Restaurant.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Dude... Mini Beetle.

Great for matching the Mini Cooper and the T1 Camper.

https://mi-od-live-s.legocdn.com/bigdownloads/buildinginstructions/6191904.pdf

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Looks more like a 2CV than a beetle to me.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Has anyone else been having trouble with the spring loaded missile pieces (6048898)? I just got done building the Imperial Shuttle Tydirium, and one of the wing shooter will not click into place. I tried every missile it came with, and none worked. This is the 2nd new set where this has happened, the first being the new naboo fighter set. Rather annoying, and I want to know if it is something I did or if the build quality has gotten worse.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've never had a problem with one.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Vintersorg posted:

Cavegod's ludicrously cool UCS AT-AT is something you could build. The instructions are available somewhere and he has updated it several times to not need super expensive parts. (The first incarnation used parts only available in the first UCS star destroyer so that was like $500 in parts just for those)
I realise it is not an official build but it is easily the best UCS-level AT-AT out there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I honestly don't get why Lego denied that thing. Obviously people have serious love for the AT-AT. It's probably top 5 iconic SW machines. It's probably the best conceivable build you could get out of Lego. They aren't above making $500 sets and surely that thing would sell infinitely better than that boring Death Star. The price would be high but I think people would pay it.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
"something something won't accept already existing IPs something something" I think is their official stance? Doesn't quite jive with the AT Dimensions pack but that might have been after the acceptance of that particular project.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My bet is that someday they will actually do a UCS AT-AT and it will be much less cool than that one. But yeah, seems like if Lego is already doing the IP it never gets approved that's why everyone tries to bank on dumb big bang theory or Dr. Who sets to get approved.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ineptitude posted:

Cavegod's ludicrously cool UCS AT-AT is something you could build. The instructions are available somewhere and he has updated it several times to not need super expensive parts. (The first incarnation used parts only available in the first UCS star destroyer so that was like $500 in parts just for those)
I realise it is not an official build but it is easily the best UCS-level AT-AT out there.

Based off the auto-parts picker thing it's gonna cost $700+ CAD :(

But that is amazing. I am sure they will release a new version of it someday - just need to have patience.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hmm...an early ideas submission with 6000 pieces? And of a thing they had done previously. I wonder why it was denied.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I still kinda wish Lego would jumped on board some of the Star Citizen ships. :lol:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Crotch Fruit posted:

I still kinda wish Lego would jumped on board some of the Star Citizen ships. :lol:

That'll be megabloks that will eat up that IP. Readily available next to the Destiny and Halo sets in your local target after the game launches for real.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

That one does puzzle me. Did they decide against it just because the game isn't out? I can't imagine it was the game devs wanting unacceptable terms for the licensing. It could've become a cool all-spaceships line, even, something I don't think Lego has ever done.

No matter what becomes of the game, that Hornet would've been an instant buy for me.

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

That'll be megabloks that will eat up that IP. Readily available next to the Destiny and Halo sets in your local target after the game launches for real.

Sadly, this will probably happen. Even though I like Halo, the only Halo Megabloks set I have is one I got for free at PAX. They all just looked...terrible, and the pricing was no better than what Lego would have done.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 7, 2017

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Toys R Us in :canada: had 20% off all Star Wars sets under $179 so I picked up Krennics and Hover Tank (the latter to get Chirrut and Baze together, for $30 CAD its nice)!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

Hmm...an early ideas submission with 6000 pieces? And of a thing they had done previously. I wonder why it was denied.

What do you mean it was something they had done previously?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

What do you mean it was something they had done previously?
http://brickset.com/sets?query=at-at

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those aren't UCS though.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

veni veni veni posted:

Those aren't UCS though.

The ideas sets are for new ideas, though. And 6000 pieces is completely insane. Isn't Taj Mahal the biggest at 5000?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

UCS Falcon was 5200. I don't see why that extra 800 is such a stretch. Not to mention half if ideas sets aren't the creators original idea as they are existing IP's

Don't get me wrong. It would be huge and expensive. But I think people would buy it. There sure isn't a surplus of UCS Falcons sitting around on shelves.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012
It's a real bummer to me that MegaBloks has focused on guardians/monsters for the most part with their Destiny line when there's like a zillion spaceships right there

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
If anyone's trading Batman CMFs, I've got an extra Commissioner Gordon and Barbara Gordon. Looking for any of the Batmen from that series. I've also got the promo mini Batwing polybag if anyone wants to trade for that.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Resistance X-Wing is $54 on Amazon right now for anyone who still needs it.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh man, look at some of the minifigures that are apparently gonna be in the next wave of Batman Movie sets. Apparently there's a couple that could be spoilers for the film though? But also apparently they were in some trailers too so I dunno.

http://brickset.com/article/25891/more-minifigures-revealed-for-the-lego-batman-movie

Two-Face and Bane look especially good.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Batman has been retold and redesigned so many times, does any of it qualify as a spoiler at this point?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just got my $54 resistance X-wing and the box is all hosed up like tape got ripped off of it and there are bits of Xmas wrapping paper stuck to it. Oh well, at that price I can't complain.

Stoked on that set though. I've been wanting it since it came out. X-Wings are my jam.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Still looking for a Harley. I have much to trade.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I miss the drat $54 x wing every time. I really want casual Poe, damnit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004
Moved recently and had to leave my Lego behind, stored in my parents basement. I miss it already, and think I might get the Ideas Caterham to tide me over until I can retrieve my old stuff.
I also just saw Rogue One and really want a U-Wing now too... And that Arctic Roller... And maybe the Yellow Submarine...

Also someone on reddit posted these and I really want to make them but don't have access to the parts http://imgur.com/a/TJNL2