Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

LunarShadow posted:

Anyone else love it that when white supremacy is attacked, folks show up to prove the point by example?

I love it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Metal Jesus
Jun 11, 2007

Got no use for psychiatry
I can talk to the voices
in my head for free
Mood swings like an axe
Into those around me
My tongue is a double agent

LunarShadow posted:

Goddamnit, this was my exact same though when I read that.

Edit: A thing cause I am salty as gently caress and feel like sharing. I had a (liberal masquerading as) fellow leftist say that she believes that black people should have equal rights, she just doesn't like them. And that ACA being repealed and PP defunded won't affect her, so she only cares about Trumps dumbass tweets potentially causing international incidents. And people loving wonder why leftists have a lot to loving prove to PoC in America. God loving dammit am I fed up with this horse poo poo. Suffice to fuckin say, John Brown had the right loving idea, gonna have to trash the syswtem to fix it.

Wait...did you really have someone just openly tell you that they don't like black people? Like, what the gently caress?

LunarShadow
Aug 15, 2013

Great Metal Jesus posted:

Wait...did you really have someone just openly tell you that they don't like black people? Like, what the gently caress?

Yuuuuuuup. They are also no longer my friend, for obvious reasons. And in not so obvious reasons, I am a white dude engaged to a black woman and they knew this and still loving said it.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Negromancer's fanclub came over for a visit again I see.

Like, are these chucklefucks following you over from somewhere, or do they literally just see something in their newsfeed and go "at last my chance to take down that dastardly negromancer by proving once and for all he is the true racist. To Negrotown!"

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

there wolf posted:

Negromancer's fanclub came over for a visit again I see.

Like, are these chucklefucks following you over from somewhere, or do they literally just see something in their newsfeed and go "at last my chance to take down that dastardly negromancer by proving once and for all he is the true racist. To Negrotown!"

It's probably people from the cspam threads he posts in.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

This is the correct answer.

I think it's funny how they brag on harvesting tears and how they are so above it all and emotionally detached, yet can't wait to dump theirs here.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Hey interested in going back to the military?

http://twitter.com/YahooFinance/status/817219396997419008

Aww they deleted it

https://twitter.com/RicoDaGawd/status/817225899720507395

Dexo fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jan 6, 2017

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

Yes. Some other people who are totally not you.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Be fair, b and n are right next to each other on the keyboard, and it's not misspelled so it wouldn't autocorrect something else.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Guy Goodbody posted:

Be fair, b and n are right next to each other on the keyboard, and it's not misspelled so it wouldn't autocorrect something else.

Profanity is not registered as valid in most autocorrects I've experienced.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Guy Goodbody posted:

Context: http://archive.is/YTBC0

there wolf posted:

Yes. Some other people who are totally not you.

:shrug: Just having a good time on this here forums.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

The replies to it and the fact that they keep trying to tweet through it without issuing an apology is hilarious as hell.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

Maybe we should denounce racial violence, regardless of who is the target? Just a thought!!!

too bad that's not what actually happens and white peeps that sodomize a black guy with a coat-hanger get off scott-free

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Tarezax posted:

Profanity is not registered as valid in most autocorrects I've experienced.

why are we assuming autocorrect would be involved at all? tweets are made with regular computers too. i can see this being a typo

should issue an apology though

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Nah this has done wonders for me. I found 3 obvious white dudes with fake black Twitter accounts I had somehow followed

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

I like reading this thread so I can be prepared for what my co-workers will be talking about the next morning.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Dexo posted:

Nah this has done wonders for me. I found 3 obvious white dudes with fake black Twitter accounts I had somehow followed

Alt-Right dipshits have been doing this for quite some time now

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i know its my own fault for visiting these insane places on the internet but i actually read the comments on imgur posts every few days and i gotta say im not even remotely surprised anymore when there's like 8 different front page posts about this incident and just outright racists popping up everywhere in the comments underneath. it's a bit scary cuz im assuming the demographic of the site skews younger, idk frustrating stuff.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect

negromancer posted:

Because by virtue of being black and living in America, you either engage it or live off in the woods somewhere foraging for berries.

Like clockwork.

To make it more clear: is why engage through passive means? I mean you can debate and protest all you want but people who want you dead just because of your color don't care about that (equal opportunity/whether there's good roles in TV). If there's open carry allowed, maybe people should open carry? Go on the offensive? I understand there needs to be a clear message behind it but it seems like the current situation is everything gets fractured until its diluted to meaningless.

At least in the early 90s there would be a coordinated pushback by the community against attempts to undermine the effort, in the media, newspapers, now there seems to be poo poo all. I'm not blaming, this is probably due to collapse of the media.

Domestic Amuse posted:

Why even get defensive over the subject?

Seems like you're getting all "MY FEELINGS!!" and "HOW DARE THAT SILLY NEGRO" over it, imho.

What. How is your thought process to get that from my post.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

why are we assuming autocorrect would be involved at all? tweets are made with regular computers too. i can see this being a typo

should issue an apology though

They did:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Uncle Jam posted:

To make it more clear: is why engage through passive means? I mean you can debate and protest all you want but people who want you dead just because of your color don't care about that (equal opportunity/whether there's good roles in TV). If there's open carry allowed, maybe people should open carry? Go on the offensive? I understand there needs to be a clear message behind it but it seems like the current situation is everything gets fractured until its diluted to meaningless.

At least in the early 90s there would be a coordinated pushback by the community against attempts to undermine the effort, in the media, newspapers, now there seems to be poo poo all. I'm not blaming, this is probably due to collapse of the media.

What. How is your thought process to get that from my post.

We don't need white people telling us how to react to things that we didn't create. Your culture and society created racism, why don't you get together with your best and brightest and figure out how to solve instead of asking us to?

"Theres just going to be racist, nothing we can do" is horseshit and is why most black people have a hard time trusting y'all.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

LunarShadow posted:

Goddamnit, this was my exact same though when I read that.

Edit: A thing cause I am salty as gently caress and feel like sharing. I had a (liberal masquerading as) fellow leftist say that she believes that black people should have equal rights, she just doesn't like them. And that ACA being repealed and PP defunded won't affect her, so she only cares about Trumps dumbass tweets potentially causing international incidents. And people loving wonder why leftists have a lot to loving prove to PoC in America. God loving dammit am I fed up with this horse poo poo. Suffice to fuckin say, John Brown had the right loving idea, gonna have to trash the syswtem to fix it.

Props to her for being honest, I guess? Honestly, that's the type of racist I can at least respect. None of this mealymouthed "I'm not racist, but why can't we have a White History Month?!" bullshit. Just be real with it. It makes things so much easier because I know exactly who to avoid.

Fluffdaddy posted:

We don't need white people telling us how to react to things that we didn't create. Your culture and society created racism, why don't you get together with your best and brightest and figure out how to solve instead of asking us to?

"Theres just going to be racist, nothing we can do" is horseshit and is why most black people have a hard time trusting y'all.

It's also this.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Fluffdaddy posted:

Your culture and society created racism,

I'm pretty sure I'm reading this wrong, but racism's been around for pretty much all of human history in some form or another.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

It's hyperbole, but from the standpoint of the past few hundred years in Western (white) society, yes, we created it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

evilmiera posted:

I'm pretty sure I'm reading this wrong, but racism's been around for pretty much all of human history in some form or another.

In this instance I believe they mean the specific situation of racism in America.

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

not all white people

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Yes, but specifically in the US who else has been in charge of setting up our current system other than whites?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

evilmiera posted:

You read it wrong. I am talking about American racism in the last 4 centuries.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

evilmiera posted:

Whiteness, the specific racial paradigm that is what most people talk about when they talk about race or racism, is only about 500ish years old. White supremacy places itself as a natural consequence of forces older than history. It isn't; it was (and still is) a coalition made specifically to justify anti-Semitism, hatred of Muslims, and brutal exploitation of native people and especially black people.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

evilmiera posted:

No, it hasn't. Racism is a construct of European invention, created to justify manifest destiny (i.e. colonialism, slavery, genocide and exploitation) because various white nationalists in the dawn of European sovereignty/aristocracy all believed themselves the natural inheritors of the supreme race/culture; the Romans and Greeks.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Racism was invented by Lincoln and ended by MLK and I went to public school in the south.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Huggybear posted:

No, it hasn't. Racism is a construct of European invention, created to justify manifest destiny (i.e. colonialism, slavery, genocide and exploitation) because various white nationalists in the dawn of European sovereignty/aristocracy all believed themselves the natural inheritors of the supreme race/culture; the Romans and Greeks.

Ok, but in the olden times tribes, such as the Romans and Greeks, would enslave each other and consider outsiders and heathens worse than animals. Maybe that is not racism, but it was a thing.

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

doverhog posted:

Ok, but in the olden times tribes, such as the Romans and Greeks, would enslave each other and consider outsiders and heathens worse than animals. Maybe that is not racism, but it was a thing.

in antiquity they didn't distinguish between phenotypes other than to occasionally say, wow, those Nubians have dark skin. Pan-Mediterranean peoples weren't necessarily "white", either, this classification arose in the Romantic era when Europeans began to perceive of themselves as racially superior because of advances in technology and concomitant colonialism/slavery/exploitation/genocide

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Not to mention that chattel slavery as was practiced in the Americas is a very recent phenomenon

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
I don't wanna in any way discount chattel slavery or modern racism. Just pointing out subjugation of the other is not new, Rome was built on that poo poo.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

doverhog posted:

I don't wanna in any way discount chattel slavery or modern racism. Just pointing out subjugation of the other is not new, Rome was built on that poo poo.

You're right that subjugation has always existed.

What you're wrong about is that white anglo's invented what is modern day racism.

negromancer
Aug 20, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Fluffdaddy posted:

There's this level of unchecked privilege and racism that always pops up that White America has mostly not addressed, and that's that we ain't your goddamn slaves anymore. We aren't the help, here to clean up all the messes you make. It ALWAYS comes up when its talked about fixing racism, and to a lesser extent sexism, which is the victim needs to fix the perpetrator. Somehow its only those 2 arenas, when that logic doesn't fly in literally any other situation.

White people really gotta cut that poo poo out.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

negromancer posted:

There's this level of unchecked privilege and racism that always pops up that White America has mostly not addressed, and that's that we ain't your goddamn slaves anymore. We aren't the help, here to clean up all the messes you make. It ALWAYS comes up when its talked about fixing racism, and to a lesser extent sexism, which is the victim needs to fix the perpetrator. Somehow its only those 2 arenas, when that logic doesn't fly in literally any other situation.

Yes all white people and men.

inkblot
Feb 22, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gringostar posted:

Yes all white people and men.

An unironic "not all men". I thought that only existed in legend!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

negromancer posted:

It is really really easy to stay sheltered and be the white dude in this comic:

And add in a helping of "why should I care? I'm not going to fix everything by myself" and a handful of "the hardest struggle I can imagine is my own" and you've got a nicely baked white bread passive racism for the "I have a black friend at the country club" crowd.

• Locked thread