Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Last Chance posted:

bring back forstall imho
im cool w this as long as hes on a tight leash held by ive to prevent more games center type failures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
apparently the key to good design is to have design and engineer teams battle brutally to the death and if they fail all records of their existence and their legacy is erased

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

apparently the key to good design is to have design and engineer teams battle brutally to the death and if they fail all records of their existence and their legacy is erased

no? they continued making new revisions of the ipod classic until 2009 and stopped producing them in 2014.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

hey remember this

well

but in the end they just let Motorola design the ROKR in-house

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
welp Tomb Cock got a pay cut for destroying Apple

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

im cool w this as long as hes on a tight leash held by ive to prevent more games center type failures

I'll take games center 2.0 over playing "is that a manipulatable UI element, and if so do I tap, long-press, force press, or drag?"

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

but in the end they just let Motorola design the ROKR in-house

no.

they fulfilled a contractual obligation with Motorola so that the device could connect to itunes and sync music since there was no plan for an iPhone whenever the contract was made. i don't think they had any say in the hardware design, nor would i guess that motorola would have accepted them doing it.

i find it interesting that stuff like this gets twisted and simplified by the sands of time

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jan 6, 2017

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yeah i know how to close it, it just takes forever and it's annoying + dumb

thanks though

hold down ⌥ and the close buttons will appear immediately

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

Last Chance posted:

no.

they fulfilled a contractual obligation with Motorola so that the device could connect to itunes and sync music since there was no plan for an iPhone whenever the contract was made. i don't think they had any say in the hardware design, nor would i guess that motorola would have accepted them doing it.

i find it interesting that stuff like this gets twisted and simplified by the sands of time

i think he was making a joke about the ROKR being as dumb/bad as Tony Fadell's iPodPhone

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

and we all "lol'd".

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Doc Block posted:

i think he was making a joke about the ROKR being as dumb/bad as Tony Fadell's iPodPhone

oh, well that joke doesn't make any sense. fadell's iphone would have obviously been much better than anything motorola could poo poo out, but it wouldn't be great

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
if they figured out a good way to do text entry the ipodphone probably would have been a good smartphone by the standards of the time

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

every time i use my macbook for more than 30 minutes, i end up with this:

it's so annoying i wish it would just prune empty desktops

Yeah, I set it up so that the second monitor shows exactly what's happening on male shoegaze's computer.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hey remember this

well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lmao that video is great "people who use keybarods standing in way of human progress - steve jobs"

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Syncopated posted:

Yeah, I set it up so that the second monitor shows exactly what's happening on male shoegaze's computer.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

echinopsis posted:

lmao that video is great "people who use keybarods standing in way of human progress - steve jobs"
every day it's closer to becoming a reality

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Syncopated posted:

yep

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
you could do one about removing the headphone jack and I couldn't tell ya if it was the onion or apple dot com tbqh

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Syncopated posted:

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

is the ice rear end av a thing again?

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

👻👻

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

the gently caress is that from anyways

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

you could do one about removing the headphone jack and I couldn't tell ya if it was the onion or apple dot com tbqh

i charged my phone earlier this week while i deep-cleaned my house and listened to my airpods at the same time. it was sublime

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

those dangly earrings look great when you are busy cleaning your house

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

as yospos's resident Headphone Autist(tm) i am reserving judgment on the airpods before i hear for myself how awful they sound

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

neonbregna posted:

tell me more im almost there

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
i like how all the robust but handsome villagers want their pics taken by the iPhone 7 Portrait mode

practically magic

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Sniep posted:

i like how

same

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

neonbregna posted:

he didnt get his full compensation because he couldnt quite kill it despite his best efforts

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

as yospos's resident Headphone Autist(tm) i am reserving judgment on the airpods before i hear for myself how awful they sound

lmao how long have you had that av

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

poty posted:

he didnt get his full compensation because he couldnt quite kill it despite his best efforts

or he managed to make his product line worthless by removing features that people use

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Last Chance posted:

i charged my phone earlier this week while i deep-cleaned my house and listened to my airpods at the same time. it was sublime

pro tip: this would still be possible even if the phone had a headphone jack, hth

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
analog sound is so outdated

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

lmao how long have you had that av
bout a week

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

analog sound is so outdated

but it has more electromagnetic background hissing a warmer sound

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Mister Macys posted:

im a big gay baby whose never listened to a proper vinyl / rip, shovel hot coals into my anus
well, same i suppose

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

actually, my dad had over a thousand records because he kept emptying out auctions.

sound is poo poo because its an obsolete sound medium, sorry you can't discern fine detail anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

pro tip: this would still be possible even if the phone had a headphone jack, hth

it did have a headphone jack since my AirPods are paired with gods own iPhone SE

• Locked thread