Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
So to clear up some cap confusion.

The biggest max a player can sign for is 35% + Raises. There are two ways of getting that: Your drafted/rookie traded team gives it to you if you qualify OR you have 10 years in the league. Millsap has 10 years in the league already so any team can give him that contract. A team with bird rights can give him larger year-to-year raises, so that is Millsap's motivation to resign with whatever team he ends 2017 with.

That comes out to a max of 5 year/$193 million for a Bird Rights team. A non-bird team would "only" be about 10 million less though.

His Bird Rights team Atlanta can also offer a no-trade clause.

edit: Wrong info on no-trade.

Lockback fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/WFNYScott/status/817429259128082432

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This has to be intentional, right?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

This has to be intentional, right?

All of the "crash into a guy food goes flying" or "shove an opposing fans face in a cake" or "opposing fan is made to look foolish" stuff is all intentional and rehearsed.

Still awesome though.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Old Man Riverwalk

e: I'm in the camp that we shouls give The Process some wiggle room since it's not like he made it uo, more like he found it.

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jan 6, 2017

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
matt bonner is nicknamed after a dog's dick

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Denver bought to land someone
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/817467699236401153

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

this feels like the bulls' season so far in a gif

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Yeah, Mo Williams and cash considerations :smugdog:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Big Fundamental

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Lockback posted:

The biggest max a player can sign for is 35% + Raises. There are two ways of getting that: Your drafted/rookie traded team gives it to you if you qualify OR you have 10 years in the league. Millsap has 10 years in the league already so any team can give him that contract. A team with bird rights can give him larger year-to-year raises, so that is Millsap's motivation to resign with whatever team he ends 2017 with.

That comes out to a max of 5 year/$193 million for a Bird Rights team. A non-bird team would "only" be about 10 million less though.

His Bird Rights team can also offer a no-trade clause.

Did they change no-trades? Under the old rules, you need four years with a team to get the no-trade, on top of being in the league for eight years. So only Utah or Atlanta could offer him that under those rules.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

sum posted:

Probably not wise for Lebron either, unless you literally think he's a basketball robot

I think Lebron is literally a basketball robot.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

I hate mascots but I do not hate this mascot

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Rick posted:

Did they change no-trades? Under the old rules, you need four years with a team to get the no-trade, on top of being in the league for eight years. So only Utah or Atlanta could offer him that under those rules.

I thought it was 4 years under the same contract but I think you are right. Disregard that muddying of the waters.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i was gonna ask how y'all posting about nba nicknames and miss this one, good job Salvor_Hardin

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Speaking of nicknames, I remember that Barnes was called The Falcon as a Warrior, but I keep hearing him being called "The Pencil" now? Is that a real thing?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That 5 Th year will be huge for milsap I think

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

A good reminder that not only did the Bulls front office completely and utterly destroy the Bulls for the forseeable future, they also caused Benny the Bull to leave

e: someone already posted it

here's a video instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt8fpssOwy8

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jan 7, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

His Bird Rights team Atlanta can also offer a no-trade clause.

edit: Wrong info on no-trade.

I love the cba, it's awesome

Getting closer :

https://twitter.com/jcameratocsn/status/817502243607969794

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tae posted:

Speaking of nicknames, I remember that Barnes was called The Falcon as a Warrior, but I keep hearing him being called "The Pencil" now? Is that a real thing?

I remember when some Warriors poster dropped in here and tried referring to him as HB40 and we were all like ":wtf: he already has an awesome nickname why are you giving him that generic poo poo one?"

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: if this falls through because no one wants Dunleavy
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/817511351358779396

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

this is the most boring video I've ever watched, Embiid being good didn't vindicate return from injury cam as a cool thing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dunleavy needs to go to Atlanta to continue to endless cycle of Korver to Dunleavy

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

straight up brolic posted:

this is the most boring video I've ever watched, Embiid being good didn't vindicate return from injury cam as a cool thing

Did you see that stationary dribbling though?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Old Benny owned. The new one sucks. My favorite is still him trolling Jay-Z and Jay-Z being legit mad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-4Okiyigvc

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: if this falls through because no one wants Dunleavy
https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/817511351358779396

Dunleavy about to make his first meaningful contribution to the Warriors franchise (besides getting traded).

edit:

Remember when the Warriors had only 5 healthy players? Fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHeAHaxW0nI

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 7, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Hawks already said they'd take Dunleavy if they have to?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I'd like to remind you guys that Yung Kutcher, in addition to being a handsome jumpshooter, is also an insane workout exercise man: http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/mental-conditioning/The-One-Day-a-Year-Fitness-Plan-Misogi.html

quote:

Korver is treading water above me. I drop the boulder below his feet and surface. Struggling for air, I try to ignore the spasms in my hamstrings and the giggling of girls on a nearby boat. It looks nice over there, with the beer and the snacks and the lounging.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It's more of the context (on the road with the team , participating in shoot around ) then what happened

I'm sorry I wasted 10 seconds of your life *

* sincere comment

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

euphronius posted:

It's more of the context (on the road with the team , participating in shoot around ) then what happened

I'm sorry I wasted 10 seconds of your life *

* sincere comment
it's not your fault, you're not the one making the videos.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's also out in warmups right now so he can't be far away .

Maybe by the end of the month .

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Metapod posted:

pizza guy getting no respect around here

Whose nickname was that? And lest we forget, Big Baby

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Mr. Mambold posted:

Whose nickname was that? And lest we forget, Big Baby
IT because he was in pizza guy commercials

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

I will never forgive the NBA and its fans for not giving him the nickname Matt Bomber

Bonner/Bomber don't scan
Learn some poetry before you post in the NBA thread you ignorant iguana

Wheres jd he's an english teacher he'll back me up

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

IT because he was in pizza guy commercials

Lame imo. IT should be stfbym.

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

The best nickname is James "Jim 'Root Beer Barrel'" Harden, the Sleepwalking Dicktoucher or whatever

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dejan Bimble posted:

Bonner/Bomber don't scan
Learn some poetry before you post in the NBA thread you ignorant iguana

Wheres jd he's an english teacher he'll back me up

DON'T CALL ME THAT, MILLIONS OF AMERICANS ARE VICTIMIZED BY IGNORANT IGUANAS EVERY DAY

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3717225&pagenumber=175&perpage=40#post446274708

the whole page is great, also features some guy named chunkles predicting the rockets as a .500 team (i think i was talking about the rockets? maybe the nuggets)

chunkles fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jan 7, 2017

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Unless you were speculating about the Rockets firing McHale in the summer after they went to the conference finals, you were talking about the Nuggets.

(Thread is from 2015)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've thought that Dunleavy was one of the worst players in the league for like ten years now but he keeps sticking around. Even with that said, if someone gives the Lakers a decent 2nd rounder I wouldn't be mad if they grab him.

• Locked thread