Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The only time I didn't like it is if the guy throws a foot behind me after spinning around and gets me or whatever because I'm sort of close to him. I can't just shoot a foot above roadhog's head and still ding him so I just wanted parity. lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the self-heal is fine imo. gives you time to light him up and if you see an injured hog running for cover you can probably guess what they're gonna do. hes already a giant slow target when he's not sitting still

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

however idk how i feel about the self heal giving him like 25% ult juice lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Dutchy posted:

I think they mean they're making the landing spot for hooked opponents more consistent. Sometimes people would land behind you or off the to the side.

https://gfycat.com/GrossFluidHomalocephale

I hate this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Bobnumerotres posted:

however idk how i feel about the self heal giving him like 25% ult juice lol

It's giving whoever inflicted that damage ult charge too so i think it's a fair trade considering his ult usually isn't a game changer. I'm not great at the game but i'm only now learning why standing at a choke point plinking away at ppl while they heal it off isn't a good idea lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

It's giving whoever inflicted that damage ult charge too so i think it's a fair trade considering his ult usually isn't a game changer. I'm not great at the game but i'm only now learning why standing at a choke point plinking away at ppl while they heal it off isn't a good idea lol

fair point. idk. the 25% overall nerf to ult gain was really nice for the game but theres little dumb things. like why in the world do you still generate ult points while youre dead lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I was gonna stream at least a comp game to stop my number from dropping today but I was too late, but I'll stream one or so anyway cuz whatever. twitch.tv/wormskull

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This game would be a lot better if there was no ults and no stuns and also if it had the maps from TF2 and also it was TF2

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

well I like Winston better than Roadhog now anyway

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

This is one of these changes that look good in paper and then you see a webm of the actual implementation

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

>tfw looking for my team on the point when it's 99% OT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW6nkqUmnYU

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
im not a big fan of the new map :-/

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

im not a big fan of the new map :-/

I like it cuz it's KOTH, but, same.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I dont even want to think about this game until they reverse the Hog change. gently caress you.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I h ope the Games people and /r/ovewatch and the battle.net forums lunatics are complaining extremely loudly about this because it upsets me too much to even think about.. Just gotta pretend this game doesnt exist for a while.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
tbf, this is a pretty good excuse for me to mix things up a bit more in competitive

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I should of just let my SR decay last night... lol What a wild ride.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im very good at leading shots but when it comes to just aiming with hitscan weapons im always behind where they are. my brain is dumb about this so im horrible at soldier and poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://gfycat.com/LividFragrantClam

this is definitely hosed up lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

that first hook the lucio takes his sweet time running into cover and it still breaks what the gently caress lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

One of the greater joys of the game is mastering the skill of reading and baiting a hook and these gifs it's like they've all but taken the psychology out of it entirely. Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Also for working on tracking people and stuff I don't know, you could try instagib and clan arena with lg in Quake in your off time. Lol. I have had above average aim since I started playing PC shooters in like 2008 so I'm not sure how much is just natural and how much you can train. Obviously it must be possible to practice and improve though, but I never did anything except just keep playing shooters.

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Also for working on tracking people and stuff I don't know, you could try instagib and clan arena with lg in Quake in your off time. Lol. I have had above average aim since I started playing PC shooters in like 2008 so I'm not sure how much is just natural and how much you can train. Obviously it must be possible to practice and improve though, but I never did anything except just keep playing shooters.

ive been playing fps games with m&kb for 20 years so i get extremely agitated when people can't aim at a competent level

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive always preferred the weapons with projectiles over hitscan in the shooters i've been playing over 15+ years and now im a retard

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

They should just make the pull faster instead of having it pause between the hit and the yank. It would fix some of the more ridiculous dashing into cover hits and less vulnerable time for Roadhog would be an ok tradeoff for a less reliable hook.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

ive been playing fps games with m&kb for 20 years so i get extremely agitated when people can't aim at a competent level

I wonder how some of the bad aiming I see people do could even be possible but I just figure everyone is different so it don't annoy me. Something extremely bad Crosshair Placement does but that's kinda normal as well lol.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i think most people with bad tracking aim just have a sensitivity that is way too high and games like this and quake only help confuse that point for new players because you also need to turn around a lot

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

when i was unemployed playing quake 16 hours a day i spent a few hours making the perfect custom mouse acceleration curve

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lol i should make a good curve. I always had heard that higher sensitivity is better but lately started noticing doing so much better in fps from lowering the sensitivity a bit

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i didnt have much trouble with it in tf2. i think its how the game handles latency combined with a lot of the models being really tiny and weird. tracer is practically 2D

but im probably just bad

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Overwatch is doing a good job of introducing Blizzard Balance to a new generation of gamers

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I use to gently caress with acceleration but instead just ended up getting used to moving my mouse 8 inches or w/e to look behind me. IMO it's a personal thing though I do recommend people at least try lower sensitivities because you can probably tell right away if it's gonna work for you. When I first heard the theory about low sensitivity being good I went crazy and did like 16 inches to turn in a full circle but I've eventually settled around 10 or 11ish, or 32ish centimeters, I don't really remember. I stopped worrying as much about it as I got older and started realizing these games are more about your critical thinking and awareness anyway.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
ok sorry another hook gif but omg

https://gfycat.com/PointedMindlessIndochinesetiger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

That one's only worth an OMG because it shouldn't have counted as a hit in the first place, since he missed by like 3 feet.

• Locked thread