Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Who needs him. He can hide behind the camera and film ten hour footage of candles burning with clickbait titles
(In all seriousness I just need to see someone other than Mike Jay and Rich for a bit)

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jan 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
but someone needs to exist as eyecandy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

are you saying jack is not a sexy man

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Tired Moritz posted:

That's what Macaulay Culkin is for.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I bring a photo of Jay to the barber and tell them I want my haircut to be like his. If I could lose some weight around the cheeks I'm sure I could pull off a Jay look if my boss didn't get angry with me if I grow any form of facial hair past my upper lip and chin.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Jay is my bae and unironically cute as gently caress. I also like his voice.

kaleidolia
Apr 25, 2012

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The satire was good, but the point has been well-worn especially by them at this point. This is the 4th Rogue One video they have made right?

I appreciate that they found a new and entertaining way to say it. When their usual tone is acting tired and cynical, it's funny to hear them earnestly talking total nonsense.

Although it might also have been that I am really sick of nerd sites going "what this escapist fantasy taught me about real life tragedy".

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

kaleidolia posted:

Although it might also have been that I am really sick of nerd sites going "what this escapist fantasy taught me about real life tragedy".

It is a great film. As a student of history I have seen many films like this and have shown little to no emotion. The films were just windows to the past I've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this film made me stop and evaluate. Putting K-2SO in made me actually look at what is really happening.

KayTee fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jan 6, 2017

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
The loving bronycaust picture will never stop being both sickeningly cringe and loving hilarious.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

KayTee posted:

It is a great film. As a student of history I have seen many films like this and have shown little to no emotion. The films were just windows to the past I've never lived in, people who I never knew or would ever know. But this film made me stop and evaluate. Putting K-2SO in made me actually look at what is really happening.

I love this thread. It provides me with so many interesting and fresh opinions about Star Wars/video games/children's cartoons. It could be my favourite thread on the internet. The discussions are really on point, with posters using reason and logic. And posters who are proved wrong on points of fact always concede graciously. I wish all threads on the internet could be as good as this.

I would tell my friends about this thread only I don't have any friends. So I guess that means I am in the right thread. :)

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben
While that is obvious sarcasm, SA has been better for my 7 years than pretty much any other online community bigger than 50 people I've ever been in.

Still a shithole, just one I like.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jimbot posted:

Do they still have obnoxious opinions on Previously Recorded? I like the actual reviews, most of the time, but them taking free-form during a stream was really painful to watch.
I think the last time I watched them stream a game was when Jack played Fallout NV and he would skip the dialogue because he hates that in games and combat consisted of constantly using VATs :psyduck:

Though to be fair FNV is kind of a hard game to stream/make a video LP of.

Jay O posted:

I dunno, their 1000% commitment to the joke slayed me. If you've seen the millions of Geek News Outlet shill podcasts like this (and they make you wanna cringe yourself into another dimension), they really replicated the black hole of charisma those kind of joyless nerds exude while covering all of their bland copy-paste manchild arguments with just enough sincerity to make the joke land. They may be bitter old fucks, but they own it really well. As somebody who's been entrenched in those tyrannically positive, conflict avoidant, ego-driven "geek communities" for years, I thought the whole bit was pretty genius. I don't see basically anybody else taking jabs at the whole painful ThinkGeek sphere thing, so I'm happy they can tear into that "culture" in a cathartic way.
This just reminds me of how lovely/salty the Korra threads got back in the day; I was probably one of those tyrannically positive geeks who would get really defensive about the show and now in hindsight I kind of feel like a fool for getting upset about opinions.

Playstation 4 posted:

While that is obvious sarcasm, SA has been better for my 7 years than pretty much any other online community bigger than 50 people I've ever been in.

Still a shithole, just one I like.
Yeah SA has problems, but it has aged better than The Spoony Experiment forums, let me tell you.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

achillesforever6 posted:

I think the last time I watched them stream a game was when Jack played Fallout NV and he would skip the dialogue because he hates that in games and combat consisted of constantly using VATs :psyduck:

Though to be fair FNV is kind of a hard game to stream/make a video LP of.

Honestly I don't get why people ask them to play games they've said they probably won't like/definitely don't like, and then get upset when they don't end up enjoying them.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

i am tim! posted:

Honestly I don't get why people ask them to play games they've said they probably won't like/definitely don't like, and then get upset when they don't end up enjoying them.

People like getting angry about trivial stuff on the internet. We have a thread somewhere on SA that proves it.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

i am tim! posted:

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

People like getting angry about trivial stuff on the internet. We have a thread somewhere on SA that proves it.

I tend to assume it's more "I really, really love this bit of media! It's so good and makes me so happy, surely even these guys will love it as much as I do! I cannot conceive of other people having different preferences from my own!" And then it turns out that no, your favorite is not capable of transcending the "I'm not into this" barrier, and that's super upsetting for... some reason? Some people just get really weird if their taste isn't shared or validated.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

kaleidolia posted:

I appreciate that they found a new and entertaining way to say it. When their usual tone is acting tired and cynical, it's funny to hear them earnestly talking total nonsense.

I mean, Rogue One is pretty blatantly a movie about the atomic bomb

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Augus posted:

I mean, Rogue One is pretty blatantly a movie about the atomic bomb

It is pretty easy to make a case for it being about The Bombe though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm genuinely happy RLM has gone full just incredibly bitter old men because those were the funniest moments of past videos anyway

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sExTt4j69zI

RLM is really going all in with this piss take, aren't they?

This rules hahaha

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

i am tim! posted:

Cause sometimes they've asked to them try things that absolutely seem like the kinda things they'd dig, but then they go in wanting to hate it for whatever reason and it's just crappy to watch the whole way through, because they're not trying whatsoever and then gripe when they didn't listen to anything. It's obnoxious and lovely in an unfunny and terrible to watch way.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
It does suck watching them play games that they don't enjoy, but I can't buy into the whole "They go into it wanting to hate it" reasoning. It smacks of that "No you're just looking at it wrong" sentiment that people bust out to rationalize the subjective differences that happen when it turns out that people engage with media in different ways and for different reasons. They're not doing anything wrong by not looking forward to or even dreading playing a game that they have never played before when they see it presented to them with all the story tropes and gameplay conventions that they have experienced and not enjoyed in other games.

Uploading that experience as entertainment lovely and really they should just say "NO!" but I guess seeing people play games that they hate has an audience.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Rich Evans' laugh belongs in a museum. It doesn't matter if the thing he's laughing at is funny or not. If he's laughing, I'm laughing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

i am tim! posted:

Uploading that experience as entertainment lovely and really they should just say "NO!" but I guess seeing people play games that they hate has an audience.

Let me tell you about a man named DarkSydePhil....

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Rich Evans' laugh belongs in a museum. It doesn't matter if the thing he's laughing at is funny or not. If he's laughing, I'm laughing.

This is why I miss Jessie too. Although when one of them is able to get Mike to laugh, that is beautiful.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9DIAnBby0Q

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really like the episode where they watched thunderpants because Jessie likes fart jokes, and they all ended up enjoying it as a fun kids movie.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

:perfect:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

I really like the episode where they watched thunderpants because Jessie likes fart jokes, and they all ended up enjoying it as a fun kids movie.

Jessie was such a wonderful ray of warmth and sunshine and the BotW videos she showed up in were some of the best ever. That's one of the things I will never forgive RLM's godawful general fanbase for is driving her away from doing any more on camera stuff for RLM by being lovely Internet People who just couldn't loving handle "womz" being funny.

I hope Mike, Jay, Rich, and Jack just keep making GBS threads on their fanbase relentlessly and viciously until the end of time with stuff like their most recent few Rogue One videos because they loving deserve to be poo poo on.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I understood why MovieBob was disliked by so many people but still enjoyed a lot of his videos, but then I just saw him declare Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the worst reboot ever and I'm up in arms.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

WickedHate posted:

I understood why MovieBob was disliked by so many people but still enjoyed a lot of his videos, but then I just saw him declare Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the worst reboot ever and I'm up in arms.

I don't know if I'd call Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a reboot. A reboot would imply that they're restarting the series. Maybe there were plans to make Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator into a film, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. Still that's not the worst thing I've heard Bob say.

This, on the other hand...

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

He appears to have deleted that tweet.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Max Wilco posted:

I don't know if I'd call Charlie and the Chocolate Factory a reboot. A reboot would imply that they're restarting the series. Maybe there were plans to make Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator into a film, but I don't remember hearing anything about it. Still that's not the worst thing I've heard Bob say.

This, on the other hand...

I bet this guy loving loved Idiocracy. Man, I hated that film. For what jokes it had were just ruined by it having a disgusting message.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I think Idiocracy was more cultural than genetic, so not eugenics, strictly speaking. However, despite that it did advance a really lovely mentality that was already prevalent in "nerd" communities that they were the only real people and mainstream society was vapid sheeple and blah blah reality TV.

Idiocracy would have been better if it didn't have the beginning montage explaining the premise and just have the dude wake up in an inexplicably dumb future, perhaps because of reliance on technology ala Wall-E.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yes it is eugenics. The founding idea of eugenics is that "undesirable" people have more kids than "desirable" people and that this must be stopped. It doesn't matter if it's some stupid racist pseudo science or classist pseudo science. It's still eugenics.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Fair enough! I can agree with that. Not arguing.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
I, too, was deeply offended by the concept of Futurama.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Jimbot posted:

I bet this guy loving loved Idiocracy. Man, I hated that film. For what jokes it had were just ruined by it having a disgusting message.

Idiocracy had a good first five minutes or so comparing the rich and poor family. Which total bullshit in terms of any sort of statistics it worked as a decent SNL length sketch. The rest of the movie was just really forced and awful, worst of all giving smug assholes free reign to say "See! Basically a documentary!"

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Tracula posted:

Idiocracy had a good first five minutes or so comparing the rich and poor family. Which total bullshit in terms of any sort of statistics it worked as a decent SNL length sketch. The rest of the movie was just really forced and awful, worst of all giving smug assholes free reign to say "See! Basically a documentary!"

Counterpoint: Donald Trump is president

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Red Mundus posted:

Wow, I remember watching Ethan from H3H3 back when he first started but haven't watched them in forever. Decided to see what he was making now and uh...:stare: yikes, quite the change indeed.

I almost feel like he became the person he used to mock. The video I watched was "MTV hates white people" and it was cringey as gently caress. Is he turning into Sargon of Akkad or whoever?

What's sad about h3h3 pandering to the alt-right is that Ethan and Hila are essentially doing a minstrel show for an audience that likely outright hates them for existing. I used to like their videos when it was just "goofs and gaffs," but now I wonder if they're doing this to gain more popularity in the burgeoning market that's validating the alt-right.

Tracula posted:

Augus posted:

Yeah, not to get into politics but a large amount of the population voted in a billionaire because they think he's going to help them escape crushing poverty. They think a billionaire is going to be the friend of the common man. They think a vulture capitalist and profligate is going to fix the system that he and his family built their fortune from. What's worse is that President Camacho is going to look a vastly better choice in the coming years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Vanderdeath posted:

Yeah, not to get into politics but a large amount of the population voted in a billionaire because they think he's going to help them escape crushing poverty. They think a billionaire is going to be the friend of the common man. They think a vulture capitalist and profligate is going to fix the system that he and his family built their fortune from. What's worse is that President Camacho is going to look a vastly better choice in the coming years.
Given how seriously he took his job or helping out America I think President Camacho would have been a better president than Hillary, hell better than any president we've had since Carter.

Augus posted:

Counter-Counterpoint:Idiocracy's America would have elected a better president, probably that gay guy with the tigers.

• Locked thread