Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Henchman of Santa posted:

Cucumbers are the literal blandest food in existence how can it be overpowering?

I seem to recall reading that there could be a genetic component to it, like cilantro, but not sure. Either way, it just totally does to me and I get poo poo on about it all the time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Cucumbers are the literal blandest food in existence how can it be overpowering?

Yeah that's super weird. Maybe it's like cilantro where some people have a gene that makes it taste awful.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I will echo that I don't understand why people put cucumbers on anything for reasons other than vague "healthiness." It's like putting water on your food, except chewy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I go to a nearby Subway for lunch every day, so I frequently see the sandwiches other people get. I cannot understand why some people put so much poo poo on their sandwich. I can understand putting all the vegetables/peppers/etc on, but some people will also put like 5 different sauces on the sandwich that don't seem like they' go well together at all (just yesterday someone got Mayo + Ranch + Honey Mustard + Oil & Vinegar + Chipotle Southwest on their sandwich). And not just a little - every single sauce will have like twice the amount I'd put on if I were getting it alone!

edit: I imagine it's like drug addiction, except with the strong fatty taste you get from sauces. People gradually build a tolerance until they have to pour a massive amount of the poo poo on their sandwich to taste anything.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Ytlaya posted:

edit: I imagine it's like drug addiction, except with the strong fatty taste you get from sauces. People gradually build a tolerance until they have to pour a massive amount of the poo poo on their sandwich to taste anything.

It's the same way with perfumes. I'm not sensitive to them at all, but when I can smell you from ten feet away, your poo poo's too strong. Spritz the air and walk through; how hard is that?

Lately it's been really bad at the gym. A-who wears perfume to the gym? (this was in the morning so it's not like they came straight from work) and B-why so much?!

Re cucumber chat, I love them, will eat them just about anytime (except gently caress your "cucumber in place of bread" "sandwiches" wtf is wrong with you), but I get the hate. If I burp two hours later I can still taste them, even after brushing my teeth. There's just a weird taste to them that I personally love, but I can see why people hate it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Maggie Fletcher posted:

It's the same way with perfumes. I'm not sensitive to them at all, but when I can smell you from ten feet away, your poo poo's too strong. Spritz the air and walk through; how hard is that?

Once when rushing out the door I tried to air-spritz and spritzed right in my eyes instead :downs:

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.
I don't like avocados either. Not too long ago it was National Avocado Day. Someone on my Friend's List went crazy with avocado pictures. Dude even got an avocado Christmas ornament. They're not that great.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I will echo that I don't understand why people put cucumbers on anything for reasons other than vague "healthiness." It's like putting water on your food, except chewy.

I feel the exact same way about lettuce. Why is it on every sandwich? People say texture but I hate the texture!

The assumption that one always wants toppings is a big pet peeve of mine.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bean_shadow posted:

I don't like avocados either. Not too long ago it was National Avocado Day. Someone on my Friend's List went crazy with avocado pictures. Dude even got an avocado Christmas ornament. They're not that great.

Well, not for eating

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
When I'm out with friends and their friends and someone mentions either Arnold Schwarzenegger or Christopher Walken and I die a little inside because I know whats coming next. Because everyone knows that one jackass who thinks he's a comedic prodigy and starts doing impersonations of these two actors, neither of whom have done anything funny or noteworthy for like 15 years. It is so beyond cringeworthy.

Oh he said the cowbell thing! Get to the choppah! Get it?!?!?!

What's worse is everyone is in tears laughing like its so original and fresh. Maybe I'm a grinch but goddamn do I hate these impressions of these two guys in particular.

The Archaic has a new favorite as of 01:48 on Jan 7, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Your friends sound fun

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

oldpainless posted:

Your friends sound fun

My friends are great. It's always their friends who do poo poo like this, and internet crap like "all of the epic win" in real life.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

oldpainless posted:

Well, not for eating

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

genetic_knockout posted:

I seem to recall reading that there could be a genetic component to it, like cilantro, but not sure. Either way, it just totally does to me and I get poo poo on about it all the time!

I love cucumbers but they give me heartburn worse than any other single food. I do find the taste to be strangely strong for such a bland-looking vegetable.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's an aggressive blandness. I only tolerate it in greek salads or other stuff with a strong dressing. Otherwise I never eat it.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

The Archaic posted:

When I'm out with friends and their friends and someone mentions either Arnold Schwarzenegger or Christopher Walken and I die a little inside because I know whats coming next. Because everyone knows that one jackass who thinks he's a comedic prodigy and starts doing impersonations of these two actors, neither of whom have done anything funny or noteworthy for like 15 years. It is so beyond cringeworthy.

What's worse is everyone is in tears laughing like its so original and fresh. Maybe I'm a grinch but goddamn do I hate these impressions of these two guys in particular.

Is it okay to say "Dylan you son of a bitch" to greet my friend? :ohdear:

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Unionize today!

Bobby Digital posted:

Is it okay to say "Dylan you son of a bitch" to greet my friend? :ohdear:

Yes, because

a) it's not overused like the other poo poo he says
b) I most likely won't be around to be annoyed by it so go hog wild

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

What about the handshake that has to be done afterward?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Cat and dog spelled as catte and dogge.

It's stupid as poo poo. Quit being so stupid.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

some new people moved in to the apartment below us and I guess it's just cursed to be full of noisy-rear end people. the previous tenant, the contractors, the people who loving broke in, and now these dudes. :smithicide:

e: with the exception of the people who broke in, at least the others weren't noisy after like 10pm. holy poo poo my dudes

snoo has a new favorite as of 05:52 on Jan 7, 2017

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Did you try ringing the doorbell and politely telling them they are being too loud? It really works some times.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Whenever someone writes something like "$2 million", I always read it as "two dollars million". Just write "two million dollars", or even "$2,000,000".

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

The Archaic posted:

I always hate when people do Arnold impressions because they always just do the lazy thing of punctuating every sentence with D'aaaaahhh - something that I don't remember Arnold ever saying. Lego City Undercover had an entire construction site level lead by the most obnoxious example of this, he sounded nothing like Arnold at all. He just worked his movie titles into his dialog in a bad Austrian accent. Lines like "GET HIM TO THE CHOPPA! I mean the ambulance. GET HIM TO THE AMBULANCE" were literally there. Some were amusing, like "Someone fix that gate. Can't you hear it Jingle all the Way?" and "Quickly, put the fire out. Wait, why is the building on fire? WHICH STUPID SET TH BUILDING ON FIRE!?" that were funny but overall he was bad.

Razorwired
Dec 7, 2008

It's about to start!
Yuppie potlucks

I love potlucks. Grew up in a poor rural community where the churches were chill with drop ins. Making a giant pot of stew or pans of bread to share with friends is extremely my poo poo. But when I moved for school I noticed a weird trend. They do potlucks here but they're decidedly not for poor people. You usually get invited while you're milling about your office of choice. And the invitation seems like your standard "giant pots of good cheap food" affair.

When you get there everything comes from a co op or specialty store and people will only approach a pot of homemade chili to declare all their intolerances and how the meat is unethical. I'd you wanna bring food be ready to shell out 50 bucks on ingredients or hear about your offensive food for poors all night.

The last time I was shredding Tillamook sharp cheddar into something and got told "You should try the stuff from the cheese shop downtown. It's SOOO much better!"

Whats funny is I'm acquainted with the owner of that shop. Her dinner parties are amazing. And she understands why my poor rear end doesn't frequent her shop for $18/pound artisinal cheese every time I want to make twice baked potatoes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Get better friends/coworkers. Our potlucks are great.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Picky eaters should never host potlucks and if they do they deserve any suffering they endure as a result. The whole idea of a potluck is counter to hating poors - if you are so above them, why aren't you catering the entire meal yourself? That way you get to wave your wallet size around while also getting to eat your special snowflake vegan gluten free food.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I'm with you. There's nothing outright offensive about the taste of cucumbers, but the flavor is so strong it dominates the flavor of whatever you're eating. If you're eating a sandwich with cucumber on it it might as well only have cucumber on it because you won't taste anything more than vague hints of anything else.

So you'll eat rear end but you won't eat cucumbers

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
What if the cucumber's been in an rear end? Does that improve the cucumber or ruin the rear end?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

bean_shadow posted:

I don't like avocados, either. I like guacamole, but that's about it.

There was a brief period where my mom kept trying to get us to eat them. She'd buy a bag of them and find different recipes: chicken salad with avocados, egg salad with guacamole, baked guacamole halves with an egg on top... just couldn't get over the taste and texture. Actually, the texture's not even that bad. It just doesn't have that good of a taste.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
. nah loving hell I was being a dick.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Jan 8, 2017

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

fizzymercy posted:

Those are always the best posts though

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

fizzymercy posted:

:justpost:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

ok I know I complain about everything at this place but this is the recycling dumpster:

it's full of garbage.

it's overflowing with garbage.

now my husband was trying to put our bin of cans/bottles into an empty box by the side because we couldn't just dump it in like we normally do. we go through the effort of separating stuff, and breaking down boxes to take up less space. we don't throw plastic bags in there because the county doesn't accept those, so we have a cardboard box we repurposed for a bin and fill it with cans/bottles/etc. and dump that in the recycling dumpster, and usually put the flattened boxes in a paper bag.

I could almost understand people throwing literal garbage in there EXCEPT that the actual garbage dumpsters are CLOSER to the apartment buildings than this recycling dumpster, which is across the parking lot. the garbage dumpsters are like, always almost empty, while the recycling one is always overflowing with trash.

loving assholes

e: it has a fairly worn-out sign that says 'RECYCLABLES ONLY' on it in english and spanish, would it be considered vandalism to tape a bigger sign to it or something? lmao

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Okay but this is so rageful.

gently caress YOU DICKHOLE DOWNSTAIRS NEIGHBOR THAT KEEPS SAYING I'M LOUD. Cause I listen to all my music on headphones, play my guitar on headphones, and stopped playing my drums. I must be tapping my drat feet too much for this rear end in a top hat that. Will. Not. STOP WHINING. I hope, Friends-style, that I stamp my feet too hard and give you a heartattack you useless hoarder! Or maybe I blast Racer X til I go deaf? Cause then maybe you have a complaint.

However, Snoo? MOVE. Honey you live in a hellhole and you need to look around for something less miserable. And I promise double promise I didn't mean to sound like I was cussing in your direction. Cause holy poo poo babe...that sounds like hell.

Edit: Guy just asked me to turn down my TV. I don't own one? I'm starting to think he's trying to make friends with me by being weird.

fizzymercury has a new favorite as of 02:33 on Jan 8, 2017

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
See, that wasn't so bad! I feel bad for both you and Snoo, you are clearly on opposite ends of the poo poo spectrum here, and both are terrible situations. Apartment buildings are the absolute worst and I definitely don't miss living in one! Snoo, I second that you should try to move if possible (I know, easier said than done, but still). Some things are just not worth gambling with your sanity. Hang in there, both of you!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lol we're poor :smith:

I hoped we could move at the end of our lease but it doesn't look like we'll be able to.

fizzymercy I'd hate to get complained at just for walking around or... poo poo like your non-existent TV :laffo: I'm so sorry

I promise I'm not bothered by normal living noises, it's just all the thumping bass and screaming and stuff that goes on for hours that freaks me out.

they recently allowed dogs here and while I love dogs, I honestly don't believe it would go well in this place... I hope that no one gets one. especially the people with kids. yikes

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Creepy guys who whine, in public, how they can't get laid. Loudly. And not drunk.

Sober creepy incel guys, is there a word for that other than Nice Guy?

Went out to eat with a high school friend last night, dinner and a walk around the outlet mall/city center (since it's finally cool enough to do so, who the gently caress made an outdoor mall in loving Phoenix!) while I played Pokemon Go and he ranted about being incel without using the actual word.

Now if we were alone, fine, bitch about how you can't get laid. But this was loving public, near the ice skate rink, with lots of teenagers and kids around. Every couple we'd pass, friend would make some underhanded comment about how it's so unfair a guy that ugly has a hot chick and you KNOW HE'S loving HER IN THE rear end. All the college girls do it in the rear end! He needs to get laid!

Really? Dude, if you would (a) loving cut your loving hair, it's down to your rear end and it's all split ends! and (b) maybe stop looking like a serial killer with the hair and the weird beard and (c) stop being so loving desperate to get laid, you'd get loving laid!

Bonus points for me having fun despite him whining. Even with the drunk guys cheering about Pokemon poo poo, while my friend waited and grumbled about how they're drunk douches who probably get to gently caress their girls in the rear end all the time.

Weird, I got hit on by various people who were either drunk/flirty or just having fun, but probably because I wasn't glaring at the crowds and looking like I might blow the place up. A six foot something guy scowling at people and clearly staring at 20-something girls and muttering about not getting any sex and loving them in the rear end isn't going to get many takers!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Get a new friend, ASAP.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Cowslips Warren posted:

Creepy guys who whine, in public, how they can't get laid. Loudly. And not drunk.

Sober creepy incel guys, is there a word for that other than Nice Guy?

Went out to eat with a high school friend last night, dinner and a walk around the outlet mall/city center (since it's finally cool enough to do so, who the gently caress made an outdoor mall in loving Phoenix!) while I played Pokemon Go and he ranted about being incel without using the actual word.

Now if we were alone, fine, bitch about how you can't get laid. But this was loving public, near the ice skate rink, with lots of teenagers and kids around. Every couple we'd pass, friend would make some underhanded comment about how it's so unfair a guy that ugly has a hot chick and you KNOW HE'S loving HER IN THE rear end. All the college girls do it in the rear end! He needs to get laid!

Really? Dude, if you would (a) loving cut your loving hair, it's down to your rear end and it's all split ends! and (b) maybe stop looking like a serial killer with the hair and the weird beard and (c) stop being so loving desperate to get laid, you'd get loving laid!

Bonus points for me having fun despite him whining. Even with the drunk guys cheering about Pokemon poo poo, while my friend waited and grumbled about how they're drunk douches who probably get to gently caress their girls in the rear end all the time.

Weird, I got hit on by various people who were either drunk/flirty or just having fun, but probably because I wasn't glaring at the crowds and looking like I might blow the place up. A six foot something guy scowling at people and clearly staring at 20-something girls and muttering about not getting any sex and loving them in the rear end isn't going to get many takers!
Btw thanks for hanging out with me last night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
more like oldbuttfuckless, am I right?