Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

joebuddah posted:

I was thinking that James Roday as Shawn.

JK Simmons just so he can shout at them to stop wasting his time and sort it out themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
The Good Place is returning this Thursday for the first of four episodes to close out season 1. Season 2 will probably come late 2017.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm so forking happy!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

precision posted:

I'm so forking happy!

Don't lose your shirt over it.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gobbeldygook posted:

The Good Place is returning this Thursday for the first of four episodes to close out season 1. Season 2 will probably come late 2017.
Wait they went on hiatus for all of November and December and there were only four episodes left? That's loving stupid

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fast Luck posted:

Wait they went on hiatus for all of November and December and there were only four episodes left? That's loving stupid

That's NBC!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So everything about the Good Place is definitely spinning out of control.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jason has good rankings for the :rice: movies

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

In a weird bit of synchronicity the kid who played young Chidi was also black Charlie on this week's Sunny.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.
So they're going to save Jason and Eleanor by marrying them off to Good Place people right? That should get them Good Place citizenship. And Tahani can marry Eleanor!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm just a girl, towering over a boy.

Her comic timing is so good.

30 episodes over 16 years... hahahah

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jan 6, 2017

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I don't know if that was the best episode yet, but it's by far my favorite so far.

"What?"

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rocksicles posted:

I never actually noticed how tall Tahani is ... if only because everyone looks like Andre the Giant next to Kristen Bell.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
she's like 5'11" without shoes on

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Rocksicles posted:

That killed me. So glad this show is back.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Laughed at the remixed Here Comes The Bride; cackled at Jason feeding Janet cake

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe
Yes, Janet's sort-of bemused expression as he mashes the cake over her mouth, which is kind-of a tradition in and of itself (but you just know it was unintentional; he never thought about whether Janet knew she should eat cake or not), made it all work. So cheerfully clueless while knowing literally everything in the world.

I really like her performance.

This was a pretty good episode to get people re-acquainted with what all is going on. It wasn't terribly funny all the way through, but I feel like I'm ready for more after such a long break.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Good episode, but I feel like a lot of the love stuff came totally out of nowhere, especially between Fake Eleanor/Chidi. But it was all resolved within this episode too so not a huge deal.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Rocksicles posted:

30 episodes over 16 years... hahahah

That one loving slayed me.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe
Wasn't it almost 30 episodes? As in, there were actually 29, maximum.

I love that a show in the UK might only have one episode per season. Sorry, I mean, one episode per series.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
That's about the rate that Sherlock's going.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

xbilkis posted:

Laughed at the remixed Here Comes The Bride; cackled at Jason feeding Janet cake

Eleanor's cackling when Jason ripped off his tuxedo sleeves was the biggest laugh I got out of the episode.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
The Eleanors were hit by a bus, Chidi got smooshed by an air conditioner. Have they shown what killed Tahani? Is getting flattened like a pancake a prerequisite for getting into the Good Place?

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Fun Shoe

PotatoJudge posted:

The Eleanors were hit by a bus, Chidi got smooshed by an air conditioner. Have they shown what killed Tahani? Is getting flattened like a pancake a prerequisite for getting into the Good Place?

Maybe not a prerequisite, but I bet you get a ton of points for getting offed by surprise. Think of it like extra credit.

Or, maybe that's just insane, but the system was programmed incorrectly and it awarded huge points for surprise deaths involving being smooshed by things. That neighborhood might be filled with really good people and bad people who were crushed by various things.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

PotatoJudge posted:

Maybe Good Place neighborhoods are organized by cause of death? Like people who died of disease wouldn't be in the same neighborhood as people who were murdered.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

PotatoJudge posted:

I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that this is a comedy and they're looking for deaths which can seem funny.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

I really enjoyed child Chidi agonizing over choices in soccer and filibustering recess. :kimchi:

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
This show is magical. How is it doing in the ratings?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I expect we'll see Sean next week, since this episode had "Sean could show up at any moment!"

Really hoping he's played by someone recognizable, Nick Offerman would be great indeed.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

constantIllusion posted:

Maybe Good Place neighborhoods are organized by cause of death? Like people who died of disease wouldn't be in the same neighborhood as people who were murdered.

Love this idea.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Speaking about how people have died makes me realize how few, if any, elderly people are in the neighborhood. Only goes to fuel my belief that old people are the worst.

The whole Chibi being able to make any decision whatsoever felt like it came a bit out of nowhere, was he this ridiculously bad with decisions earlier in the season?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Andrew_1985 posted:

This show is magical. How is it doing in the ratings?

Nothing groundbreaking, but it should easily get renewed

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

PotatoJudge posted:

I suspect the video of Jason goofing around with the hurricane reporter was probably a hint about how he passed on.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

"Send me nude pics of your heart" killed me. I had to pause. First time in years that's happened. I think last time was Brooklyn Nine-Nine's first season.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Speaking about how people have died makes me realize how few, if any, elderly people are in the neighborhood. Only goes to fuel my belief that old people are the worst.

The whole Chibi being able to make any decision whatsoever felt like it came a bit out of nowhere, was he this ridiculously bad with decisions earlier in the season?

Not specifically, but there was the recurring thing where he got a stomach ache any time he had to face a moral quandary, as well as his issues with finishing his book, so it's not really out of left field or anything.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

That still feels a bit different to 'man struggles to order from menu', but at least it has some basis rather than just feeling like a trait invented for a one off B plot.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Just finished the episode and at this particular moment I can't think of anything ever that's funnier than Jason and Janet's marriage. Like, every single part of it from the simple concept to Eleanor's delirious bemusement to "does anyone object?" to the vows to Chidi having no idea what the gently caress was happening.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Janet is great and I hope their marriage lasts.

"Janet, I love you!"
:downs: "Okay!"

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I'm convinced Chidi's in the Good Place because he did nothing. Like, he's absolute neutral from Futurama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He's super moral and ethical. Like, there's no question about that and he's repeatedly done the selfless/right thing in the Good Place at great risk of his own fate. But yeah, he clearly spend his entire life too indecisive to do any tangible act of good or bad.

He's kind of an interesting foil to Tahani in that respect where she clearly did a lot of good acts but seemed to get a lot of personal satisfaction and smugness from it and was driven by a need to be praised. Tahani's kind of a case of "if you can rack up the points with deeds the why doesn't matter" and Chidi is an example of "if your intentions and thoughts are pure and good then it doesn't matter that you never did anything about it."

And then you have Real Eleanor who appears to be the best of both worlds.

• Locked thread