Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i probably would have also bought those modest mouse records for 2 bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
Do they still have a "vintage" records section with copies of the invisible touch for $12?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Schremp Howard posted:

Do they still have a "vintage" records section with copies of the invisible touch for $12?

Yes. It's the weirdest thing. I don't know how they select those 'Vintage Records!' but it seems like they literally take whatever busted copy they can get their hands on, shrink wrap and sticker it, and throw it on the shelves. Bizarre selection.

All of them were 20+ dollars too

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
How the gently caress are you supposed to check a "vintage record" for scratches if they're all sealed up?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to check a "vintage record" for scratches if they're all sealed up?

Very carefully.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

I took a chance on this thing. With cheap shipping it's less than a buck a record.

https://store.noidearecords.com/collections/new-on-no-idea/products/grab-bag-of-35-7-records

Because I need more random stuff....

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I've liked a bunch of bands on No Idea before, so I'm in. I did a similar thing with Deep Elm years back with CDs and while nothing was truly awesome, I don't remember it being a bad grab pack either.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
No idea owns if you're into punk stuff. I wouldn't mind throwing them that money.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just picked pretty sweet yamaha receiver and speakers for $250 today, should serve me well

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

bowmore posted:

just picked pretty sweet yamaha receiver and speakers for $250 today, should serve me well

let's see em

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Now THIS is America!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Early 80s country was all about long haul trucking

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Toe Rag posted:

You can send that Political Asylum 7" my way if you don't like it :hehe:

Nah, it's great. Is it stupid expensive or something?

e: discogs says no

hexwren fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jan 8, 2017

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Boinks posted:

Early 80s country was all about long haul trucking

Got my chips cashed in

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I have a somewhat cool old 45 of he Teamsters anthem that has Jimmy Hoffa on the credits

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

petit choux posted:

Now THIS is America!

The White Knight is a redneck answer to Convoy. It's not exactly an uplifting trucker song, though.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

petit choux posted:

Now THIS is America!

Dick Curless is a really unfortunate name.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gozinbulx posted:

let's see em

ignore the mess, still setting up, two surround speakers and sub not in picture

yamaha rx-v371 is the receiver model

last owner paid $1200 for it in 2012 apparently, man the prices for sound systems in Australia is bonkers

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Nice username/post combo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol, well it was free and does the job

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

petit choux posted:

Now THIS is America!

When you listen to "Convoy", mentally replace the word "truck" (and it's variations) with "gently caress".

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Enos Cabell posted:

Nice username/post combo.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

You should watch Drive again.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

caligulamprey posted:

I was thinking kung fu hustle.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
deffo a good buy

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

caligulamprey posted:

I don't actually think that will happen

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

petit choux posted:

Now THIS is America!

something tells me that white line fever is surreptitiously/not-so-surreptitiously about cocaine

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
Hey it cost way too loving goddamn poo poo much but I got the Lemon Jelly .ky EP thing

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
There will a third repress with even more messed up cover art of Carpenter Brut's Trilogy. So if you've missed that you should probably follow Carpenter Brut or Neuropa Records on Facebook or something.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
those feels when you finally get to listen to your records on a decent system

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -