Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look! A Horse!
Feb 10, 2010

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Precisely zero. :cripes:

So how are you going to go about getting a job where you ensure you get paid? I remember that was a problem for 'nice boy', that tenant of yours. How prevalent is not paying your employers?

Have you considered dishwashing? they'll take anyone, its fairly easy, and you can work your way up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

compshateme85
Jan 28, 2009

Oh you like racoons? Name three of their songs. You dope.

I was going to send you money, rear end in a top hat. I like your stories. But I get home from work and now I can't. At least make an Amazon wishlist.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

My man have you heard of bitcoin?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

compshateme85 posted:

I was going to send you money, rear end in a top hat. I like your stories. But I get home from work and now I can't.

I'm sorry, man. I think we all can agree that it's really difficult to embarrass me, but this internet panhandling really went over the edge, not to mention that it was in spectacularly poor taste. :ughh:

compshateme85 posted:

At least make an Amazon wishlist.

What kind of sorcery is that?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Do they have Amazon in Croatia?

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

HIJK posted:

Do they have Amazon in Croatia?

Nope, the closest thing is amazon in Italy. And I don't speak a word of Italian, dunno how to navigate the pages and search for shoes.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India
You can use German amazon just fine, they even have an English version.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Google directed me to a "wait, why the hell can't we ship to Croatia?" Amazon forum thread that's been going on for over three years. drat, dude. Apparently, you can ship stuff to Croatia from Amazon UK, but I'm guessing shipping's a bitch.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Scarpe is Italian for shoes. Schuhe is the German word.

Stoca Zola
Jun 28, 2008

you were warned posted:

Google directed me to a "wait, why the hell can't we ship to Croatia?" Amazon forum thread that's been going on for over three years. drat, dude. Apparently, you can ship stuff to Croatia from Amazon UK, but I'm guessing shipping's a bitch.

Might be worth a look anyway, I've found in some cases it's cheaper to ship from the UK to Australia than it is to ship something in Australia to the next town over. Croatia is closer to the UK too.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

JacquelineDempsey posted:

that neat tip about putting Nivea inside your shoes, because I need my boots to last as long as possible.

You can never put enough Nivea in your shoes - I recommend about a teaspoon of cream per shoe. You will not believe how much Nivea your shoes will absorb, and the leather is going to become incredibly soft and nice. Always do this whenever you buy new shoes - the leather on new shoes tends to be unpleasantly stiff - treat them with Nivea and leave them overnight. And I guarantee you'll be pleasantly surprised in the morning.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Asf I was going to donate but I got probated, sorry man :(

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Hi there, little friend! I was wondering if you and I could -- oh.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Quick, mouth to mouth!

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude

I was going to send you dough, maybe that's why I was getting an error. I get that it's embarrassing but I wouldn't mind contributing to you getting some new shoes. I like the pictures and the stories, this thread has been a great entertainment for me but I ultimately want you to get better.

Re: working with bowel problems:

I have Crohn's disease. It came very close to ruining my life a bunch of times but you just have to persevere, I managed to graduate from a university program, moved to another town for a post-grad program, and got a job and all the time I was making GBS threads my guts out. You can do it man, it's just hard.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

If you want to send me your address (username at gmail.com) I could send you a care package from here in Canada instead. I don't have any extra shoes but I could definitely send you some cool and funny poo poo.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I went out on my bike to take a picture of this amusingly tacky wall mural painted on the firehouse in the Dugave estate. This looks to me like an advertisement for some sort of fundie church in a small midwestern town or something, and the author obviously failed their engrish class because just look at that poo poo, it makes no sense at all. :)

Can someone cast some light on the origin of this strange mural? Mormons? :iiam:

It's been pretty cold the past few days and I'm temporarily putting the bike away - getting sweaty when it's freezing outside is pretty much begging for bronchitis or pneumonia, and my nose tends to run all the time while I'm riding - stopping every minute or so to blow my nose out gets old really fast.

Millow posted:

If you want to send me your address (username at gmail.com) I could send you a care package from here in Canada instead. I don't have any extra shoes but I could definitely send you some cool and funny poo poo.

edit: oops

A SWEATY FATBEARD fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Feb 3, 2017

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

That looks like some kind of testament to North American Aboriginals (especially with the moose and the bear) but I guess they painted Africans instead??

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Looks like Jehovah's Witnesses. They love paintings of people chilling with random savage beasts for some reason.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

I meant you actual physical address, check your email.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 4, 2017

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Can someone cast some light on the origin of this strange mural? Mormons? :iiam:

"Arrival of black people in Dugave", street artist Stipan Tadić, 2011. Probably a reference to a shelter for asylum seekers there.

https://vizkultura.hr/od-psihodelije-do-betonizacije/ (in croatian)

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Why does that dude have a koala on his leg?? You're gonna have a tough time in Croatian heaven if you keep smuggling in exotic wildlife.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

My

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I love not being able to edit.

Anyway.

My uncle was in the Dutch army in the 90's as a procurement officer and there was a shipment of 3 tons of breakfast porridge that got a tiny amount of bird poop on it. They were going to destroy all of the 3 tons but instead he wanted to send it to Bosnia (Same diff as Croatia amirite). He got indignant when they didn't want the shat-on porridge lol.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

spankmeister posted:

I love not being able to edit.

Anyway.

My uncle was in the Dutch army in the 90's as a procurement officer and there was a shipment of 3 tons of breakfast porridge that got a tiny amount of bird poop on it. They were going to destroy all of the 3 tons but instead he wanted to send it to Bosnia (Same diff as Croatia amirite). He got indignant when they didn't want the shat-on porridge lol.

Reminds me of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8I1ImzoXvU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

spankmeister posted:

a shipment of 3 tons of breakfast porridge

This reminds me of the tinned beef cans EU sent over for the Bosnian refugees back in 1993. These were tall white cans with a blue EU flag painted on, and the meat inside was surprisingly good - it was a blob of corned beef and if you cut it up into small chunks, it made for an amazing stew filler. Refugees attempted to sell these cans but few people were willing to buy them - you could buy a carton of these things off the refugees but that means that you'd be eating the same old thing every day, which puts you in the same boat as them - so a lot of this stuff ended up getting thrown out because even the refugees grew tired of tinned beef. Uncle Bruno recovered a great deal of these cans from the dumpsters. :D

Amazingly, I recently saw one of those cans for sale at the flea market - it was dented and horribly rusted. I don't know who would've bought it - except maybe out of curiosity - because the meat inside was at least twenty years old by then. I planned to go to the flea market this morning and take a few pictures, but the weather was really nasty and I gave up - relatively few people bother to show up when it's snowing, for obvious reasons.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

:stare::hf::black101:

This should not be making me laugh nearly as hard as it is. Or at all, probably. Holy gently caress. I think the music is what makes it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I especially like it when a pigeon escapes, only to fly directly into it's death moments later.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

This reminds me of the tinned beef cans EU sent over for the Bosnian refugees back in 1993. These were tall white cans with a blue EU flag painted on, and the meat inside was surprisingly good - it was a blob of corned beef and if you cut it up into small chunks, it made for an amazing stew filler. Refugees attempted to sell these cans but few people were willing to buy them - you could buy a carton of these things off the refugees but that means that you'd be eating the same old thing every day, which puts you in the same boat as them - so a lot of this stuff ended up getting thrown out because even the refugees grew tired of tinned beef. Uncle Bruno recovered a great deal of these cans from the dumpsters. :D

Amazingly, I recently saw one of those cans for sale at the flea market - it was dented and horribly rusted. I don't know who would've bought it - except maybe out of curiosity - because the meat inside was at least twenty years old by then. I planned to go to the flea market this morning and take a few pictures, but the weather was really nasty and I gave up - relatively few people bother to show up when it's snowing, for obvious reasons.

Didn't the beef disintegrate? The canned corned beef we get here just turns to mush if you heat it up.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

spankmeister posted:

Didn't the beef disintegrate? The canned corned beef we get here just turns to mush if you heat it up.

Yes, the beef would disintegrate, but only to a certain point since the blob was actually congealed out of reasonable chunks of meat, and it tasted surprisingly good. I wish I knew who was the manufacturer of these cans (refugee stuff NEVER mentions the manufacturer) because I wouldn't think twice about buying a whole carton of this stuff after all these years, it was that good.

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

spankmeister posted:

I especially like it when a pigeon escapes, only to fly directly into it's death moments later.

That last one just walks straight in. Godspeed.

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

Package is in the mail buddy. Didn't expect it to cost me 80 bones to send 3.3kg to Croatia but whatever. Hopefully it clears customs ;)

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

OP did you ever consider buying drugs on darknet markets? Is that a thing people do in croatia? You can get all kinds of interesting chemicals from dodgy Russian and Chinese labs nowadays!

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Millow posted:

Package is in the mail buddy. Didn't expect it to cost me 80 bones to send 3.3kg to Croatia but whatever. Hopefully it clears customs ;)

Thanks mate, can't wait to see what it is :) (I also hope the customs people won't badger me to pay the import tax on whatever it is because I'm completely dry.) It's also going to take at least three weeks to arrive, possibly much longer!

spankmeister posted:

OP did you ever consider buying drugs on darknet markets? Is that a thing people do in croatia? You can get all kinds of interesting chemicals from dodgy Russian and Chinese labs nowadays!

Nothing screams "I'm a lovely, boring, friendless loser" than having to buy drugs on the internet, especially on darknets which are understood to be huge honeypots. 13 year old boys over here would laugh at me if I did such a thing. Besides, ingesting crumbly, unmarked pills manufactured in some shady backstreet lab the Third World is a great way to OD on whatever-the-gently caress-that-was-supposed-to-be-but-wasn't and then not being able to tell the ER staff what exactly did you take so that they could give you an antidote. The whole thing is completely unreasonable to me.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.

Nothing screams "I'm a lovely, boring, friendless loser" than having to buy drugs on the internet, especially on darknets which are understood to be huge honeypots. 13 year old boys over here would laugh at me if I did such a thing. Besides, ingesting crumbly, unmarked pills manufactured in some shady backstreet lab the Third World is a great way to OD on whatever-the-gently caress-that-was-supposed-to-be-but-wasn't and then not being able to tell the ER staff what exactly did you take so that they could give you an antidote. The whole thing is completely unreasonable to me.

ASFB with the fuckin realtalk, god drat.

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

drat, dude. You can tell a drug-related idea is a bad one when noted pill gobbler ASFB describes it as "completely unreasonable".

TitanG
May 10, 2015

Eh. Honestly you can get legit drugs off the darkweb easily and safely (MDMA prices are currently low in part because of that, for example), and legal testing for known drugs is done by non-profit orgs anonymously and fairly cheap (think it costs like tenbux) which the suppliers generally take into account. Most of popular synthetic drugs are 50s-60s chemistry anyway, as long as you can get the precursors unmonitored it's fairly easy to make. Even the RCs generally come in high (98%+) purity, the only problem is that nobody knows how you're going to react to them, but if you're eating brand new untested synths you're probably off the deep end anyway.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

TitanG posted:

Eh. Honestly you can get legit drugs off the darkweb easily and safely (MDMA prices are currently low in part because of that, for example), and legal testing for known drugs is done by non-profit orgs anonymously and fairly cheap (think it costs like tenbux) which the suppliers generally take into account. Most of popular synthetic drugs are 50s-60s chemistry anyway, as long as you can get the precursors unmonitored it's fairly easy to make. Even the RCs generally come in high (98%+) purity, the only problem is that nobody knows how you're going to react to them, but if you're eating brand new untested synths you're probably off the deep end anyway.

i like smoking weed

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

TitanG posted:

TCC poster spotted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

I'm going to keep this post short because I'm hopped up on xannies and it's only a matter of time until I pass out.

Mr. Weed is truly a good friend. Today he rang on my doors to ask if I'm doing okay because I haven't been heard from for a whole week. I'm not doing so hot, decided to go back to Citalopram SSRI because I'm in this unfortunate state when even the smallest impulse sends me over the edge - today I had a cup of turkish coffee and it sent me right into the meltdown mode. gently caress feeling alive and feeling emotions, when something as insignificant as coffee wrecks my poo poo utterly and completely, just just know that things ain't right and I'd rather spend the rest of my days being a meek, medicated drooly than having to deal with panic attacks on a daily basis. I've been taking Citalopram for five or six years and it was an utterly uneventful ride - which is precisely the point! :)

No emotions, no meltdowns. It's a small price to pay, all things considered.

And I don't like xanax, not one bit. Gets me woozy and subdued, but after taking the pills I feel like I'm still flipping the gently caress out, down at some base level. Not the greatest of feelings, but this night I actually might catch a wink of sleep because I've been having recurrent nightmares from which I'm usually not able to wake up. Bloody hell.

My other druggie buddy is not doing so hot either. Last time I spoke to him, couple of months ago, he rambled incoherently about ordering Internet Ketamine and that's the last I've heard from him. Hope he's not dead.

I'll go back to posting funny stories after I pull myself together. Give me a couple of days for Citalopram to kick in, and I promise I won't disappoint you.