Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I thought that Steve Jobs movie was real real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Which one

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Well I've only seen the one everyone else is talking about but I'll take the bold stance of saying *.*

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
The new Underworld looks fun because it seems they go up the arctic and find Frankenstein's monster.
Any story that has him just hanging up there, immortal and angry is alright with me.

Anyway the best part of that KLF video is them going into the lawsuit with ABBA and claiming this liberated the song Dancing Queen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr-OM5bdlto

All the Alan Moore bits are good as well.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
The new Underworld movie is loving weird. I'm almost glad that I was forced to see it sober (how does a theater that serve alcohol run out of Bud Light?), because otherwise I'd not really be convinced that some of it actually happened.

I think the most :wtc: thing is when one vampire and one werewolf shoot each other like they were bullet sponges (which they are, because they are both special guys) until they are right next to each other, then they both scream and pop out all the bullets inside themselves simultaneously. Like, I'm not sure if it was meant to be as funny as it was.

Or when a bad vampire that previously drank Selene's super blood learns she can survive the sun, but dies seconds later to a sword to the back of the head.

Or how Lara Pulver's character has so many outfit changes to remind the audience she has tits.

Does a fifth Underworld movie warrant spoilers?

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 7, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Of loving COURSE you drink Bud Light

hahaha

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
In other news, a package showed up late tonight on my doorstep, torn open, the good news is I suppose the things I ordered weren't deemed worthy of stealing.

I got Lady Killer Volume One, by far the most gorgeous comic out there right now.

The other thing was EMF's Stigma.
Weird brit pop that was killed by grunge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-qeZelPmNk

Been hoping to find that CD in the wild for years now, but finally gave in and got it for nothing off amazon.
Same with the Pilfer's Chawalaleng, been one of my favourite albums since it came out, had to resort to amazon for a phsyical copy.
Hell, couldn't even find a legit digital copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxIrrxnuz2k

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
which are the best and worst alan smithee directed movies

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

FishBulb posted:

hahaha

Eh, it's mostly my drink of choice because I didn't even drink until my mid late 20s, had no idea where to start, and they were free where I was the first time I did.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

corn in the bible posted:

which are the best and worst alan smithee directed movies

Burn Hollywood Burn.
A film about the Alan Smithee credit, that ended up being the last film to get the Alan Smithee credit.
Not as some meta joke either, the director hated the final cut of the film.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

MisterBibs posted:

Eh, it's mostly my drink of choice because I didn't even drink until my mid late 20s, had no idea where to start, and they were free where I was the first time I did.

This is somehow worse than Rageholic talking about how good Chipotle burritos are when they're touched by the magical hands of Mexicans.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MisterBibs posted:

There's a difference between "drink of choice" and "only thing you drink" and apparently it's the later.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I drink whatever's cheap, I've never been able to get into "good" beer (weed is better anyway). I kinda like it, though. Ice-cold bubbly pee water reminds me of when I was spending all my spare money on pinball, which was a nice time.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Budgie Jumping posted:

Hey I know you guys like comics. What's that The Mask comic like?

It's loving dope

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Saw La Femme Nikita for the first time. Point of No Return should've never been made.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

There's a difference between "drink of choice" and "only thing you drink" and apparently it's the later.

Nah, I'll drink other stuff, I'm not that picky. Bud Light is just my default when I don't have a specific thing in mind.

Like, when you're watching a fifth Underworld movie and you figure quality is going to be required over quality.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jan 7, 2017

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Also James Woods is crazy

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
CRAZY ABOUT COCAINE

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So lyft likes to randomly charge people an extra $35 on five minute rides.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
SURGE PRICING BABY

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FishBulb posted:

SURGE PRICING BABY

It was a 700% markup, at 8:20 in the morning on a weekday. I paid normal rate when I used them on New Year's eve. I used to talk them up because I thought I'd read they cap their markups at double, apparently I was wrong. I've used them during rushes before and always got a warning saying it'd be 25% extra or whatever, nothing this morning. I'm trying to blow them up on twitter at the moment but I only have like 12 followers so that's not really going to do anything.

https://twitter.com/sinclairking/status/817607764675465216

Share this if you want to help publicly shame them.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Skwirl posted:

drat, that would have been amazing.

Edit: Found a clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=040OgeqmIY8

Fun fact: Cronenberg, Howard Shore, and David Henry Hwang (who wrote M. Butterfly) teamed up to make a The Fly opera back in 08.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYYo2scfGuM

edit: with Placido motherfucking Domingo conducting.

Carly Gay Dead Son fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 7, 2017

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Skwirl posted:

So lyft likes to randomly charge people an extra $35 on five minute rides.

We're living in a libertarian hell.
https://twitter.com/fox5dc/status/817149874445713408

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

FishBulb posted:

hahaha

If it isn't the best one why does it have such a big market share, smart guy?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Peccadillo posted:

If it isn't the best one why does it have such a big market share, smart guy?

I'm pissed at myself for not making that joke first.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Hey, Lil Mama, how can I best assist the revolution?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Spatulater bro! posted:

The Cable Guy is better than Eternal Sunshine?

I certainly think so but I know that's probably going to be an unpopular opinion.

Safety Factor posted:

Does Nightbreed count? He didn't direct it, but Cronenberg had a major role.

Nightbreed sucks.

David Cronenberg in that movie is the only good thing about it besides some of the creature designs.

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

The three movies he directed (Hellraiser, Nightbreed, and Lord of Illusions)

The Brattle is showing Lord of Illusions somewhere in the next month.

Lobok posted:

Fair enough, I'll scratch the "it's universal" from now on. I don't mean to offend. I only say it because it actually has been my experience with the gay friends I know.

I wasn't offended at all. I've heard about this before but I've never actually witnessed it or known any other homos that were into boobs. Anyway, the kid in question is super creepy so he was probably just trying to cop a feel.

TrixRabbi posted:

Videodrome is actually about the right to bear arms and to store them in our abdomens chest vaginas.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I really should watch Videodrome, but I can't shake the feeling I'd be entirely grossed out by it. Not scared, not disturbed, just grossed out.

E, vvv Bud Light lacks both slime/go and the tearing of skin, so it's objectively less gross.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 7, 2017

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's less gross than Bud Light

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

After years of being unable to play it, I have finally obtained a copy and played a few hours into the predecessor of my favorite game of all time - Dark Souls. I am now that much more grateful it exists because I can't comprehend how a game as bad as Demon's Souls got a sequel.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Northern Virginia residents are all rich and poo poo, they deserve it.

Actually that 10-mile section of interstate used to be part of my commute, now I have to use the subway where today my train was stuck in a tunnel as the authorities had to fix an electrical problem at the next stop. Wasn't that bad of a wait because it was completely silent in the car other than some off-key guy listening & then singing his jams (mainly about beating up that pussy and random sfx) to a bunch of people that just got off work.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Just finished Dead Ringers, movie owns. The combo of scarlet surgical robes and cruel tools is *kisses fingers like chef boy r d* perfecto

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Apropos of nothing, I feel bad for live musicians at bars. You know they, deep down, want to play their own music they've written. But their audience (you know, white folks in the process of getting drunk) only respond to the covers they know the lyrics to while in the aforementioned process of getting drunk.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

FishBulb posted:

Well I've only seen the one everyone else is talking about but I'll take the bold stance of saying *.*

Pirates Of Silicon Valley is actually pretty good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

Apropos of nothing, I feel bad for live musicians at bars. You know they, deep down, want to play their own music they've written. But their audience (you know, white folks in the process of getting drunk) only respond to the covers they know the lyrics to while in the aforementioned process of getting drunk.

Those songs are objectively better because they sold more albums/singles/were licenced more, only posers pretending to be cool want to hear music that's not on a top 40 station.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

MisterBibs posted:

You been watchin' La La Land, huh.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

MisterBibs posted:

I really want to start a bar band that plays dad rock covers but fucks with the lyrics to make them about poo poo that is gross and awful.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Skwirl posted:

Those songs are objectively better because they sold more albums/singles/were licenced more, only posers pretending to be cool want to hear music that's not on a top 40 station.

Well, duh - they know what the audience wants, after all, so they do the covers - but it's still kinda sad.

Hostile V posted:

You been watchin' La La Land, huh.

If this has anything to do with what I said, I suppose I should see it. It didn't seem like my cup of tea, outside of Emma Stone being cute.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

weekly font posted:

After years of being unable to play it, I have finally obtained a copy and played a few hours into the predecessor of my favorite game of all time - Dark Souls. I am now that much more grateful it exists because I can't comprehend how a game as bad as Demon's Souls got a sequel.

Uh, you best check yourself, Demon's Souls owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

CPL593H posted:

Videodrome is actually about the right to bear arms and to store them in our abdomens chest vaginas.

um, the chest is the top half of the torso protected by the rib cage. the abdomen is the lower part with your stomach and intestines. it's a "belly pussy" get it right, guy.

• Locked thread